KSB2424

Ahmaud Arbery

1 hour ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Except for the part that the “crime” isn’t a felony under GA law. I bet there are other missing pieces in the “analysis”, but I stopped there.

For the record though, "Criminal trespassing" is a second degree felony.  I don't know if there's any video of that.  I don't know if that's what he did.  That's for the court/lawyers to prove/not prove.

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

For the record though, "Criminal trespassing" is a second degree felony.  I don't know if there's any video of that.  I don't know if that's what he did.  That's for the court/lawyers to prove/not prove.

Where are you getting that info?

Everywhere you look indicates criminal trespass in GA is a misdemeanor. 

8 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Where are you getting that info?

Everywhere you look indicates criminal trespass in GA is a misdemeanor. 

In NJ, there's no distinction for trespassing.  In PA, it's second degree felony.  States are different.  I said that in a post above.  In fact, I even said that if someone knows what the GA laws are, post them.

Also, if you read the link I provided, there's a section on non-felony's that allow for a citizen's arrest.  Because you apparently didn't read it, here it is...

There is one exception: You can perform a citizen’s arrest for a misdemeanor if the misdemeanor is a breach of the peace. In this situation, you must have witnessed the crime, the crime must have just occurred or there must be reason to believe that the crime will continue.

So, if they know that Arbery went into more than one house and they saw it happen... or that they knew of other instances, then they were within their rights to make a citizen's arrest.

haven't posted or followed this much. 

Appears these 2 red necks hunted this kid down. 

Hopefully Georgia has the death penalty and they get it. 

7 minutes ago, drobeski said:

If that's true, then I hope they fry these azzholes.

18 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

In NJ, there's no distinction for trespassing.  In PA, it's second degree felony.  States are different.  I said that in a post above.  In fact, I even said that if someone knows what the GA laws are, post them.

Also, if you read the link I provided, there's a section on non-felony's that allow for a citizen's arrest.  Because you apparently didn't read it, here it is...

So, if they know that Arbery went into more than one house and they saw it happen... or that they knew of other instances, then they were within their rights to make a citizen's arrest.

So, is your information about GA law regarding citizen's arrest or some other state?  

Here is my take (and I think that you have a similar one) - Jethro and Cletus probably should have let the cops handle the situation since the best that they have is that there was a guy looking into house and maybe trying to steal something.  By approaching him with loaded weapons, they took it too far.  Let's not bury the investigation and have someone impartial look at the evidence and then let's see what happens.  Since they got charged right away, my guess is that it is at least in motion. 

20 minutes ago, drobeski said:

This......do any of us honestly want two idiots like this roaming our areas?  Its one thing if they had simply followed the punk, called 911 and such....but clearly they are a problem.

21 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

So, is your information about GA law regarding citizen's arrest or some other state?  

Here is my take (and I think that you have a similar one) - Jethro and Cletus probably should have let the cops handle the situation since the best that they have is that there was a guy looking into house and maybe trying to steal something.  By approaching him with loaded weapons, they took it too far.  Let's not bury the investigation and have someone impartial look at the evidence and then let's see what happens.  Since they got charged right away, my guess is that it is at least in motion. 

Regarding a citizen's arrest, it's generic.  What's different is how each state handles what classifies as what.  Such as, what's a felony, what's a misdemeanor, and so on.  But, what's required for a citizen's arrest is pretty standard.

Yes, I agree with you completely.

The only reason for my posts were to say, it seems like these morons MAY have a case.  I think they need to go to jail.  I don't think they will if the prosecutor wants to push for murder.  If they do, I think these two are going to go free.  I said before, the problem with this case is that the left wing media is pushing the racism card.  They're pushing the lynching agenda.  By doing that, and ignoring the fact that the victim isn't really a squeaky clean person and the fact that he was probably actually committing a crime, they're going to push the DA's office to go for broke.  The media has created a no-win scenario.  If the DA's pushes for murder, these two are going to walk (I think they will anyway).  That will create the frenzy and narrative that the country is ok with killing black people.  If the DA's office does what's right and does what they can to get these two in jail (which is push for something that will get them like 12-18 months), the media will push the narrative that racism is ok because these two got a slap on the wrist.

I mean, you saw how Newbie, Peenie, and MDC are reacting in this thread.  Arbery was innocent.  He did nothing wrong.  They want lifetime sentences.  At this point, I think that's absurd.  When all the info comes out, then we'll see.  I'm fine with sending these two to jail for 30 years, if that's where the evidence takes us... but those 3, and people like them, will ignore all the evidence if it leads to something small which will get these two a year or even less.

8 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Of course I do, that's why I asked.  :unsure:

Black on black crime is far more common than black on white crime. It is deliberately misleading to draw conclusions on the relative racism of blacks vs whites based on interracial crime statistics without that context. But it’s the sort of lunkhead anthropology I expect from this place. :thumbsup: 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Regarding a citizen's arrest, it's generic.  What's different is how each state handles what classifies as what.  Such as, what's a felony, what's a misdemeanor, and so on.  But, what's required for a citizen's arrest is pretty standard.

Yes, I agree with you completely.

The only reason for my posts were to say, it seems like these morons MAY have a case.  I think they need to go to jail.  I don't think they will if the prosecutor wants to push for murder.  If they do, I think these two are going to go free.  I said before, the problem with this case is that the left wing media is pushing the racism card.  They're pushing the lynching agenda.  By doing that, and ignoring the fact that the victim isn't really a squeaky clean person and the fact that he was probably actually committing a crime, they're going to push the DA's office to go for broke.  The media has created a no-win scenario.  If the DA's pushes for murder, these two are going to walk (I think they will anyway).  That will create the frenzy and narrative that the country is ok with killing black people.  If the DA's office does what's right and does what they can to get these two in jail (which is push for something that will get them like 12-18 months), the media will push the narrative that racism is ok because these two got a slap on the wrist.

I mean, you saw how Newbie, Peenie, and MDC are reacting in this thread.  Arbery was innocent.  He did nothing wrong.  They want lifetime sentences.  At this point, I think that's absurd.  When all the info comes out, then we'll see.  I'm fine with sending these two to jail for 30 years, if that's where the evidence takes us... but those 3, and people like them, will ignore all the evidence if it leads to something small which will get them a year or less.

Not every state has the same law for citizen's arrest.  It is not generic.

This is Georgia's law - https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-17/chapter-4/article-4/17-4-60/

A private person may arrest an offender if the offense is committed in his presence or within his immediate knowledge. If the offense is a felony and the offender is escaping or attempting to escape, a private person may arrest him upon reasonable and probable grounds of suspicion.

I don't have enough info yet, but from what I have seen, it does not seem that they have not reasonably witnessed a felony (no items are in Arbery's possession).

Now, as far as overreactions go, I think that there all sorts of them. I am also not of the mind that we fry these guys.  This is probably a manslaughter thing or maybe a murder 2 if there is some back history with these guys.  The only way you see murder 1 is if they had been hunting him down and this was planned.  I have not seen anything indicating that, though, so that is so outside of what I think is realistic.

56 minutes ago, drobeski said:

False

7 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Not every state has the same law for citizen's arrest.  It is not generic.

This is Georgia's law - https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-17/chapter-4/article-4/17-4-60/

I don't have enough info yet, but from what I have seen, it does not seem that they have not reasonably witnessed a felony (no items are in Arbery's possession).

Now, as far as overreactions go, I think that there all sorts of them. I am also not of the mind that we fry these guys.  This is probably a manslaughter thing or maybe a murder 2 if there is some back history with these guys.  The only way you see murder 1 is if they had been hunting him down and this was planned.  I have not seen anything indicating that, though, so that is so outside of what I think is realistic.

I'm not sure how you can make the argument it wasn't planned if they infact had to grab their guns from someplace and did have to go look for him

19 minutes ago, MDC said:

Black on black crime is far more common than black on white crime. It is deliberately misleading to draw conclusions on the relative racism of blacks vs whites based on interracial crime statistics without that context. But it’s the sort of lunkhead anthropology I expect from this place. :thumbsup: 

Interesting.   So then if its true that most crime is black on black we should not focus on it? Or should we instead focus on the lesser occurrence, and why is that true? What is more impactful to the AA community?  Should we pretend the occasional misbehavior of a small set of the population is headline worthy and if import to the AA community more so than other crime?  Why?

23 minutes ago, MDC said:

Sounds like a lot of crime going on...

1 hour ago, drobeski said:

I give you sh1t when you say dumb so I'm going to give you credit when you say intelligent things.  Very impressed to see you have this opinion. Well done

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

Interesting.   So then if its true that most crime is black on black we should not focus on it? Or should we instead focus on the lesser occurrence, and why is that true? What is more impactful to the AA community?  Should we pretend the occasional misbehavior of a small set of the population is headline worthy and if import to the AA community more so than other crime?  Why?

