Fireballer

Man dies after encounter with Minneapolis Police

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

Pure emotion, ignoring the nuance as usual.

You do realize that this occurred in 2 different states, right?  States are allowed to write their own criminal codes.  What works in GA, doesnt work in MN.  Also, in GA, there was PC for aggrevating crime occurring,  so even an accidental death could have murder charge.  Furthermore, the GBI charged the father/son with murder 2 MONTHS after the actual incident.  They had the full investigative report to include interviews and ME report.  

None of us have access to, or lack thereof,  the evidence that the Minny DA has.  If you would stop being so damn emotional and quick to judge, people may not kick you in the teeth so much around here.  

They think they know.  They don’t.  Most people wouldn’t tell a plumber about plumbing. They aren’t plumbers.   But they have no issue telling law enforcement about that. We have hundreds of thousands of lawyers in this country to make sure things are being done right. The looters and Newbies input isn’t really necessary or helpful.  

8 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Pure emotion, ignoring the nuance as usual.

You do realize that this occurred in 2 different states, right?  States are allowed to write their own criminal codes.  What works in GA, doesnt work in MN.  Also, in GA, there was PC for aggrevating crime occurring,  so even an accidental death could have murder charge.  Furthermore, the GBI charged the father/son with murder 2 MONTHS after the actual incident.  They had the full investigative report to include interviews and ME report.  

None of us have access to, or lack thereof,  the evidence that the Minny DA has.  If you would stop being so damn emotional and quick to judge, people may not kick you in the teeth so much around here.  

They can take as much time as they want. But keep your mouth shut about the civil unrest. There's a way to stop it and they're deciding to drag their feet because they don't want to charge a police officer.

20 minutes ago, Strike said:

So?  What he was doing to the victim was unnecessary at that point.  The victim was handcuffed face down and had two OTHER cops standing right above his torso behind the cop pinning his neck.  Additional video is starting to show that the victim hadn't resisted arrest to begin with, which was the story we got from the cops initially.  Whether OTHER people have said they can't breathe is irrelevant to the facts of THIS case.

So? You are the one that brought up the can’t breathe, not me! I didn’t say anything about what you just posted. 

20 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

All criminals say I can’t breathe When arrested. This is their new MO. This Cop probably heard this dozens of times.

If an arrestee is cuffed and not resisting, you have to err on the side of caution that they truly cant breathe.  

Has Looting officially surpassed Kwanza as a National Holiday for Blacks yet?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

Has Looting officially surpassed Kwanza as a National Holiday for Blacks yet?

Looting is a replacement for the holiday they do not participate in. Father's Day. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I once got pulled over for speeding and the cop was a real jerk about it. “What’s the hurry, chubster?” he said. “Is there a sale on hot dogs somewhere?” I filed a complaint a few days later but nothing ever came of it.

:cry: 

So the mayor of Minneapolis holds a press conference, and as part of that he brings up a Jeremiah Wright disciple to speak?  Seriously? 

22 minutes ago, t.j. booker said:

“What’s the hurry, chubster?” he said. “Is there a sale on hot dogs somewhere?”

tj:  I thought you would appreciate that it's next door to dunkin donuts, and just follow me there.

When do White lives matter?

14 minutes ago, Strike said:

So the mayor of Minneapolis holds a press conference, and as part of that he brings up a Jeremiah Wright disciple to speak?  Seriously? 

Faux attempt to connect with his self hating/inner blackness.

14 hours ago, Drizzay said:

Its GD embarrassing right now.  Target completely gutted, Cub Foods completely gutted, Autozone is on fire, the nearby liquor store and foot locker also ravaged.

The looters are basically taking one family's tragedy and turning it into their own personal gain.

I weep for my beautiful city.

My daughter worked at an internship there last summer; her apartment was 5 minutes from that Target.  She is doing a similar internship this summer, but because of the COVID, it is remote.  I was sad about that until today; now I'm glad that she isn't there in danger.

3 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

What side is that?  Go back and read my posts.  I’m not defending the cop at all.

Looting, violence, burning your own neighborhood down doesn’t bring change. It’s misdirected hate, pure and simple.  It’s a toddler having a meltdown.  Nothing good comes from it. 

This is the elephant in the room, or should I say donkey in the room, since it is more of a democrat policy problem.  We can't have a discussion about the real problem because racism words$#@!  The problem is the inner city black culture.  It's broken.  The family structure is shot. 

Newbie says he doesn't condone but he understands why they are looting.  I don't think he does understand.  I understand why they are looting.  I understand why they think it is OK to steal electronics from a Target.  I understand why they attack an elderly white women in a wheelchair is OK.  The answer... is a lack of impulse control.  No, not every black person, or every inner city black person, has no impulse control.  But a whole lot of them seem to lack it.  It is, as W famously said, the soft bigotry of low expectations.  

But we can't have that conversation.  If I posted that on Twitter, some woman with blue hair who associates as a male marsupial would delete it as hate speech.  It's not hate speech.  I'm an engineer, I deal with data.  It saddens me that we can't discuss the problem.

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

My daughter worked at an internship there last summer; her apartment was 5 minutes from that Target.  She is doing a similar internship this summer, but because of the COVID, it is remote.  I was sad about that until today; now I'm glad that she isn't there in danger.

This is the elephant in the room, or should I say donkey in the room, since it is more of a democrat policy problem.  We can't have a discussion about the real problem because racism words$#@!  The problem is the inner city black culture.  It's broken.  The family structure is shot. 

Newbie says he doesn't condone but he understands why they are looting.  I don't think he does understand.  I understand why they are looting.  I understand why they think it is OK to steal electronics from a Target.  I understand why they attack an elderly white women in a wheelchair is OK.  The answer... is a lack of impulse control.  No, not every black person, or every inner city black person, has no impulse control.  But a whole lot of them seem to lack it.  It is, as W famously said, the soft bigotry of low expectations.  

But we can't have that conversation.  If I posted that on Twitter, some woman with blue hair who associates as a male marsupial would delete it as hate speech.  It's not hate speech.  I'm an engineer, I deal with data.  It saddens me that we can't discuss the problem.

I'm sure that african-americans who have dealt with social injustice for 400 years are very interested to know that you're disappointed in how they're reacting. 

1 hour ago, The Observer said:

They can take as much time as they want. But keep your mouth shut about the civil unrest. There's a way to stop it and they're deciding to drag their feet because they don't want to charge a police officer.

So you think they need to have their minds changed about charging the cop, or it won’t happen? Sounds like you’re condoning, not just understanding 

5 minutes ago, The Observer said:

I'm sure that african-americans who have dealt with social injustice for 400 years are very interested to know that you're disappointed in how they're reacting. 

I'm not talking about 400 year old Methuselah who was sold to slave traders by his own people; I understand that he would be salty.  I'm talking about the 20 year old black man raised without a father who thinks that the appropriate response to this situation is to take a break while stealing a TV to beat up an elderly white woman in a wheelchair.  :thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I'm not talking about 400 year old Methuselah who was sold to slave traders by his own people; I understand that he would be salty.  I'm talking about the 20 year old black man raised without a father who thinks that the appropriate response to this situation is to take a break while stealing a TV to beat up an elderly white woman in a wheelchair.  :thumbsup:

Is that what's happening in Minn.?  The blacks are beating up elderly women?    I bet the blacks in that city would love to get your perspective on the plight of the black man. Because you know what it's like to have your life on the line anytime a cop has a bug up his ass. 

18 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I agree with a lot of this.  Poor impulse control.....poor economic prospects....poor role models.....poor living conditions.  Lots of things stacked up against these people.  That in no way exonerates anyone's behavior in any of this.  It's something that everyone needs to acknowledge...including blacks.  And to be honest, I think a lot of the black community would agree.  But it's a problem with no clear or easy answers.  And whatever solutions we derive, we'll need years to implement.

3 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Because you know what it's like to have your life on the line anytime a cop has a bug up his ass. 

Don’t resist arrest, don’t fight or mouth off to the cop and you will get through unscathed 100% of the time as a person of any color. 

