Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Top 50 Rookies

I think Akers going as high as he is is interesting. Do people think Henderson is a complete bust? Or is it a gamble to get in on the possibility of landing the main guy in the Rams backfield. 

I agree about Henderson, I would look for him to be much more involved this season. 

Darn I forgot about Dillon and Moss.  

I should added them on my own rookie list lasting night.  

Thanks Doug , great list.  

Akers is in a good spot, but he's a great athlete and not a great running back.  

One thing when I watch Dobbins is that he doesn't really jump off the screen.  Sure he does a lot of things well, but I just don't see what I get from him that I can't get from a dozen other runningbacks.  

I'm taking Taylor in every league. Earlier than I have to. 

I don't trust Wisconsin RB's.  Even before the NFL Draft, I had Taylor on my DND list.  I'm thinking that the consensus is that he'll go in the first 5 rounds, as someone's RB2.  I would never take him that early.  I'd want him as my RB4... so I'm thinking somewhere between rounds 8 to 10.  Since he'll never get that far, is why I put him on my DND list.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I don't trust Wisconsin RB's.  Even before the NFL Draft, I had Taylor on my DND list.  I'm thinking that the consensus is that he'll go in the first 5 rounds, as someone's RB2.  I would never take him that early.  I'd want him as my RB4... so I'm thinking somewhere between rounds 8 to 10.  Since he'll never get that far, is why I put him on my DND list.

Yeah, because James White, Melvin Gordon and Cory Clement have all underachieved based on their draft position. Oh wait, I mixed it up, the exact opposite is what happened, my mistake...

16 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Yeah, because James White, Melvin Gordon and Cory Clement have all underachieved based on their draft position. Oh wait, I mixed it up, the exact opposite is what happened, my mistake...

James White is a mediocre runner and a great pass catcher, Taylor (in college), was the exact opposite.  Melvin Gordon is overrated.  I don't think he's all that good.  I think his situation made him better than what he was... that may happen for Taylor in Indy, but I won't bank on that.  Cory Clement?  I missed that... can you let me know when he was relevant?  I find it funny how you're trying to make my argument look bad when you literally only have 3 players to use, 1 is a nobody (Clement), and another is a player with a different skill set.  So, there you go... you have ONE RB that would question why I'd say that I don't trust Wisconsin RB's.  Good by you.

6 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

James White is a mediocre runner and a great pass catcher, Taylor (in college), was the exact opposite.  Melvin Gordon is overrated.  I don't think he's all that good.  I think his situation made him better than what he was... that may happen for Taylor in Indy, but I won't bank on that.  Cory Clement?  I missed that... can you let me know when he was relevant?  I find it funny how you're trying to make my argument look bad when you literally only have 3 players to use, 1 is a nobody (Clement), and another is a player with a different skill set.  So, there you go... you have ONE RB that would question why I'd say that I don't trust Wisconsin RB's.  Good by you.

James White was a 4th round pick, Clement was undrafted. Both players easily overachieved based on their draft position. Obviously you didn't watch the Eagles play in 2017-2018, or you would know that Clement even had fantasy relevant weeks. I can't blame you for that, but in the Superbowl victory he had 100 yards receiving and a TD. Regardless these 3 Running Backs all played at Wisconsin and all over achieved based on their draft position. You want to discount Wisconsin RB's because Ron Dayne and Monte Ball stunk a lifetime ago, that's on you. I remember when they used that silly argument about Penn State RB's.  In my league, you sir would be regarded as "the Fish" or "Donkey"...

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I don't trust Wisconsin RB's.

I agree to some extent--and it's not JUST Ron Dayne and Monte Ball; even Melvin Gordon had less than 850 yards and ZERO TDs as a rookie.  Taylor may eventually develop, but he's also competing with solid RBs in Mack and Hines for touches as a rookie.  I wouldn't want to have to draft Taylor as a projected starter for my fantasy team in his rookie season.  The way Rivers used Ekeler in California, Hines may axually be the Colt RB to own this season (at least in PPR).

12 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I agree to some extent--and it's not JUST Ron Dayne and Monte Ball; even Melvin Gordon had less than 850 yards and ZERO TDs as a rookie.  Taylor may eventually develop, but he's also competing with solid RBs in Mack and Hines for touches as a rookie.  I wouldn't want to have to draft Taylor as a projected starter for my fantasy team in his rookie season.  The way Rivers used Ekeler in California, Hines may axually be the Colt RB to own this season (at least in PPR).

Draft Taylor, don’t draft Taylor makes little difference to me. I just fail to see the evidence that a Wisconsin RB will be any les successful than any where else. Every school has their share of hits and misses. I am also a Michigan football fan, I can’t stand Wisconsin, but the evidence isn’t there....

In my 14 team non ppr I’m looking at him as a low rb2 or a high rb3.  

Mack isn’t going to sit and do nothing.  

And like It was posted, Hines could be used a lot this season, Rivers likes to pass to his Rbs.  

Thanks TB. 

17 hours ago, jrokh said:

James White was a 4th round pick, Clement was undrafted. Both players easily overachieved based on their draft position. Obviously you didn't watch the Eagles play in 2017-2018, or you would know that Clement even had fantasy relevant weeks. I can't blame you for that, but in the Superbowl victory he had 100 yards receiving and a TD. Regardless these 3 Running Backs all played at Wisconsin and all over achieved based on their draft position. You want to discount Wisconsin RB's because Ron Dayne and Monte Ball stunk a lifetime ago, that's on you. I remember when they used that silly argument about Penn State RB's.  In my league, you sir would be regarded as "the Fish" or "Donkey"...

LOL.  Corey Clement, Melvin Gordon, James White.   Tell me again, oh great one, how many of those 3 were drafted as RB2's (or better), in their rookie season and lived up to that expectation?  Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

LOL.  Corey Clement, Melvin Gordon, James White.   Tell me again, oh great one, how many of those 3 were drafted as RB2's (or better), in their rookie season and lived up to that expectation?  Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

Oh I see, you are moving the goal posts. Your original statement of ' I don't trust Wisconsin RB's' has now evolved to some form of 'Wisconsin RB's being drafted as RB2's or better in their rookie season'. Is this transformation your acknowledgement that the original statement was utter nonsense? If your not a fan of Taylor because of his tape, specific things you don't like about his game, please share. I can agree to disagree with anyone based on that standard, but I would respect that perspective if it was based on the merits. Did you watch Taylor play in college? How many games? Is your criticism that he lacked burst, didn't hit the right holes, showed poor vision, balance, or straight line speed? Just spare me the 'I don't trust players at X position from Y school. It is pure drivel. Would you draft Taylor higher if he played his college ball at Iowa? If so, Why? Should Clyde Edwards-Helaire be drafted earlier or later because of the success or failure of Leonard Fournette, even though their body types and football games are totally different, but the common denominator is they played college ball at LSU? The more I type in this response, the more convinced I am that you have watched little of Jonathan Taylor at Wisconsin actually play football. Class dismissed...

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

Oh I see, you are moving the goal posts. Your original statement of ' I don't trust Wisconsin RB's' has now evolved to some form of 'Wisconsin RB's being drafted as RB2's or better in their rookie season'. Is this transformation your acknowledgement that the original statement was utter nonsense? If your not a fan of Taylor because of his tape, specific things you don't like about his game, please share. I can agree to disagree with anyone based on that standard, but I would respect that perspective if it was based on the merits. Did you watch Taylor play in college? How many games? Is your criticism that he lacked burst, didn't hit the right holes, showed poor vision, balance, or straight line speed? Just spare me the 'I don't trust players at X position from Y school. It is pure drivel. Would you draft Taylor higher if he played his college ball at Iowa? If so, Why? Should Clyde Edwards-Helaire be drafted earlier or later because of the success or failure of Leonard Fournette, even though their body types and football games are totally different, but the common denominator is they played college ball at LSU? The more I type in this response, the more convinced I am that you have watched little of Jonathan Taylor at Wisconsin actually play football. Class dismissed...

LOL, ok, sounds good.  

23 hours ago, jrokh said:

I just fail to see the evidence that a Wisconsin RB will be any les successful than any where else. Every school has their share of hits and misses. I am also a Michigan football fan, I can’t stand Wisconsin, but the evidence isn’t there....

Just because you have failed to see the evidence (by your own admission) does not mean that the evidence is not there.  That's literally the definition of ignorance, which is typically not a strong position from which to argue.

Feel free, though...

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

Just because you have failed to see the evidence (by your own admission) does not mean that the evidence is not there.  That's literally the definition of ignorance, which is typically not a strong position from which to argue.

Feel free, though...

