KSB2424

Ahmaud Arbery

10 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Her uncle is probably rolling over in his grave.  Did she have anything to say about John Lewis' posthumous letter to himself?  

John Lewis lived off of his youthful success. He went McCain at some point.  

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

John Lewis lived off of his youthful success. He went McCain at some point.  

That has nothing to do with @Strike post or Lewis' posthumous letter or Alveda King or anything really

7 hours ago, Herbivore said:

Her uncle is probably rolling over in his grave. 

You have zero idea of what you're talking about.

Republicans are colorblind and treat blacks as equals which is exactly Dr. King preached. Meanwhile, Democrats know what's best for black people and treat them like children, like inferior beings that need a booster chair and a hand holding to get through life. Republicans judge people on the content of character, it's the Democrats who judge them on the color of skin. Race is at the forefront and permeates their every thought.

It's the left that is changing the definition of racism, the left that is reintroducing segregation in colleges and it's the left that is undermining/rewriting equal rights laws. It's the left promoting violent not peaceful protests. It's the left dividing and tearing down rather than unifying and building up the country. It's the left that has been running these inner city for the last fifty years. Mostly, it's the left that is sh*tting on her uncle while it's the right that is embracing and holding true to his teachings. Seriously, they undermine his teachings and are trying to discredit him. 

Personally, I love the man. His letter from Birmingham jail brought tears to my eyes. I don't know that there's a hint of daylight between my beliefs and his but there's a world of differnece between us and the left.

By the way, there's research showing that Republicans don't dumb down their speeches when addressing black audiences whereas Democrats do.

Seriously you DO NOT have any clue of what it is you are talking about.

9 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Republicans are colorblind and treat blacks as equals which is exactly Dr. King preached. Meanwhile, Democrats know what's best for black people and treat them like children, like inferior beings that need a booster chair and a hand holding to get through life. Republicans judge people on the content of character, it's the Democrats who judge them on the color of skin. Race is at the forefront and permeates their every thought.

It's the left that is changing the definition of racism, the left that is reintroducing segregation in colleges and it's the left that is undermining/rewriting equal rights laws. It's the left promoting violent not peaceful protests. It's the left dividing and tearing down rather than unifying and building up the country. It's the left that has been running these inner city for the last fifty years. Mostly, it's the left that is sh*tting on her uncle while it's the right that is embracing and holding true to his teachings. Seriously, they undermine his teachings and are trying to discredit him. 

Personally, I love the man. His letter from Birmingham jail brought tears to my eyes. I don't know that there's a hint of daylight between my beliefs and his but there's a world of differnece between us and the left.

By the way, there's research showing that Republicans don't dumb down their speeches when addressing black audiences whereas Democrats do.

Nailed it.

10 hours ago, Voltaire said:

can you confirm he is not rolling over in his grave?  joking obviously, but agree to disagree with your opinion here.  

https://www.bitchute.com/video/FW9F3v2eUlPo/

Vincent James got his hands on the McMichaels' defense filing. Their lawyer documented Arbery's frequent "run-ins" with the law and Vincent has a rather comical take going over the many documented offenses. 'Run-ins' with the law is literally what he was doing, although 'run-outs' works even better. Because no doubt, the young man liked running and trespassing in places that he didn't belong. A woman caught him in her backyard looking in her car, the biggest thing he was caught stealing was a TV. All involve running. That day he was shot pretty much encapsulates all his other encounters with police- Go trespassing: run. Go grab sh*t from a convenience store: run, breaking and entry: run

"Jogger" is a super valid description it seems. The convenience stores he would often enter, swipe things, and run out from called him that very term ... "the jogger".

....running, trespassing, running, grabbing sh*t, running. Nobody knew this about the guy (for obvious reasons), but a nosy, kleptomaniac was our Ahmaud Arbery.

50 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

https://www.bitchute.com/video/FW9F3v2eUlPo/

Vincent James got his hands on the McMichaels' defense filing. Their lawyer documented Arbery's frequent "run-ins" with the law and Vincent has a rather comical take going over the many documented offenses. 'Run-ins' with the law is literally what he was doing, although 'run-outs' works even better. Because no doubt, the young man liked running and trespassing in places that he didn't belong. A woman caught him in her backyard looking in her car, the biggest thing he was caught stealing was a TV. All involve running. That day he was shot pretty much encapsulates all his other encounters with police- Go trespassing: run. Go grab sh*t from a convenience store: run, breaking and entry: run

"Jogger" is a super valid description it seems. The convenience stores he would often enter, swipe things, and run out from called him that very term ... "the jogger".

....running, trespassing, running, grabbing sh*t, running. Nobody knew this about the guy (for obvious reasons), but a nosy, kleptomaniac was our Ahmaud Arbery.

That line of defense is weak and will fail.  That does not justify their actions which resulted in Arbery's death.  They cornered him and provoked it.  Some trespassing or alleged past theft does not justify brandishing weapons and tracking him down.  As much as I am vocal about defending Rittenhouse and Zimmerman, this is a terrible case to defend, IMHO.  

On 4/23/2021 at 1:46 PM, tanatastic said:

He attacked 2 guys with guns. 😂

He was taking care of his family...they will be millionaires

33 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

He was taking care of his family...they will be millionaires

No. The Floyd family has Minneapolis taxpayers on the hook for whatever their neo-lib mayor was willing to get swindled out of. The McMichaels' don't have anyone responsible for paying out, there's nobody with a bag of gold on the hook.

1 hour ago, jonmx said:

That line of defense is weak and will fail.  That does not justify their actions which resulted in Arbery's death.  They cornered him and provoked it.  Some trespassing or alleged past theft does not justify brandishing weapons and tracking him down.  As much as I am vocal about defending Rittenhouse and Zimmerman, this is a terrible case to defend, IMHO.  

No, it just makes Arbery far less sympathetic. In the first half of this thread, I made arguments along the lines of "construction sites are interesting and I have done the exact same sort of thing he did, checking them out" to try to justify his actions as potentially harmless. Now that I know that he REALLY WAS in the habit of stealing sh*t when he went trespassing, well, it doesn't change that he didn't deserve to get shot, but now I know for sure he's not simply a curious pedestrian. Arbery was in the habit of grabbing things and running and had done so many times over. With that, the presumption of innocence is gone. Whenever I checked out construction sites, I never took anything. I never climbed out of a window. I just like looking around because I think construction sites are cool.

I'll be curious to see what they charge the McMichaels with. I'm pretty sure I saw a crime, but I don't know at what point it occurred. Did they have the right to chase him? I think so, he was leaving their neighbor's home through a window after all. To try to detain him? Maybe, I dunno. To shoot him? No. Clearly, not at first. But once he grabbed the rifle... a reasonable case can be made for self defense.

Where did the McMichaels go wrong? Maybe taking that rifle out of the truck because it escalated the situation to dangerous, but is that a crime? I'm no legal expert and I don't know what Michigan law would look like in this situation, let alone Georgia law. 

Real victims whose lives are either destroyed or ended through  no fault of their own, many of them children, get no play, yet these thugs, creeps and losers who are the central figure in their own demise get martyred. Strange times. Nice work libtards.  

49 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

No. The Floyd family has Minneapolis taxpayers on the hook for whatever their neo-lib mayor was willing to get swindled out of. The McMichaels' don't have anyone responsible for paying out, there's nobody with a bag of gold on the hook.

White guilt will cash em out

17 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Real victims who’s lives are either destroyed or ended thorough no fault of their own, many of them children, get no play, yet these thugs, creeps and losers who are the central figure in their own demise get martyred. Strange times. Nice work libtards.  

We had a couple of white perpetrators killed by cops last week and I couldn't give a sh*t. I don't know their names, I haven't wasted many brain cells on learning the details. With their deaths, it occurs to me that I'm being emotionally manipulated by the media into researching the situation and doing anal probes on the motives of all involved whenever a black perpetrator winds up dead. And yet, I know deep down, I really don't give a fock about them any more than I do the white perps last week.

Sh*tbags all of them. Philando Castile, the exception.

10 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

We had a couple of white perpetrators killed by cops last week and I couldn't give a sh*t. I don't know their names, I haven't wasted many brain cells on learning the details. With their deaths, it occurs to me that I'm being emotionally manipulated by the media into researching the situation and doing anal probes on the motives of all involved whenever a black perpetrator winds up dead. And yet, I know deep down, I really don't give a fock about them any more than I do the white perps last week.

Sh*tbags all of them. Philando Castile, the exception.

The kid in Arizona is just horrible. I’d like to put one in those cops heads. I mean that. The Walter Scott one was a WTF moment. He was no thug. These bad shootings  with innocent victims do exist. But they are so rare that the two happen, innocent victim and bad shoot, they have to embellish and mislead to make it seem as if it’s a pervasive problem. Meanwhile down at the local school, math and English are too hard so they decided CRT can now be taught and bring up the GPA. 