I think we should focus on all crime. I’m good at multitasking. :thumbsup: 

The big story here is that the shooters weren’t initially arrested, not that two hillbillies shot someone. I don’t know whether this shooting was racially motivated. I assume the ex cop who investigated Arbery had some kind of grudge against him. 

2 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Except for the part that the “crime” isn’t a felony under GA law. I bet there are other missing pieces in the “analysis”, but I stopped there.

I don’t know Georgia law but one of you is wrong. He specifically calls it a felony under Georgia law, he seemed to be quoting an authoritative source, so I took his word for it... then you did the same thing finding a source as well.

Just now, MDC said:

I think we should focus on all crime. I’m good at multitasking. :thumbsup: 

The big story here is that the shooters weren’t initially arrested, not that two hillbillies shot someone. I don’t know whether this shooting was racially motivated. I assume the ex cop who investigated Arbery had some kind of grudge against him. 

I tend to disagree, the big news is that someone lost their life, not the ethnicity of the participants nor the reaction of law enforcement.....

You may be gifted at multitasking, but multitasking on the wrong tasks leads to the perpetuation of outcomes.   For decades the actions of liberals has fed a negative feedback loop for the AA community, and I would like for them to stop focusing on the wrong areas and improve this component of our society.

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

I don’t know whether this shooting was racially motivated. 

Stop making sense.

Just now, RLLD said:

I tend to disagree, the big news is that someone lost their life, not the ethnicity of the participants nor the reaction of law enforcement.....

You may be gifted at multitasking, but multitasking on the wrong tasks leads to the perpetuation of outcomes.   For decades the actions of liberals has fed a negative feedback loop for the AA community, and I would like for them to stop focusing on the wrong areas and improve this component of our society.

I never mentioned the ethnicity of the shooter / victim. Personally, I think the big story is the fact that the shooters weren’t arrested. That and the shooter’s connection to the police department and the victim.

The rest of your post is misdirected at me. I’m sure Newbie would be happy to keep you busy though.

1 minute ago, MDC said:

I never mentioned the ethnicity of the shooter / victim. Personally, I think the big story is the fact that the shooters weren’t arrested. That and the shooter’s connection to the police department and the victim.

The rest of your post is misdirected at me. I’m sure Newbie would be happy to keep you busy though.

I see, so your usage of hillbillies is something you leverage irrespective of the individuals physical characteristics, noted.  And then you see the ensuing actions of law enforcement as improper, which I can get behind since that tends to happen to all segments of society and is certainly another mutually-exclusive issue that needs to be dealt with.

1 hour ago, drobeski said:

I'll give you the cliff notes version of the events as we know them, not what the media is saying, which is what you just said above.

African American man has been seen snooping around a neighborhood he doesn't live in.  There is video of him doing so on multiple days and nights.   One day he is spotted and two "Good ole Boys" decide they are going to stop him and see whats up aka make a "Citizens Arrest" (first mistake) and they are armed (second mistake).   Good ole boys stop their truck up in front of where AA man is running / walking.  AA man see's truck with Good Ole Boys, then immediately runs around truck and confronts one man who is holding a gun (odd to say the least).  A struggle ensues and AA man is shot and dies.

Unlike the news media and narrative says this wasn't two Rednecks randomly driving around lookin' for a lynchin'  Yee Haw!  Nor was this man out for a friendly jog just minding his own business.

The Good ole Boys hold culpability in what happened, no doubt.   To what extent, not sure, maybe manslaughter or a similar charge?

6 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I'll give you the cliff notes version of the events as we know them, not what the media is saying, which is what you just said above.

African American man has been seen snooping around a neighborhood he doesn't live in.  There is video of him doing so on multiple days and nights.   One day he is spotted and two "Good ole Boys" decide they are going to stop him and see whats up aka make a "Citizens Arrest" (first mistake) and they are armed (second mistake).   Good ole boys stop their truck up in front of where AA man is running / walking.  AA man see's truck with Good Ole Boys, then immediately runs around truck and confronts one man who is holding a gun (odd to say the least).  A struggle ensues and AA man is shot and dies.

Unlike the news media and narrative says this wasn't two Rednecks randomly driving around lookin' for a lynchin'  Yee Haw!  Nor was this man out for a friendly jog just minding his own business.

The Good ole Boys hold culpability in what happened, no doubt.   To what extent, not sure, maybe manslaughter or a similar charge?

It's not a mistake to be armed.

The rest of your summary is spot on.

He has X-ray vision now? He knew there was a man in front of the truck with a gun?

