The Observer

When they develop a vaccine for Covid-19, will you get it

Take it, don't take it. Get sick, don't get sick.

I'd be much happier if we sent in a bunch of Navy Seal teams to take out all of China's higher archy, and everyone else responsible for unleashing/covering up this monstrosity they've bestowed up in us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

My company will be making a vaccine starting next month, 

Spoiler: They aren’t.

31 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" – Ronald Reagan

I work for the government and this is 100% true.

If the vaccine involves banning chinese folk  from entering our country, I will get it. 

25 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

We're gonna try, little man.

Doubtful this company will put resources into something that has never been done before (no coronavirus has a vaccine). Are they curing cancer next? Unless you work for Digby incorporated I just don’t see this.

3 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Doubtful this company will put resources into something that has never been done before (no coronavirus has a vaccine). Are they curing cancer next? Unless you work for Digby incorporated I just don’t see this.

We're already putting resources on it, along with many other companies.

There were companies working on SARS and MERS vaccines. Alot of that work stopped when those viruses became well contained. There may be companies still working on them, I don't know.

My company makes cancer drugs, too. They let people live longer, I guess.

As for Digby....if some company does come up with a vaccine for this, I'm sure he'll tell us it was all him.

I've been on record as saying that I believe vaccination is the single greatest invention in the history of humankind.  So philosophically yes, I would take it.  I get the flu shot maybe 1/2 of the time, primarily to help protect my younger daughter with diabetes.  But I'm learning a lot about antibodies and herd immunity from this experience, and I'm not sure that this virus warrants a vaccine for an otherwise healthy male.  Old, immune issues, respiratory problems... for sure should go for it.  :cheers:

8 hours ago, peenie said:

No, not at my age, but perhaps when I'm a little older. I also NEVER get a flu shot. My immune system is pretty healthy. If I catch a cold I simply get over it. I think I had a 48 hour flu around Christmas and then I was fine. I am not really interested in taking vaccines for something my body can fight at the moment. When I get 60 years old, perhaps I'll be singing a different tune.

Basically this is my thinking these days.  

9 hours ago, peenie said:

No, not at my age, but perhaps when I'm a little older. I also NEVER get a flu shot. My immune system is pretty healthy. If I catch a cold I simply get over it. I think I had a 48 hour flu around Christmas and then I was fine. I am not really interested in taking vaccines for something my body can fight at the moment. When I get 60 years old, perhaps I'll be singing a different tune.

I've never had a flu shot either.

I'm not wearing a mask!

I'm not social distancing!

I'm not taking a test!

I'm not getting a shot!

I'm not taking the chip!

I'm not getting on the train!

12 hours ago, peenie said:

Ummm.. uh.. aaahh.....I agree with Peenie :huh:

Is this a one time deal?  Or do you need to get this once a year?

8 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

There's no chance that I'm taking a Wuhanflu vaccine. Not gonna happen.

You will take a large black peanus in your mouf without any problem, but you have a problem with a vaccine? :lol: