Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

The crazy dog lady in Central Park

40 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Anyone want to give me the possible outcome in this scenario? 

They'd get laughed at?

2 minutes ago, nobody said:

They'd get laughed at?

I see you haven’t been to a black neighborhood very often.  

Considering white folks have moved into all black neighborhoods all across this country, I doubt black people threatening whites has been a major issue:

NYC
Atlanta
Washington D.C.
Portland
Seattle
Auburn

12 minutes ago, drobeski said:

She's an Obama supporter. 

Of course she is. She worked on Wall Street. He made her rich and let her claim moral high ground. He was the total package. 

19 minutes ago, drobeski said:

She's an Obama supporter. 

Very surprising when seeing her fear and attitude towards black people.  I would have never guessed she supported Obama. 

5 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Very surprising when seeing her fear and attitude towards black people.  I would have never guessed she supported Obama. 

Wolves in sheeps clothing...the whole lot of them.  You think Nancy is scared of the homeless people of color in her district?  Damn right she is. She knows tbeyre more likely to commit crimes. But she keeps them right where she wants them...at arms length, out of her neighborhood, and in tents and shanties.  All the while, faux fighting for them with one foot on their throats.  

12 minutes ago, The Observer said:

None of this matters, she could have been Mother Theresa her whole life.  However she had a bad day, well actually 5 minutes and it got to twitter...... so she needs to be CANCELED!@#!    Dem da rulz.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bird-watcher-incident-conflicted-feelings-121626688.html

His binoculars around his neck, Christian Cooper, an avid birder, was back in his happy place on Wednesday: Central Park during migration season. He was trying to focus on the olive-sided flycatchers and red-bellied woodpeckers — not on what had happened there two days earlier.

That was when Cooper, who is black, asked a white woman to put her dog on a leash. When she did not, he began filming. In response, the woman said she would tell the police that “an African American man is threatening my life” before dialing 911.

On Tuesday, the video went viral on Twitter and garnered more than 40 million views, setting off a painful discourse about the history of dangerous false accusations against black people made to police.

The birds were a welcome distraction from thinking about what had happened next: By that day’s end, the woman, Amy Cooper (no relation) had surrendered her dog and had been fired from her high-level finance job. As he wandered the park’s North Woods on Wednesday shortly after dawn, Christian Cooper said he felt exhausted, exposed and profoundly conflicted, particularly about her fate.

“Any of us can make — not necessarily a racist mistake, but a mistake,” he said, “And to get that kind of tidal wave in such a compressed period of time, it’s got to hurt. It’s got to hurt.”

A gray catbird darted around his hiking boots.

“I’m not excusing the racism,” he said. “But I don’t know if her life needed to be torn apart.”

He opened his mouth to speak further and then stopped himself. He had been about to say the phrase, “that poor woman,” he later acknowledged, but he could not bring himself to complete the thought.

“She went racial. There are certain dark societal impulses that she, as a white woman facing in a conflict with a black man, that she thought she could marshal to her advantage,” he said.

“I don’t know if it was a conscious thing or not,” he added. “But she did it, and she went there.”

Cooper’s love of birding began at age 10, he said, when his parents, two Long Island schoolteachers, enrolled him in a 4-H program. There, in a woodworking class, he crafted a bird feeder that he set in his lawn.

The creatures that flocked to it set off a fascination that has endured for four decades, through his time at Harvard, where he graduated with a degree in political science, and into his years as an editor for Marvel Comics, where he is credited with creating one of the first gay characters in the Star Trek comic universe.

A northern rough-winged swallow alighted on a branch and Cooper, 57, trained his lenses on it for a while.

Then he resumed. “If we are going to make progress, we’ve got to address these things, and if this painful process is going to help us address this — there’s the yellow warbler!” Cooper said, cutting himself off to peer around with his binoculars.

At length, he turned his eyes away from the tops of the London plane trees and continued where he had left off:

“If this painful process — oh, a Baltimore oriole just flew across!— helps to correct, or takes us a step further toward addressing the underlying racial, horrible assumptions that we African Americans have to deal with, and have dealt with for centuries, that this woman tapped into, then it’s worth it,” he said, setting his binoculars down on his chest.

“Sadly, it has to come at her expense,” he added.

On Tuesday, Amy Cooper was fired by her employer, Franklin Templeton, where she had been a head of insurance portfolio management, according to her LinkedIn page.

Cooper, who graduated from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, also surrendered her dog, Henry, to the rescue organization she had adopted him from, the same day, according to a Facebook post by the group.

She issued a public apology to Christian Cooper, whom she had encountered in a semi-wild part of the park called The Ramble, where dogs must be leashed.

