Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

Freeman to sit

https://www.nfl.com/news/devonta-freeman-willing-to-sit-out-2020-season-over-contract-desires

not a bright move on his part.    I think he will sit the rest of  his career.

def  should have taken the Seahawks offer.

If he has money saved and thinks he's not getting offered what he's worth, that's fine.

If he thinks he's going to get a better contract offer after sitting out a year, he's deluded.

Yeah, if he's not signing because he thinks he's worth more than what's being offered, it looks like Freeman just retired.

In other words he's retiring

Also when Bell sat out one year (not two like the article said) he got less that the Steelers offered him to play the year he sat out.  The guaranteed money was higher with the jets though.  

6 hours ago, Bill E. said:

Also when Bell sat out one year (not two like the article said) he got less that the Steelers offered him to play the year he sat out.  The guaranteed money was higher with the jets though.  

I thought that too, but then I re-read it and noticed that the article said Bell "held out two years ago", not that he held out for two years.

Bell got more guaranteed money spelled out from the Jets, but in the end, he probably got less money.  From what I heard, and I could be wrong, the Steelers offered Bell $14M per year.  Now, while they weren't guaranteeing any of the money, I think it's safe to say that the Steelers weren't going to cut him after 1 year.  Bell is only guaranteed $25M from the Jets... but he won't see remainder of that money until after this coming season.  Had he signed with the Steelers, he'd have already had $28M going on $42M.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I thought that too, but then I re-read it and noticed that the article said Bell "held out two years ago", not that he held out for two years.

Bell got more guaranteed money spelled out from the Jets, but in the end, he probably got less money.  From what I heard, and I could be wrong, the Steelers offered Bell $14M per year.  Now, while they weren't guaranteeing any of the money, I think it's safe to say that the Steelers weren't going to cut him after 1 year.  Bell is only guaranteed $25M from the Jets... but he won't see remainder of that money until after this coming season.  Had he signed with the Steelers, he'd have already had $28M going on $42M.

If Bell had known that wack job Antonio Brown was going to be gone after another year, he might have stayed for the money.  But some things you just can't be paid enough to put up with.

Like imagine if you had to go to work every day, and weepaws was there...