Sign in to follow this  
joneo

Biden's VP search puts spotlight on how long he'll serve

Joe Biden has longed to win the White House for more than three decades. If he finally makes it there after November's election, he's already talking about leaving.

In an effort to ease concerns about his age, the 77-year-old presumptive Democratic nominee has said he wouldn't seek reelection if his mental or physical health declined. He has also referred to himself as a “transition candidate," acting as a bridge to a younger generation of leadership.

Biden is rarely known for sticking to a script, and the comments are evidence of his candid style. But they're also contributing to intense speculation about who is best positioned to lead the party after him.

“We do have a longer bench as Democrats, a younger bench in terms of elected leadership all across the country,” said Democratic strategist L. Joy Williams, chairwoman of Higher Heights PAC, which is dedicated to electing more women to national and statewide offices.

WTF???  This is so laughable and crazy. He's 77 years old and basically admitting he would hand the Presidency over to his VP. And he's their best candidate. Wow.

12 minutes ago, joneo said:

WTF???  This is so laughable and crazy. He's 77 years old and basically admitting he would hand the Presidency over to his VP. And he's their best candidate. Wow.

I'm seeing some "vote blue" bumper stickers pop up.  I'm starting to wonder if that hints at the future.  People will be so polarized that elections will be centered around the party with the actual candidates not saying much at all.  This election cycle might be one where the media really doesn't cover Biden's speeches at all, or heavily curates them.  Instead the media might focus on party officials giving speeches, prominent media stars making zingers, or past presidents giving some thoughts here or there.  And then by the way, vote Biden.

2 hours ago, joneo said:

The left has been starting to dull my surprise factor over the past many years.  After Obama hating that blacks and whites were starting to get along, and his husband in heels, hating America, and Killary spreading classified info from her personal server and killing people at Benghazi, and Obama and killary sending pallets of cash to the middle east to fund terrorism, and obama and killary sending uranium to Russia, and the left spending every waking moment for nearly 4 years taking tax payers money to troll Trump and do absolutely nothing else, and Biden running around talking about children petting his leg hair and wanting them to bounce in his lap and keeps fondling them and sniffing them and kissing them, well, I'm running out of surprise feelings when it comes to the left.

And then there are Newbie's running around bltching about some criminal snooping around in other people's homes and saying dude was just looking for a drink of water.

What is there left to say? This is what the left is trying to do. Desensitize people to the point that they don't give a shlt about this country anymore and want the government to take care of them so they can just forget about it all and retreat into their safe spaces.

That is the current day progressive liberal for ya.

If Abrams was the pick and Biden won, who would the Chinavirus kill first? 

18 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If Abrams was the pick and Biden won, who would the Chinavirus kill first? 

Whomever is at the top on cankles hit list.

14 hours ago, joneo said:

I didn't take it that way. Not as if he'd get elected and resign. He said he wouldn't run for re-election in 2024 if he didn't feel up to it mentally or physically.  Only reason it sounds like a big deal is because he's just an honest dude who says what's in his head instead of having a political strategy and following a script.  Same would be the case for Bernie Sanders, although he'd never be as honest as Biden was about it

The fun part might be when Biden and her lose, and then she spends the rest of her life claiming they won.....  😂

• Haha 1

Now people get credit for being honest about what is obvious. Lol. 

18 minutes ago, RLLD said:

The fun part might be when Biden and her lose, and then she spends the rest of her life claiming they won.....  😂

Well, I know one of the two candidates won't admit they lost if that's what the results show.  Pretty sure it won't be Biden

1 minute ago, The Observer said:

Well, I know one of the two candidates won't admit they lost if that's what the results show.  Pretty sure it won't be Biden

Yeah, I get that you are projecting the behaviors of Clinton and Abrams on to Trump, with no evidence to suggest its true other than you desperately want him to act like them, time will tell, it might be true that he does in fact act like a petulant democrat

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Yeah, I get that you are projecting the behaviors of Clinton and Abrams on to Trump, with no evidence to suggest its true other than you desperately want him to act like them, time will tell, it might be true that he does in fact act like a petulant democrat

Ouch, that's going to leave a mark.  :(

48 minutes ago, RLLD said:

We'll see (or not).  I can't imagine Donald Trump ever being humbled and gracious in a loss. If he loses something, it was rigged.  If he loses, the 2-1/2 months  between the loss and Biden's inauguration are going to be unreal. 

1 minute ago, The Observer said:

We'll see (or not).  I can't imagine Donald Trump ever being humbled and gracious in a loss. If he loses something, it was rigged.  If he loses, the 2-1/2 months  between the loss and Biden's inauguration are going to be unreal. 

It would be nonstop tweets about wacky conspiracies and criminal masterminds at work who plotted against him. That said, I see very little chance he doesn’t get re-elected in a landslide. 

21 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

It would be nonstop tweets about wacky conspiracies and criminal masterminds at work who plotted against him. That said, I see very little chance he doesn’t get re-elected in a landslide. 

Absolutely.  He's spent 3 and a half years dividing this country and that time will seem like it was led by Ghandi compared to what he'll try to do during the transition. 

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Like the Russians and Racists and voter suppression and Macedonian troll farms with Hillary? Trump has his work cut out for him trying to keep up with her crew.