Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Just got laid off

2 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

I'd love to be laid off for 2 months during the summer with these ridiculous unemployment benefits. Have fun !!!!!

I’m happy to still have a good paying job that I have to go to every day. I just would rather work then be unemployed even with these unemployment benefits. 

2 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

I'd love to be laid off for 2 months during the summer with these ridiculous unemployment benefits. Have fun !!!!!

I was laid off August, Sept, Oct and Nov of 2018. I collected the MAX and bartended 4 shifts UTT.  💰💰💰💰

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

hahaha Dude I have shut it down. The type of women I bang have covid 19 FOR SURE

Covid 19?

Is that that really the disease that the type of women you bang have?

;)

7 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Covid 19?

;)

And then some

7 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Covid 19?

;)

That's the one I am most sure. Though they probably all have something

That was pretty damn quick.I was approved in about 14 hours. 

17 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

Ya know whats funny is that my brother and I were talking about what our dream job would be and I told him that it would be to bass and pike fish all day but that is not realistic.....anddddddddddd bam. Paid to fish for the best part of the year.  I will have about 9k in cash in the bank and unemployment. I should be ok till I either go back or figure something else out. 

Create good fishing content online, find some sponsors and you can get paid to fish.  It would most likely take the joy out of it though.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Create good fishing content online, find some sponsors and you can get paid to fish.  It would most likely take the joy out of it though.

These are my only hobbies in life. 

My son

Fishing

Banging random wh0res. 

If I could make money off one of those I would be very happy. 

On 5/8/2020 at 1:27 PM, kilroy69 said:

My boss is an incredibly nice person though and I could tell he really had a hard time with it. He seems to think it's gonna be very short term. In the month or 2 range.

I have a 10 day stretch coming up where my boy will be with his mom. I will be unemployed and it SHOULD be sunny out. 

It's almost like the gods are telling me to fish.

I will qualify for that 960 a week and he said he is not letting me go. Just laying me off for 2 months. 

This too shall pass

I have had probably 200 interviews in the last 10 months. Applied to probably 1000 jobs. Talked to sooooo many bullshitters. So many people who would do a great interview only to ghost me. Not call back. Give me an autorejection email. So many people were just liars. I got an offer today after an interview yesterday and start in a few weeks. More money than I have ever made with the real chance to make a lot lot more. (fryolators operators are in high demand. And to think you went to college) I plan on buying a house by this time next year.  I know. Rats ass. But man it has been a fuckingg struggle. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

I have had probably 200 interviews in the last 10 months. Applied to probably 1000 jobs. Talked to sooooo many bullshitters. So many people who would do a great interview only to ghost me. Not call back. Give me an autorejection email. So many people were just liars. I got an offer today after an interview yesterday and start in a few weeks. More money than I have ever made with the real chance to make a lot lot more. (fryolators operators are in high demand. And to think you went to college) I plan on buying a house by this time next year.  I know. Rats ass. But man it has been a fuckingg struggle. 

Sorry to hear all that.  I hope it picks up soon.   Wish I had advice that would help.

Congrats on the new gig.

Job searching can be frustrating. When I was searching s few years ago I was amazed at the number of companies who never followed up after the interview. I foolishly expected a follow up phone call, but was really surprised so many didn’t even follow up with a routine “thanks but no thanks” email. 

On 5/9/2020 at 9:05 AM, kilroy69 said:

These are my only hobbies in life. 

My son

Fishing

Banging random wh0res. 

If I could make money off one of those I would be very happy. 

How about using your son as a sort of "bait" to attract random hoars?  🤔

21 minutes ago, Old School said:

Congrats on the new gig.

Job searching can be frustrating. When I was searching s few years ago I was amazed at the number of companies who never followed up after the interview. I foolishly expected a follow up phone call, but was really surprised so many didn’t even follow up with a routine “thanks but no thanks” email. 

That is my biggest complaint. The radio silence. If I'm not the right person tell me.  I'm a big boy.  I can take it. 

15 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

This post did not end like it started, congrats!  :lol:  Seriously, way to persevere and end up better in the end.  :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

I don't bother following up with people I interview.  90% of them are lying pieces of shìt anyway.