kilroy69

Who is your favorite NFL player ever and why?

25 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Fixed and agree

:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Reality said:

He's not pushing, he's not sniffing, he can barely see Rice from his view. Rice's numbers are that absurd. This is no dig at Fitz, just facts.

Rice and Fitz have comparable yardage numbers per year; Rice just played 5 years longer.  It's not like he is ahead in yards per year.  We'll see how long Fitz lasts, but I think he has too many interests outside of football to stick that out.

I don't know what to say to you, I called Rice the GOAT, you took your mouth off of his cack long enough to say how dare I imply somebody was near him, I pointed out how Fitz has mostly played with JV players while Rice had an all-pro cast for most of his career, you respond Jerry. Focking. Rice.  Brahhhhh....  BTW that all-pro cast kinda helps in the TD numbers.  Whatever, have a good day.  :cheers:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Rice and Fitz have comparable yardage numbers per year; Rice just played 5 years longer.  It's not like he is ahead in yards per year.  We'll see how long Fitz lasts, but I think he has too many interests outside of football to stick that out.

I don't know what to say to you, I called Rice the GOAT, you took your mouth off of his cack long enough to say how dare I imply somebody was near him, I pointed out how Fitz has mostly played with JV players while Rice had an all-pro cast for most of his career, you respond Jerry. Focking. Rice.  Brahhhhh....  BTW that all-pro cast kinda helps in the TD numbers.  Whatever, have a good day.  :cheers:

Lol, you took this thing personal didn't ya. 

🤣

Seriously though.. 88 more TD's.. 88.. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm just messing with you really but, you're agument about JV vs all pro cast is kind of silly. One guy is putting up numbers that can't be touched in a different era on championships teams while the other is racking up numbers in a passing era on terrible teams in garbage time. That's kind of an absurd angle to take but, you do you. Have a good day.

:cheers:

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Reality said:

Lol, you took this thing personal didn't ya. 

🤣

Seriously though.. 88 more TD's.. 88.. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm just messing with you really but, you're agument about JV vs all pro cast is kind of silly. One guy is putting up numbers that can't be touched in a different era on championships teams while the other is racking up numbers in a passing era on terrible teams in garbage time. That's kind of an absurd angle to take but, you do you. Have a good day.

:cheers:

Well, one of us did.  :lol:

Here is a list of QBs who have thrown the ball to Larry.  I'm sure Rice would have doubled his numbers with this elite crew.  :cheers:

https://deadspin.com/lets-remember-some-guys-who-threw-terrible-passes-at-la-1831995337

Fitzgerald’s first quarterback, in 2004, was Josh McCown. Miraculously, both players are still in the league, although one is a Hall of Famer and the other is Josh McCown. Five seasons later, Brian St. Pierre—who somehow threw for only 185 yards in a three-game career that spanned eight seasons—threw his first and only career touchdown pass, caught by Fitzgerald. In 2012, Patriots castoff Brian Hoyer took a break from holding a clipboard behind Tom Brady to head to Arizona. He threw two interceptions in almost two full games, then was released.

Here are some other guys who have had the privilege of throwing to Fitzgerald: Shaun King, John Navarre, Matt Leinart, Tim Rattay, Max Hall, John Skelton, Rich Bartel, Kevin Kolb, Ryan Lindley (oh god), Drew Stanton, Blaine Gabbert, Sam Bradford, and, most recently, Josh Rosen. There was also Derek Anderson, who was so bad that he was replaced by Hall, who was also bad.

In his 15 seasons, Fitzgerald has caught passes from 19 different QBs. There were maybe five of those seasons when the Cardinals didn’t have an abyss behind center. That he carved out a Hall of Fame career, and survived what was one of the worst NFL games ever played, is more than enough proof of his vast talent.

15 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Well, one of us did.  :lol:

Here is a list of QBs who have thrown the ball to Larry.  I'm sure Rice would have doubled his numbers with this elite crew.  :cheers:

https://deadspin.com/lets-remember-some-guys-who-threw-terrible-passes-at-la-1831995337

Fitzgerald’s first quarterback, in 2004, was Josh McCown. Miraculously, both players are still in the league, although one is a Hall of Famer and the other is Josh McCown. Five seasons later, Brian St. Pierre—who somehow threw for only 185 yards in a three-game career that spanned eight seasons—threw his first and only career touchdown pass, caught by Fitzgerald. In 2012, Patriots castoff Brian Hoyer took a break from holding a clipboard behind Tom Brady to head to Arizona. He threw two interceptions in almost two full games, then was released.

Here are some other guys who have had the privilege of throwing to Fitzgerald: Shaun King, John Navarre, Matt Leinart, Tim Rattay, Max Hall, John Skelton, Rich Bartel, Kevin Kolb, Ryan Lindley (oh god), Drew Stanton, Blaine Gabbert, Sam Bradford, and, most recently, Josh Rosen. There was also Derek Anderson, who was so bad that he was replaced by Hall, who was also bad.

In his 15 seasons, Fitzgerald has caught passes from 19 different QBs. There were maybe five of those seasons when the Cardinals didn’t have an abyss behind center. That he carved out a Hall of Fame career, and survived what was one of the worst NFL games ever played, is more than enough proof of his vast talent.

How the fock does that team sell you people tickets?  

12 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

How the fock does that team sell you people tickets?  

That's actually a great question.  They moved here in 1988; my wife and I moved here a year later (separately, out of college, we met here) but were both big sports fans and by the early 90s we became season ticket holders.  For our entire time with season tickets they played at ASU Sun Devil Stadium, which has gone through a lot of improvements but at the time was a sweltering hell hole.  It didn't help that the team sucked as well.

Fast forward to Christmas day, 1995.  Buddy Ryan was the coach ("we had a WINNER in town$#@!).  My wife and I were expecting our first child and in the process of a double move to a new house; we were in a temp apartment which smelled like cat piss because a cat had pissed in it, seemingly a lot.  We did not travel to visit family because of the pregnancy, but we had season tickets!  The game that day was against the Cowboys on Monday night.  You might recall that the Cowboys were a juggernaut in the 90s.  They also used to be the favorite team in Phoenix before the Cards, and continue to be popular with the Mexican crowd, so every game with them back then (same division at the time) was basically a drunken Mad Max Thunderdome adventure with countless fights.  So... night game, we were 4-11 about to get curb stomped by the Cowboys, and the wife and I earlier in the day took a walk around the apartment complex, probably to get the cat piss out of our nose.  One of us, I don't recall which, finally said... umm hey, maybe we should uh... not go to the game tonight?  The other instantly agreed.  We decided then that it didn't make a lot of sense to pay $1000s for tickets which caused us such pain, and we never got them again.

But... did I mention we love football?  In the mid 2000s they had a new stadium on the ballot, and it remains the only thing I've actively spent political time on.  I knew that if we didn't get that stadium, the Cards would leave and we'd never get another team.  We got the stadium and they've sold out every game since.  The revenue (and transition of ownership to Michael Bidwill, who moved into modern times with contract structures).  We've had some ups, mostly downs, and that crap list of QBs throwing to Fitz.  :cheers:

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Favorite I saw play didn't even play for the Packers, but tortured them, Walter Payton.   Perfect blend of speed, power and love of the game.   Run, pass, block, catch and jeez that stiff-arm, was never more jealous of another team for having such a great player.

:thumbsup: Sweetness was my man. Great moves, too. Maybe not Barry Sanders-like, but he could juke with the best of them. A unique runner,  and a complete football player. Nothing like him before or since.

Back around 1974-75 I was 7-8 years old. Living in Minnesota, I am a Viking's fan. My favorite player was Fran Tarkenton. I would watch all these guys trying to catch him and he was so elusive. One specific memory sticks out: Fran ran the ball and got hit into the sidelines. He got pissed at an opponent and threw the ball at him full force from approximately 8-10 feet. Nailed him hard. I don't remember if he squared him in the jewels, gut or chest, but he nailed him hard. It caused a big uproar and a memory. I can't find a video but I'm pretty sure I remember it being against the Patriots. 

6 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

:thumbsup: Sweetness was my man. Great moves, too. Maybe not Barry Sanders-like, but he could juke with the best of them. A unique runner,  and a complete football player. Nothing like him before or since.

Dude would just beat defenders to a pulp.

John Riggins partially because he's a fairly local guy but mostly because his nickname said it all,The Diesel.33 year old RB who carried the ball 136 times in four Playoff games to lead his team to a SB win.Much respect Riggo.BTW,his A Football Life episode is a must watch.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nzoner said:

John Riggins partially because he's a fairly local guy but mostly because his nickname said it all,The Diesel.33 year old RB who carried the ball 136 times in four Playoff games to lead his team to a SB win.Much respect Riggo.BTW,his A Football Life episode is a must watch.

I just watched this for the first time - outstanding- although Football Life is one best produced documentaries. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TommyGavin said:

I just watched this for the first time - outstanding- although Football Life is one best produced documentaries. 

The story about him passing out drunk at the Washington gala is :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nzoner said:

The story about him passing out drunk at the Washington gala is :lol:

Yeah that was good. Drank his dinner. Like me.