The Observer

Customers refusing to wear a mask

43 minutes ago, Intense Observer said:

Proving my point, the only reason people wear masks is to avoid shame and ridicule by the Nazis.

Maybe I am interpreting their comments incorrectly, but it didn't sound like they were trying to avoid ridicule, rather attempt to keep other people safe.... :dunno:

4 minutes ago, KayJay1971 said:

Why stop here?

Don't wear a seat belt when you drive.

Fock random skanks without a condom.

Don't wear a helmet when you ride a motorcycle.  

Drink and drive if you feel like you haven't had too much to drink.

I mean if you are going to live free, you should REALLY LIVE FREE!

Those all have science, data backing them up.

Masks do not.

Even the great Dr Fauci said it was pointless to wear masks.

To be clear, the people in these videos asking to speak to the manager are as stupid as the newbie/MDC/we're all gonna die types.

My comments are all about the science, fear mongering, and public shaming of wearing masks.

50 minutes ago, Intense Observer said:

Our governor "mandated" masks last Saturday, after 4 months of COVID-19 running freely through grocery stores. That is like putting a condom on after she is 4 months pregnant.

Most sheriff's departments said they will not be prosecuting anyone for not wearing a mask.

None of the stores are stopping people from shopping if they are not wearing a mask.

Of 200k people we have less than 100 cases and 5 deaths.

I have a pack of masks but choose not to wear them. I am healthy.

The main reason I don't wear a mask though is to show others that it is okay to not wear one. Masks are not beneficial outside of healthcare workers. Most who wear masks are not doing it for health reasons they are doing it because they are told to and are shamed if they choose not to. The more people see others without masks the more comfortable they will feel not wearing one.

Live free or die 

:thumbsup:

48 minutes ago, Intense Observer said:

Our governor "mandated" masks last Saturday, after 4 months of COVID-19 running freely through grocery stores. That is like putting a condom on after she is 4 months pregnant.

Most sheriff's departments said they will not be prosecuting anyone for not wearing a mask.

None of the stores are stopping people from shopping if they are not wearing a mask.

Of 200k people we have less than 100 cases and 5 deaths.

I have a pack of masks but choose not to wear them. I am healthy.

The main reason I don't wear a mask though is to show others that it is okay to not wear one. Masks are not beneficial outside of healthcare workers. Most who wear masks are not doing it for health reasons they are doing it because they are told to and are shamed if they choose not to. The more people see others without masks the more comfortable they will feel not wearing one.

Live free or die 

They're mandating the mask wearing this late into the pandemic to prepare for a safer reopening.  They know we don't have a vacaine and the virus still exists among us and they are trying to give us tools to make reopening safer to keep the number of new cases down.  Wearing a mask, any mask, stops up to 75% of coronavirus droplet transmission. This is not up for debate., This is proven. Sneeze with a mask on and sneeze without. Which one do you suppose sprays your spit farther?  It's not rocket science.  A third grader would be able to figure that out.

The same people who have been whining like babies for weeks about reopening are the same ones refusing to make the tiniest little sacrifice to help make it a successful one.  And will inevitably be the ones crying loudest if a surge forces states to close things back up again.  Why is it always the guys who measure their manliness by how big their pickup trucks are or how many guns they own?    Not every Trump supporter is a selfish asswhole who won't wear a mask. But every selfish asswhole who won't wear a mask is a Trump supporter.  

3 minutes ago, The Observer said:

They're mandating the mask wearing this late into the pandemic to prepare for a safer reopening.  They know we don't have a vacaine and the virus still exists among us and they are trying to give us tools to make reopening safer to keep the number of new cases down.  Wearing a mask, any mask, stops up to 75% of coronavirus droplet transmission. This is not up for debate., This is proven. Sneeze with a mask on and sneeze without. Which one do you suppose sprays your spit farther?  It's not rocket science.  A third grader would be able to figure that out.

The same people who have been whining like babies for weeks about reopening are the same ones refusing to make the tiniest little sacrifice to help make it a successful one.  And will inevitably be the ones crying loudest if a surge forces states to close things back up again.  Why is it always the guys who measure their manliness by how big their pickup trucks are or how many guns they own?    Not every Trump supporter is a selfish asswhole who won't wear a mask. But every selfish asswhole who won't wear a mask is a Trump supporter.  

I was about to agree with your statement and then you lost me with the last sentence. I support Trump and I live in a county that it is mandatory to wear a mask outside in public places. I always wear it and don't find it is really inconvenient. To say that ALL people that will not wear a mask are Trump supporters seems silly. You are better than this Newbie. 

2 minutes ago, KayJay1971 said:

I was about to agree with your statement and then you lost me with the last sentence. I support Trump and I live in a county that it is mandatory to wear a mask outside in public places. I always wear it and don't find it is really inconvenient. To say that ALL people that will not wear a mask are Trump supporters seems silly. You are better than this Newbie. 

That's what I said.  I said that not everyone who supports Trump is a selfish asswhole.  I have many Trump supporter friends who wear a mask

1 minute ago, The Observer said:

That's what I said.  I said that not everyone who supports Trump is a selfish asswhole.  I have many Trump supporter friends who wear a mask

But you did say:

But every selfish asswhole who won't wear a mask is a Trump supporter.  

I know plenty of Dems that are not wearing masks in neighboring counties. 

2 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Read!  Hes countering your every selfish a$shole that doesnt wear a mask is a Trump supporter claim.

1 minute ago, KayJay1971 said:

But you did say:

He can’t keep up with his own bullshit. 

But you did say:

It is 100% the case with people I know personally and also 100% the case with people commenting on this board.  I stand by that statement.

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He can’t keep up with his own bullshit. 

3 minutes ago, KayJay1971 said:

But you did say:

Stand down boys, hes trolling.  Even he knows he full of sh!t on this one.

People who have claimed they won't/don't wear a mask: Strike, 12th Man, Drobeski, Intense Observer. 

4 for 4 Trump guys.  🍿

People who have claimed they won't/don't wear a mask: Strike, 12th Man, Drobeski, Intense Observer. 

4 for 4 Trump guys.  🍿

You should be wearing your mask because of your co-morbidity, like Pelosi said. 

10 minutes ago, The Observer said:

I don't believe you. 

4 minutes ago, The Observer said:

4 for 4 Trump guys.  🍿

cdub makes it 5 out of 5.  Like I said, every selfish asswhole who doesn't wear a mask is a trump supporter.  Thankfully, a lot of Trump supporters have commented that they do wear a mask. 

My question is, why the political divide?  It's the Trumpers pushing hardest to reopen. So you'd think it'd be the Trumpers trying hardest to make the reopening safe. So thyey can say I told you so. Yet, every 'fock wearing a mnask' person I know is a Trump supporter.  Why?  Can one of them answer that?

Is it, "I'm not playing into the media's fear mongering"? or is it "Trump doesn't wear one so he doesn't want me to wear one"?   It can't be a coincidence.  It's pretty much 100% to 0%  

8 minutes ago, The Observer said:

My question is, why the political divide?  It's the Trumpers pushing hardest to reopen. So you'd think it'd be the Trumpers trying hardest to make the reopening safe. So thyey can say I told you so. Yet, every 'fock wearing a mnask' person I know is a Trump supporter.  Why?  Can one of them answer that?

Is it, "I'm not playing into the media's fear mongering"? or is it "Trump doesn't wear one so he doesn't want me to wear one"?   It can't be a coincidence.  It's pretty much 100% to 0%  

Well I can tell you that my personal experience has non Trump supporters refusing to wear a mask as well. 

9 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Didn’t know so many black people are Trump supporters.  Lots of pictures from their neighborhoods and no one is wearing a mask. 

3 minutes ago, KayJay1971 said:

Well I can tell you that my personal experience has non Trump supporters refusing to wear a mask as well. 

Right, not at all..

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Didn’t know so many black people are Trump supporters.  Lots of pictures from their neighborhoods and no one is wearing a mask. 

This guy is on to something.

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I'm not talking about people on the boardwalk or on the street.  That's stupidity.  Thinking they're safe outside. Plenty is foolish people on both sides.  I'm talking about refusing to wear them at establishments that require one. People taking a stand against masks. 

Just now, The Observer said:

I'm not talking about people on the boardwalk or on the street.  That's stupidity.  Thinking they're safe outside. Plenty is foolish people on both sides.  I'm talking about refusing to wear them at establishments that require one. People taking a stand against masks. 

Again I know people that absolutely do not support Trump and they are refusing to wear a mask in a store. 

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’m more worried about Karen then I am of getting the chinavirus.  That’s why I wear it for the most part. 

Newbie is a karen

I wear a mask at work when in the company of others. I don't wear them anywhere else. The policy is 6 feet.  Ill keep my distance,  you keep yours. Pretty simple.  

9 minutes ago, drobeski said:

I wear a mask at work when in the company of others. I don't wear them anywhere else. The policy is 6 feet.  Ill keep my distance,  you keep yours. Pretty simple.  

How about the grocery store? How about the Home Depot?

39 minutes ago, The Observer said:

cdub makes it 5 out of 5.  Like I said, every selfish asswhole who doesn't wear a mask is a trump supporter.  Thankfully, a lot of Trump supporters have commented that they do wear a mask. 

When I go to the store I wear a stupid mask. Meet with my builder today and they had to give me a mask because I didn't have one and it's their company policy. We all laughed about how stupid it was, but I wore it because one guy asked. 

I'm giving you puzzies a little leeway because I know you're mentally ill and will chimp out, but I won't be wearing it for long. I'll give it another couple weeks and then I won't participate in your continued science base denial.

Sorry not sorry.

10 minutes ago, The Observer said:

How about the grocery store? How about the Home Depot?

Nope I maintain my 6 per policy don't go to grocery store, BJs delivers. 

Next question Karen ?

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

When I go to the store I wear a stupid mask. Meet with my builder today and they had to give me a mask because I didn't have one and it's their company policy. We all laughed about how stupid it was, but I wore it because one guy asked. 

I'm giving you puzzies a little leeway because I know you're mentally ill and will chimp out, but I won't be wearing it for long. I'll give it another couple weeks and then I won't participate in your continued science base denial.

Sorry not sorry.

Just out of curiosity, why would you not wear a mask? Is it because of inconvenience or discomfort? Or something else all together? Personally they do not bother me in the least and if it helps protect others, it's the least I can do. 

• Like 1

Still nobody can explain why the political divide.

Work vs not working? 

Just out of curiosity, why would you not wear a mask? Is it because of inconvenience or discomfort? Or something else all together? Personally they do not bother me in the least and if it helps protect others, it's the least I can do. 

How does it help protect others?  Are you infected with Covid?

I think this whole thing is a little overblown.  Perhaps more.  

I have tried to limit my time out in stores.  But when I do go I just put on the mask.  It isnt that difficult in my opinion.  I could make it difficult but Im not 13.

Just now, Strike said:

I have not been tested so I don;t know for sure. I do not have any signs or symptoms, but I do go in to work every day and I am exposed to 50 ish people on any given day. If one of them fockers sneezed on me without a mask on I would not feel very safe. My wife is working from home and has very little exposure to other people so if she was going to get it, it would most likely be through me. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

Ive never been tested let alone recently.  So I have no idea if I have it.  I have a very strong immune system and havent been sick in years.  I would be one of the ones who show no symptoms.  

If we want to go into the scientific stuff and what I believe then I dont know.  Im not a scientist nor do any sort of studies.   Id be arrogant to think I know what is a lie and what is not.  What is overblown and what is not.   

Ive hungout with friends here and there.  I golf all the time with 3 others.  Im far from scared.  But to amuse others in stores and to protect myself from dirtt scumbags who may have it...I just wear the stupid mask.  

Just now, KayJay1971 said:

I have not been tested so I don;t know for sure. I do not have any signs or symptoms, but I do go in to work every day and I am exposed to 50 ish people on any given day. If one of them fockers sneezed on me without a mask on I would not feel very safe. My wife is working from home and has very little exposure to other people so if she was going to get it, it would most likely be through me. 

Ok it makes sense for you to wear a mask.  I literally have zero physical interaction with anyone other than my GF, except when we go out shopping, which happens once every couple of weeks at best.  IOW, in between my interactions with other people I meet the self quarantine standards defined by the government.  I've been doing that for over two months.  I hope you can see why I would not be helping anyone avoid this virus by wearing a mask.  Given the extreme measures I've taken to ensure I'm not infected, the one little ask in return that I make on society is that when I do have to venture in to it I don't have to wear a mask for no good reason.

Just now, KayJay1971 said:

1. I do not believe COVID19 is any worse than the flu. Studies like the Santa Clare, Kansas and NY studies show that the virus was here as early as december and the infection rate is as high as 50% of the confirmed cases in some places.

2. Since most people are asymptomatic or get a mild flu no worse than seasonal flu I do not see a need for extra percussion

3. The goal is never to get sick. It was to flatten the curve. All of us will probably get it at some point No I'm not going out trying to get sick, but if I do I can more to #4

4. We have treatments that doctors have verified works. It's weird a treatment has become political but people have such blind rage for Orange man anything he says is bad. The truth is doctors are prescribing these extremely low-cost treatments all over the world and continue to do so every day

5. I'm not going to accept a bunch of mentally ill people tell me staying locked up in a home is the new normal. Just because they don't want to go back to work or are afraid to leave their rooms doesn't mean I have to be.

6. If someone falls into #5 I shouldn't have to change my ways because they are scared and misinformed. That's on them and they can stay home and watch CNN for all I care.

I hope that answers your question. As I said I will continue to wear a mask for a short while longer out of respect for my common man, but I refuse to accept thier new normal. It's time we listen to the science and move forward not backward and to me that's what the masks represent. 

11 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Still nobody can explain why the political divide.

One side looks at the science data and the other side is mentally ill and only knows they were scared in Feburay and haven't caught up yet. I'll let you guess which side is which.

Indoors at like an Ace or a grocery store, I wear one.  I also wipe down carts if they have wipes. I think it is common courtesy to the people who work there and spend 8+ hours per day with people, many of whom (according to this thread anyway) don't share that courtesy.  While I may believe in herd immunity, it is not my job to decide for them.  Our Ace for instance seems to have employees who are either 25 or 70 years old; I don't want to get an elderly person sick.  As for Strike's question:  I don't know if I have it.  You seem confident that you've avoided it, good for you.

Outdoors, for exercise anyway, no thanks.  We've been lucky that AZ has encouraged us to get out and enjoy the great weather.  With gyms closed and living close to a mountain preserve, there have been more people in our neighborhood, and on the hiking trails.  On the trails we've adopted this tacit process where one of the parties steps off of the trail and faces the other way.  Seems to work fine, haven't run into a single Karen.  Occasionally I'll see someone in a mask, usually older and usually on the road.  I just jog around them, problem solved.

The last time I got sick was when a person at worked coughed directly on me as I walked past them in the same aisle. But they turned away from someone else to do so and ended up splattering me unbeknownst to the cougher. Had no idea I was cruising past at the time. Mostly an accident. Think about it