fandandy

Expired SPAM

35 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Best by Nov 2019

Would you take a chance on it?

I wasn't even aware there was an expiration date on that stuff. I've never looked in my life and it's been delicious every time. Go for it

27 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Bacon flavored spam is the best. 

I bought that by mistake a few months ago and it was awful. Threw half the can away.  It left an aftertaste like Band-Aids or something.

It's been sealed in a can, not exposed to air.

It may have lost some of its flavor, but isn't spoiled by any means. 

18 hours ago, fandandy said:

Best by Nov 2019

It says "best by." It's not expired, it just isn't quite as Spammy as it was before last December.  :dunno:

15 hours ago, TommyGavin said:

I don’t believe in expiration dates. 

I also do not believe in eating spam. Gross. 

Did you eat it? Did you die? Uncontrollable sh!ts? Did it make your spunk smell funny? Inquiring minds want to know.

No.  I had a customer come in yesterday looking for Spam, I knew I had some outdated that I had pulled off the floor months ago so I went to get it to just give the guy but when I saw how old it was I didn't offer it to him.  I didn't eat it.  I have 5 unopened containers of outdated SPAM.  

8 minutes ago, fandandy said:

No.  I had a customer come in yesterday looking for Spam, I knew I had some outdated that I had pulled off the floor months ago so I went to get it to just give the guy but when I saw how old it was I didn't offer it to him.  I didn't eat it.  I have 5 unopened containers of outdated SPAM.  

Eat one ya puzzy! Then report back. 

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Never had SPAM.  Too skeeved out by it.

people generally fall into two categories. People that never had spam and people who have spam a lot. If You ever had it fried with eggs, it would become a regular part of your breakfast routine. well, probably not regular part due to the unhealthy nature of eating too much of it, but definitely something you would have more than just the one time. I have introduced so many girlfriends and buddies over the years to spam and I'd guess it's about 12 to 0 as far as the ratio of those who love it and those who don't.

2 minutes ago, The Observer said:

people generally fall into two categories. People that never had spam and people who have spam a lot. If You ever had it fried with eggs, it would become a regular part of your breakfast routine. well, probably not regular part due to the unhealthy nature of eating too much of it, but definitely something you would have more than just the one time. I have introduced so many girlfriends and buddies over the years to spam and I'd guess it's about 12 to 0 as far as the ratio of those who love it and those who don't.

You know what, you're probably right about having it fried.  Well, at least back in the day anyway.  I've virtually removed deep fried foods from my normal eating.  There was a time that I'd eat anything if it were fried, so I most likely would have tried and like it.

3 minutes ago, The Observer said:

First off, you eat ass just like a gay convict. Secondly, “So many girlfriends”. People wouldn’t do the trick, stud? Sad.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

First off, you eat ass just like a gay convict. Secondly, “So many girlfriends”. People wouldn’t do the trick, stud? Sad.  

😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Sometimes I purposely throw a word or two into my posts just because I know they drive certain members absolutely focking bonkers. And then I sit back and wait to see how long it takes for them to blow a gasket. Every now and then, a minute doesn't even pass before I catch them in my little net. I won't name names though. 😁

1 hour ago, The Observer said:

people generally fall into two categories. People that never had spam and people who have spam a lot. 

We call them the "Monty Python contingent".  🤪

1 hour ago, The Observer said:

Sometimes I purposely throw a word or two into my posts just because I know they drive certain members absolutely focking bonkers. And then I sit back and wait to see how long it takes for them to blow a gasket. Every now and then, a minute doesn't even pass before I catch them in my little net. I won't name names though. 😁

Funny, I do the same thing and just post something and watch you blow a gasket. Always angry with all your replies pretending not to be upset by adding smiley faces to every post. So in your head. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

That's your whole bit. All you ever have.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, The Observer said:

I bought that by mistake a few months ago and it was awful. Threw half the can away.  It left an aftertaste like Band-Aids or something.

You are dead to me. Dead! 😠

Spam never goes bad! 

Of course, it only goes “good” after a late night of shots of Jagermeister, way too many cheap beers and cigars.

It’s been described as tasting like ass. Seems accurate. 

We dine well here in Camelot.
We eat ham and jam and spam a lot. :banana:

• Haha 1

On 5/13/2020 at 4:46 PM, fandandy said:

Best by Nov 2019

Eating or selling?

On 5/13/2020 at 8:55 PM, TommyGavin said:

I don’t believe in expiration dates. 

Yes.  They’re just a guideline.  

Those who've never tried fried Spam are missing out - like for real. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Eating or selling?

Eating.  I would have given it away for free until I saw how past date it was.

4 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Those who've never tried fried Spam are missing out - like for real. 

On toasted white bread with catsup. Velveeta kicks it up. ❤️👍

9 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Yes.  They’re just a guideline.  

And this was just a "best by" date.  Isn't the whole thing about spam that it's not necessarily a "food item", per se, that can traditionally "go bad"?  🤔

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wiffleball said:

On toasted white bread with catsup. Velveeta kicks it up. ❤️👍

My son had some mac and cheese at a friend's house a while back that he really liked. It had Velveeta in it, so he made my wife get some at the store. We used it and it does make mac and cheese pretty good if you blend it with a nice sharp cheddar. I looked at the box afterwards and the "best by" date on it was 6 months prior.  No big deal because it isn't really food.  :dunno:  :lol:

14 minutes ago, Mookz said:

And this was just a "best by" date.  Isn't the whole thing about spam that it's not necessarily a "food item", per se, that can traditionally "go bad"?  🤔

It's pork shoulder. It's vacuum sealed so it keeps ona  shelf. Like tuna or canned chicken. But it is real meat.