KSB2424

Ahmaud Arbery

On 6/16/2021 at 7:41 AM, Big Guy said:

is that ebonics for Armed Robbery?

:first:

On 6/16/2021 at 7:41 AM, Big Guy said:

is that ebonics for Armed Robbery?

This really is the winning post of this whole long thread. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, peenie said:

It's not trespassing IF there are no signs that says it's trespassing or that it's private property. You all need to look it up!!!!

How do I know? Because when I was trying to buy a home we walked through many homes being built. It was not a crime. However, there were homes that had signs that said, "Private Property" to prevent home buyers from just walking in. 

Maybe you should have

Just now, peenie said:

If I chased you down with my gun would you simply submit to me or try to beat my ass and take my gun from me? Who am I that you should submit to my gun? What authority do I have over you? 
As far as AA was concerned they were simply men trying to kill him. 

If two armed men were chasing me with guns, the very last thing I would do is attack them. I’d submit to them yes. They were not trying to kill him, that’s the last thing they thought would happen that day. Their hand was forced when he attacked them.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

...knowingly and without authority.  Who gave him the authority to enter the property?

the last line in your post said for unlawful purpose..that is why I wrote what I did.

2 hours ago, peenie said:

It's not trespassing IF there are no signs that says it's trespassing or that it's private property. You all need to look it up!!!!

How do I know? Because when I was trying to buy a home we walked through many homes being built. It was not a crime. However, there were homes that had signs that said, "Private Property" to prevent home buyers from just walking in. 

Just no, peenie. Please stop

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The details aren't important.  Everyone involved in the incident was wrong and stupid.  Because they were all wrong and stupid, one person died and the other's will probably die in prison.  If any one person does something smart, the black kid is alive.  I don't know enough about gun laws in GA to know if anything would happen to the rednecks.

No this is focking retarded too. Some rednecks chased down and murdered a black guy. There’s no equating actions here

Just now, IGotWorms said:

No this is focking retarded too. A few guys murdered another one. There’s no equating actions here

Agree to disagree.  I see one guy running towards another guy, who happened to be holding a gun.  The smart thing... run in the other direction.  Not.  That.  Hard.

Actually, the smart thing would have to not put yourself in that situation... but that's another argument.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

the last line in your post said for unlawful purpose..that is why I wrote what I did.

I think the "unlawful purpose" would be up to a jury to decide, and of course how it is defined/interpreted.  I'm trying to remember the details:  had some construction sites already been robbed?  Or Arbery had a history of such behavior?  I remember thinking it was more than just a guy curious about home construction.

Not saying he deserved to be shot, but his behavior warranted suspicion of having had an unlawful purpose.

14 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I think the "unlawful purpose" would be up to a jury to decide, and of course how it is defined/interpreted.  I'm trying to remember the details:  had some construction sites already been robbed?  Or Arbery had a history of such behavior?  I remember thinking it was more than just a guy curious about home construction.

Not saying he deserved to be shot, but his behavior warranted suspicion of having had an unlawful purpose.

I think I remember reading that things were missing, but later found.  Some things misplaced.  But, there were some things that were never recovered.  Whether Arbery was involved in all of those or not, I don't know.  But that would have been up to the courts to determine.

Here's the thing, there really isn't anyone saying the kid should have been shot and deserved to die.  There's no one saying that the guys in the truck were right.  The things is, the media and Liberals wanted to present this as an example of a hate crime and basically said the only reason these guys shot him, was because he was black.  That wasn't the case.

These two (three), went after him because they thought he was the person that people were calling the cops about, for snooping around and trespassing on sites.  There were reports of things being missing.  These two saw him and thought he was the person who people were calling about and they followed him.  They pulled a gun, the kid went after him, and he ended up getting shot.  It had nothing to do with racism or a hate crime.  It's stupid people doing stupid things and something terrible happened.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, peenie said:

Look at all that sympathy you have for them. 

What sympathy? It's just the truth. 

25 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Agree to disagree.  I see one guy running towards another guy, who happened to be holding a gun.  The smart thing... run in the other direction.  Not.  That.  Hard.

When running away also make sure and zig zag so it's harder for them to shoot you.

6 minutes ago, peenie said:

But he was running away and had been running and tried to leave the development but they chased him with their cars and forced him back inside. 

I was making a joke.  People in movies never zig zag.  Let me dig up the GoT clip where Rickon Stark makes himself an easy target... 

Edit: here's a site with a bunch of memes about it

https://kaandillon.blogspot.com/2019/12/game-of-thrones-zig-zag-meme.html?m=1

This is an a mental health issue for Aubrey, guaranteed.  The system failed him, because of liberal ideology. The rednecks are just plain wrong. Running him off was fine. Everything after that wasn’t. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, peenie said:

But he was running away and had been running and tried to leave the development but they chased him with their cars and forced him back inside. 

He was tresspassing. He took the risk, and it didn't turn out well for him. Move on.

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

This is an a mental health issue for Aubrey, guaranteed.  The system failed him, because of liberal ideology. The rednecks are just plain wrong. Running him off was fine. Everything after that wasn’t. 

The thing is, if this was a drug deal gone wrong... crickets.  But, because they can find some contrived bull crap angle where the black kid is completely innocent.. "HATE CRIME".  No, this is a case of what happens when 3 (4), morons meet and one has a gun.

5 minutes ago, peenie said:

How dare you! I am a huge GoT fan, I even own a GoT t-shirt and the Battle of the Bastards is probably my all time favorite episode. No one needs your help remembering that scene, sir.

There's some good memes in that link. 

47 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Don't recall any missing items from the construction site, but remember these guys had a gun stolen from their car, I think 6 weeks earlier.  Don't believe AA had a history, people shared a video of him parked in a park, on the grass, while maybe smoking some grass.  Cops spoke to him, and he was a bit of a pain about it.  like why are you harrasing me.  

49 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I think I remember reading that things were missing, but later found.  Some things misplaced.  But, there were some things that were never recovered.  Whether Arbery was involved in all of those or not, I don't know.  But that would have been up to the courts to determine.

Here's the thing, there really isn't anyone saying the kid should have been shot and deserved to die.  There's no one saying that the guys in the truck were right.  The things is, the media and Liberals wanted to present this as an example of a hate crime and basically said the only reason these guys shot him, was because he was black.  That wasn't the case.

These two (three), went after him because they thought he was the person that people were calling the cops about, for snooping around and trespassing on sites.  There were reports of things being missing.  These two saw him and thought he was the person who people were calling about and they followed him.  They pulled a gun, the kid went after him, and he ended up getting shot.  It had nothing to do with racism or a hate crime.  It's stupid people doing stupid things and something terrible happened.

YOU are basically doing just this.

Let's see. Kid trespasses, gets confronted and runs away, attacks guy carrying a gun, and gets shot.

Why do people care about this?

Lesson learned. Don't trespass. How is this so focking difficult for people to understand?

Liberals are so dumb.

34 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

YOU are basically doing just this.

Well, if someone were rather incompetent, I could see how that person could come to that conclusion.

24 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Let's see. Kid trespasses, gets confronted and runs away, attacks guy carrying a gun, and gets shot.

Why do people care about this?

Lesson learned. Don't trespass. How is this so focking difficult for people to understand?

Liberals are so dumb.

Being murdered for trespassing OK with you?

1 hour ago, peenie said:

I don't recall that being true.  I'd have to go back and look.  The guy trailing was recording the whole thing.  If I remember correctly, they never left the road.  Arbery could've just ran through other people's property (not like he's never done that before), and avoided the road all together.  But, as I said, I'd have to go back and watch the video's again.

Just now, GutterBoy said:

If black, yes. That’s the truth of it with these guys

11 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

He was chased with an attempt to apprehend for trespassing. 

His attempt to attack is what got the slug put into his chest. 

3 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

If black, yes. That’s the truth of it with these guys

#1. If Arbery was white, no one ever hears about this story.

#2. If it were brought up, the truth of it with these guys, would have the EXACT SAME reaction.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

#1. If Arbery was white, no one ever hears about this story.

It most likely wouldn’t have happened and you sure wouldn’t be in here blaming the victim and downplaying the actions of murderers.

11 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

It most likely wouldn’t have happened and you sure wouldn’t be in here blaming the victim and downplaying the actions of murderers.

