Herbivore

Favorite Song - Creedence Clearwater Revival

Favorite Song - CCR  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Creedence song?

• Born on a Bayou
    • Proud Mary
    • Bad Moon Rising
    • Lodi
    • Down on the Corner
    • Fortunate Son
    • Travelin Band
    • Up Around the Bend
    • Run Through the Jungle
    • Have You Ever Seen the Rain

What a run.  All of these came out over a 2 year span.  Another band that could have used 15 line limit for the poll.  

For the love of god Tbay..you have to know this band right?

10 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

What a run.  All of these came out over a 2 year span.  Another band that could have used 15 line limit for the poll.  

For the love of god Tbay..you have to know this band right?

What you ought to do for bands with too many songs for one poll is have two polls, take the top 10 from both polls and have a final poll with those.

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

What you ought to do for bands with too many songs for one poll is have two polls, take the top 10 from both polls and have a final poll with those.

I can't pick just one from this list. I might could narrow it down to three. Amazing band.

Proud 1st vote for Proud Mary

19 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Voted Down on the Corner but like the majority of these songs. 

Interesting I did the same and the poll is showing 1 vote.

Just now, nzoner said:

Interesting I did the same and the poll is showing 1 vote.

I must have clicked the song but didn't submit.  Now it's registered

great stuff......

if you're a redneck

• Confused 2

One of my favorite bands. Pop used to have the greatest hits 8 track in his company car.  Hard to pick one so I'll just mention one not listed...

7 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

great stuff......

if you're a redneck

It's funny how much they sound like swamp rock yet they came from northern California.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kutulu said:

It's funny how much they sound like swamp rock yet they came from northern California.

Wow really?  I had no idea

7 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

Wow really?  I had no idea

Oh Lord, stuck in Lodi again :music_guitarred:

Went with Fortunate Son. Weird how most of their songs seem to be under 3 minutes

I was just browsing through my library and somehow totally forgot this one,I need to change my vote

When my daughter was born, the docs and nurses had the radio playing over the PA system in the OR. Bad Moon Rising was playing so I had to pick that.  Also, it was the first complete song I learned on guitar.  I really like most of the others too.  

I know if it is a cover, but whatever, they still nailed this song:

Fortunate Son. Funny thing about that song is , I don’t know why libtards like it.  As if it isn’t about them too. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Strike said:

yeah...I don't know if any band hits 20 songs, other than the bands that we would do albums for.  like with CCR, I would say I only missed Green River and The Midnight Special(which is a traditional song).  Seger was closer but I would have been putting Katmandu in there and its not worthy.

1 minute ago, Herbivore said:

yeah...I don't know if any band hits 20 songs, other than the bands that we would do albums for.  like with CCR, I would say I only missed Green River and The Midnight Special(which is a traditional song).  Seger was closer but I would have been putting Katmandu in there and its not worthy.

You don't need 20 songs.  If you have 16 make it two polls of 8 and then one poll of the final 10 (or less if not all songs get votes).

42 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Kutmandu :mad:

Wow, I suck at (music), life.  OMG, ok, I'm going to admit this just because I should be fired from the music world.  I went on YouTube to listen to these songs, because I didn't know any of them.  But alas, I did!  BUT, it wasn't what I thought it was.  I thought "Bad Moon Rising" was Bad Mood Horizon.  :doh:

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Wow, I suck at (music), life.  OMG, ok, I'm going to admit this just because I should be fired from the music world.  I went on YouTube to listen to these songs, because I didn't know any of them.  But alas, I did!  BUT, it wasn't what I thought it was.  I thought "Bad Moon Rising" was Bad Mood Horizon.  :doh:

Don't feel bad, a lot of people think they say there's a bathroom on the right.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Don't feel bad, a lot of people think they say there's a bathroom on the right.

HA!  I caught "bad moon on the rise"!  Winner! :first:

1 hour ago, Strike said:

You don't need 20 songs.  If you have 16 make it two polls of 8 and then one poll of the final 10 (or less if not all songs get votes).

alright already...and good plan, will follow.

I went with Run Through the Jungle but these are a bunch of great songs.

Who’ll Stop The Rain needs to be on the list.  And appropriate for the year 2020. Also, Lookin Out My Back Door should be listed. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Who’ll Stop The Rain needs to be on the list.  And appropriate for the year 2020. Also, Lookin Out My Back Door should be listed. 

yeah, that was another, forgot it when I responded

• Thanks 1

They recently did a duet with Taylor Swift covering her hit "shake it off".

Definitely Grammy event.

7 hours ago, KayJay1971 said:

I am sure I am in the minority, but I don't like CCR. :ninja:

I'm not a huge fan either.  Very simplistic songs musically, like a precursor to Tom Petty for whom I have the same opinion.

That being said, I know all of these songs and went with Fortunate Son.  :thumbsup:

• Confused 1

Just now, jerryskids said:

I'm not a huge fan either.  Very simplistic songs musically, like a precursor to Tom Petty for whom I have the same opinion.

That being said, I know all of these songs and went with Fortunate Son.  :thumbsup:

John Fogerty was the only one with any actual talent.   I think he basically taught his brother and the drummer how to play their instruments and hold the groove. Maybe a CCR expert can weigh in here.    Nzoner?

Led me down a rabbit trail. Check out the soundtrack for Air America. Pretty damn good.