Sign in to follow this  
nzoner

Ham-N-Beans

4 minutes ago, nzoner said:

Can’t go wrong with that. 

We got take out from local Greek place. Even came with DIY mimosas. (That’s for wife. I’ll make Bloody Marys)

skip dinner, buy weed. 

1 minute ago, TommyGavin said:

Can’t go wrong with that. 

We got take out from local Greek place. Even came with DIY mimosas. (That’s for wife. I’ll make Bloody Marys)

Haven't had much opportunity to try Greek food other than a gyro,what's something else that's good?

3 minutes ago, taco breath said:

skip dinner, buy weed. 

Not anymore gave it up a little over a year ago.

5 minutes ago, nzoner said:

Haven't had much opportunity to try Greek food other than a gyro,what's something else that's good?

This was stuffed chicken breast (spinach and feta) Eggs with spinach and feta. French toast. Lemon potatoes. Grape leaves. Spinach pie with filo dough. Breakfast Sausages and fresh fruit. With OJ and bottle champagne- feeds 6. 
$79.99

4 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

This was stuffed chicken breast (spinach and feta) Eggs with spinach and feta. French toast. Lemon potatoes. Grape leaves. Spinach pie with filo dough. Breakfast Sausages and fresh fruit. With OJ and bottle champagne- feeds 6. 
$79.99

Dang, that sounds delicious.  :wub:

5 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

$79.99

Yeah,I'd have no problem trying that.

Just now, nzoner said:

Yeah,I'd have no problem trying that.

To your earlier question, noticeably missing from TG's menu is chick peas -- hummus and or falafel, both of which I love.  Probably my favorite vegetarian dishes.  :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, Reality said:

Don't forget the cornbread.

No sir,homemade cornbread is an absolute must with ham-n-beans,although the mrs. (36C) crumbles it up in her bowl which I think is disgusting.Of course I add yellow mustard to mine which she thinks is disgusting.

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

To your earlier question, noticeably missing from TG's menu is chick peas -- hummus and or falafel, both of which I love.  Probably my favorite vegetarian dishes.  :thumbsup:

Hummus is one thing I've never tried,just something about it that makes me say no thanks.

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

This was a Mother’s Day package. Hummus and pita would of put it over the to. Not a falafel fan for some reason. I eat chick peas like most peeps eat peanuts. 

1 minute ago, TommyGavin said:

This was a Mother’s Day package. Hummus and pita would of put it over the to. Not a falafel fan for some reason. I eat chick peas like most peeps eat peanuts. 

Oh don't get me wrong, the package sounds delicious.  I was just telling nzoner about other Greek food.  Of your list, grape leaves are the one thing I don't like.  My wife loves them tho so if we get an appetizer platter, they get enjoyed.  :cheers:

What time should I drop by?

13 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

What time should I drop by?

Sorry we're still quarantined. :D

Just now, TommyGavin said:

Back to OP. How is the ham prepared ? Beans homemade ? Looks good. 

We usually have a bone-in ham a few times a year and leave some meat on.Wrap in foil and freeze.Take out and thaw and then put in the pot with water and a few pounds of packaged pinto beans and cook on low on the stove.The aroma right now is :wub:  Next we'll be making up a large pan of sweet cornbread to go with it.

I knew I good KC guy like you wouldn’t be using Cambell's pork and beans beans from a can !!! 

13 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

I knew I good KC guy like you wouldn’t be using Cambell's pork and beans beans from a can !!! 

That sounds disgusting  :lol:

31 minutes ago, nzoner said:

We usually have a bone-in ham a few times a year and leave some meat on.Wrap in foil and freeze.Take out and thaw and then put in the pot with water and a few pounds of packaged pinto beans and cook on low on the stove.The aroma right now is :wub:  Next we'll be making up a large pan of sweet cornbread to go with it.

We always make a soup out of a leftover ham hock, usually with pinto beans.  We always have a big bag of the beans in the house, living in north messico like we do.  There is nothing quite like that aroma.  :wub:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

There is nothing quite like that aroma.  :wub:

The aroma before :wub:

The aroma after 😷

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

We always make a soup out of a leftover ham hock, usually with pinto beans.  We always have a big bag of the beans in the house, living in north messico like we do.  There is nothing quite like that aroma.  :wub:

That’s the base to wife’s famous split pea soup. Big ol ham hock out of the freezer

7 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

If you're a mustard fan try some yellow mustard in your bowl,you'll never eat it without again.

Side note. I have 5 Greek places within 10 minute drive and the best grape leaves I can get are at an Italian market. Go figure. 

7 hours ago, TommyGavin said:

$79.99

Grape leaves are slimy and gross. Sort of like stuffed cabbage. Except worse and slimier. And that whole phyllo dough thing? Good God, could you be any grittier? Yuck.

57 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Grape leaves are slimy and gross. Sort of like stuffed cabbage. Except worse and slimier. And that whole phyllo dough thing? Good God, could you be any grittier? Yuck.

To each his own. Bumblefuck where you live I wouldn’t expect good Greek food. And I make my own stuffed cabbage. Thank you very much. 

5 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

To each his own. Bumblefuck where you live I wouldn’t expect good Greek food. And I make my own stuffed cabbage. Thank you very much. 

He lives in one of those places that think everything is a taco or burrito now. 

8 hours ago, TommyGavin said:

a lot of people think that garbanzo beans and chickpeas are the same thing. They're definitely not.

Proof?

Garbanzo beans in your mouth? Hey, not so bad.

Chick pees in your mouth? That's freaking gross.

• Haha 1

been going here since 1980, even bought one of their t-shirts.

best gyro ever.

On 5/10/2020 at 8:17 PM, wiffleball said:

a lot of people think that garbanzo beans and chickpeas are the same thing. They're definitely not.

Proof?

Garbanzo beans in your mouth? Hey, not so bad.

Chick pees in your mouth? That's freaking gross.

...and here it is....

56 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

...and here it is....

The year old, one page thread that a half dozen people commented on? In which none were me.  :lol:

I told a joke I heard in real life, it was similar to yours but I didn’t steal it from you, you act like if you post something the whole world reads it.  And you didn’t make it up yourself anyway.

Just go away….freak.

22 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

The year old, one page thread that a half dozen people commented on? In which none were me.  :lol:

I told a joke I heard in real life, it was similar to yours but I didn’t steal it from you, you act like if you post something the whole world reads it.  And you didn’t make it up yourself anyway.

Just go away….freak.

So. I was first.