Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

soooo this is how my day went

Had a gust of wind rock the kayak and flip me today. Got my foot caught inside and almost drown. Lost my phone, My fishing rod and reel and got my key soaking wet. I was too tired to keep swimming so I drug my ass though 1,000 yards of reeds on my hand and knees to get to dry land.

25 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

Had a gust of wind rock the kayak and flip me today. Got my foot caught inside and almost drown. Lost my phone, My fishing rod and reel and got my key soaking wet. I was too tired to keep swimming so I drug my ass though 1,000 yards of reeds on my hand and knees to get to dry land.

wheres your other hand?

Artie Langs mother told him he was too fat to fish. 

47 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Artie Langs mother told him he was too fat to fish. 

I know through it all, Artie loves his mother. Too bad she warned him off the wrong recreational activity.

Last time I checked in on Artie, on the Joe Rogan podcast six months ago or so, he was 8 months sober and a reliable booking for shows.

11 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I know through it all, Artie loves his mother. Too bad she warned him off the wrong recreational activity.

Last time I checked in on Artie, on the Joe Rogan podcast six months ago or so, he was 8 months sober and a reliable booking for shows.

I read his book. It was an unfunny whinefest, the only funny part was the title. I kept waiting for it to get good. It never did and I threw it out when I was done. I wouldn’t  even give it to someone else. Just mad I gave him a little bit of money for some more smack. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I read his book. It was an unfunny whinefest, the only funny part was the title. I kept waiting for it to get good. It never did and I threw it out when I was done. I wouldn’t  even give it to someone else. Just mad I gave him a little bit of money for some more smack. 

As of six months ago, this was like his 13th attempt at getting sober. He can never stick to the regimen. But hope is eternal, he was back on the wagon, he'd gotten really far along, he was pushing a record for personal sobriety so... eh... I was wondering if you'd had an update with that.

Still funny as hell. I don't know why his book flopped, you read it so would know better than me.

15 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

RIP to your phone

This.  Ts & Ps :(

4 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

As of six months ago, this was like his 13th attempt at getting sober. He can never stick to the regimen. But hope is eternal, he was back on the wagon, he'd gotten really far along, he was pushing a record for personal sobriety so... eh... I was wondering if you'd had an update with that.

Still funny as hell. I don't know why his book flopped, you read it so would know better than me.

He looked a lot better last I saw him, can’t remember. I do like he’s talking more trash about Howard.  He brought up Dana Plato and how Howard treated her the day before she killed herself. Howard sat back and let callers go after her. Punk

I don't mean to hijack kilroy's thread, much like Artie, I'm glad you're not dead kilroy. That must have been pretty traumatic. I remember one time I went swimming on a hike while fording a river with my shoes on and... it wasn't but 30-40 yards, I'm not a great swimmer but I can do that easily (when I'm not wearing shoes.) I'd never tried to swim with my shoes on before nor ever again, I was about to take my shoes off, which I knew would have royally focked me over on the rest of the hike, but it was my only hope, when I got rescued.

Rivers can be scary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kilroy69 said:

How is the kayak?

25 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

How is the kayak?

It was about a half inch above the water line but I towed it back with my other kayak. 

Damn...scary...glad your ok!!  Glad no pike tried to eat your red wiggler.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kopy said:

Sooooo,

Did you catch anything?

:dunno:

I’m always a day late and a dollar short

3 hours ago, Voltaire said:

I don't mean to hijack kilroy's thread, much like Artie, I'm glad you're not dead kilroy. That must have been pretty traumatic. I remember one time I went swimming on a hike while fording a river with my shoes on and... it wasn't but 30-40 yards, I'm not a great swimmer but I can do that easily (when I'm not wearing shoes.) I'd never tried to swim with my shoes on before nor ever again, I was about to take my shoes off, which I knew would have royally focked me over on the rest of the hike, but it was my only hope, when I got rescued.

Rivers can be scary.

I had jeans and boots on. It was like swimming with a blanket on. I got to the reeds and every time I tried to step i fell through. So I literally crawled through reeds on my hands and knees. when my kayak flipped my tackle box pinned my foot inside and for a few seconds I was sinking down and facing up. I literally thought....so this is it. Just fuckinngg great. 

5 hours ago, riversco said:

wheres your other hand?

It’s bad enough he only has one key. 

Just now, MTSkiBum said:

Pretty scary.

What rod/feel did you lose?

one of my penn battle 2 4000s with a berkley rod 

21 minutes ago, frank said:

It’s bad enough he only has one key. 

And it got soaking wet. Hope the key makes it. 

3 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

And it got soaking wet. Hope the key makes it. 

the key is an electronic key fob that has to be dry to throw a spark to my ignition. If it gets soaked it will stop working and I can' start my car. 

12 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

the key is an electronic key fob that has to be dry to throw a spark to my ignition. If it gets soaked it will stop working and I can' start my car. 

K

was thinking Simple house key. Happy you ain’t a dead. 

Good job not dying.

31 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

and I can' start my car. 

I did t realize you were Scottish. This story is starting to sound made up. 

22 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

Holding his ding-a-ling-a-ling.

He was fishing in Turtle Creek ? With all those snappers ?

• Haha 1