Sign in to follow this  
Ironmen

Montravius Adams stopped for suspended registration and then...

Why? I thought weed was legal, I mean here in Reno there are businesses that sale it. 

I was driving around with a suspended registration based on the dmv being closed, here in Nevada you can go dmv web site and down load a paper that gives you permission to drive with a suspended registration based on the dmv is closed.  

Its good for 90 after the dmv here opens up, but that hasn’t happen yet, as for the car insurance, heck yeah it’s way to expensive anyway. 

So what’s the problem. 

Thanks. 

32 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Why? I thought weed was legal, I mean here in Reno there are businesses that sale it. 

I was driving around with a suspended registration based on the dmv being closed, here in Nevada you can go dmv web site and down load a paper that gives you permission to drive with a suspended registration based on the dmv is closed.  

Its good for 90 after the dmv here opens up, but that hasn’t happen yet, as for the car insurance, heck yeah it’s way to expensive anyway. 

So what’s the problem. 

Thanks. 

Trolls will be trolls.

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

So what’s the problem. 

Thanks. 

Suspended registration is just a slap on the wrist.  Just pay a few bucks and that's it.  I think the problem is Georgia's marijuana laws.  States vary on marijuana's legality.  I don't know where Georgia stands, but still, if you are in possession of it, it's possible that you can still be charged with DUI... just like alcohol.  Alcohol is perfectly legal to buy and consume, but you can't have any in your system while driving.

I’m sure that’s the case from state to state, I don’t know anything about the weed law, I’m not involved with weed in any way , as for the registration issue, I know here in Reno if you lapse on your Car insurance you get a notice to remove your license plates and to return them to the dmv. 

But with the covid issue we all have been living with, they issued a 90 pass on paying it since the dmv as been closed, it was really weird for me to be driving with no registration and my drivers license expired this last April, so, I was also driving with out a new license, and I have a class a , but we down loaded a notice from the dmv that gives you a pass on both Incase for some reason you had some kind of police investigation about something. And the 90 day pass expires after the dmv opens, which it has done so here yet.  

On 5/22/2020 at 4:17 PM, TBayXXXVII said:

Suspended registration is just a slap on the wrist.  Just pay a few bucks and that's it.  I think the problem is Georgia's marijuana laws.  States vary on marijuana's legality.  I don't know where Georgia stands, but still, if you are in possession of it, it's possible that you can still be charged with DUI... just like alcohol.  Alcohol is perfectly legal to buy and consume, but you can't have any in your system while driving.

So is there a difference between a suspended registration and an expired one?

Suspended sounds serious, where expired sounds like a missed detail.

Just like a license. If you have a suspended license, you should not be driving. 

11 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

So is there a difference between a suspended registration and an expired one?

Suspended sounds serious, where expired sounds like a missed detail.

Just like a license. If you have a suspended license, you should not be driving. 

Yeah, I was thinking suspended the same a expired.  Don't know why.  Good catch.

On 5/22/2020 at 4:17 PM, TBayXXXVII said:

Georgia has fairly strict laws. A small amount of weed is enough to get him arrested and possibly even jail time. It wouldn't come to that, probably just a fine but still, not a good situation.

10 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Georgia has fairly strict laws. A small amount of weed is enough to get him arrested and possibly even jail time. It wouldn't come to that, probably just a fine but still, not a good situation.

You'd think that athlete's more specifically football players, would have learned by now that while weed may be more acceptable in some states than in others, that it's still best to stay away from the stuff while they have a professional sports career.  I guess having common sense is too much to ask for though.