Thanks captain obvious. I will emulate your brilliance by pointing out that you didn't counter my claim by providing the evidence thus Proving me wrong. So since you felt the need to inject yourself back in to this 'discussion'. What is your evidence that a Wisconsin RB is more likely to be unsuccessful, than if that player had attended a different University or College? I can't wait to watch you spin yourself around like a top with this one. If it makes you feel better, I will give you an out by amending my original statement from 'I fail to see the evidence' to 'There is no evidence'. Is that better? No? I get you like to make wagers on this bored so earlier in this thread you said this "Hines may axually be the Colt RB to own this season (at least in PPR)". Spelling mistakes aside I'll take you up on that. You can have Hines, I'll take Taylor Full PPR, whoever has more points is the victor. You feel lucky, Punk?

7 hours ago, jrokh said:

I will emulate your brilliance...

Indeed, a lofty standard for which to strive.

7 hours ago, jrokh said:

...you didn't counter my claim by providing the evidence.

Well, that would be silly, when the evidence had already been presented in so many posts before.

7 hours ago, jrokh said:

You can have Hines, I'll take Taylor Full PPR, whoever has more points is the victor.

To equalize for injuries, whoever has more full PPR fantasy points per game played is the victor, and I'm in for $50.

12 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Well, that would be silly, when the evidence had already been presented in so many posts before.

Really? Like what? Saying evidence has been presented is not the same as actually presenting evidence. The only thing that has been said at all is that Melvin Gordon's rookie season was mediocre. That is the extent of the so called evidence you are now claiming has been 'presented in so many posts before. Is that really what you wish to hang your hat on? A sample size of one player, who has become a pro-bowler? Even if Melvin Gordon turned out to be a complete bust it wouldn't have anything to do with Jonathan Taylor, unless your argument is that any one player who busted means that any future rookies who played at the same College, will also bust, based on the coincidence of where they played their College ball. Is that really the argument you are making? Perhaps, the fault is mine for giving you any credit in the first place. Maybe you are just the charlatan you repeatedly present to be...

12 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Indeed, a lofty standard for which to strive.

To equalize for injuries, whoever has more full PPR fantasy points per game played is the victor, and I'm in for $50.

As for the bet, no offense, I'm sure you are on the level, but I don't bet money with strangers on the internet, unless they are a bookie. In the glory days of yore, in this forearm, there would be many a wager with stakes based on sig bets. Unfortunately, that would mean little today, so I propose the loser be exiled from this site, for the duration of 1 month, starting from the date of kickoff for the NFL season 2021. Personally, knowing I would be responsible for saving the site from the shenanigans of the Sword Gnome , selectively editing posts to pretend that he actually has a clue about Fantasy Football, for the most important month of the year, would be worth way more than 50$. Are those terms acceptable?

I myself have historically held a prejudice against big 10 RB's. But even I wouldn't make the mistake of passing up Taylor. He's the real deal fellas. 

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

Saying evidence has been presented is not the same as actually presenting evidence.

No kidding, but that little nugget of wisdom has nothing to do with the fact that the evidence has already been presented.  To summarize, the three most recent superstars to be drafted out of the Wisconsin backfield (Dayne, Ball and Gordon) were huge busts, at least in their first NFL seasons (although Gordon picked it up after that).  That is evidence.

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

Even if Melvin Gordon turned out to be a complete bust it wouldn't have anything to do with Jonathan Taylor

If you're willing to take one more step into the realm of rational thinking, it should also be noted that evidence is not proof.  If your purpose here is merely to argue pedantically that any given RB could perform differently than the other RBs from his school, then nobody is arguing with you.  If you're trying to argue that there is no evidence that Wisconsin RBs will bust in the NFL, then you're just wrong--the evidence has been presented many times, including a recap in the paragraph above for your convenience.

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

As for the bet, no offense, I'm sure you are on the level, but I don't bet money with strangers on the internet, unless they are a bookie...

...I propose the loser be exiled from this site, for the duration of 1 month, starting from the date of kickoff for the NFL season 2021.

No offense?  lol  YOU offered the bet.  Tailtucking after the fact doesn't offend me.   I thought the odds were probably on your side, but it's an interesting enough proposition that I was willing to drop a pittance on making it more interesting.  But for some rather insignificant consequence that takes place a year and a half from now?  Yawn.  Heck, I probly won't even be here in a year and a half anyway.  If I don't get permanently banned for something by then--or simply move on (I don't usually feature the same message board for more than a year or two at a time)--I'm an overweight diabetic with a heart condition who can barely stand up long enough to take a shower, and the veins in my legs appear to be shutting down now too.  I have serious concerns about even seeing the beginning of next year, let alone football season.

