JustinCharge

Bet big on the Browns for Super Bowl 55

If the browns are lucky they'll let to watch the Superbowl on a 55in tv

23 hours ago, riversco said:

If you're gonna start nitpicking, remember I said before the 2019-2020 playoffs that
1.  The Ravens were a fraud and avoid betting them.
2.  The Titans were the best value play on the board.
3.  The Chiefs were the favorites in the AFC.

The worst way to gamble is to start getting gossipy, only looking for things they get wrong and ignoring the successes.

Also, I'm not guaranteeing a Browns super bowl win.  I'm saying that, given the odds entering the 2020-2021 season, I'd bet big on the Browns winning the super bowl because they are tremendous value.

You sh1t on the chiefs all year long.  Quit cherry picking what you want to make out look good.

The worst way to gamble is to start getting gossipy, only looking for things they get wrong and ignoring the successes.

Also, I'm not guaranteeing a Browns super bowl win.  I'm saying that, given the odds entering the 2020-2021 season, I'd bet big on the Browns winning the super bowl because they are tremendous value.

When I read this I go back two years ago traveling to Vegas for the opening round of the NCAA Tourney and trying to convince my friends we needed to throw a few bucks at this little team called the Loyola Ramblers to at least make the Final Four.I had watched all their conference tourney games and just felt like there was something special there.Of course we get there and the odds for them are astronomical and my friends and I get to partying and I blow off making any kind of bet on them as well. :wall:

I'm saying that, given the odds entering the 2020-2021 season, I'd bet big on the Browns winning the super bowl because they are tremendous value.

So how much did you bet?

On 5/8/2020 at 7:21 PM, riversco said:

It comes down to betting.  The Browns in 2020 are a GREAT bet.  If you remove the name Cleveland Browns, and just look at the talent from a year ago, and then look at what they added in the offseason, this is a powerhouse.  It is what it is.  And the odds are 33/1?  Throw a load of money at this.

If Baker Mayfield goes out there in week 1 and throws 3-4 TDs in a blowout win, the odds are going WAYYYY down.  You aren't getting them at 33/1 at that point.  That's how betting works, identify a great team getting no respect and jump on it.

A great team? 

Please stop.  I buy it a little but dont go overboard.

I understand you are betting value.

What is the trend of 1st year head coaches winning the SB or even doing real well? Fairly sure they have never won it.  I know people were slobbin Lafleur for winning 13 as a 1st year HC.

If you want to big big man gambler then lets talk about trends.

5 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

I understand you are betting value.

What is the trend of 1st year head coaches winning the SB or even doing real well? Fairly sure they have never won it.  I know people were slobbin Lafleur for winning 13 as a 1st year HC.

If you want to big big man gambler then lets talk about trends.

Its not often that a first year head coach inherits a team that is absolutely stacked.  Something extraordinary has to happen.  Like the ridiculous rift between Jimmy and Jerruh.  Or Bill Walsh retiring out of nowhere.  Seifert won the super bowl.  Switzer lost the NFC title game but won the super bowl in year 2.

Remember, last year's Browns team was EASILY the most talented squad the Browns have assembled in maybe 50 years.  And they LOADED UP in the offseason with a stud TE and two bookend offensive tackles that were highly praised.  Plus they got insurance for Baker in Case Keenum.  And they fixed the head coach problem.  This years team is much better.

4 hours ago, riversco said:

Opinions starting to turn in favor of the Browns again:

https://sports.yahoo.com/are-you-buying-into-a-fantasy-bounceback-for-odell-beckham-jr-and-the-browns-in-2020-195632703.html

I say if you want to lock in great odds, do it now before another hype train starts rolling and pushes their odds up.

Like a previous poster asked....how much did you put on them?

who's the Coach? 

plus we're talking Cleveland here.......but hey, why not lay down a few bucks?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/9459655/cleveland-browns-fan-takes-last-shot-team-obituary

A lifelong Cleveland Browns fan has gone to his final rest, but not before making one last request from the team.

Scott E. Entsminger, 55, of Mansfield, Ohio, died on July 4. Entsminger, a Columbus native, was a musician and a Browns season-ticket holder who wrote a song for the team each year and sent it in, along with his advice on how to run the team.

According to his obituary in the Columbus Dispatch, Entsminger also "respectfully requests six Cleveland Browns pall bearers so the Browns can let him down one last time."

The family also has requested that "everyone" wear their Browns clothing to Entsminger's funeral Tuesday.