10 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Well them good ol’ boys been federally charged :thumbsup:

They're fuked and deservedly so.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Well them good ol’ boys been federally charged :thumbsup:

I saw that. https://apnews.com/article/ahmaud-arbery-georgia-hate-crimes-crime-government-and-politics-ef101bfbf96f3ee921c29c6dcf89e7eb?utm_source=ground.news&utm_medium=referral

I'd long wondered what they'd be charged with. Like I've been saying all along, I think I saw a crime but I couldn't identify it 

Travis McMichael and his father, Gregory, were charged along with a third man, William “Roddie” Bryan, with one count of interference with civil rights and attempted kidnapping. The McMichaels are also charged with using, carrying and brandishing a firearm during a crime of violence.

If we are going to criminally charge those that look out for their neighbors and try to keep the community safe then we need to be able to ban certain people from being able to enter our neighborhoods. 

On 4/25/2021 at 10:13 AM, Voltaire said:

No, it just makes Arbery far less sympathetic. In the first half of this thread, I made arguments along the lines of "construction sites are interesting and I have done the exact same sort of thing he did, checking them out" to try to justify his actions as potentially harmless. Now that I know that he REALLY WAS in the habit of stealing sh*t when he went trespassing, well, it doesn't change that he didn't deserve to get shot, but now I know for sure he's not simply a curious pedestrian. Arbery was in the habit of grabbing things and running and had done so many times over. With that, the presumption of innocence is gone. Whenever I checked out construction sites, I never took anything. I never climbed out of a window. I just like looking around because I think construction sites are cool.

I'll be curious to see what they charge the McMichaels with. I'm pretty sure I saw a crime, but I don't know at what point it occurred. Did they have the right to chase him? I think so, he was leaving their neighbor's home through a window after all. To try to detain him? Maybe, I dunno. To shoot him? No. Clearly, not at first. But once he grabbed the rifle... a reasonable case can be made for self defense.

Where did the McMichaels go wrong? Maybe taking that rifle out of the truck because it escalated the situation to dangerous, but is that a crime? I'm no legal expert and I don't know what Michigan law would look like in this situation, let alone Georgia law. 

On 8/1/2020 at 12:54 AM, Voltaire said:

John Lewis said Voter ID is a poll tax. He said George Floyd was murdered. He spoke in favor of the BLM protests, calling them “orderly, peaceful, nonviolent protests.” He definitely didn’t agree with you on the Arbery case:

You’re totally ok with good ol’ boys murdering a black young man in the street because they supposedly thought he was trespassing (and not even on THEIR property)? Those 3 racist killers ought to spend the rest of their natural lives behind bars. It’s really absurd to claim that you share the same beliefs as John Lewis did when he lived, when anybody can clearly show otherwise. Your professed beliefs on this forum are the antithesis of Lewis’ beliefs.

When the feds come in and charge the civil rights violation that means the state doesn’t have a good case for murder/manslaughter. 

6 minutes ago, dogcows said:

John Lewis said Voter ID is a poll tax. He said George Floyd was murdered. He spoke in favor of the BLM protests, calling them “orderly, peaceful, nonviolent protests.” He definitely didn’t agree with you on the Arbery case:

You’re totally ok with good ol’ boys murdering a black young man in the street because they supposedly thought he was trespassing (and not even on THEIR property)? Those 3 racist killers ought to spend the rest of their natural lives behind bars. It’s really absurd to claim that you share the same beliefs as John Lewis did when he lived, when anybody can clearly show otherwise. Your professed beliefs on this forum are the antithesis of Lewis’ beliefs.

You had to look deep for the one case and are going back a year.

From yesterday:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/officer-keith-heacook-declared-dead-after-sunday-on-duty-beating-delaware

Blacks are slaughtering people all over this country and you focus on one kid who was trespassing in other people's garages. 

6 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

You had to look deep for the one case and are going back a year.

From yesterday:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/officer-keith-heacook-declared-dead-after-sunday-on-duty-beating-delaware

Blacks are slaughtering people all over this country and you focus on one kid who was trespassing in other people's garages. 

Uh… whut? Check the title of the thread my friend. 

6 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Uh… whut? Check the title of the thread my friend. 

Yeah, but your take is ridiculous with your whole "good ole boys" crap. Get over it.

2 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

You're part of the problem injecting race into everything.  Let me guess...muh Georgia, muh fat white guys in pick up truck!!!  These two clowns fuked up.  They were playing police lost. But please tell me how they did this only because he was black.

He has to inject race because he’s stupid, and simple. It’s the easiest thing to grab on to, and it really can’t be disproved, and it makes him feel good. But there’s non substance to it, it’s just picking up whats laying there. No digging involved. 

