Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Corona Deaths in the USA since Feb 2, 2020

https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisional-COVID-19-Death-Counts-by-Sex-Age-and-S/9bhg-hcku/data

Data as of     Age group     COVID-19 Deaths     Total Deaths     Pneumonia Deaths     Influenza Deaths 
5/6/2020    Under 1 year                        4                           3,951                     36                            11
5/6/2020    1-4 years                                2                         780                        33                            33
5/6/2020    5-14 years                            4                           1,146                    38                           41
5/6/2020    15-24 years                          48                        6,843                    143                         41
5/6/2020    25-34 years                          317                      14,629                 496                        133
5/6/2020    35-44 years                           796                      21,021               1,109                      210
5/6/2020    45-54 years                           2,262                   40,725               2,951                       522
5/6/2020    55-64 years                         5,422                     97,716                8,521                    1,108
5/6/2020    65-74 years                         9,359                    151,727              14,646                  1,305
5/6/2020    75-84 years                        12,026                   190,511              19,415                 1,328
5/6/2020    85 years and over             13,776                    242,588             22,863                   1,239
5/6/2020    All Ages                              44,016                    771,637             70,251                    5,971

What an absolute EMBARRASSMENT that we all fell for this ruse, this sham. WOW

Hook, Line and sinker

🎣

We've had more than 44k Covid-19 deaths as of 5/6. 

18 minutes ago, edjr said:

https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisional-COVID-19-Death-Counts-by-Sex-Age-and-S/9bhg-hcku/data

Hook, Line and sinker

🎣

The spread of the virus had to be slowed so we didn’t over run our health care system and so we could find out more about the virus. That time has passed and it is time to open the country up. We should expect more deaths, at least double what we have now.

45,000 cases in Michigan............25% of the workforce unemployed.

Wow...I'm gonna say that's not worth it

17 minutes ago, The Observer said:

We have over 76,000 deaths. So your little table is short by almost 50%.  Other that, it's spot on.

Oops.  Let me correct that.  We're over 78,000.  Be over 80,000 tomorrow.  Another milestone. 

37 minutes ago, edjr said:

Hook, Line and sinker

🎣

That's the provisional death count, it only uses death certificates, those can take weeks to get to the CDC and it lags a couple of weeks behind.   The 75K+ is gathered from other reporting numbers that the CDC receives from states(confirmed and probable). 

• Like 2

So whether you use the 44k in OP or 77k it is still fewer deaths than from pneumonia.

And 1/3 the deaths from cancer.

And 1/3 the deaths from heart disease.

Amazing how easy it is to manipulate and control people in this era of social media and cable news.

15 minutes ago, Intense Observer said:

So whether you use the 44k in OP or 77k it is still fewer deaths than from pneumonia.

And 1/3 the deaths from cancer.

And 1/3 the deaths from heart disease.

Amazing how easy it is to manipulate and control people in this era of social media and cable news.

Dude, I know you're having fun throwing numbers around that you think people will never check, but we lost more people just in April to covid-19 than we losing an entire year from pneumonia.

and when was the last time hospitals had to park refrigerated trucks outside for the dead bodies from pneumonia? Turn off Fox News.

CEE DEE CEE! Read it and weep

nailed it

7 minutes ago, edjr said:

nailed it

Knew what? You knew it would kill 100,000 people by Memorial Day?  That's pretty good. Trump told us between 50,000-60,000 total.

2.2 million the scientists said. 100k was impossible according to the experts. Factor in the nursing home debacle and counting everything as a covid death and there’s just no doubt what a great job the administration has done. The governors really dropped the ball. 

18 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

2.2 million the scientists said. 100k was impossible according to the experts. Factor in the nursing home debacle and counting everything as a covid death and there’s just no doubt what a great job the administration has done. The governors really dropped the ball. 

What happened to 50k-60k?

1 minute ago, The Observer said:

What happened to 50k-60k?

I guess he wasn’t counting on the idiocy of some of the governors. He should have, his mistake. Who would ever think anyone would put, never mind order, that covid patients be put in nursing homes? You can’t predict that kind of stupid. You can now though.  

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I guess he wasn’t counting on the idiocy of some of the governors. He should have, his mistake. Who would ever think anyone would put, never mind order, that covid patients be put in nursing homes? You can’t predict that kind of stupid. You can now though.  

If Trump hadn't wasted 2 months lying to the public and telling them it was a hoax, we could have very well been around 10k-20k.  Reports say just by acting one week earlier could have saved 36,000 lives. They are gone forever.  Such a shame what this president did. :(. 

5 minutes ago, The Observer said:

If Trump hadn't wasted 2 months lying to the public and telling them it was a hoax, we could have very well been around 10k-20k.  Reports say just by acting one week earlier could have saved 36,000 lives. They are gone forever.  Such a shame what this president did. :(. 

Why don’t you try explaining that instead of just repeating conclusions someone else reached  for you? When did he say the virus was a hoax? What week? Acting how? Let’s hear it skip. 

1 hour ago, edjr said:

nailed it

What did you nail? We will go over 100k this week before the end of May. Still have the summer and a busy flu season before we get to 12 months of COVID-19 in the US. What is a good number through December?

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

What did you nail? We will go over 100k this week before the end of May. Still have the summer and a busy flu season before we get to 12 months of COVID-19 in the US. What is a good number through December?

The numbers are bullshit. You know this. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

The numbers are bullshit. You know this. 

Not as bullsht as you think. I think the numbers could be higher too. I think most of the estimates are flawed, but it is not like the 100k is really 50k.

Sweden’s estimates were way off too and their death rate is higher than they thought. 

2 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

It’s all relative, but lets take a step back....In the beginning we thought this was going to be a disaster. 5% mortality rate.  We actually shut down the country.  I repeat, we SHUT DOWN the country.

In the end it is not as bad of a virus as we thought, thank goodness.   In retrospect, knowing what we all know now, I think we’d take a different, more nuanced approach.

Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Not as bullsht as you think. I think the numbers could be higher too. I think most of the estimates are flawed, but it is not like the 100k is really 50k.

Sweden’s estimates were way off too and their death rate is higher than they thought. 

Cuomo just had to change the policy of reporting possible chinavirus deaths as confirmed. Why? 

Trump should ‘t have spent weeks calling COVID-19 a hoax and comparing it to seasonal flu. He should have offered strong federal guidance to states earlier on. He also should have used his coronavirus briefings to deliver actual news instead of using it to grind axes and float dingbat conspiracies. 

I don’t think people would blame him for legitimate mistakes. His approval rating took a hit because he acts like a little girl.

Just now, KSB2424 said:

It’s all relative, but we take a step back....In the beginning we thought this was going to be a disaster. 5% mortality rate.  We actually shut down the country.  I repeat we SHUT DOWN the country.

In the end it is not as bad of a virus as we thought, thank goodness.   In retrospect, knowing what we all know now, I think we’d take a different approach.

How do we get the science denying "wear the mask" misinformed public on board?

In a state of 29 million, Texas has 1500 Corona deaths to date.

We've no more an epidemic here than we have kangaroo over population. 

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

It’s all relative, but lets a step back....In the beginning we thought this was going to be a disaster. 5% mortality rate.  We actually shut down the country.  I repeat, we SHUT DOWN the country.

In the end it is not as bad of a virus as we thought, thank goodness.   In retrospect, knowing what we all know now, I think we’d take a different, more nuanced approach.

My country didn’t shut down and it seemed to be very similar to what happened in China. Close shops and non-essential business, greatly limit travel, grocers, pharmacies and banks open for 2 months. Then ease back into opening.

The guidance has changed and will change based on what we learn. We can blame China for lots of lies and it hurt us.

However, the people that thought this would be a couple of weeks were either naive or lying to themselves. That was not realistic.

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

My country didn’t shut down and it seemed to be very similar to what happened in China. Close shops and non-essential business, greatly limit travel, grocers, pharmacies and banks open for 2 months. Then ease back into opening.

The guidance has changed and will change based on what we learn. We can blame China for lots of lies and it hurt us.

However, the people that thought this would be a couple of weeks were either naive or lying to themselves. That was not realistic.

It would have been if we would have kept on as normal.

That being said. We didn't know what we didn't know. I agreed with the shut down at the time. I was wrong, and that's okay. We all took extra percussions. The problem is we have a lot of people who are stuck in the fear mindset of February. I'm trying to get people around me to move past that.

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Cuomo just had to change the policy of reporting possible chinavirus deaths as confirmed. Why? 

The testing reports are a sh*tshow.  The focking CDC is mixing the numbers of positive tests for Covid with the numbers for antibody testing.  Several states are doing similar:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/22/us/politics/coronavirus-tests-cdc.html

You literally can't trust any of the numbers being reported.  But even the worst case scenarios are better by a number of orders of magnitude than what was predicted early on.

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

It would have been if we would have kept on as normal.

That being said. We didn't know what we didn't know. I agreed with the shut down at the time. I was wrong, and that's okay. We all took extra percussions. The problem is we have a lot of people who are stuck in the fear mindset of February. I'm trying to get people around me to move past that.

There is definitely still a ton of fear and it is probably unwarranted (certainly to the degree it has gone). The problem is that we still don’t know a lot:

- how many have had it

- can you get again

- true mortality rate (and we should include survival rate with after effects)

People are fearful of the unknown. They also lose trust when people say one thing and something different happens. That is why we have these two, polar opposite views by different groups.

3 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I think almost everyone understood the shutdown when it happened.  We were trying to "flatten the curve."   Which we did, like a month to six weeks ago.  And then our overlords moved the goalposts.  Even as more and more evidence kept coming out that this thing isn't nearly the monster they would have us believe. 

Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

There is definitely still a ton of fear and it is probably unwarranted (certainly to the degree it has gone). The problem is that we still don’t know a lot:

- how many have had it

- can you get again

- true mortality rate (and we should include survival rate with after effects)

People are fearful of the unknown. They also lose trust when people say one thing and something different happens. That is why we have these two, polar opposite views by different groups.

Oh, stop it.  Several states have been opening for a number of weeks now.  They aren't seeing number spikes.  We have enough data to be opening things back up.  Thank god several counties in CO have started doing so.  Not mine but the one adjacent to me and I'm on the border of it.  Looking forward to going out for a meal this week.  And won't be worried about getting the China Lung Aids when I do.

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

Oh, stop it.  Several states have been opening for a number of weeks now.  They aren't seeing number spikes.  We have enough data to be opening things back up.  Thank god several counties in CO have started doing so.  Not mine but the one adjacent to me and I'm on the border of it.  Looking forward to going out for a meal this week.  And won't be worried about getting the China Lung Aids when I do.

Stop what? States are opening up. The numbers may not be in yet and, my point is, it only matters if enough people have their fears addressed. Yours might be, but you aren’t “everyone”

6 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Stop what? States are opening up. The numbers may not be in yet and, my point is, it only matters if enough people have their fears addressed. Yours might be, but you aren’t “everyone”

You know how you allay people's fears?  You quit fear mongering and help them get informed about the facts, such as that people under 40 (really 50 but I'm being conservative)  who are healthy have almost ZERO chance of getting anything but mild symptoms from this virus, that it primarily targets the old and those with certain conditions, and by opening things up responsibly to show them that the world isn't going to come crashing down if people go outside their homes. 

17 minutes ago, Strike said:

You know how you allay people's fears?  You quit fear mongering and help them get informed about the facts, such as that people under 40 (really 50 but I'm being conservative)  who are healthy have almost ZERO chance of getting anything but mild symptoms from this virus, that it primarily targets the old and those with certain conditions, and by opening things up responsibly to show them that the world isn't going to come crashing down if people go outside their homes. 

Isn’t that what’s happening right now? 

43 minutes ago, Strike said:

The testing reports are a sh*tshow.  The focking CDC is mixing the numbers of positive tests for Covid with the numbers for antibody testing.  Several states are doing similar:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/22/us/politics/coronavirus-tests-cdc.html

You literally can't trust any of the numbers being reported.  But even the worst case scenarios are better by a number of orders of magnitude than what was predicted early on.

I don't trust ANY number.  Hospitals are getting money for COVID deaths.  That's all I need to know to totally invalidate any death toll number.  Once you tell someone that you're going to give them money for something, they're going to inflate that something to benefit themselves.

7 minutes ago, MDC said:

Isn’t that what’s happening right now? 

Reopening is, to a limited extent.  If you ask the average person I doubt they realize that 90+ percent of deaths from this thing are old people or people with compromised immune systems.  Did you see the Ozark pool party story yesterday?  Hold crap did people lose their minds.  All because a bunch of young, healthy people went OUTSIDE where the virus isn't very communicable, to party in a pool.  Just on this bored, PFB was disturbed that they did that.  But the science says there was literally about 0% risk in what those people were doing.

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

Reopening is, to a limited extent.  If you ask the average person I doubt they realize that 90+ percent of deaths from this thing are old people or people with compromised immune systems.  Did you see the Ozark pool party story yesterday?  Hold crap did people lose their minds.  All because a bunch of young, healthy people went OUTSIDE where the virus isn't very communicable, to party in a pool.  Just on this bored, PFB was disturbed that they did that.  But the science says there was literally about 0% risk in what those people were doing.

So what? States are cautiously reopening. That’s what you wanted, right? Now that’s not good enough. 

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Trump should ‘t have spent weeks calling COVID-19 a hoax and comparing it to seasonal flu. He should have offered strong federal guidance to states earlier on. He also should have used his coronavirus briefings to deliver actual news instead of using it to grind axes and float dingbat conspiracies. 

I don’t think people would blame him for legitimate mistakes. His approval rating took a hit because he acts like a little girl.

This.  Nothing the Trump losers can ever do or say that will erase history. It's all very well-documented.  As is the death toll.  Unlike William Barr and Mitch McConnell, there's nobody on drums sign that can cover up a virus. This virus doesn't care if you're Republican or Democrats.  Trump finally found an opponent that he couldn't bully.