Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Who is the Swiss Army Knife this year?

What player will be labeled as a WR and start at TE or as a WR that will start at RB or RB that will start at WR?  Got any?

Other than the occasional RB lined up in the slot or a WR taking a handoff in the backfield--or maybe a RB who gets a significant number of points from receptions, like Chris Thompson--no, none that will have a consistent dual role and be fantasy relevant (a la Tavon Austin circa 2015).

With the Broncos adding M Gordon, I’m think Lindsay could be a guy they might lineup in the wr slot position. 

And interested to see how the Browns use Njoku this season.  

Maybe even J Mckissic of the Redskins.  

Great question, thanks op. 

14 minutes ago, weepaws said:

With the Broncos adding M Gordon, I’m think Lindsay could be a guy they might lineup in the wr slot position.

Yeah, Lindsay is probly a better slot receiver than KJ Hamler.  Not.

15 minutes ago, weepaws said:

And interested to see how the Browns use Njoku this season.

Let me spoil the suspense...  as a TE.

16 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Maybe even J Mckissic of the Redskins.

McKissic is another Thompson, and any fantasy relevance he has will be because of his receptions in PPR leagues--but he's still just a RB.

Opportunities to correct you are always appreciated; thanks!

13 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Yeah, Lindsay is probly a better slot receiver than KJ Hamler.  Not.

Let me spoil the suspense...  as a TE.

McKissic is another Thompson, and any fantasy relevance he has will be because of his receptions in PPR leagues--but he's still just a RB.

Opportunities to correct you are always appreciated; thanks!

Thank you, always appreciate you. 

Antonio Gibson, rookie RB for the redskins, he will probably line up all over the field, big play waiting to happen

Anybody get a chance to see Lynn Bowden Jr play in college. He could play RB/WR/WildCat

It would have to be a pretty deep league that is full PPRL too, to make him draftable.

I am in a 14 teamer 1QB ---1 RB--2WR--1 TE- 4 flex (RB,WR,TE), si will target him, a little later. 

Also might be too many mouths to feed.:

Ty Williams

Jacobs

Waller

Ruggs

Should hog most of the offense.

I am not sure who the Raiders are trying to be on offense. But they got faster this off-season. If they had a better QB I would be more excited, but I am satisfied with MM being the back-up.

Any Thoughts?

On 5/21/2020 at 10:18 AM, lowman said:

Anybody get a chance to see Lynn Bowden Jr play in college. He could play RB/WR/WildCat

It would have to be a pretty deep league that is full PPRL too, to make him draftable.

I am in a 14 teamer 1QB ---1 RB--2WR--1 TE- 4 flex (RB,WR,TE), si will target him, a little later. 

Also might be too many mouths to feed.:

Ty Williams

Jacobs

Waller

Ruggs

Should hog most of the offense.

I am not sure who the Raiders are trying to be on offense. But they got faster this off-season. If they had a better QB I would be more excited, but I am satisfied with MM being the back-up.

Any Thoughts?

I was targeting Bowden, but got to cute, and another owner took him in the 3rd round of a 12 team dynasty rookie draft, was hoping he was ignored and could draft him in the 4th.

Listed as a RB in MFL.

Converted to QB last season at Kentucky due to injury to the starting QB, and put up some crazy number I believe nearly 1400 rushing from the QB position.

Interesting prospect for sure, has some Lamar Jackson traits and worth a roster spot if he slips to you, but he didn't slip in my 10 year dynasty.

15 hours ago, typhus said:

I was targeting Bowden, but got to cute, and another owner took him in the 3rd round of a 12 team dynasty rookie draft, was hoping he was ignored and could draft him in the 4th.

Listed as a RB in MFL.

Converted to QB last season at Kentucky due to injury to the starting QB, and put up some crazy number I believe nearly 1400 rushing from the QB position.

Interesting prospect for sure, has some Lamar Jackson traits and worth a roster spot if he slips to you, but he didn't slip in my 10 year dynasty.

He has some pretty weak passing skills, but definitely interesting. Those types of guys seem to never get a consistent role. Jaylen smauels and codarelle Patterson come to mind

14 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

kareem hunt

Definitely

Maybe this guy...?  He's probably not fantasy-relevant... but he looks like he fits the topic.  He averaged 7.0 yards per carry on 569 rushing attempts and 21.4 yards per catch on 22 receptions as a QB at Navy.

Source: The Miami Herald - Barry Jackson

Miami Dolphins WR Malcolm Perry is listed as a running back on the team's official roster, but he is also expected to be used as a slot receiver and possible returner.

• Like 1

Thank you 

Dude was not on my radar 

I’m going to keep an eye on him 

On 5/26/2020 at 1:22 PM, AxeElf said:

Maybe this guy...?  He's probably not fantasy-relevant... but he looks like he fits the topic.  He averaged 7.0 yards per carry on 569 rushing attempts and 21.4 yards per catch on 22 receptions as a QB at Navy.

Source: The Miami Herald - Barry Jackson

Miami Dolphins WR Malcolm Perry is listed as a running back on the team's official roster, but he is also expected to be used as a slot receiver and possible returner.

YES.  This is the type of thing I am looking for. 

On 5/24/2020 at 5:24 PM, Frozenbeernuts said:

He has some pretty weak passing skills, but definitely interesting. Those types of guys seem to never get a consistent role. Jaylen smauels and codarelle Patterson come to mind

But he was only a QB in Kentucky out of emergency dire situation,, he is listed on MFL as a RB and rightfully so.

He has more value IMO than his current ADP suggests.