1 minute ago, tanatastic said:

Don’t resist arrest, don’t fight or mouth off to the cop and you will get through unscathed 100% of the time as a person of any color. 

Yeah that's a really cool thing to say until there's a video showing that cops like to also kill black guys that are totally detained and laying face-down on the ground pleading for their lives.

9 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Is that what's happening in Minn.?  The blacks are beating up elderly women?    I bet the blacks in that city would love to get your perspective on the plight of the black man. Because you know what it's like to have your life on the line anytime a cop has a bug up his ass. 

Anytime? I had a few nests of bugs up my ass numerous times. Every cop does , damn near everyday. I never saw anything like this. A heated fight? All the time. Killing a guy like this?  Nothing close. I’m one guy  though. I guess I’ll just divide the amount of encounters between cops and black men and divide it by the amount of unjustified deaths. I don’t think I’ll get anywhere near “anytime”.  But we have to continue to try and eliminate the very, very, few times this does happen. Hyperbole doesn’t help. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Anytime? I had a few nests of bugs up my ass numerous times. Every cop does , damn near everyday. I never saw anything like this. A heated fight? All the time. Killing a guy like this?  Nothing close. I’m one guy that though. I guess I’ll just divide the amount of encounters between cops and black men and divide it by the amount of unjustified deaths. I don’t think I’ll get anywhere near “anytime”.  But we have to continue to try and eliminate the very, very, few times this does happen. Hyperbole doesn’t help. 

Again, a sheltered white guy pretending to understand.  Millions of black women are scared every time their loved ones leave the house because they know their child or husband could well be pulled over and killed. I'm pretty sure your mom or my mom or Jerry's mom never worried about that. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

New video suggests he did none of those things.  Still deserve to die?

9 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Yeah that's a really cool thing to say until there's a video showing that cops like to also kill black guys that are totally detained and laying face-down on the ground pleading for their lives.

Re-read my post. The part where it says “Don’t resist arrest.” He resisted arrest. If there’s a “new video” showing that he didn’t, I’ll take a look. But then I could always move the goalposts to “don’t commit crimes.” So...

Just now, The Observer said:

Again, a sheltered white guy pretending to understand.  Millions of black women are scared every time their loved ones leave the house because they know their child or husband could well be pulled over and killed. I'm pretty sure your mom or my mom or Jerry's mom never worried about that. 

Yeah, no one worried about me when I went to work in the highest crime areas in the country. Or the time I came home with a broken arm or concussed from being hit in the head  with debris thrown from a building at an arrest scene. I spared them the times I was shot at or had a knife pulled on me and spat upon. . No need to worry them. To name a few. Sheltered. Lol. I did more dangerous things by my 19th birthday than you have in your life.  

2 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Re-read my post. The part where it says “Don’t resist arrest.” He resisted arrest. 

You must have seen footage I didn't.  link?

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

New video suggests he did none of those things.  Still deserve to die?

He didn’t deserve to die regardless of any of those things. But avoiding the things in my sage tutelage above and even taking them a step further and avoiding committing crimes altogether would have spared him the danger of excessive force being used.

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, no one worried about me when I went to work in the highest crime areas in the country. Or the time I came home with a broken arm or concussed from being hit in the head  with debris thrown from a building at an arrest scene. I spared them the times I was shot at or had a knife pulled on me and spat upon. . No need to worry them. To name a few. Sheltered. Lol. I did more dangerous things by my 19th birthday than you have in your life.  

You signed up for it and was compensated well.  It was optional for you.  Black people are being killed by the very people who are supposed to be serving and protecting. 

Just now, tanatastic said:

He didn’t deserve to die regardless of any of those things. But avoiding the things in my sage tutelage above and even taking them a step further and avoiding committing crimes altogether would have spared him the danger of excessive force being used.

Second thing you're wrong about.  You should probably sit this one out.

1 minute ago, The Observer said:

You signed up for it and was compensated well.  It was optional for you.  Black people are being killed by the very people who are supposed to be serving and protecting. 

Ok. Think my father didn’t tell me how to deal with police? It went something like this: STFU and do what you’re told. I did. Even when I was arrested. And got tickets.  I bet I got more speeding tickets than almost every black man on earth. 