You do realize that the mass majority of people who are murdered, die at the hands of people of the same race... right?  So to say that it most likely wouldn't have happened, is pretty ignorant.

I'm not "blaming" the victim... I just have no sympathy (just like I wouldn't if he were white).  I'm not downplaying what the rednecks did... I said they'll probably die in prison.  You certainly won't hear me complain if that happens.

2 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

He was killed because he attacked a guy with a gun. 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, tanatastic said:

None of that is relevant. You still don’t attack men with guns. In the list of 100 options he had, he chose the only one that resulted in his death. Attack them is the only option that gets him killed. They were not planning to gun down a man in broad daylight, he left them no choice. If he takes that gun he kills both guys. They had the guns to control him and make him comply. Their reasoning on that is irrelevent.

Uhh...You don't know that. Mebbe they were :dunno:

12 hours ago, DonS said:

I was trying to reply to peenie's statement regarding prospective home buyers checking out a house during construction.  I would guess that activity would occur during the daytime. 

"investigating" a house in the middle of the night, to me at least, seems suspicious regardless of the race of people involved.

If he did this in broad daylight then peenie has a point.  My wife and I checked out a neighbor's house that was largely complete but still under construction.  We were having a similar floorplan built so we looked thru his back window to see some of the finishing touches he decided on. 

The various videos of the incident were clearly made during the daytime.

11 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

No this is focking retarded too. Some rednecks chased down and murdered a black guy. There’s no equating actions here

Does 'murder' still apply since Ahmaud grabbed the gun? It's been a while, but I really don't think they're being charged with that. 

I remember being curious about what the charges would wind up being because I couldn't put my finger on a good one. There were three, one was attempted kidnapping, pretty sure murder was not on the list.

On 4/29/2021 at 8:43 AM, Voltaire said:

I saw that. https://apnews.com/article/ahmaud-arbery-georgia-hate-crimes-crime-government-and-politics-ef101bfbf96f3ee921c29c6dcf89e7eb?utm_source=ground.news&utm_medium=referral

I'd long wondered what they'd be charged with. Like I've been saying all along, I think I saw a crime but I couldn't identify it 

Travis McMichael and his father, Gregory, were charged along with a third man, William “Roddie” Bryan, with one count of interference with civil rights and attempted kidnapping. The McMichaels are also charged with using, carrying and brandishing a firearm during a crime of violence.

Reposting what I'd posted earlier: the three charges are: Attempted kidnapping, using and brandishing a firearm, interference with civil rights.

No murder, which, presumably is because AA grabbed the rifle.

3 hours ago, SUXBNME said:

Uhh...You don't know that. Mebbe they were :dunno:

Nah, that makes no sense and there’s no way they would expect to get away with it. The guns were for control and intimidation, they were shocked that they had to use it against an unarmed man and only did when there was no choice. It would have been different if he had his hands up and they shot him execution style. This would be an open and shut murder case in that scenario. 

Career criminal and thug trespassing gets chased by guys trying to apprehend him or detain for authorities due to suspected robberies. Expectation is 2 guys with guns can subdue an unarmed man without violence, since people usually aren’t dumb enough to attack men with guns unless they have one themselves. They were wrong, he attacks them, forcing their hand in self defense and he is tragically killed as a result. Spin it however else you want, that’s what happened. Same result happens if he is white, brown, green or blue. Attack guys with guns and your chance of getting shot skyrockets.

• Thanks 4

6 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Reposting what I'd posted earlier: the three charges are: Attempted kidnapping, using and brandishing a firearm, interference with civil rights.

No murder, which, presumably is because AA grabbed the rifle.

Kidnapping is a stretch when it comes to capturing a criminal. And what's with the civil rights??

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Kidnapping is a stretch when it comes to capturing a criminal. And what's with the civil rights??

The entire thing is headed down the road to nowhere and is why you don't hear anymore in the news about it. These guys will walk, as they should, and AA will be remembered as the thief that got what he deserved. 

27 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

The entire thing is headed down the road to nowhere and is why you don't hear anymore in the news about it. These guys will walk, as they should, and AA will be remembered as the thief that got what he deserved. 

Other people's property.

OPP, you know me!! Shoot to.kill. 

• Sad 1