Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

Ruth Bader Ginsburg hospitalized with infection: court

33 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Could you imagine if she died, and Trump mentions trying to push a new Justice through?

Won't happen...  It will be just like when there was an opening while Obama was finishing up his last year...

The same thing will happen and they will go with eight until after Inauguration Day...

34 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Could you imagine if she died, and Trump mentions trying to push a new Justice through?

The gheys at FBGs are already making bets on who President Biden will choose as his nominee.  :doh:

They're 200% convinced Biden is going to crush Trump in the election.  It's a blowout!

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

The gheys at FBGs are already making bets on who President Biden will choose as his nominee.  :doh:

They're 200% convinced Biden is going to crush Trump in the election.  It's a blowout!

Yup...  I know it doesn't look good for Trump right now, but I hope to God he pulls the upset and wins again...  FBG might have a mass suicide...

Just now, posty said:

Yup...  I know it doesn't look good for Trump right now, but I hope to God he pulls the upset and wins again...  FBG might have a mass suicide...

I'm bookmarking all of the posts I come across that are bragging and guaranteeing a Biden win.  It's going to be epic if Trump wins.  I'll be following up on so many of them it will take days.

Of course, they'll find some excuse to try and get me banned over there but I'm certainly not going to let up.  In reality, I hope they just all leave this country forever (which is another thread they started over there).

7 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I'm bookmarking all of the posts I come across that are bragging and guaranteeing a Biden win.  It's going to be epic if Trump wins.  I'll be following up on so many of them it will take days.

Of course, they'll find some excuse to try and get me banned over there but I'm certainly not going to let up.  In reality, I hope they just all leave this country forever (which is another thread they started over there).

Dufrane's post is right on:

This was dumb when right wingers posited it when Obama was president and it's dumb now when lefties posit it with Trump. 

You're not leaving. Get real. 

Imagine the violent reaction of the Dems if Trump wins and gets to replace Ginsburg.......oh man....

Having dealt with cancer myself, I certainly wouldn't want the law of the land being based on my state of mind while puking blood due to chemo.  I'm sure she's immune though. 

3 hours ago, posty said:

Won't happen...  It will be just like when there was an opening while Obama was finishing up his last year...

The same thing will happen and they will go with eight until after Inauguration Day...

Disagree.  Even if she dies and Trump is a lame duck the Republicans will fill that seat.  No doubt.  There are likely to be 3 additional vacancies (including Thomas) in the next 4 years.  They would have to fill one of those seats or it’s game over.

She can take Breyer with her. Granted I haven't heard a word about his health deteriorating but since the guy's passed his lifetime warranty at 83, he's worth keeping an eye on too.

As for Ginsburg, she'll never retire while Trump is in office. She'll be hsappy to retire on Biden's day one but with Trump around, she'll only leave SCOTUS with her toes pointing upwards.

In all seriousness, and I know I'm a conservative, but we should want conservative justices.  "Conservative" meaning not inclined to err on the side of changing laws or legislating from the bench.  For instance, while I oppose abortion in general, I don't want justices who would overturn Roe v. Wade.  I also disagree with the recent decision to add gay and transgender people to the Civil Rights Act -- that is a legislative move which should have been done by Congress.  If it was attempted and then failed, maybe the SCOTUS steps in, but I don't get the impression that it was.  I'm open to being proven wrong though.

Basic point is, if a judge says "no soup for you" 95% of the time, I'd probably support him/her.  :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

Imagine the violent reaction of the Dems if Trump wins and gets to replace Ginsburg.......oh man....

It wouldn't shock me if Roberts announced he will shift left on his viewpoints "to maintain the balance in the court" if Ginsburg dies when Trump is president.

I don’t wish death on most people. But her getting a few more breaths vs this country going down the tubes, I gotta say, I hope she kicks it soon. Oh well. My kids have to live here.  

• Like 1

If Ruthie died, I would probably hold a party in honor of.....

her....

.....peaceful ending of life. :pointstosky:

On 7/17/2020 at 1:46 PM, posty said:

Currently supreme court vacancies are filled if the presidency and senate are controlled by the same party.  It also can get filled if they are from different parties, but not if its getting close to a presidential election.  The GOP controls both right now so it would get filled immediately.

Currently the GOP has 47 secure seats in the senate.  I have Georgia (Perdue), Ernst (Iowa), Maine (Collins) and Montana (Daines) all winning to give the GOP 51 seats and a majority in 2021.  If we get a red wave then places like Arizona and North Carolina are wins as well.

16 minutes ago, riversco said:

Currently supreme court vacancies are filled if the presidency and senate are controlled by the same party.  It also can get filled if they are from different parties, but not if its getting close to a presidential election.  The GOP controls both right now so it would get filled immediately.

Currently the GOP has 47 secure seats in the senate.  I have Georgia (Perdue), Ernst (Iowa), Maine (Collins) and Montana (Daines) all winning to give the GOP 51 seats and a majority in 2021.  If we get a red wave then places like Arizona and North Carolina are wins as well.

Really? Because the mainstream media and the guys over at FBGs are telling me that Biden is going to absolutely crush Trump in the election and it's going to be a huge blue wave where they take back the Senate as well.  Like embarrassingly. 

They're talking as if all of that has already happened.  They're already speculating who President Biden picks as his supreme Court nominee to replace Ginsburg.

2 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Really? Because the mainstream media and the guys over at FBGs are telling me that Biden is going to absolutely crush Trump in the election and it's going to be a huge blue wave where they take back the Senate as well.  Like embarrassingly. 

They're talking as if all of that has already happened.  They're already speculating who President Biden picks as his supreme Court nominee to replace Ginsburg.

They told us the same thing about Hitlery.

The GOP will get the seat back in Alabama. 

13 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

They banned me for a month when I called her Killary Clinton.

I got perma banned for posting a liberal written article on aoc and I was simply saying the chick is way off base in her views about how the world is going to be in 10 years and we need trillions to keep it from happening.

So.... :dunno:

• Like 1

On 7/17/2020 at 4:25 PM, Cdub100 said:

That would be had for us. There are people who vote for President to keep a even scotus. I'd rather wait for term 2 for her to die.

I can see it as the tie breaker, but I have a hard time believing there's a lot of people who would use that as their #1 criteria of deciding who to vote for.

Do you ever notice they always put up a pic of her from like 2000 when talking about her in abstract but when you see her in real life she looks like a hard wind would kill her. 

On 5/10/2020 at 11:26 PM, Voltaire said:

Not really. Mitch McConnell  has proven to be perfectly willing to be fully hypocritical and change positions on procedural issues 180 degrees whenever the situation changes. Dem leaders are the same way, see Schumer or Pelosi. You don't get consistency in this job, you get somebody willing to adjust their sails to whichever direction the prevailing winds are blowing. If what they're saying now contradicts totally what they'd said last session, well, sh*t happens.

You can take this to the bank.

Believe me, if Trump loses the presidency and McConnell loses control of the Senate in November elections, and then RBG promptly dies, we'll have a new SCOTUS justice rammed through the lameduck session at breakneck speed before Biden and Schumer are sworn in come January. RBG could die December 29th; just give Trump and McConnell 60 hours and we'll have a new SCOTUS justice sworn in before the ball drops in New York City on New Year's Eve. The stakes are too high, they will not pay around on this. Call McConnell a lying hypocrite the rest of his life, you can add it to the other two dozen times he's been a total lying hypocrite before. The man once filibustered his own bill when he'd realized he'd made a tactical error. He has no shame. The man wants results and does not care about consistency. In that regard, he's not a lick different than how any of the Dem leaders are on these issues.

Wow, nailed it.