Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

NASA is working with Tom Cruise to shoot a film in outer space.

CNN:  Tom Cruise wants to fly into outer space in the name of filmmaking, and NASA says it's happening.

The head of NASA confirmed Tuesday that the space agency is working with actor Tom Cruise to make a movie on the International Space Station. A NASA spokesperson also confirmed to CNN Business that Cruise will launch into space and stay aboard the station, a multibillion-dollar laboratory that orbits about 250 miles above Earth.

NASA also issued a directive last year that laid out plans to allow non-government space travelers to pay the space agency for use of the International Space Station's facilities.

That document also laid out how much certain services could cost: Use of life-support equipment -- and the toilet -- were listed at $11,250 per day. Food, air, and other provisions were priced at $22,500 per day.

Geek club challenge of the day, come up with a movie title for this,  The OuterSpacesiders.  

Id say it would be funny if he did his own stunts like always and accidentally flew off into space...but I actually like his movies.

2 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Id say it would be funny if he did his own stunts like always and accidentally flew off into space...but I actually like his movies.

Me too:  The learning to fly a helicopter for the last Mission Impossible, doing those stunts.   :shocking:

5 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Geek club challenge of the day, come up with a movie title for this,  The OuterSpacesiders.  

Show me the Meteor 👽

Wasted Space

You can't handle the moon

1 hour ago, kutulu said:

Interview with the Martian 👽

41 minutes ago, kutulu said:

All the Right Stuff

Nice!  :doublethumbsup: