Sign in to follow this  
KayJay1971

When movie theaters open back up will you go?

My company distributes to a lot of movie theaters. We just got word that they should start opening up at the end of June through the end of July. Assuming nothing changes will you go to see a movie? If not would you at some point? I have to assume several seats will be blocked off to observe social distancing. I was not much of a theater guy but I would go if a "must see" movie is released soon after they reopen. Top Gun II anyone?

Probably not.  Although I should point out that I go to maybe one movie every three years.

No...  Rarely went to the movies before this happened, this won't change...  I would rather wait until the movie comes out on cable if I want to see it...

Hell yes.  I miss movies.  But what the heck is available to see?  Is the new Top Gun completed?

We do not go out to see many movies per year.  When they re-open, and if there is a movie I would want to see..... It depends. What measures will be taken to prevent more spread? how many people in the theater/spacing?  etc

From a virus/health perspective, I'd go see one right now and sit next to an 80 year old from a NY nursing home.  I'm not scared of this thing at all, as I believe most shouldn't be.  But I've been putting together a home theater for the last 8 months and, as of last weekend, it's better than 95% of the theaters out there.  Other than content, which is usually delayed for home viewing, I'd rather watch in my basement.  I hope the direct to home model keeps gaining traction. 

26 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

Probably not.  Although I should point out that I go to maybe one movie every three years.

This, except maybe once a year for me.

Eventually but probably not until next year unless some different news comes out that lowers my concerns.

36 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

#metoo

I wasn't going before.

9 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Are you asking me out?  :o

:wub:    Maybe?!?!

1 hour ago, Strike said:

From a virus/health perspective, I'd go see one right now and sit next to an 80 year old from a NY nursing home.  I'm not scared of this thing at all, as I believe most shouldn't be.  But I've been putting together a home theater for the last 8 months and, as of last weekend, it's better than 95% of the theaters out there.  Other than content, which is usually delayed for home viewing, I'd rather watch in my basement.  I hope the direct to home model keeps gaining traction. 

I am not terribly concerned about this virus either as I am pretty confident I was at the very least exposed to it (very good friend had all of the symptoms but wasn't able to get tested). I battled something pretty strong in January as well as my wife. I just don't go see that many movies. When the bars and wineries open back up....I will be there in a heartbeat. 

Hell no I won’t go. Hell no I won’t go. 

I didn’t go before. So no. Avatar was last movie I saw in a theater. 

Yep, I'll go.  Hell, I drove over to North Dakota today and went out for lunch, dine in, and stopped at a bar for a couple of beers.  This isn't the end of the world,  start living people. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NorthernVike said:

Yep, I'll go.  Hell, I drove over to North Dakota today and went out for lunch, dine in, and stopped at a bar for a couple of beers.  This isn't the end of the world,  start living people. 

I have my camping reservations for July can't come soon enough

7 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

I have my camping reservations for July can't come soon enough

Here's how stupid the dumbfuck governor of minny is,  Campgrounds are closed.  The best possible way to social distance is not allowed. 

3 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Here's how stupid the dumbfuck governor of minny is,  Campgrounds are closed.  The best possible way to social distance is not allowed. 

It is in many states including florida

I'm sure ND and SD will love my NY plate rolling up but fock um