Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

If a restaurant opened up in your shutdown state would you go?

2 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Again those numbers are based on hospitals that can handle all patients, schools closed, etc. To assume that those numbers would all be the same in the future if those variables were changed is a stretch. 

That's why we locked down.  To "flatten the curve."  Remember?  Well, we've flattened it.  There isn't one hospital or hospital system in this country complaining that they can't handle it.  The reality is that this thing wasn't nearly as bad as predicted.  EVERY focking prediction has been overblown.  We sent a focking medical hospital boat to NY and it treated like 5 cases. 

The numbers show that kids and young adults aren't being hospitalized for this thing.   The average age of hospitalization is 53.  Why would that change if we let people go outside?  We shouldn't be afraid of people getting this thing if they aren't in the demographics it targets. 

Flatten the curve! Flatten the curve!! Flatten the curve!! We’re going to crush the hospital capacity limit!!!

:Curve has been flattened and Hospitals are laying workers off bc they’re at 15-20% capacity:

We need to stay home until there’s a cure and vaccine!!!!

3 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

Hindsight is 20/20, but we will look back and shake our heads at what an overreaction this has been. 

Not PFB.  He knows things.  Statistics and facts be damned!!!  And the Dems aren't using this to make Trump look bad either!!!

😂

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Strike said:

Not PFB.  He knows things.  Statistics and facts be damned!!!  And the Dems aren't using this to make Trump look bad either!!!

😂

And you just assume that, if we have 25% of the people who have had it and only 100k deaths, that we won’t have another 100k deaths (or more) when we get everyone else infected all at once.

I am all for opening up in a systematic way and we need to avoid a 2nd wave that is worse than the first wave enough that it puts a strain on those systems that we spared the first time through.

It isn’t an all or nothing thing even though that is so much easier for you to believe.

And this narrative that the Dems are doing this to make Trump bad - I thought Trump was in charge and most people were for him. If so, then how are Dems controlling this? And Europe? And everywhere else? The Dems can’t come up with a good candidate and you think that they have master minded this? :lol:

54 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

And you just assume that, if we have 25% of the people who have had it and only 100k deaths, that we won’t have another 100k deaths (or more) when we get everyone else infected all at once.

I am all for opening up in a systematic way and we need to avoid a 2nd wave that is worse than the first wave enough that it puts a strain on those systems that we spared the first time through.

It isn’t an all or nothing thing even though that is so much easier for you to believe.

And this narrative that the Dems are doing this to make Trump bad - I thought Trump was in charge and most people were for him. If so, then how are Dems controlling this? And Europe? And everywhere else? The Dems can’t come up with a good candidate and you think that they have master minded this? :lol:

What if the 2nd wave doesn’t threaten to overwhelm the hospitals? Do we still shut down to prevent the very low fatality rate? I mean, that’s what the whole shut down was about, right. Don’t overwhelm the health care system, which we never came close to doing. 

10 hours ago, Strike said:

Why are you using an alias?  Did you get the banhammer?

30 day timeout. Ends next week I think. 

10 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Are these Chinese locals as dumb as they seem in your stories? 

Dumb would be a bit of a misnomer. They don't lack intelligence... They are great at math and things like that.

The issues are twofold... One, their education is completely based on rote memorization, and greatly discourages logic and critical thinking. So they can't do either. 

The second is growing up in a propaganda state. They believe what they are told, at least publicly. Period. 

They also have a lot of moronic superstitions, especially related to health. And science be damned, they believe them. 

It is also a top down society. If the boss says it, it is true, no matter how dumb, and thou shall not question. 

3 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

What if the 2nd wave doesn’t threaten to overwhelm the hospitals? Do we still shut down to prevent the very low fatality rate? I mean, that’s what the whole shut down was about, right. Don’t overwhelm the health care system, which we never came close to doing. 

Then we keep going with opening stuff up? I said we open up in a systematic way. This is where the testing helps. We test and see if we are getting spikes and then adjust. No spikes, you go faster. 

We don’t have to continue to be shut down in most places, but we also don’t need to have people traveling to/from hot spots, having large conferences or sporting events, or other very risky activities just yet. Let’s work towards that, though. There is no reason to wait until we have a vaccine.

I've said before, we're already cheating one degree or another at various places.

For me, boils down to this. Again like I said in many threads. The Science is for s*** right now, don't you even dare try to enforce some kind of restriction.

People find ways to break horseshit laws that make no sense and have no basis in fact. It's been that way for a very very long time.

The problem is I see it is the same one that we sing most of our lives. Yeah, there might be a dozen or so responsible regulars who chill and everybody's happy and try to keep bar support up a little bit while also not going nuts sitting at home alone.

but there's always going to be the who has to invite his 60 fat buddies or the b****** who just have to film and post every minute of their life on social media. And then they ruin it for everyone. 

fix the science. Pass intelligent regulations based upon that. And then we'll talk. Until then? People will keep trying to get away with as much as they can. 

No. Restaurants around here suck. I make meals that are 100 X better.  

Last night grilled pork chops, tonight fish tacos.  I’m a grilling’ smokin’ sautéing’ sombitch.

4 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

After watching that demonstration, it makes all the times I spooged in the salad bar at Olive Garden even funnier.  

This is one reason I prefer blue cheese over ranch. :o

• Haha 2

In all honesty, restaurants have never been cleaner. I've never seen them (and especially the bathrooms) so clean. 

I've forever been a borderline germaphobe anyway. And let me tell ya this Corona thing, in some aspects, has been great.

* Restaurants/sports bars have never been cleaner

* Bathrooms have never been cleaner

* Disposable paper menus/plasticware

* Hand sanitizer everywhere 

* No screaming kids

29 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

I've forever been a borderline germaphobe anyway. And let me tell ya this Corona thing, in some aspects, has been great.

* No screaming kids

Kidaphobe. 

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

* No screaming kids

55 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Kidaphobe. 

No shiot.  Hey Cruzer, how do you avoid the screaming kids in Tejas?  Bubble wrap them?  :dunno:

Ha, I love kids. 

But anyone who says they enjoy hearing them scream/cry/throw fits while out is full of shiit. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Ha, I love kids. 

But anyone who says they enjoy hearing them scream/cry/throw fits while out is full of shiit. 

Some parents need caning 

• Like 1

My golf buddy owns two well know Raleigh restaurants.  He told me that things will most defiantly change.  As a business plan they have ramped up the take-out / catering side of the business.  They have also redesigned the inside seating.  Cut the number of customers in the dining area by 40% at full capacity.  Taken out tables and spaced them further apart for distancing.    Business owners aren't stupid, they get it.   

6 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

My golf buddy owns two well know Raleigh restaurants.  He told me that things will most defiantly change.  As a business plan they have ramped up the take-out / catering side of the business.  They have also redesigned the inside seating.  Cut the number of customers in the dining area by 40% at full capacity.  Taken out tables and spaced them further apart for distancing.    Business owners aren't stupid, they get it.   

Going to mean less waitstaff. And that sucks. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Going to mean less waitstaff. And that sucks. 

Well, less is better than none.  :dunno:

8 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Is his plan for this to be permanent?  It seems to me that once we have a virus and treatments, both of which will happen within the next 12 months, there's no reason not to go back to our previous norms.  I, for one, may be doing a little more takeout at the moment since it's the only available offering, but generally speaking if I want food from a certain restaurant I want to eat it there.  I suspect the takeout business will normalize after this "crisis" is over.  If that happens and your buddy stays at 60% capacity he's either going to have to significantly raise prices or go out of business.

8 minutes ago, Strike said:

Is his plan for this to be permanent?  It seems to me that once we have a virus and treatments, both of which will happen within the next 12 months, there's no reason not to go back to our previous norms.  I, for one, may be doing a little more takeout at the moment since it's the only available offering, but generally speaking if I want food from a certain restaurant I want to eat it there.  I suspect the takeout business will normalize after this "crisis" is over.  If that happens and your buddy stays at 60% capacity he's either going to have to significantly raise prices or go out of business.

I think it's pretty much a reaction to the current environment, gearing up for the next phase in my state of opening up for restaurants.  

Nothing is permanent, if things go back to normal so will he (at least that's the impression I got)    However in the meantime business owners are doing anything they can to reopen while giving their customers solace and confidence it is safe to patron their establishment.  

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Which restaurants?

i have a buddy that owns two in Raleigh/durham

15 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Which restaurants?

i have a buddy that owns two in Raleigh/durham

I'll private message you.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Ha, I love kids. 

As a parent of two kids I agree.  Me and the wife would go out to eat to get AWAY from screaming, crying and whining babies and kids.

They are 11 and 8 now but when they were little we would only go out to eat at local places that I knew everyone or very early on off hours....I was cognizant of it.  

A family with their babies or toddlers at a halfway nice restaurant after 7:00pm I give death stares.  And I'm a parent. 

• Like 1