Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

What's your favorite outdoors / camping accessory?

What's your favorite outdoors / camping accessory?  Like maybe a really nice backpack, sleeping bag, tent, or cooking setup, or something that you don't really need but must have when you go outdoors or are camping / hiking?

Don't really camp but we hike all of the time.  With the sun in AZ, water and a good hat are must haves.  My hat is a Tilley, something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Tilley-T5MO-Organic-Cotton-Underbrim/dp/B003NTWKNK/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=tilley+hats+for+men&qid=1590358799&sr=8-1

For water I have two; a larger backpack for longer/summer hikes, and a fanny pack for shorter/not-summer, and also road runs.  For the smaller fanny pack I have an Amphipod, something like this.  It fits my cell phone so I can play music and/or take pics.

https://www.amazon.com/Amphipod-Profile-Bottle-Waistpack-Charcoal/dp/B07NWY5Y6V/ref=sr_1_4?crid=194HVB0DUGAHW&dchild=1&keywords=amphipod+airflow+lite+waistpack&qid=1590359113&sprefix=ampipod%2Caps%2C204&sr=8-4

• Like 1

I never go camping without your mom. Must have. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

I never go camping without your mom. Must have. 

G0ddammit!  Beat me to it. :mad: :lol: :cheers:

• Thanks 1

We camped 4-5 times last year, and I really hope the Texas state parks open up shortly for reservations. We were looking forward to camping again this year.

With 2 young kids, they love the Pie Irons and cooking the food themselves.

https://www.amazon.com/Rome-Industries-1705-Sandwich-Cooker/dp/B000FNLXWG/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=pie+irons&qid=1590372560&sr=8-4

I love my pack, tent, and quilt but those are all things that I put a lot of research into and cost quite a bit. They have a lot of value but also very high expectations.

My favorite item was a relatively inexpensive impulse buy at an REI sale. Prana Brion pants that are the most comfortable and durable pants I've ever worn. They have survived scrambling down scree fields on my butt, glissading down snow fields, and slipping and falling down desert rocks. Not to mention brushes with hundreds of thorns and cacti. Highly recommend the Brions of you want  pair of durable, comfortable outdoor pants that look good enough to wear around town. 

Link

• Like 1

Not sure if i have a favorite thing per se.....though having a strong and multi-faceted cutting tool is sure nice.

On 5/24/2020 at 5:12 PM, riversco said:

What's your favorite outdoors / camping accessory?  Like maybe a really nice backpack, sleeping bag, tent, or cooking setup, or something that you don't really need but must have when you go outdoors or are camping / hiking?

Dr. Pepper

When we camp, we keep it simple. Usually by beach, river, or lake.

love our tent. Typically just me, mrs, daughter, dog. Nothing special.... But could probably get 2-3 more people in there. Can unzip roof and star gaze, etc

also dig our beach chairs. 

I hate camping and have never done it as a adult but isn’t bottle opener the correct answer?

12 minutes ago, Bert said:

I hate camping and have never done it as a adult but isn’t bottle opener the correct answer?

No real man needs a bottle opener. There are plenty of ways to open a bottle. Now a can opener on the other hand....

31 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

No real man needs a bottle opener. There are plenty of ways to open a bottle. Now a can opener on the other hand....

Why do you need a can opener while camping ?

1 hour ago, TommyGavin said:

Why do you need a can opener while camping ?

To open cans.  :dunno:

19 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

To open cans.  :dunno:

The only can I can see opening on a camping trip (butt jokes aside) is baked beans which some brands have flip tops.