Fireballer

Man dies after encounter with Minneapolis Police

Oh no...apperently theres a full 7 min video on Facebook if someone can find it.  Based only on this video, it doesnt look good. Dude looks to be cuffed and Im guessing a knee on the neck isnt necessary.  Most UofF policies state something like "use that force only necessary to overcome the resistance".  I 

Dooshbag cops.  Fry them all.  Dude is saying he can't breathe, he's handcuffed and on the ground. 

1 minute ago, Strike said:

Dooshbag cops.  Fry them all.  Dude is saying he can't breathe, he's handcuffed and on the ground. 

Agreed.  If this story is true, then those cops should be arrested.

No reason to use unnecessary force, especially after the guy is saying he can't breathe.

It’s not a good look for sure. 

2 cops there and instead of the 2nf working to restrain the guy safely he decides to run crowd control.

Charge um with manslaughter

I'll wait until there's more info.  If CBS is the source, I'm not interested in their angle at this point in time.

Didn't have the volume up.  He looks fine.  Next.  

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'll wait until there's more info.  If CBS is the source, I'm not interested in their angle at this point in time.

Thats why I wanna see the full 7 mins, but you can certainly draw from this that dude wasnt actively resisting, and if he was, assistance from another cop was more appropriate than probably crushing his carotid artery.

Just now, Fireballer said:

Thats why I wanna see the full 7 mins, but you can certainly draw from this that dude wasnt actively resisting, and if he was, assistance from another cop was more appropriate than probably crushing his carotid artery.

Possibly.  I haven't watched it.  I won't until more info comes out from a more reliable source.

I am waiting for the focus to shift on what he was being cuffed for.  I’m sure someone here on FFtoday will point out that he committed a crime and start congratulating the cops for ridding the world of another scum bag.  In fact, I’m surprised nobody has done it yet.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Big Blue 06 said:

I am waiting for the focus to shift on what he was being cuffed for.  I’m sure someone here on FFtoday will point in that he committed a crime and start congratulating the cops for ridding the world of another scum bag.  In fact, I’m surprised nobody has done it yet.

Peenie should be along shortly.

I just watched the video in the OP.  That is really a bad look here.  The guy is facedown on the ground in handcuffs, repeatedly says that he can’t breathe and still the cop has a knee on his neck.  Even if he resisted arrest prior to this, you should be able to keep him contained once he is in cuffs on the ground without a knee on the neck.  Especially since there are several cops there.

I don't see an issue. Play on. 

My first question is whether or not they were following standard protocol/training. and if not they need to be held accountable.  If this process is part of the SOP, then I think we need to review that.

I know there will be some immediate effort to squeeze some political capital out of this, but lets look at the act, not the participants....

13 minutes ago, Big Blue 06 said:

I am waiting for the focus to shift on what he was being cuffed for.  I’m sure someone here on FFtoday will point out that he committed a crime and start congratulating the cops for ridding the world of another scum bag.  In fact, I’m surprised nobody has done it yet.

Well, since the media hasnt really had time to spin a racist narrative on this, so, nothing to call BS on.

3 minutes ago, Big Blue 06 said:

I just watched the video in the OP.  That is really a bad look here.  The guy is facedown on the ground in handcuffs, repeatedly says that he can’t breathe and still the cop has a knee on his neck.  Even if he resisted arrest prior to this, you should be able to keep him contained once he is in cuffs on the ground without a knee on the neck.  Especially since there are several cops there.

Just to make sure I have your point of view correct...

From the video you see a cop putting his knee on the guys neck... which means it must be his FULL body weight.

The guy getting arrested (must be a misunderstanding), because when he says that he can't breathe, he's being truthful.  He's not saying it just because there's a video.

13 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

From the video you see a cop putting his knee on the guys neck... which means it must be his FULL body weight.

The guy getting arrested (must be a misunderstanding), because when he says that he can't breathe, he's being truthful.  He's not saying it just because there's a video.

The guy is on his stomach, handcuffed.  There is a cop standing above his torso in addition to the cop with a knee in his neck.  There is no reason for the cop to have a knee in his neck.   After a few minutes the guy goes limp and they still don't let up on him.  The crowd is imploring the cops to at least check his pulse but they won't even do that.  It's a disgusting, heartbreaking video to watch regardless of what you might think this guy might have done to get arrested.

Full video:

https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2020/05/26/1721026211503423985/640x360_MP4_1721026211503423985.mp4

The guy is on his stomach, handcuffed.  There is a cop standing above his torso in addition to the cop with a knee in his neck.  There is no reason for the cop to have a knee in his neck.   After a few minutes the guy goes limp and they still don't let up on him.  The crowd is imploring the cops to at least check his pulse but they won't even do that.  It's a disgusting, heartbreaking video to watch regardless of what you might think this guy might have done to get arrested.

Full video:

https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2020/05/26/1721026211503423985/640x360_MP4_1721026211503423985.mp4

You got here back before I did, but this is exactly what I’m saying.  It feels excessive and I’m not saying race did or did not have anything to do with it.  There is no need to be kneeling on the guy’s neck that long.  And true, he could be lying about not being able to breathe, but even if he is, what is the downside to removing your knee from his neck?  He’s cuffed, face down and surrounded by police.  What is he going to do that makes this use of force necessary?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Never said him getting arrested was a misunderstanding.  He could very well have committed whatever act they were arresting him for and others that they didn’t even know about.  What I’m saying is that once the situation is clearly continued, what is the point of kneeling on him, full weight or not?

2 minutes ago, Big Blue 06 said:

You got here back before I did, but this is exactly what I’m saying.  It feels excessive and I’m not saying race did or did not have anything to do with it.  There is no need to be kneeling on the guy’s neck that long.  And true, he could be lying about not being able to breathe, but even if he is, what is the downside to removing your knee from his neck?  He’s cuffed, face down and surrounded by police.  What is he going to do that makes this use of force necessary?

1)  I suspect the guy deserved to be arrested and probably resisted.  That time had passed by about 1:00 minute in to this video.

2)  I think we know now that he was telling the truth when he said he couldn't breathe. 

23 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

white/black, only reason its news

True.. white people don't tend to hold police accountable for misconduct

1 minute ago, bandrus1 said:

I know of a few cops in prison that would disagree.  But carry on. 

3 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

nope, I hold them all accountable, just dont see any stories of a white guy have it happening

either no white person ever fights back

or

it doesnt fit the narrative

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I know of a few cops in prison that would disagree.  But carry on. 

Hey we are speaking in hyperbole here

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

Hey we are speaking in hyperbole here

Good point. 

I will wait to hear what Rev Al and Jesse J have to say and then I form my opinion.

1. Dude was not wearing a mask, according to the left he deserves to die.

2. Peanut gallery filming was not social distancing nor wearing masks. 

3. Why do Minnesotans hate old people?

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Full video:

That's fine then.  Like I said, I wasn't interested in a CBS clip.  I don't trust them.  The cop was clearly putting his whole weight on the guys neck.  His upper body was straight up so his weight was straight down.

Who was the person telling the black guy to get up?  The cop we couldn't really see (as there was 3 that I saw).  That's VERY confusing.

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That's fine then.  Like I said, I wasn't interested in a CBS clip.  I don't trust them.  The cop was clearly putting his whole weight on the guys neck.  His upper body was straight up so his weight was straight down.

Who was the person telling the black guy to get up?  The cop we couldn't really see (as there was 3 that I saw).  That's VERY confusing.

I think the guy resisted and wouldn't allow them to put him in the car, necessitating they take him down.  If you listen to the audio when someone is yelling at them to put him in the car one of the cops says we tried to do that for 10 minutes.  So, I think the intent was to put him on the ground and get control of him until they either had more backup or he was more compliant.  And I think the cop telling him to get up and get in the car was mocking him. 

I'm sure he was a good boy who didin du nuffin.

I think the guy resisted and wouldn't allow them to put him in the car, necessitating they take him down.  If you listen to the audio when someone is yelling at them to put him in the car one of the cops says we tried to do that for 10 minutes.  So, I think the intent was to put him on the ground and get control of him until they either had more backup or he was more compliant.  And I think the cop telling him to get up and get in the car was mocking him. 

Azzholes.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Azzholes.

Yup.  This dude's family is gonna be rich, rich, rich.

Yup.  This dude's family is gonna be rich, rich, rich.

Maybe.  They're going to have to file for a wrongful death suit against the city.  Some cities, Philadelphia is one of them, have laws on the books that limits how much the city can be sued for... under any circumstance.  I mean, you can try and sue the cops, but that won't make you rich.  You'll never get anything from the PBA either.  That said, they should get something out of this.  Sadly, I think the media is going to make this about race when it's really only about stupidity.

51 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:Sadly, I think the media is going to make this about race when it's really only about stupidity.

This.  I don’t want to see Lebron on TV talking about how the black man can’t walk out his front door without being hunted.

So. A black guy does something evil and gets confronted by the police. The police try to get the black guy into the car and black guy doesn't want to and fights back. Then cop, while fighting with the black guy, gets the upper hand and subdues criminal black guy by force. Then people whine about it.

And yet how many people got shot and killed in Chicago this past weekend? Who cares. This one is a big deal.

And yet another situation in which a black guy chooses  to be a criminal instead of not being one and now it's someone else's fault that he put himself in that situation.

• Like 2