Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

The left gonna eat another of their own? UPDATE...more probs for Kimmel

28 minutes ago, peenie said:

If you're dressing up as a redneck and you're eating a pig foot and smoking a corn pipe and hopping around dancing to a fiddle, it's offensive, cause those are negative stereotypes. Same as dressing up as a black person and saying things like we spend all our money on sneakers and that we take drugs. I think when blacks dress up as whites it's not to make fun of the negative stereotypes but rather just highlight stereotypes that aren't hurtful (like speaking with news anchorman's voice or being upper middle class).

Did you actually listen to the jokes Fallon made while in blackface?  He made jokes about Rick James smoking crack and a black version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire? called "Gimme $50 and a pair of Pumas".  Your thoughts?

3 hours ago, peenie said:

No one is mad at Robert Downey Jr.

He didn't do anything wrong, nor did eddie murphy, dave chapelle or the wayans when they did it ......

If this offends you, the problem might be you.....not the comedy

I have a problem with Jimmy Fallon because I don’t think he’s funny, not because he dressed up as Chris Rock 20 years ago.  Same with the Wayans; I don’t have a problem with the movie white chicks because of white face, I have a problem because it’s stupid and incredibly unfunny. 

also, I’m sick of all the apologies and the culture where we have to be offended by everything that has ever happened.  Enough already.

• Thanks 1

Stupid, was 20 years ago and he and Rock are friends. Robert Downey jr won the Oscar for tropic thunder in blackface right?

21 minutes ago, RLLD said:

He didn't do anything wrong, nor did eddie murphy, dave chapelle or the wayans when they did it ......

If this offends you, the problem might be you.....not the comedy

Are you agreeing with me or no? I can't tell...

3 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

No cares because he was making fun of the idiots who use blackface, that was the joke.  And people did care, they cared enough to give him an academy award nomination for that role.   

2 hours ago, Crestwood 2 said:

It’s called comedy 

Are you agreeing with me or no? I can't tell....

21 minutes ago, Big Blue 06 said:

I have a problem with Jimmy Fallon because I don’t think he’s funny, not because he dressed up as Chris Rock 20 years ago.  Same with the Wayans; I don’t have a problem with the movie white chicks because of white face, I have a problem because it’s stupid and incredibly unfunny. 

also, I’m sick of all the apologies and the culture where we have to be offended by everything that has ever happened.  Enough already.

Agreed.  Every time some fully grown toddler cries like a focking baby over something and we placate them we encourage other emotionally vacuous people to step up and proclaim THEIR moronic discontent.

10 minutes ago, peenie said:

I hope so.   I think comedy today is a tricky business and many things that were acceptable in the past might be seen in a different light today, and as such I would not be inclined to attempt to "get people" for actions that were once accepted....if that makes sense.

So I while i may disagree with Fallon's work today, it does not mean I get to go after him on it, demand an apology etc....nor should he offer one. I despise the notion that we can search back through the lives of people and come up with ways to hurt them, its really evil

16 minutes ago, peenie said:

Not sure where you stand, if you think people should be mad at RDJr, then I disagree.   The entire purpose of his role was to make fun of Hollywood and it's propensity to whitewash characters.   His role was a double-barrel shotgun blast to the thinking that blackface is okay.   

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

Not sure where you stand, if you think people should be mad at RDJr, then I disagree.   The entire purpose of his role was to make fun of Hollywood and it's propensity to whitewash characters.   His role was a double-barrel shotgun blast to the thinking that blackface is okay.   

Exactly. It’s amazing that people didn’t get what was going on there. Maybe they should watch it? It was evident in the first five minutes what was going on. 

7 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Correct. And if you really think about it, that took some real courage to agree to do....and I think he did exceptionally well.

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Exactly. It’s amazing that people didn’t get what was going on there. Maybe they should watch it? It was evident in the first five minutes what was going on. 

Plus he gave the sage advice that you never go full retard. 

• Like 1

Well, I thought Robert Downey Jr's performance was awesomely funny and he did a great job portraying a black person. I didn't think it was making fun of people in blackface. I guess I missed that part. I just thought he was playing a white actor playing a black role getting into conflict with an actual black actor. I'm glad he was nominated because that was tricky.

6 minutes ago, peenie said:

Well, I thought Robert Downey Jr's performance was awesomely funny and he did a great job portraying a black person. I didn't think it was making fun of people in blackface. I guess I missed that part. I just thought he was playing a white actor playing a black role getting into conflict with an actual black actor. I'm glad he was nominated because that was tricky.

And the funniest part was when the black guy continually called him out yet RDjr’s character  remained oblivious. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Every time some fully grown toddler cries like a focking baby over something and we placate them we encourage other emotionally vacuous people to step up and proclaim THEIR moronic discontent.

Literally one of the greatest factors of the pussification of society...

45 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

And the funniest part was when the black guy continually called him out yet RDjr’s character  remained oblivious. 

It worked really well....."what do YOU mean 'you people'......oh man, I died when they did that...

25 minutes ago, RLLD said:

It worked really well....."what do YOU mean 'you people'......oh man, I died when they did that...

After I read HT's post I was just about to reply with this...and every time I see Tropic Thunder I laugh my ass off during that scene.   From start to finish one of the funniest movies I have ever seen.

I'M A LEAD FARMER MOTHERFOCKER!

seek help. all of you.

Why is SNL not taking crap for this?  The performer is the devil but the show that put it out and promoted it are scott free. This is not the manshow and kimmel where they can't go back after the company. SNL is still huge with liberals. Why are they no #cancelingsnl

He didn't do blackface.  This is blackface.  He did a Chris Rock impersonation.  We knew the difference 10 years ago.  :dunno:

White people tell black people to be offended only when Republican's do things like this.  Fallon isn't a Republican, so he's ok.  Especially since he pretended to give a sincere apology.

12 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Never seen Tropic Thunder...sounds like its worth the watch.

It is. Even Ben Stiller was pretty good. Tom  Cruise was funny too. 

21 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Never seen Tropic Thunder...sounds like its worth the watch.

It's ridiculous but that's what makes it funny.  I loved it.

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Tom Cruise was awesome in that movie. 

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Had no idea Cruise was in it.

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

I kid you not, this may be his finest role, and he only has a small part.

This movie in fantastic, filled with quotable lines.  One that I use often: “It’s Vietcong, not Vietcongs.  You wouldn’t say Chineses.” :lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Not a main character but has a good amount of screen time. Nick Nolte and whats his face Kenny Powers are in it too. Some others. 

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Not a main character but has a good amount of screen time. Nick Nolte and whats his face Kenny Powers are in it too. Some others. 

2 hours ago, Big Blue 06 said:

I kid you not, this may be his finest role, and he only has a small part.

This movie in fantastic, filled with quotable lines.  One that I use often: “It’s Vietcong, not Vietcongs.  You wouldn’t say Chineses.” :lol:

My favorite is Danny McBride saying "Mother nature just pissed her pantsuit!" when he sets off the explosions.

https://giphy.com/gifs/VnyXUjhUOaclG/html5

Fallon and Kimmel should apologize for not being funny and being on television...

1 minute ago, posty said:

Fallon and Kimmel should apologize for not being funny and being on television...

Absolutely. Kimmel hasn't been funny since he was on Win Ben Stein's Money. I've never seen Fallon.

Anyone going to call out Dan Aykroyd for his blackface or is he exempt because he is Canadian?

7 hours ago, peenie said:

If you're dressing up as a redneck and you're eating a pig foot and smoking a corn pipe and hopping around dancing to a fiddle, it's offensive, cause those are negative stereotypes. Same as dressing up as a black person and saying things like we spend all our money on sneakers and that we take drugs. I think when blacks dress up as whites it's not to make fun of the negative stereotypes but rather just highlight stereotypes that aren't hurtful (like speaking with news anchorman's voice or being upper middle class).

Let me guess.. you have 0 problem with the Wayans doing whiteface?

Is everybody in this thread agreeing with each other?

The only disagreement is if the Left should cancel him or not and if they if if we should applaud. As far as I can tell, none of us cares that he did this.

Kimmel was already taking a self imposed hiatus over the Karl Malone stuff.  If that wasnt racist enough, now this drops...