Sign in to follow this  
kozmiq

overused words that have lost their true meanings

awesome:  this used to mean the best of the best ..                                                                                                                                                                                               now it's used for anything that's just good

amazing:  this used be reserved for things like a sperm and an egg makes a baby or total eclipses ..                                                                                              now it's used for anything that's just above average

Any others ?

racist

This used to mean treating another race as inferior, such as making them sit in the back of the bus or use a different drinking fountain.  

• Thanks 1

Epidemic 

Texas is the 2nd most populated state, with 29 million folks.. We've had all of 1272 Corona deaths - yet its the 2nd coming of the Black Plaque. 

"super cool" - that phrase is so overused that it comes across as a corporate suit trying to connect with the kids / lower class people.  Its almost like you are looking down on people when you say it now.

22 minutes ago, Strike said:

racist

This used to mean treating another race as inferior, such as making them sit in the back of the bus or use a different drinking fountain.  

Now it means anyone who disagrees with leftist desires. 

That word is actually used now by the left as the exact opposite of what it really means.

Yearn, as in I yearn for the days when blacks sat in the back of the bus and used a different drinking fountain.

Wait.  Maybe that still means the same thing. 

fantastic. This word literally used to mean essentially b*******.

That story is fantastic. Meaning it is fantastical. It is fantasy.

Very similarly: Incredible. Meaning simply, that's not credible.

2 hours ago, Strike said:

racist

2 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Epidemic 

Texas is the 2nd most populated state, with 29 million folks.. We've had all of 1272 Corona deaths - yet its the 2nd coming of the Black Plaque. 

Yup and yup.

What happens when we have an actual epidemic, we can't leave our bedrooms?

Pimp. I called my little brother a pimp when I was about 16. My uncle said You do NOT call your brother a pimp! 

Tolerant liberal. 

• Haha 2

Conservative as a political term has been absolutely hijacked. But the only good news is actual conservatives still exist.

I miss the days when Republican and conservative were basically synonyms.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Conservative as a political term has been absolutely hijacked. But the only good news is actual conservatives still exist.

I miss the days when Republican and conservative were basically synonyms.

"Democrat" hasn't changed at all. Leftist liberal morons.  Sad. :mellow:

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Fingerbang

Based upon Newbie's gloating of the past, I guess it now means, adults trespassing and taking underage girls into construction sites and sticking their fingers into the various body cavities of the children and saying it was a good time.

4 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

"Democrat" hasn't changed at all. Leftist liberal morons.  Sad. :mellow:

Not everything's a slap fight. Really do miss the conservative mindset. Hope to God we get a 3rd party.

• Like 1

"justice" I use to really like that word but it's been hijacked by freaks and distorted. I would love to get it back. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Pimp. I called my little brother a pimp when I was about 16. My uncle said You do NOT call your brother a pimp! 

I got in trouble when I was a kid for calling my sister a dork. Apparently, in my dad's day it was slang for peemus. 

Diversity. Now it just means no whites allowed.  

• Like 1

Hero and brave

i appreciate grocery store workers and truck drivers during this but they aren’t heroes

its not brave to be 300lbs and wear a bikini. It’s not brave to be an Olympic superstar that cuts his junk off

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

I got in trouble when I was a kid for calling my sister a dork. Apparently, in my dad's day it was slang for peemus. 

19 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Weird how a word can go from meaning peemus to meaning nerd in a generation. :lol:

21 hours ago, kozmiq said:

Any others ?

idiot.

3 hours ago, 5-Points said:

Rape

This.  As if someone could even hear them that far underground.  🤪

• Haha 1

no

gullible 

18 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Not everything's a slap fight. Really do miss the conservative mindset. Hope to God we get a 3rd party.

Amen. Remember when Regan and Carter we’re running against each other.  The current Democrats and Republicans would denounce both of their candidates as being for the other side.  

• Thanks 1

1. mua

11 hours ago, 5-Points said:

Rape

There's a yellow flower in China that's used to make cooking oil. So, I see a bottle of this cooking oil on a shelf and it's labeled as "rapeseed oil." And I'm like "Either somebody played a cruel joke on the credulous manufacturer of this cooking oil or their translator needs to be fired."

Nope. Wrong.

The yellow flower really is called "rape." That's it's English name. Look it up if you don't believe me. And so the cooking oil really is rapeseed oil.

11 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Hero and brave

i appreciate grocery store workers and truck drivers during this but they aren’t heroes

its not brave to be 300lbs and wear a bikini. It’s not brave to be an Olympic superstar that cuts his junk off

This.

On 5/16/2020 at 7:46 PM, wiffleball said:

To be honest, 'gay' took a HUGE turn in the sixties.

Along with Queer. Queer used to mean odd, but the ghays took it over.

rape

I was going to say racism, but since that has been discussed, I'll go with "journalism".  That word used to connote a higher purpose; a calling to perform objective investigation and reporting.  Now they are hacks on both sides, mostly the left for the MSM, looking for clicks.

I read this on Yahoo this morning, via the NY Times.  The NY focking Times, which at one time was the pinnacle of journalism.  Now, hacks. :(

A Sitting President, Riling the Nation During a Crisis

Even by President Donald Trump’s standards, it was a rampage: He attacked a government whistleblower who was telling Congress that the coronavirus pandemic had been mismanaged. He criticized the governor of Pennsylvania, who has resisted reopening businesses. He railed against former President Barack Obama, linking him to a conspiracy theory and demanding he answer questions before the Senate about the federal investigation of Michael Flynn.

And Trump lashed out at Joe Biden, his Democratic challenger. In an interview with a supportive columnist, Trump smeared Biden as a doddering candidate who “doesn’t know he’s alive.” The caustic attack coincided with a barrage of digital ads from Trump’s campaign mocking Biden for verbal miscues and implying that he is in mental decline.

https://news.yahoo.com/sitting-president-riling-nation-during-154549053.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=1_04

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I was going to say racism, but since that has been discussed, I'll go with "journalism".  That word used to connote a higher purpose; a calling to perform objective investigation and reporting.  Now they are hacks on both sides, mostly the left for the MSM, looking for clicks.

I read this on Yahoo this morning, via the NY Times.  The NY focking Times, which at one time was the pinnacle of journalism.  Now, hacks. :(

https://news.yahoo.com/sitting-president-riling-nation-during-154549053.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=1_04

What's wrong with that?  You don't think Trump's meltdowns are newsworthy? Not a single word of the excerpt you posted was inaccurate.  Can you find a single example of a sitting US President ever attacking everyone who disagrees with him and accusing political rivals of being criminals?  You think good journalists would just overlook it? 

1 hour ago, The Observer said:

What's wrong with that?  You don't think Trump's meltdowns are newsworthy? Not a single word of the excerpt you posted was inaccurate.  Can you find a single example of a sitting US President ever attacking everyone who disagrees with him and accusing political rivals of being criminals?  You think good journalists would just overlook it? 

Well... I'll start with their assertion that linking Black Jeebus Barack Obama to Flynn is a "conspiracy theory."  Pro tip... it isn't a conspiracy theory.  

After that we can move on to PA's unwillingness to open despite science, and Biden's mental issues.

If your response is " but BUT$#@! Trump did those things, I win!" you are playing 1D chess, completely missed the point, and I just wasted 5 minutes of my life typing this.  :cheers: