5 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Well CDub bout to get owned.  A protest is scheduled up Hall road in Sterling Heights from the golden b*tthole eastward on Saturday.

Oh, good grief.

What's the Golden B*tthole?

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

Oh, good grief.

What's the Golden B*tthole?

The big golden ring sterling heights spent like 500K on.  Many people call it the golden b*tthole

God I am so glad I live in small town Michigan. 

2 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Well CDub bout to get owned.  A protest is scheduled up Hall road in Sterling Heights from the golden b*tthole eastward on Saturday.

This is MAGA country.

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

Ugh.

Put it someplace more appropriate. Ferndale can have it for free if they are willing to pay the relocation expense.

6 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Ugh.

Put it someplace more appropriate. Ferndale can have it for free if they are willing to pay the relocation expense.

Gotta love an article about a golden butt hole that contains the words gaping and erect in the first line.  

"If the city of Sterling Heights wasn't on the map before, it is now, thanks to a very expensive and gaping monument erected earlier this month."

4 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Gotta love an article about a golden butt hole that contains the words gaping and erect in the first line.  

"If the city of Sterling Heights wasn't on the map before, it is now, thanks to a very expensive and gaping monument erected earlier this month."

Nice!  My money is on that not being an accident; we've got a clever writer here.  You should invite him to join FFT.  :cheers:

• Like 1

Just got a message protester will be protesting from 8 mile to 12 mile ending at Warren City Hall. Glad I'm not a work right now.

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Just got a message protester will be protesting from 8 mile to 12 mile ending at Warren City Hall. Glad I'm not a work right now.

On Van Dyke?

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

On Van Dyke?

Yes

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

Yes

What time?  That's getting a  little close to home for me.

I mean I am all for change, as long as I can limit my outrage to social media.

4 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

What time?  That's getting a  little close to home for me.

I mean I am all for change, as long as I can limit my outrage to social media.

Starting at 1700

36 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I normally work directly across Van Dyke from city hall. Won’t be going back any time soon

1 minute ago, nospk said:

I normally work directly across Van Dyke from city hall. Won’t be going back any time soon

Tech Center?

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

Tech Center?

Yes I don’t miss that place one bit and hope to never return. 

Just now, nospk said:

Yes I don’t miss that place one bit and hope to never return. 

It's massive is all I really know about it. Never been inside though.

Just now, supermike80 said:

We should meet at Limelight one day

I could do that, but haven’t been to the Tech center since March 10. Working at home for 80% pay. 

3 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

We should meet at Limelight one day

:thumbsup: 

Those protestors better not do anything to Martins Deli.

Just now, nospk said:

I could do that, but haven’t been to the Tech center since March 10. Working at home for 80% pay. 

Same but 100% pay. I'd take a 20% cut to never go back though.

Just now, Cdub100 said:

Same but 100% pay. I'd take a 20% cut to never go back though.

I love Martins, great sliders!
They promised us we will be paid back with 6% interest by the end of March next year. Regular full pay supposed to return around November

1 minute ago, nospk said:

I love Martins, great sliders!
They promised us we will be paid back with 6% interest by the end of March next year. Regular full pay supposed to return around November

Damn that's a great deal too.

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Damn that's a great deal too.

Its great if you are able to get by for 8 months on 80% pay. Not a problem for me, but it might be for the younger, lower paid folks with more bills to pay than me

16 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

16 hours ago, supermike80 said:

On Van Dyke?

What are the odds this will be peaceful? I don't trust them to keep it so. Un-focking-welcome. Not worth the risk. Nobody in Warren wants to nor should have to deal with that sh*t. Same with Hall Road. The major reason people (including black people) moved out of the city was to get away from this. 

Van Dyke. I knew that area inside out since I use to deliver pizza all up in there from Ryan to Schoenherr/Groesbeck and 8 Mile to 696 while I was at Wayne State. Later I also substitute taught in the Lincoln School district.  This is way too close to home. If they were marching up Gratiot, my head would explode. They'll need civic-minded people, lots of them, armed, to come out of their feeder side streets and protect the businesses on Van Dyke as well as be alert. I'd do it. But how do you organize something like that?

Hopefully it's peaceful and hopefully they keep walking to their destination.

2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

What are the odds this will be peaceful? I don't trust them to keep it so. Un-focking-welcome. Not worth the risk. Nobody in Warren wants to nor should have to deal with that sh*t. Same with Hall Road. The major reason people (including black people) moved out of the city was to get away from this. 

Van Dyke. I knew that area inside out since I use to deliver pizza all up in there from Ryan to Schoenherr/Groesbeck and 8 Mile to 696 while I was at Wayne State. Later I also substitute taught in the Lincoln School district.  This is way too close to home. If they were marching up Gratiot, my head would explode. They'll need civic-minded people, lots of them, armed, to come out of their feeder side streets and protect the businesses on Van Dyke as well as be alert. I'd do it. But how do you organize something like that?

Hopefully it's peaceful and hopefully they keep walking to their destination.

News is saying it was peaceful.  If you look at the majority of the posters, you would understand why.  About 100 people.  Not too many

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

News is saying it was peaceful.  If you look at the majority of the posters, you would understand why.  About 100 people.  Not too many

Oh good, it's already over before I knew it started. Hopefully Hall Road goes the same way.

24 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I'm reading about it now. Good. Hopefully Hall Road goes the same way.

I'm reading about it now. Good. Hopefully Hall Road goes the same way.

Well when you consider the makeup there, it will be similar to the Van Dyke one I imagine

There was construction along Hall Road two years ago when I was there last time. It was around the Somerset Mall area. I suppose that's long been finished?

4 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

There was construction along Hall Road two years ago when I was there last time. It was around the Somerset Mall area. I suppose that's long been finished?

Somerset mall is 16 mile, not Hall.  And there is a giant I-75 construction project in that area that has everything all messed up

9 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Somerset mall is 16 mile, not Hall.  And there is a giant I-75 construction project in that area that has everything all messed up

OK, I'd meant Partridge Creek. A retailer there, I don't recall, was going out of business, the shirt I wore today was from there actually. The construction was around there the summer before last. They're both a bit north for me whereas South Warren I know.

. I-75 is far to the west in Oakland County whereas this is Sterling Heights. You're saying constuction there is relevant to the march route along Hall Road? I'm mostly concerned with some knucklehead picking up something and tossing it at cops or through a storefront window. If there's construction on the route, there's debris everywhere.

OK, I'd meant Partridge Creek.  The construction was around there the summer before last. They're both a bit north for me whereas South Warren I know.

. I-75 is far to the west in Oakland County whereas this is Sterling Heights. You're saying constuction there is relevant to the march route along Hall Road? I'm mostly concerned with some knucklehead picking up something and tossing it at cops or through a storefront window. If there's construction on the route, there's debris everywhere.

No.....The protests wont be near the construction. I think Hall road is all done.  Now that the golden B*tthole is in

6 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

No.....The protests wont be near the construction. I think Hall road is all done.  Now that the golden B*tthole is in

Yes hall road is all done now.

Whitmer has a fat stomach.  Ever notice that? 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Whitmer has a fat stomach.  Ever notice that? 

She's the same age as I am, 48. She's held up better than most. Still looks OK to me. Of all my gripes, her looks/stomach aren't one. Something about the eyebrows though, like McDonald's golden arches or something.

So my buddy who lives off van dyke said there's a huge Trump train rolling through. 200 motor cycles, pick up trucks and a M939.

I'm hoping for a quite evening but we'll see. Protest is set to beging at 430 and go till 630

• Like 1