1 hour ago, dogcows said:

First, proximity to greatness isn't greatness. John Lewis was there for the marches and deserves respect for that but as racism has gradually faded out of existence, Lewis' role pivoted to keeping it alive and he spent the rest of his life as a Washington hack. Jesse Jackson deserves the same praise for his work back in the day, but he deserves even worse criticisms than Lewis as he went on to become an even worse race hustler than Lewis. Lewis was alive for the pivot to equity from equality. MLK was not about equity.

As for the McMichaels, asking the question "what do you think the crime was and at what should they be charged with?" would have been a more poignant to answer a couple of days ago before we heard back from the Feds. My quote about how I was wondering to see what they'd get charged with was from before they made their charges public. Look at the timestamp.  I didn't know what they would charge him with but I think the 'using, carrying, and brandishing a firearm' accusation may well be the answer. As for 'interfering with civil rights', I don't know what that means, my understanding is that the McMicahels dropped the n-bomb, so maybe that.  The attempted kidnapping charge seems meh. I don't like that one. They just wanted to detain him until the cops arrived. 

The McMichaels had the right it seems to me to chase him and possibly detain him and hold him for the police. Or not. I dunno. Georgia law seems to say they could and I think that's fair, but the Feds went for attempted kidnapping, so maybe they couldn't. To me, the mistake was trying to apprehend him with that rifle in his arms because that just accelerated everything. That rifle did him no good and taking it with him is what gets him in trouble.  Who knows what Arbery is thinking at that point, but seeing a guy chasing him and confronting him with a rifle.... maybe in the two seconds he had to make that decision, it didn't seem like a horrible idea to try to snatch it from the man's grip,, but that's what cost him his life.

John Lewis did a very brave thing as a young man. He put his ass on the line in a just, righteous fight. And didn’t do a damn thing else to help anyone the rest of his life. His district got worse in every measurable while he represented it. 

7 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Sounds like the Feds are overstepping their bounds.  Not surprised with Commie Joe in charge.

I had thought the Senate GOP really sh*tbagged Merrick Garland when they didn't give him a hearing for his SCOTUS nomination. Allegedly, he was a moderate lefty and I'd worried Hillary would nominate a hair on fire justice along the lines. wise Latina idiot Potatomayor. My goodness, did we dodge a bullet, this guy is truly a POS. We're so incredibly lucky things worked out like they did.

3 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I had thought the Senate GOP really sh*tbagged Merrick Garland when they didn't give him a hearing for his SCOTUS nomination. Allegedly, he was a moderate lefty and I'd worried Hillary would nominate a hair on fire justice along the lines. wise Latina idiot Potatomayor. My goodness, did we dodge a bullet, this guy is truly a POS. We're so incredibly lucky things worked out like they did.

In Washington, there's no such thing as "Moderate Lefty".  Well, they're few and far between anyway.  Manchin is one, I think there's another two or three, but that's it.  Biden isn't a moderate either, even though Dems like to pretend he is.

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

In Washington, there's no such thing as "Moderate Lefty".  Well, they're few and far between anyway.  Manchin is one, I think there's another two or three, but that's it.  Biden isn't a moderate either, even though Dems like to pretend he is.

Take Manchin out of WV and put him in California and he would be going along with all this left wing radical stuff. He needs to go too. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Take Manchin out of WV and put him in California and he would be going along with all this left wing radical stuff. He needs to go too. 

He doesn't vote that way.  He's been the lone Democrat siding with Republicans on some issues that either stopped Democrat policies or helped Republican policies.

Only specific parts of CA, if he wanted to stay in Congress.  CA does have Republicans in Congress.

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He wouldn't get elected there. He's a pro-labor Democrat. California Dems are all about basting themselves in the Wokeness cult.

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

He doesn't vote that way.  He's been the lone Democrat siding with Republicans on some issues that either stopped Democrat policies or helped Republican policies.

Only specific parts of CA, if he wanted to stay in Congress.  CA does have Republicans in Congress.

He’s a Senator. You think a Democrat has a chance in California of winning a senate seat as a moderate? 

Just now, Voltaire said:

He wouldn't get elected there. He's a pro-labor Democrat. California Dems are all about basting themselves in the Wokeness cult.

I know. I’m saying if he didn’t come from a red state. A moderate democrat is still way too left. He’s a moderate. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He’s a Senator. You think a Republican has a chance in California of winning a senate seat as a moderate? 

No, but he could run for a House seat.  Besides, even if that were true, I'm ok with it.  People should elect others because they share the same values.  Representatives should be holding up the values of their constituents.  My guess is that if he lived his whole life in CA, there's a chance he'd be a Republican.