Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

How is there not a dead MLB pitcher from a come backer?

No idea. When I pitch playing softball I wear a mask now. Also ways scared me as a kid pitching hardball too.

I was never a pitcher as a kid. This one time, the pitcher quit pitching and dropped the ball to the ground right there at the "mound".  Like 5 of us all scampered to the ball to pitch for him.  I won the race and got to pitch.  The first pitch I threw was a comebacker that hit me square in the mouth before I could get a glove up.  I was bleeding and my lip was swollen for weeks.  I actually got gun shy at the plate when hitting after that.

I have pitched since I was about 7 up to still do in my summer beer league. I have had about 4 balls hit at my head in my life that were dangerous but never been hit.

I can't imagine playing with actual quality hitters. It is truly amazing somebody hasn't does yet

9 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

No idea. When I pitch playing softball I wear a mask now. Also ways scared me as a kid pitching hardball too.

You should intimidate them. 

This is a great question.  When I was 13 our team played a practice game where the coaches umped; since they didn't have gear one of the coaches called balls and strikes from behind the mound.  He got hit in the nose and started bleeding profusely.  I had been thinking of being a doctor, but that event changed my mind.  Thankfully our coach was an EMT in real life and handled it.

Pitched professionally and it never crossed my mind.  Now, as a parent, especially in little league, it scared the heck out of me.

14 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Do you keep 6 feet away at all times too?

Pitched all the way up through HS. Had a few hit back to me but either caught them or deflected them. Only seen one person actually get beamed by one. Was during practice and one of the guys wanted to throw BP who never really threw BP. First baseman knocks it right back to him. Tagged him right in the forehead and knocked his ass backward and knocked out. Ended up with a concussion and a big ass knot on his head. Called him unicorn after that 

I like how if you catch it off the pitchers head the batter is out. Teamwork at its best. 

33 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Pitched all the way up through HS. 

Than you started catching in college? :dunno:

2 hours ago, edjr said:

Do you keep 6 feet away at all times too?

Always

2 hours ago, frank said:

Than you started catching in college? :dunno:

Be nice Frank. He just found a cure for Corona virus. 

Just goes to show that the human skull evolved  into a pretty durable brain holder.