After she refused to tether her dog on Memorial Day, Christian Cooper said, he attempted to lure the dog with treats, to induce her to restrain her pet. In a statement, Amy Cooper said she had misread his intent.

“I reacted emotionally and made false assumptions about his intentions when, in fact, I was the one who was acting inappropriately by not having my dog on a leash,” she said in the statement.

She did not respond to multiple requests for comment.

On Wednesday, New York City’s Commission on Human Rights began an investigation into Amy Cooper’s actions.

On his birding walk Wednesday, Christian Cooper said he had read her apology.

He called it “a start.” He said he was not interested in meeting her or in any face-to-face reconciliation.

What he was interested in were birds, like the sighting in 2018 of a rare Kirtland’s warbler that led him to sprint from his office in Midtown Manhattan to the park to catch a glimpse.

Cooper, who now works in communications and lives on the Lower East Side, has fed his passion with birding trips to Central Park and around the world, and he is on the board of the New York City Audubon Society.

He has developed a virtuoso’s ear for their birdsong, and can identify them by chirp. (“There’s a myth that I have the best ears in the park,” he said. “It’s a myth.”)

As he has pursued his passion, he has been keenly aware of the fact that there appear to be few other African American men invested in the hobby, excluded by the same subtle messaging he gets when he is followed around in shops, he said.

And he is aware that the image he cuts — as a man often shuffling the undergrowth after a rare bird, with a metal object, the binoculars, in his hand — can read differently for a black person than for a white person.

It doesn’t stop him.

“We should be out here. The birds belong to all of us,” he said. “The birds don’t care what color you are.”

If Karen had a cat she could be at home watching Minneapolis burn and bad mouthing Trump. What a difference a day makes 

• Thanks 1

Random thoughts:

1. I absolutely hate people who walk their dogs off leash and I’ve told more than one that’s illegal. I don’t blame the guy and fock this woman.

2. Leave it to Utilit99 to go to bat for a complete focking focktard.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, MDC said:

2. Leave it to Utilit99 to go to bat for a complete focking focktard.

He is insufferably ignorant and/or a relentless troll, I have perused these boreds for a long time now and that's the first person I have ever felt the desire to ignore.

Some additional pics of her have surfaced online.

http://prntscr.com/spl90q

http://prntscr.com/spl9hw

http://prntscr.com/spl9y2

I'm going to go ahead and double down on my would.  She's like an ugly cross between Angela and Erin from The Office.  Also it's cute the way the mask makes her ears stick out.  And finally I like her dog, it looks happy and stupid.  :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Mookz said:

I'm going to go ahead and double down on my would.  She's like an ugly cross between Angela and Erin from The Office.  Also it's cute the way the mask makes her ears stick out.  And finally I like her dog, it looks happy and stupid.  :thumbsup:

A strong 'NO" for me.  Very average looks combined with ###### personality.  Not a chance

16 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Hard pass. She’s also a slut. Sued her married boyfriend when he got his other girlfriend pregnant.  

You guys have impossibly high standards.  <_<

21 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Wood not 😞 

2 minutes ago, The Observer said:

She looks like Laura Dern if her parents had been siblings

Not too pretty in the least but at least she's not both ugly AND a fat ass like Stacey Abrams.

Just now, Utilit99 said:

Not too pretty in the least but at least she's not both ugly AND a fat ass like Stacey Abrams.

Or that Mucinex Man- looking slob Sarah Huckabee Sanders

I imagine if that lady in the park had previously seen some of the black crime statistics in New York and Chicago and Baltimore and LA, etc..., then coming upon a strange black dude telling her she's not going to like what he's about to do, then I can see why she may have overreacted in this one case. She's a woman alone in the park and gets scared of what the guy promised he is going to do unless she does what he says. In retrospect of what happened, she acted a little overboard, but she didn't harm anyone, and if the guy was some psycho, like many people in NYC are, then her fear would have been justified.

On 5/26/2020 at 12:17 PM, nobody said:

Preach.

I don't know a single bird-watcher.

I'm blessed to have a bunch of birds in my area.  The best are the quail -- every year a family settles in our yard; the babies recently hatched so I get to watch mama, papa, and a bunch of tiny chicks walk in a line.  Over summer the chicks mature into full grown quail, and the cycle starts again next spring.

The baddest ass birds are owls.  Occasionally I find 1/2 of a rodent carcass in my yard.  We also have hawks tho, could be them, but I always presume it is an owl for some reason.  

We also have pigeons that crap all over stuff.  I've been meaning to look into Phoenix penalties for accidentally shooting a bunch of them.

Cactus wrens, road runners, cardinals (yes we have those), hummingbirds... I'm a nerd who enjoys watching birds.  :)

12 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I imagine if that lady in the park had previously seen some of the black crime statistics in New York and Chicago and Baltimore and LA, etc..., then coming upon a strange black dude telling her she's not going to like what he's about to do, then I can see why she may have overreacted in this one case. She's a woman alone in the park and gets scared of what the guy promised he is going to do unless she does what he says. In retrospect of what happened, she acted a little overboard, but she didn't harm anyone, and if the guy was some psycho, like many people in NYC are, then her fear would have been justified.

She admitted she was wrong by letting dog run at large.  If she had read crime stats and thought black men are dangerous, shouldnt she have just leashed her dog and walked away?  :dunno:

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

She admitted she was wrong by letting dog run at large.  If she had read crime stats and thought black men are dangerous, shouldnt she have just leashed her dog and walked away?  :dunno:

Beats me. I'm not in her head. I would never act like she did, but I would take it as very serious threat if someone I didn't know came up to me and told me I'm not going to like what they are about to do.

If she never uttered the words “African American man” this wouldn’t be a story. Amazing. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

If she never uttered the words “African American man” this wouldn’t be a story. Amazing. 

Pretty sure it was the screaming and trying to give the impression she was being attacked and in danger that made it a story. And cost her her job. 

15 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I'm blessed to have a bunch of birds in my area.  The best are the quail -- every year a family settles in our yard; the babies recently hatched so I get to watch mama, papa, and a bunch of tiny chicks walk in a line.  Over summer the chicks mature into full grown quail, and the cycle starts again next spring.

The baddest ass birds are owls.  Occasionally I find 1/2 of a rodent carcass in my yard.  We also have hawks tho, could be them, but I always presume it is an owl for some reason.   

We also have pigeons that crap all over stuff.  I've been meaning to look into Phoenix penalties for accidentally shooting a bunch of them.

Cactus wrens, road runners, cardinals (yes we have those), hummingbirds... I'm a nerd who enjoys watching birds.  :)

It's a hawk moth.  :mad:

3 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

if someone I didn't know came up to me and told me I'm not going to like what they are about to do.

Dont act like thats what happened initially. He called her out and she was determined to get in the last word.  Humility is hard.  She shoulda just taken the L and walked away.

3 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Pretty sure it was the screaming and trying to give the impression she was being attacked and in danger that made it a story. And cost her her job. 

Yeah, you’re wrong. One race was introduced it became a thing. When he says she’s not going to like what he does she has no clue what he meant.  

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Bingo.  The statement she made to him, before the call, was the worst.

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

Dont act like thats what happened initially. He called her out and she was determined to get in the last word.  Humility is hard.  She shoulda just taken the L and walked away.

I don't care. Letting a little dog off the leash isn't right, but it's seriously not a major crime compared to the other shlt that goes on in this world. And that guy had a right to maybe point it out to her, he initiated a possible violent reaction when he said you are not about to like what I am going to do. He shouldn't have stayed there. He should have left after he said something. Or, if he was soooo concerned, called the cops himself.

And like I said, I don't know what's in that lady's head, what her past is, anything. She didn't hurt anyone and the guy saw she was freaked out and started to instigate by putting her on video. Wrong thing to do.

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, you’re wrong. One race was introduced it became a thing. When he says she’s not going to like what he does she has no clue what he meant.  

Yeah you're wrong.  Telling the police he was african american isn't the worst thing in the world. But put with the context that she pretended to be attacked, it made it all very clear what she's about and what she was trying to accomplish with that phone call. Thrilled that the b1tch lost her job.

2 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Bingo.  The statement she made to him, before the call, was the worst.

No. The worst thing said was when he said she wasn't go to like what he was going to do.

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

she was freaked out and started to instigate by putting her on video. 

LMAO...then walk the fuk away.  Literally this lady felt no threat.  She fukin walked towards him. She coulda left at any moment if she was freaked by his statement. SHE WALKS TOWARD HIM!

15 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Yeah you're wrong.  Telling the police he was african american isn't the worst thing in the world. But put with the context that she pretended to be attacked, it made it all very clear what she's about and what she was trying to accomplish with that phone call. Thrilled that the b1tch lost her job.

Yeah. Calling someone an african American is way worse than that "understandable" trashing of businesses, beating up old white women, and stealing anything you can get your hands on from stores that don't deserve it.

It's so weird how you come in this thread and put down some skinny lame white woman for overreacting and no one getting hurt, but you go over to the other thread and stick up for violent racist looters who are out to destroy property and badly hurt or kill people.

Newbie, you are a flaming retard with no sense of reality.