26 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I see, so your usage of hillbillies is something you leverage irrespective of the individuals physical characteristics, noted.  And then you see the ensuing actions of law enforcement as improper, which I can get behind since that tends to happen to all segments of society and is certainly another mutually-exclusive issue that needs to be dealt with.

I definitely used the term hillbillies specifically because of the physical characteristics of the shooter! Look at him. 

Given the shooter’s ties to law enforcement it seems improper that he wasn’t even arrested for this shooting. I’m prepared to be proven wrong if we learn more but right now I see conflicts of interest all over the place.

31 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I think KSB pretty much nailed it here. I’m thinking manslaughter too. 

1 minute ago, MDC said:

I definitely used the term hillbillies specifically because of the physical characteristics of the shooter! Look at him. 

Stereotyping is okay.  Duly noted. 😛

Arbury had visited the site previously many times. Was anything ever stolen?

Also, have media and alt-media agreed on how far this is from his house?

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Oh, I get it... blacks are such frequent criminals that the black on black crime waters down the black on white crime data.  In other words, they aren't racist, they're just criminals.  :thumbsup:

In a way I agree with your conclusion, although your logic is poor.  The real issue is that we need to adjust that data for populations sizes at a minimum, possibly also opportunity/location although that is much harder.  There probably isn't much absolute black on Eskimo crime, or vice versa.  :dunno:

12 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Arbury had visited the site previously many times. Was anything ever stolen?

Also, have media and alt-media agreed on how far this is from his house?

Negative.  Nothing ever stolen from the jobsite. Nor were there any break ins or robberies reported in that area

1 minute ago, The Observer said:

Negative.  Nothing ever stolen from the jobsite. Nor were there any break ins or robberies reported in that area

That is not quite true from what I have seen reported thus far.

- The only stolen item in the neighborhood reported to police was a gun stolen from an unlocked car.  The car belonged to one of the accused and it happened about 6 weeks prior to this incident

- It is unclear if items were missing from the construction site as items are often not reported missing in those situations. This still needs to be determined, so you can't say "Nothing ever stolen from the jobsite". 

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Oh, I get it... blacks are such frequent criminals that the black on black crime waters down the black on white crime data.  In other words, they aren't racist, they're just criminals.  :thumbsup:

In a way I agree with your conclusion, although your logic is poor.  The real issue is that we need to adjust that data for populations sizes at a minimum, possibly also opportunity/location although that is much harder.  There probably isn't much absolute black on Eskimo crime, or vice versa.  :dunno:

That’s right: Black people don’t appear to be targeting whites, they commit much more violent crime and other black people are most often the target.

You finally got there Jerry.  :cheers: 
Not sure what’s wrong with my logic here. Logically speaking, it is stupid to draw conclusions about the relative racism of blacks vs whites based on interracial crime stats for reasons I shouldn’t have to explain but did anyway. 

7 minutes ago, MDC said:

That’s right: Black people don’t appear to be targeting whites, they commit much more violent crime and other black people are most often the target.

You finally got there Jerry.  :cheers: 
Not sure what’s wrong with my logic here. Logically speaking, it is stupid to draw conclusions about the relative racism of blacks vs whites based on interracial crime stats for reasons I shouldn’t have to explain but did anyway. 

Oh, we just pretend that non-African crime is the real problem, I see, I guess that helps feed the victimization lie.

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Oh, we just pretend that non-African crime is the real problem, I see, I guess that helps feed the victimization lie.

What do you mean “we”? I keep saying I don’t see a racial angle to this case. :wacko: 

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

What do you mean “we”? I keep saying I don’t see a racial angle to this case. :wacko: 

I disagree, but I accept your assertion that YOU believe you are not.....  :cheers:

24 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

- It is unclear if items were missing from the construction site as items are often not reported missing in those situations. This still needs to be determined, so you can't say "Nothing ever stolen from the jobsite". 

According to the owner of the home under construction, nothing was stolen from the site nor did he share video with the arrestees.

10 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I disagree, but I accept your assertion that YOU believe you are not.....  :cheers:

Well, you can take what I say at face value or rely on your feelings and intuition, the choice is yours Cliffy. 

Intraracial- Same race

Interracial- Different race  

You would think a guy talking about anthropology would know that  

18 hours ago, peenie said:

Perhaps I'm mistaken but wasn't this a home under construction, not a someone's residence?? You think shooting someone for walking around in an empty half built home is a crime worth carrying a gun and threatening someone with it. They stopped their car in the middle of the street and the gunman was in the street??? They too were breaking the law for that matter.

Excellent video from a former Arizona cop.It's almost 15 minutes long but explanation of whole scenario should be heard.

• Thanks 1