Ok. Think my father didn’t tell me how to deal with police? It went something like this: STFU and do what you’re told. I did. Even when I was arrested. And got tickets.  I bet I got more speeding tickets than almost every black man on earth. 

If you got pulled over, it was because you were violating a law. And not because you were black.  You're making a fool out of yourself by pretending you any any idea whatsoever knowing what t's like to be a black guy.  

13 minutes ago, FeelingMN said:

I agree with a lot of this.  Poor impulse control.....poor economic prospects....poor role models.....poor living conditions.  Lots of things stacked up against these people.  That in no way exonerates anyone's behavior in any of this.  It's something that everyone needs to acknowledge...including blacks.  And to be honest, I think a lot of the black community would agree.  But it's a problem with no clear or easy answers.  And whatever solutions we derive, we'll need years to implement.

Thanks, and I agree with this as well.  :cheers:

No, there are no quick solutions.  It is a multi-generational effort.  I don't pretend to have all of the answers but let's start with role models.  Did you know that Larry Fitzgerald is an owner of the Phoenix Suns?  Most people probably don't.

https://www.nfl.com/news/cardinals-larry-fitzgerald-joins-phoenix-suns-ownership-group-0ap3000001098417

Fitz is looking beyond his playing days to become as Chris Rock once said "Shaq is rich, the white guy who signs his check is wealthy."  Except of course being the black wealthy guy.  How can we start propping up people like Fitz, or Larry Elder, or Condoleezza Rice?  Instead of them being considered Uncle (Aunt) Toms by the political machine which benefits by telling them that they are victims and have no chance?  If we spent a fraction of the money on a PR campaign as we do on minor pot arrests, we might make some headway.

Just brainstorming here.  :dunno:

If you got pulled over, it was because you were violating a law. And not because you were black.  You're making a fool out of yourself by pretending you any any idea whatsoever knowing what t's like to be a black guy.  

How would a cop hiding on the side of I-95 possibly see the driver going past him at 90 mph? Ever think black guys might be speeding too? And I guarantee I let more black men go then I actually ticketed or arrested. It’s not even close. 

You're making a fool out of yourself by pretending you any any idea whatsoever knowing what t's like to be a black guy.  

Well, there sure seem to be a lot of white people on the left pretending they know and they side with the black people in just about everything.

6 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Well, there sure seem to be a lot of white people on the left pretending they know and they side with the black people in just about everything.

His black friend on Facebook posted about it. He’s ok to speak on it. 

Simple cheat sheet for every color person to have a 100% chance of success dealing with police. 1. Don’t commit crimes. 2. Don’t resist or mouth off if you are dealing with police even if you are innocent. 3. Reread step 2. 0 people who have followed those 3 steps have had a problem. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

His black friend on Facebook posted about it. He’s ok to speak on it. 

Here's my question to anyone.

What type of individual do you have to be to see something you deem as an injustice, , and then decide to get up off your ass, and go throw a brick through a local store window, destroy the store, beat the crap out of an old woman, and steal as much as you can. And then do more of it?

And if someone can answer that, then maybe we can apply that to how many people were there looting?

3 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Simple cheat sheet for every color person to have a 100% chance of success dealing with police. 1. Don’t commit crimes. 2. Don’t resist or mouth off if you are dealing with police even if you are innocent. 3. Reread step 2. 0 people who have followed those 3 steps have had a problem. 

Not always. That white woman killed by the Somali cop (refugee) in Minnesota didn’t commit a crime or resist. He’s in prison for killing her. I wonder if he loses his refugee status after he gets out,  because he killed her? 

Not always. That white woman killed by the Somali cop (refugee) in Minnesota didn’t commit a crime or resist. He’s in prison for killing her. I wonder if he loses his refugee status after he gets out,  because he killed her. 

Wait, he was a refugee ?  

That's interesting.  Somewhere i read they've never killed anyone. 

Just now, drobeski said:

Wait, he was a refugee ?  

That's interesting.  Somewhere i read they've never killed anyone. 

Yeah, from Somalia. He killed her in Minnesota, USA.