Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

MLB Network Today

Showing all the Yankee Perfect games and No Hitters. The whole day. Amazing one team can fill up programming just on those. Check out some history! 

31 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Showing all the Yankee Perfect games and No Hitters. The whole day. Amazing one team can fill up programming just on those. Check out some history! 

Thanks for the heads up, setting DVR to record now

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Another run of 10+ years without a title and desperate to hang onto glory. Like the 80s all over again

43 minutes ago, edjr said:

Another run of 10+ years without a title and desperate to hang onto glory. Like the 80s all over again

Another? That’s twice. When they get to 86 years between titles let me know. And how did the 80’s work out for the Red Sox? 

So checking the history:

No-hitters:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_League_Baseball_no-hitters#No-hitters_by_team

Perfect Games:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_League_Baseball_perfect_games#Perfect_games_by_team

According to this, the Yankees have three perfect games, so do the White Sox...  The best in MLB history...

The Yankees have 11 career no-hitters (tied for 12th), the White Sox have 18 (tied for 2nd)...  First is the Dodgers with 26 (who have one perfect game)...

3 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

So checking the history:

No-hitters:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_League_Baseball_no-hitters#No-hitters_by_team

Perfect Games:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_League_Baseball_perfect_games#Perfect_games_by_team

According to this, the Yankees have three perfect games, so do the White Sox...  The best in MLB history...

The Yankees have 11 career no-hitters (tied for 12th), the White Sox have 18 (tied for 2nd)...  First is the Dodgers with 26 (who have one perfect game)...

They should show them then.  But great catch! 

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They should show them then.  But great catch! 

honestly I was surprised about the White Sox, I couldnt even tell you who had one for them

White Sox dont sell

9 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

honestly I was surprised about the White Sox, I couldnt even tell you who had one for them

I remember that Buehrle threw a couple of no-hitters, one of them being a perfect game...

Phil Humber threw a perfect game as well...

But other than that, no idea...  

They should have shown the Andy Hawkins “no hitter” for shites and giggles. Poor Jim Leyritz. 

I enjoy modern history so how many of them do they have after 2000? 

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Talking about the Mets ?

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

So speaking of Yankees, WTF maybe dude would have stayed healthier if he was serious before he retired

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/cc-sabathia-has-missed-the-entire-point-of-retirement-by-getting-totally-jacked-153205683.html

good lord

Saw that. He was overrated but the NY press dug his SJW shite. 

44 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

Talking about the Mets ?

The one Gooden tossed? As a Yankee? Lol. 

1 hour ago, nospk said:

I enjoy modern history so how many of them do they have after 2000? 

Perfect games or no-hitters? It’s hard to keep up sometimes. 

19 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The one Gooden tossed? As a Yankee? Lol. 

And David Cone

:mad:

although Gooden hurts more. Homegrown talent. My old man had to turn over in his grave. Hated the Yankees as much as me. In 1984 he told me Gooden will throw first no no for Mets. He died in 85. Never saw 86 Mets or Gooden no hitter. 

Just now, TommyGavin said:

And David Cone

:mad:

although Gooden hurts more. Homegrown talent. My old man had to turn over in his grave. Hated the Yankees as much as me. In 1984 he told me Gooden will throw first no no for Mets. He died in 85. Never saw 86 Mets or Gooden no hitter. 

RIP. At least he had the  Miracle Mets. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

RIP. At least he had the  Miracle Mets. 

:cheers:

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

So speaking of Yankees, WTF maybe dude would have stayed healthier if he was serious before he retired

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/cc-sabathia-has-missed-the-entire-point-of-retirement-by-getting-totally-jacked-153205683.html

good lord

Damn, good for him. Figure he would have went the other way, he has big boy potential. Real big.

16 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Perfect games or no-hitters? It’s hard to keep up sometimes. 

Deflected wide as usual. Can’t admit that they have none in this era. Its like you’re throwing batting practice  

2 minutes ago, nospk said:

Deflected wide as usual. Can’t admit that they have none in this era. Its like you’re throwing batting practice  

You got me. Today they are showing the Yankees in a couple of WS that they lost. 

In more Yankees news, Sabathia lost all the weight and is jacked now that he retired.  He is 39.

On 5/12/2020 at 1:11 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

John Sterling: David Wells! David Wells has pitched a perfect game! 

59 minutes ago, riversco said:

In more Yankees news, Sabathia lost all the weight and is jacked now that he retired.  He is 39.

Quit the drinking too - I assume