I thought you were offering a traditional bet, but if you don't want to follow through on that, no, I'm not interested in a bet for a one-month ban from a site I probably won't even be visiting in what to me is the unforeseeable future, all because you don't know the difference between evidence and proof.

2 hours ago, Kopy said:

I myself have historically held a prejudice against big 10 RB's. But even I wouldn't make the mistake of passing up Taylor. He's the real deal fellas. 

I don't discount that possibility, but I'm certainly willing to be wrong this year.  When it comes to Wisconsin RB's, I need them to prove their worth the pick before I take the plunge.  I don't remember a Wisconsin RB ever being worth their investment in year 1.

21 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

No kidding, but that little nugget of wisdom has nothing to do with the fact that the evidence has already been presented.  To summarize, the three most recent superstars to be drafted out of the Wisconsin backfield (Dayne, Ball and Gordon) were huge busts, at least in their first NFL seasons (although Gordon picked it up after that).  That is evidence.

If you're willing to take one more step into the realm of rational thinking, it should also be noted that evidence is not proof.  If your purpose here is merely to argue pedantically that any given RB could perform differently than the other RBs from his school, then nobody is arguing with you.  If you're trying to argue that there is no evidence that Wisconsin RBs will bust in the NFL, then you're just wrong--the evidence has been presented many times, including a recap in the paragraph above for your convenience.

No offense?  lol  YOU offered the bet.  Tailtucking after the fact doesn't offend me.   I thought the odds were probably on your side, but it's an interesting enough proposition that I was willing to drop a pittance on making it more interesting.  But for some rather insignificant consequence that takes place a year and a half from now?  Yawn.  Heck, I probly won't even be here in a year and a half anyway.  If I don't get permanently banned for something by then--or simply move on (I don't usually feature the same message board for more than a year or two at a time)--I'm an overweight diabetic with a heart condition who can barely stand up long enough to take a shower, and the veins in my legs appear to be shutting down now too.  I have serious concerns about even seeing the beginning of next year, let alone football season.

I thought you were offering a traditional bet, but if you don't want to follow through on that, no, I'm not interested in a bet for a one-month ban from a site I probably won't even be visiting in what to me is the unforeseeable future, all because you don't know the difference between evidence and proof.

We wouldn't know who won the bet Until December, maybe later anyway. It's may. Anyway, I missed the part where you describe yourself on the first read. If that's true than I'm sorry to hear that. No matter the disagreements I always considered the posters here as part of a community drawn here by our mutual love of Fantasy Football. I wish you nothing but good things in your real life. I withdraw all my snark. Take care of yourself...

4 hours ago, Kopy said:

Can I ask you a question about mr Taylor? 

In a 12 team non ppr based solely on ranking Rbs l where would you rank him? 

Lets say a rb2 or a rb3 ? 

Im in a 14 non ppr league, so right now I have him as a low rb2, Mack is still going  to be a issue this next season, and I do agree that Hines we’ll produce in a ppr league

Thanks for the reply 

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Sorry but you talking about your health might be the funniest thing Ive ever ever read on ff today. 

I pray tour health gets better and that you are indeed here on earth longer, but when people post about their own personal health, I laugh

Good day sir.  

11 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I pray tour health gets better and that you are indeed here on earth longer, but when people post about their own personal health, I laugh

Glad to amuse you, but I thought you were a Xian?  Why would you want me to have to wait longer before entering heaven?

I know, it's not socially acceptable to wish for people to die.  But it has always kind of confused my why Xians treat death as a bad thing, if the next life is so much better than this one.

I want you around here longer because your a sad and funny guy, great entertainment.  

That was the first post from you I found worthy of a return   

Hey good and luck. 

Thanks for the reply, always appreciate you, and your funny behavior. 

19 hours ago, weepaws said:

Can I ask you a question about mr Taylor? 

In a 12 team non ppr based solely on ranking Rbs l where would you rank him? 

Lets say a rb2 or a rb3 ? 

Im in a 14 non ppr league, so right now I have him as a low rb2, Mack is still going  to be a issue this next season, and I do agree that Hines we’ll produce in a ppr league

Thanks for the reply 

I come from the dynasty league perspective side of things. So a little different thinking on my part.

