Fireballer

Man dies after encounter with Minneapolis Police

1 minute ago, The Observer said:

40 million americans are unemployed.  The murderer lost his job.  Do you think that really appears to the black community that something is being done? 

And there is a full investigation going on, including the POTUS saying he wants the FBI on it.   But let’s get us some new Air Force Ones!

2 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Would you understand if they opted to break into people homes in these situations?

No.  I don't think they would.  The big stores are the establishment. That's what they're representing

16 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

That's a good look at the Biden voters right there. 

I'd bet big money, 95% of those in that crowd, if asked who they would vote for, Trump or Biden, they'd say "Biden". 

The left is justifying their actions. 

Imagine for a second, the right got mad at the left, and skipped the courts, and decided force was justified in dealing with them.  The left would almost all dead. 

Good thing that right aren't filthy animals. 

I’m curious how socially distanced they were?  I mean, we’re t the blacks bitching and moaning the Corona was targeting their color more than the whites?

There definitely is an intellectual difference between races.

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

And there is a full investigation going on, including the POTUS saying he wants the FBI on it.   But let’s get us some new Air Force Ones!

Awesome.  The investigation is needed before the trail.  Not before the arrest.  What do they need to see that isn't clear as day?

No.  I don't think they would.  The big stores are the establishment. That's what they're representing

Really.  The big liquor store in the projects.  That’s the big establishment.  Bwahahahahah

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, edjr said:

I wouldn't, but I can't speak for everyone.  normally I would be on your side. This sh1t has to change man

What side is that?  Go back and read my posts.  I’m not defending the cop at all.

Looting, violence, burning your own neighborhood down doesn’t bring change. It’s misdirected hate, pure and simple.  It’s a toddler having a meltdown.  Nothing good comes from it. 

This morning my daughter said that at her church, year after year, they struggle to get people to volunteer to teach children's classes for Sunday school. When she was in college she struggled to get people to volunteer to tutor kids in after school programs. She said people feel good to protest for one event but won't give their time to really help kids in need. I agree. As for the looting...it makes me just want to hide in shame.

It's really hard to always want to come out and vigorously defend the death of people who are innocent and died at the hands of police (let alone support of a person with a criminal record) only to have looters completely ruin the message of wanting to be treated with dignity by the police.

I also sort of feel a bit manipulated by the media always sending the subtle message that things haven't changed for blacks and that this country is so horrible and racist, when I know there is great change and acceptance. It's sad that these things still happen and thank goodness for the cameras everywhere. 

We can all agree that this person died unnecessarily and it should spark a change in police training or punishment. I feel so sorry for the local businesses that had nothing to do with the incident that were destroyed and the looters who don't realize that they are exactly why many people fear us.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

3 minutes ago, peenie said:

This morning my daughter said that at her church, year after year, they struggle to get people to volunteer to teach children's classes for Sunday school. When she was in college she struggled to get people to volunteer to tutor kids in after school programs. She said people feel good to protest for one event but won't give their time to really help kids in need. I agree. As for the looting...it makes me just want to hide in shame.

It's really hard to always want to come out and vigorously defend the death of people who are innocent and died at the hands of police (let alone support of a person with a criminal record) only to have looters completely ruin the message of wanting to be treated with dignity by the police.

I also sort of feel a bit manipulated by the media always sending the subtle message that things haven't changed for blacks and that this country is so horrible and racist, when I know there is great change and acceptance. It's sad that these things still happen and thank goodness for the cameras everywhere. 

We can all agree that this person died unnecessarily and it should spark a change in police training or punishment. I feel so sorry for the local businesses that had nothing to do with the incident that were destroyed and the looters who don't realize that they are exactly why many people fear us.

This post is amazing, well said.

3 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Awesome.  The investigation is needed before the trail.  Not before the arrest.  What do they need to see that isn't clear as day?

The simple answer is lawyers.  

1.  If they rush and make a small administrative error this scumbag cop gets off.  Minneapolis has proven they will burn the city to the ground and probably start executing random cops.  Not good for anyone.

2.  If they rush and make a small procedural error in making the arrest the scumbag cop gets off and his super strong union in Minnesota sues the sh!t out of the city and refuses to support the governor, mayor, council members, etc. politically.  Minneapolis has proven they will burn the city to the ground and probably start executing random cops.  Not good for anyone.

They need to make sure this isn't an OJ situation and a scumbag murderer goes free.

Hey, lets cut these folks some slack. 

Remember ... When Officer Mohamed Noor shot Justine Ruszczyk Damond the Trump voters burned down Minneapolis just like the Biden voters are doing today, during the entire 8 month investigation. 

You surely remember this, right? 

Just now, KSB2424 said:

This post is amazing. 

I am speechless, it really is pretty amazing.

17 minutes ago, peenie said:

Awesome...well put. 

42 minutes ago, The Observer said:

I'm not going to get into black history.  They feel they have been targets of law enforcement and brutality forever. When these instances go public, it brings things to a boiling point. When they feel action isn't being taken and their murderers aren't being punished, this is how they riot.  Like I said (I think this is the 6th time today so far) I don't condone it. But it is what it is and it can be turned off like a water spigot if they want to. 

Fock that. I absolutely agree that the cop should absolutely face charges. And I expect he will.

But rioting mobs do not get to dictate to the justice system. They should be put down. Hard. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Hey, lets cut these folks some slack. 

Remember ... When Officer Mohamed Noor shot Justine Ruszczyk Damond the Trump voters burned down Minneapolis just like the Biden voters are doing today, during the entire 8 month investigation. 

You surely remember this, right? 

That guy was a Muslim refugee, from Somalia, that murdered that woman, right? 

21 minutes ago, peenie said:

Well put Peenie 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That guy was a Muslim refugee, from Somalia, that murdered that woman, right? 

I believe so, I don't know the background.  I do know he was a black colored cop that shot a white colored civilian. 

It took 8 months of red tape to go through the court process, and nothing happened. Society behaved. 

Yup, he was the first Somali officer on the force.  She was an Australian national about to get married to someone from here. 

1)  Statistically, black people are no more likely to get killed by cops as white people.  Maybe even less likely.

2)  White people don't go apesh*t every time a white person is killed by the cops.   O.J. brutally killed two white people and walked away.  Whitey didn't loot Los Angeles.  Heck, a lot of black people thought it was ok, that it was retribution for all the ills done to the black community by whitey and/or the cops.

3)  Sometimes guilty people go free.  That's one of the tenets of our society and legal system; that we would rather let 100 guilty people go free than convict one innocent one.

The problem isn't that these things happen.  That is a problem but the likelihood of ever getting any statistic down to zero is pretty much zero.  So, when I say the problem, I'm talking about the realistic one.  And that is this notion that there's some unique injustice every time a cop kills a black person.  It's an injustice.  It's not unique or targeted though in most cases.  As long as black culture plays the victim and refuses to acknowledge that we are going to have this type of situation over and over.

20 minutes ago, Strike said:

As long as black culture plays the victim and refuses to acknowledge that we are going to have this type of situation over and over.

This!!   Enough is enough.  No longer can the old methods of victimization claim be used, its time to join the rest of us in being accountable for your actions....time to grow up.....

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

This!!   Enough is enough.  No longer can the old methods of victimization claim be used, its time to join the rest of us in being accountable for your actions....time to grow up.....

Good luck with that. It would take hundreds of years for their hard wired DNA to evolve. 

Just now, RLLD said:

And they are welcome with open arms.  Buy a house on my street ? Good. Welcome to the neighborhood. Now keep the noise down and cut your lawn and we’ll do fine, unlike the white a-hole you bought the house from. Everyone is glad to see them go. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

And they are welcome with open arms.  Buy a house on my street ? Good. Welcome to the neighborhood. Now keep the noise down and cut your lawn and we’ll do fine, unlike the white a-hole you bought the house from. Everyone is glad to see them go. 

Serious question to you as an ex-cop.  We all know there are bad seeds in every profession. So let's just say that the kneeling cop is a bad cop. How is it that not one of the other three cops who were standing there witnessing all of this said to the guy, "Dude, you're kneeling on his neck. Put your knee on his upper back" Or anything to get him to stop what he was doing.  I find it hard to believe that all four cops were bad cops.  Is there an etiquette where you don't tell other cops how to do their job?  It's more shocking to me that four cops let this happen than it is that there happened to be one racist asswhole cop. 

48 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

I believe so, I don't know the background.  I do know he was a black colored cop that shot a white colored civilian. 

It took 8 months of red tape to go through the court process, and nothing happened. Society behaved. 

Yeah, that cop got sentenced to 12 1/2 years in prison. What time is the protest? I want a bigger TV. 

Serious question to you as an ex-cop.  We all know there are bad seeds in every profession. So let's just say that the kneeling cop is a bad cop. How is it that not one of the other three cops who were standing there witnessing all of this said to the guy, "Dude, you're kneeling on his neck. Put your knee on his upper back" Or anything to get him to stop what he was doing.  I find it hard to believe that all four cops were bad cops.  Is there an etiquette where you don't tell other cops how to do their job?  It's more shocking to me that four cops let this happen than it is that there happened to be one racist asswhole cop. 

I wonder how many times criminals fake they can’t breath when being detained?  Maybe former cops have that info too.

8 minutes ago, The Observer said:

I’ve seen plenty of cops tell a guy to back off when the perp is in handcuffs and subdued after a battle . I’ve done it myself.  The nonchalant manner in which this cop was kneeling on the guy probably didn’t make them aware that he was slowly being asphyxiated. It wasn’t happening fast, punches weren’t being thrown. The other cops attention appears to be elsewhere. I’d have to see the whole thing to judge all of them. My question is why wasn’t the perp put in the car and gotten out of there? You don’t hang around when the work is done and wait for a crowd to form.  Police 101. 

1 minute ago, Alias Detective said:

I wonder how many times criminals fake they can’t breath when being detained?  Maybe former cops have that info too.

Yeah, I'm sure you're right. But you don't need to be a doctor to know where someone's carotid artery is. I'm not a trained cop and I could see that what that guy was doing wasn't a standard detaining hold. He was literally kneeling with all his body weight on the guy's neck.  I'm just wondering why three other guys didn't have the kneeler's back to prevent all of this. To hell with the victim. Why didn't they help the bad cop by snapping him out of whatever he was thinking at that moment? 

4 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

There is often hooting and hollering for BS. Especially women. But the kneeler was on him too long. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’ve seen plenty of cops tell a guy to back off when the perp is in handcuffs and subdued after a battle . I’ve done it myself.  The nonchalant manner in which this cop was kneeling on the guy probably didn’t make them aware that he was slowly being asphyxiated. It wasn’t happening fast, punches weren’t being thrown. The other cops attention appears to be elsewhere. I’d have to see the whole thing to judge all of them. My question is why wasn’t the perp put in the car and gotten out of there? You don’t hang around when the work is done and wait for a crowd to form.  

Yup..  That's another thing I as wondering. Why did that continue long enough to kill him? Let's say whatever struggle took place to put the cop in the position of having his knee on the guy's neck. Fine.  But he was cuffed and detained. That knee didn't have to be on his neck for 5 minutes.

Yup..  That's another thing I as wondering. Why did that continue long enough to kill him? Let's say whatever struggle took place to put the cop in the position of having his knee on the guy's neck. Fine.  But he was cuffed and detained. That knee didn't have to be on his neck for 5 minutes.

That’s why he’s not getting  support from other cops. You get some leeway in the heat of the battle. But it was well over. He should have been put in a car. Some cities have units that come and get prisoners and maybe they were waiting for them. Even so, you gotta get off the guy when it’s clearly over. He’s prone and in cuffs. You checked him for weapons. Let up now. Keeping him under control didn’t warrant the manner and length of force applied. 

7 minutes ago, The Observer said:

He focked up and is going to prison. Who knows, maybe he was a doosh. Everyone has them. 

1 hour ago, The Observer said:

What shall they charge him with?

Just now, Fireballer said:

What shall they charge him with?

What did they charged the two rednecks in Georgia with?

5 minutes ago, The Observer said:

What did they charged the two rednecks in Georgia with?

Again...what shall they charge this officer with given these specific circumstances?  When they fill out the affidavit for the arrest warrant, the cant write "2 white guys killed a black guy in GA".

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

Again...what shall they charge this officer with given these specific circumstances?  When they fill out the affidavit for the arrest warrant, the cant write "2 white guys killed a black guy in GA".

They want him arrested now! Then he can post bail and walk out a few hours later. How do they like their precious bail reform now? 

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

I'd charge him with murder. Homicide.  Whatever the legal term is for taking someone's life.  Somehow the DA in Georgia was able to think of a crime to put on the report and arrest the two rednecks a few hours after they saw the video.  No excuse that Minneapolis can't think of the right words in 2 days.  

On 5/26/2020 at 8:39 AM, Strike said:

Dooshbag cops.  Fry them all.  Dude is saying he can't breathe, he's handcuffed and on the ground. 

All criminals say I can’t breathe When arrested. This is their new MO. This Cop probably heard this dozens of times.

2 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

All criminals say I can’t breathe When arrested. This is their new MO. This Cop probably heard this dozens of times.

So?  What he was doing to the victim was unnecessary at that point.  The victim was handcuffed face down and had two OTHER cops standing right above his torso behind the cop pinning his neck.  Additional video is starting to show that the victim hadn't resisted arrest to begin with, which was the story we got from the cops initially.  Whether OTHER people have said they can't breathe is irrelevant to the facts of THIS case.

14 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

All criminals say I can’t breathe When arrested. 

It's also widely used by people who, in fact, can't breath.

10 minutes ago, The Observer said:

I'd charge him with murder. Homicide.  Whatever the legal term is for taking someone's life.  Somehow the DA in Georgia was able to think of a crime to put on the report and arrest the two rednecks a few hours after they saw the video.  No excuse that Minneapolis can't think of the right words in 2 days.  

Pure emotion, ignoring the nuance as usual.

You do realize that this occurred in 2 different states, right?  States are allowed to write their own criminal codes.  What works in GA, doesnt work in MN.  Also, in GA, there was PC for aggrevating crime occurring,  so even an accidental death could have murder charge.  Furthermore, the GBI charged the father/son with murder 2 MONTHS after the actual incident.  They had the full investigative report to include interviews and ME report.  

None of us have access to, or lack thereof,  the evidence that the Minny DA has.  If you would stop being so damn emotional and quick to judge, people may not kick you in the teeth so much around here.