Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

Car Exhaust : Doosh move or no?

2 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

You know what? I concede all that. It's a puzzy move.  Should be a last resort, not a first response.

Agreed. If the guy with the car says fvck off, then that's the time to go covert. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I give motorcycles a pass because car drivers don't pay enough attention them on the road.

That's absolute bullschit.

3 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

But the guy posted this on his facebook:

"Honest to God I’m a reasonable human being I would have changed it no problem just had to ask... "

I'm not sure if he is just saying that or if he means it, but seriously, talk to the guy before you start shoving crap into his car's tailpipe.

Like bananas?

1 minute ago, Alias Detective said:

Like bananas?

They’re ok. :banana:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I give motorcycles a pass because car drivers don't pay enough attention them on the road.

Please, explain.  

70% of people driving motorcycles on the streets are azzholes. Those loud bikes just make it worse. Off road is where it's at for 2 wheels.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Please, explain.  

Have you ever seen bikers with helmet stickers or t shirts that say "loud pipes save lives"?  Some drivers are so oblivious to bikers that the loud pipes alert drivers to their presence, therefore preventing the biker from becoming hamburger meat.

9 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Have you ever seen bikers with helmet stickers or t shirts that say "loud pipes save lives"?  Some drivers are so oblivious to bikers that the loud pipes alert drivers to their presence, therefore preventing the biker from becoming hamburger meat.

You say oblivious. I don’t think so. Sorry I didn’t “pay attention” to the biker when they came screaming up behind me out of nowhere. The bike is smaller. It’s harder to see. It’s that simple. It’s on the dumbass biker to realize this.  And stop driving like a—holes, dipping in and out at high speed. 

14 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Who is oblivious to bikers? A large % of bikers are idiots on the roads and some definitely deserve to get smacked by a Uhaul.

17 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Who is oblivious to bikers? A large % of bikers are idiots on the roads and some definitely deserve to get smacked by a Uhaul.

23 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You say oblivious. I don’t think so. Sorry I didn’t “pay attention” to the biker when they came screaming up behind me out of nowhere. The bike is smaller. It’s harder to see. It’s that simple. It’s on the dumbass biker to realize this.  And stop driving like a—holes, dipping in and out at high speed. 

Have you guys ridden a bike on a regular basis?  It doesn't take long to see that, even us normal riders, are susceptible to people not paying attention.  I dont ride anymore after I got backed into in a parking lot.  I could clear as day see their sideview mirror, so they shoulda seen me.  This is by no means an excuse for dooshes being dooshy with the rapid lane changes in sh!t.  But drivers not having situational awareness is real. Thus, some bikers wanting louder pipes to also give auditory alerts is legit.

6 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Have you guys ridden a bike on a regular basis?  It doesn't take long to see that, even us normal riders, are susceptible to people not paying attention.  I dont ride anymore after I got backed into in a parking lot.  I could clear as day see their sideview mirror, so they shoulda seen me.  This is by no means an excuse for dooshes being dooshy with the rapid lane changes in sh!t.  But drivers not having situational awareness is real. Thus, some bikers wanting louder pipes to also give auditory alerts is legit.

I've ridden in the past. But always prefered off road because even in my car I don't trust other people on the road.

22 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

So if the goal is safety, what’s an easier fix, with better results? Asking every driver to be in constant alert for bikers (kind of impossible) or asking bikers not to drive like a-holes? I bet bikers not driving like a-holes would yield better results than if the car driver was in constant “look out for bikers” mode. Which is never happening. 

15 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I've ridden in the past. But always prefered off road because even in my car I don't trust other people on the road.

Off road is definitely a load of fun.  Ive had pretty much everthing from YZs to a Banshee and enduros.  Although not quite as exciting as 2 strokes, i really loved enduros to cruise around and just go off road anywhere you wanted to.

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So if the goal is safety, what’s an easier fix, with better results? Asking every driver to be in constant alert for bikers (kind of impossible) or asking bikers not to drive like a-holes? I bet bikers not driving like a-holes would yield better results than if the car driver was in constant “look out for bikers” mode. Which is never happening. 

Asking everyone to have an awareness for all types of vehicles, from bicycles to 18 wheelers, is all you can do and not unreasonable.  I do agree that theres nothing about being on 2 wheels that gives you a license to be a doosh.  

Just now, Fireballer said:

Asking everyone to have an awareness for all types of vehicles, from bicycles to 18 wheelers, is all you can do and not unreasonable.  I do agree that theres nothing about being on 2 wheels that gives you a license to be a doosh.  

It’s never going to happen. Bikes are harder to see and not a constant.  Bikers need to realize this. How can they expect drivers to be on constant alert for bikers? You can literally drive for hours without seeing one. The biker needs to assume the driver doesn’t see him. Sucks but true. Don’t know what to tell you. 

4 hours ago, wiffleball said:

I get the feeling you had a lot of bananas in your tailpipe.

I had my banana in you mom's tailpipe

can size - 36 D left side,  32 A on the right

5 hours ago, wiffleball said:

No, this is like the a****** Philly fan who thinks he can talk on the phone or boo or talk loud or whatever he wants to do in a movie or a theater or wherever because he paid his $40. And it's not illegal.

This is the ultimate male attention w**** lose. South Park do the whole episode on Harley writers. is your that small that you really need to call attention to yourself?

It was funny, first Harley dorks we're saying that that's just a natural sound from the engine. And then when that was proven to be b*******, they said it was a safety feature so other cars could hear them on the road. No, you just have a really small .

The car's exhaust system is the same thing. These little rice burner teenagers who make their Supra the loudest thing on the road. Shut the fup. 

I see both sides...and I run through the argument in my head, and try to see the end result/end game.

Here is what I see:

loud car guy: vroom vroom
neighbor: I'll give you 14 days to quit AND expanding foam's the exhaust (illegal as fvck)
loud car guy: fvck off. vroom vroom!
neighbor: (uh...what are his options? A.) Tell B.) Scream at the clouds C. damage the guys vehicle more D. Throw punches/bat/etc
loud car guy:  videos/catches him doing C or D
neighbor: gets fined, court costs, court record
loud car guy: fvck off.  vroom vroom!

Who wins?  loud car guy.

Unless there is an ordinance for decibels, etc....its a tough situation for neighbor. 

• Haha 1