For your type of league, (I'm guessing redraft?) I think you're about right. He'll be someone's #2. You're right though. Could be a potential headache this year with Mack & Hines both there.

From the dynasty side of things. If he doesn't flat out take the job this year, he'll flash enough for the Colts to see that in 2021. He'll be the bellcow, and the man going foward. 

Yeah it’s different, mind is a redraft, I see where your coming from based on a dynasty league. 

Thanks for the reply 

I dont see any way I would take Juedy or Lamb ahead of Taylor. Taylor is in such a great spot, and he looks like Saquon Barkley. Why did Barkley have so much more hype than Taylor? Is it just the fumbles? That's about the most fixable thing in the nfl. Behind a stud offensive line, and inferior other running backs, the guy is on a great spot.

Lamb has Cooper ahead of him with another solid receiver in Gallup to compete with. Juedy has Sutton, Fant, Hamler, and his coach is more of a run first coach. 

Im not saying Lamb or Juedy are poor options, but a stud running back is more important in dynasty. 

I think Anthony Mcfarland may be underrated.  He's not the shiftiest guy, but if he gets into the open field he has some serious speed.  Problem is he seems to only have one speed.  And the landing spot is great.  Perpetually dinged up James Conner who really did most of his damage catching the ball, underwhelming Benny Snell, and gadget guy Jaylen Samuels.  The key here is that pretty much every runningback that gets a chance in Pittsburgh does well.

4 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I dont see any way I would take Juedy or Lamb ahead of Taylor. Taylor is in such a great spot, and he looks like Saquon Barkley. Why did Barkley have so much more hype than Taylor? Is it just the fumbles? That's about the most fixable thing in the nfl. Behind a stud offensive line, and inferior other running backs, the guy is on a great spot.

Lamb has Cooper ahead of him with another solid receiver in Gallup to compete with. Juedy has Sutton, Fant, Hamler, and his coach is more of a run first coach. 

Im not saying Lamb or Juedy are poor options, but a stud running back is more important in dynasty. 

We're talking dynasty right?  If so, I wouldn't be scared off by the situation in Dallas or Denver... based on their competition for targets.  I'd be more worried about their QB situation.  Cooper/Lamb have a chance to be as good as Evans/Godwin.  Galluo is a solid receiver, but he won't see a second contract in Dallas.  This year could be a tough year for ALL rookies, if they even play (fingers crossed), so I think it's a wash across the board.  Going into 2021, I think Gallop sees less snaps and targets and walks at seasons end.  In Denver, Sutton, Fant, and Hamler will NOT be a threat.  Juedy will easily show he's the top man on the totem poll.  I don't care if they run the ball 40 times a game and throw it 20 because Juedy will get 12+ of those targets.

Taylor doesn't look at all like Barkley, well, at least 32 GM's didn't think so... that's why every one of them passed on him with their first pick.  That aside, when you looked at Barkley, you saw him put up amazing numbers on a team with an over matched offensive line against powerful defenses.  With Taylor, you saw him put up great numbers with an elite offensive line.  Taylor is also no where near the pass catcher Barkley is/was.  I think he may be ok long term in Indy, but I see him being more like Jordan Howard (a 2-down back), than Barkley (a 3-down back).  Taylor hasn't shown that he's good at pass catching or blocking.  There's no way I'd take him over Juedy or Lamb.  Just as a side, Taylor also touched the ball 200 more times in college than Barkley did.  He had over 300 touches all 3 years.

but I see him being more like Jordan Howard (a 2-down back),

That's actually not a bad comparison, but on closer inspection: 1) They are about the same size but Howard ran a 4.59 40 at the combine. Taylor by comparison ran a 4.39 40. I hope I don't need to illustrate just how big a gap that is. Taylor's breakaway speed is faster than Nick Chubb, Christian McCaffery, and yes Saquon Barkley. Howard isn't the game breaker Taylor is, not even close. 2) Howard's rookie year he had over 1600 yards from scrimmage at 5.2 yards a carry. It doesn't sound like you think Taylor will be anywhere near that productive. 

With Taylor, you saw him put up great numbers with an elite offensive line

Don't get me wrong Wisconsin has a good offensive line most years, but its not elite. In this past draft 2020 they had a center drafted in rd 4 at pick 146. That's it. the year before, 2019 they had a guard drafted in the 3rd round pick 78, that's it. The year before 2018 they had no OL drafted. So the three years of Jonathan Taylor's dominance he had a 3rd round G and 4th rd center to pave the way, and no Tackles. By comparison Georgia had 2 Tackles drafted in the first round this year alone. again, I ask you how many games of Jonathan Taylor's have you actually even watched?

19 minutes ago, jrokh said:

That's actually not a bad comparison, but on closer inspection: 1) They are about the same size but Howard ran a 4.59 40 at the combine. Taylor by comparison ran a 4.39 40. I hope I don't need to illustrate just how big a gap that is. Taylor's breakaway speed is faster than Nick Chubb, Christian McCaffery, and yes Saquon Barkley. Howard isn't the game breaker Taylor is, not even close. 2) Howard's rookie year he had over 1600 yards from scrimmage at 5.2 yards a carry. It doesn't sound like you think Taylor will be anywhere near that productive. 

What players run at a combine are irrelevant to me.  Sure, it's something to look at, but it's not something that I put a lot of credence in.  A player's 40 time is only applicable AFTER he gets through the line.  If you can't get through the line, I don't care how fast your breakaway speed is.  No, I don't think Taylor will even sniff that.  I don't think any rookie this year will perform like rookies in years past.  I think the reduced off-season will affect them the most.  I also think that the Colts are just going to bench Mack and give him 5 touches a game.  I think Mack will see at least the same amount of touches per game that Taylor will... most likely more.  As an example, if the two combine for 400 touches, I think it'll be something like 250/150 in favor of Mack.  Howard had over 270 touches his rookie season.  I don't think the Colts signed Rivers and drafted Pittman (to team up with Hilton), to only throw the ball 30 times a game (about what they did last year with Brissett).  I think they throw the ball closer to 37+ (around 570), times this year.

19 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Don't get me wrong Wisconsin has a good offensive line most years, but its not elite. In this past draft 2020 they had a center drafted in rd 4 at pick 146. That's it. the year before, 2019 they had a guard drafted in the 3rd round pick 78, that's it. The year before 2018 they had no OL drafted. So the three years of Jonathan Taylor's dominance he had a 3rd round G and 4th rd center to pave the way, and no Tackles. By comparison Georgia had 2 Tackles drafted in the first round this year alone. again, I ask you how many games of Jonathan Taylor's have you actually even watched?

I say elite because they ranked very high in every run blocking metric that Football Outsiders use.  Whether they're the "expert" on the subject or not, it's the same one I look at for other teams.  Just because players perform at a certain level in college, it doesn't mean they'll perform in the NFL.  Sometimes, the scheme/system by the coach is just great for their situation.  I mean, they constantly have good RB totals year after year... playing in a conference that generally has good DLine play.

51 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

If you can't get through the line, I don't care how fast your breakaway speed

Once again, how many games did you actually watch Jonathan Taylor play? If you had you would have noticed that Taylor is exceptionally good at getting through the line. If your argument is the line at Wisconsin is very good, well what do you think the Colts line is? According to PFF the Colts had the # 3 Offensive line in the NFL...

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive-line-rankings-following-2019-regular-season

22 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Once again, how many games did you actually watch Jonathan Taylor play? If you had you would have noticed that Taylor is exceptionally good at getting through the line. If your argument is the line at Wisconsin is very good, well what do you think the Colts line is? According to PFF the Colts had the # 3 Offensive line in the NFL...

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive-line-rankings-following-2019-regular-season

I don't watch college football.  There's no need to watch it.  I used to watch it religiously while playing college fantasy leagues and found that there's no benefit.  Just taking the pundits' words for it, is more than good enough.  According to Football Outsiders, Indy ranked 12th in run blocking. Who's the real authority?  Even if they are #3, Mack put up great numbers numbers 2 years in a row, based on his touches.  Why would that all of a sudden stop?  This year it won't.  He'll easily get the lions share of the touches.  Going forward, I still don't believe in him long term because as I've said, virtually everyone talking about Taylor says that he's not that good of a pass catcher or pass blocker.  He'll have to improve on that.  I don't give anyone the benefit of the doubt that they will improve on something that they didn't improve on in the prior 3 years.  Now, maybe that's coaching... or maybe it's because they knew who he was.  Look, you can believe in him all you want, I'm not.  There's not really an argument that can change my mind because my mind was made up by history and football "experts" (whether they are or not).  Some random guy on a fantasy football board doesn't rate higher.