Sign in to follow this  
TommyGavin

You. Live Sports. Stadiums.

If sports in your location was deemed ready to open and with fans how quick would you go ? Which sport over others ? 

I am content waiting.... tv is fine

1 minute ago, TommyGavin said:

If sports in your location was deemed ready to open and with fans how quick would you go ? Which sport over others ? 

Are we talking HS, college or pro sports? I would  go the HS games because it is manageable. I can’t see going to a Bruins or Celtics game at the Garden. Indoors and tightly packed. Even a Pats or Sox game... I’ll pass for now. Come September... we’ll see.

I'll be back to CenturyLink enjoying my season tickets for Sounders matches as soon as MLS starts back up.  I'll likely die from my soccer loving AIDS way before China virus kills me. 

Sure, why not?  LIfe is for living, not running around scared of something that affects specific segments of society that don't include me.

I didn't go before.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Strike said:

Sure, why not?  LIfe is for living, not running around scared of something that affects specific segments of society that don't include me.

And this is the attitude why people are dying left and right. The not me group. 

2 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

Uh, no.  If I'm a 70 year old with emphysema I don't go to a sporting event.   We are talking about going to sporting events aren't we?  Shouldn't it be the people at risk who should not be going and not those of us not at risk?

Just now, TommyGavin said:

:lol: Blood in the streets! Cats and Dogs!

Just now, Strike said:

Uh, no.  If I'm a 70 year old with emphysema I don't go to a sporting event.   We are talking about going to sporting events aren't we?  Shouldn't it be the people at risk who should not be going and not those us not at risk?

Unless my 98 year old grandma with stage 4 cancer can go, NOBODY SHOULD!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Strike said:

Uh, no.  If I'm a 70 year old with emphysema I don't go to a sporting event.   We are talking about going to sporting events aren't we?  Shouldn't it be the people at risk who should not be going and not those of us not at risk?

Maybe I’m biased living in NY and people dying all the time. I had a close friend a day before his 50th birthday die from this. Was healthy- no underling issues. Total shock to us all. He didn’t even have symptoms until he was quickly on a ventilator. Then dead. 

I forget to wear a mask all the time so I’m not a crazy doom and gloom guy but this stuff is real. 

6 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

Maybe I’m biased living in NY and people dying all the time. I had a close friend a day before his 50th birthday die from this. Was healthy- no underling issues. Total shock to us all. He didn’t even have symptoms until he was quickly on a ventilator. Then dead. 

I forget to wear a mask all the time so I’m not a crazy doom and gloom guy but this stuff is real. 

The ventilator killed him.

5 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

No doubt that people who live in harder hit areas are more sensitive. It doesn’t need to be “everyone needs to live”, but it shouldn’t be “who cares if another 100k die” either.

Just now, Cdub100 said:

The ventilator killed him.

I would rather die then be on a ventilator 

NY on the downturn has more then 40 deaths a day and Missouri has had a total of 40 deaths in 3 months.  

12 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

I'm sorry about your buddy.  That truly sucks.  That said, we're talking about going to sporting events, not whether I'm coughing on people at the grocery store.  If somehow I infected him at a sporting event it would be because we both chose to do something we knew had more risk than sitting on our couch, and decided the risk was worth it.  Just like every other time any of us go outside.  I don't think that "attitude" qualifies me as a bad guy.  I've sat on my couch for two and a half months to do my part.  I'm ready to start living again.

Dude I’m sorry if I came off strong - I Was just making a point that it doesn’t just affect 70 year old cancer patients- that was my main point. Like I said I forget to wear a mask all the time. I do not social distance all the time. I have been personally affected and I still forget. 

16 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

NY on the downturn has more then 40 deaths a day and Missouri has had a total of 40 deaths in 3 months.  

I'd be at a royals game this week.  Chiefs in September.  Or jayhawks in November.  Prolly.

Just now, cmh6476 said:

I'd be at a royals game this week.  Chiefs in September.  Or jayhawks in November.  Prolly.

In your  place I would too

I’m out on all college and pro games.  

I already hated the sardine can that many stadiums force their fans into.  

COVID seals the deal.  

• Like 1

Probably wouldn’t go for a while. But I only go to 1-2 basketball and baseball games a year anyway.

• Haha 1

I will not go to a sporting event in person for the next year or so.

I never go to baseball, basketball, or hockey games. I usually go to one home Eagles game and one away Eagles game.  I will probably not go to any this year.

If I felt the precautions in place provided a level of safety that "I" determine is appropriate then yes.   My governor, local rep, congressional twat can all advise, but "I" decided for myself.

I'm already invested in season tickets to Iowa football games so I will most likely be going if they allow it.

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm already invested in season tickets to Iowa football games so I will most likely be going if they allow it.

I already bought some tix for LSU football games, looking forward to that.

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I already paid for my Patriots tickets too, but I need to see what it is going to look like before determining next steps. :dunno:

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I already paid for my Patriots tickets too, but I need to see what it is going to look like before determining next steps. :dunno:

Now that the dynasty is over you should be able to socially distance on game day at the stadium. :thumbsup: 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I thought you lived in the DC area.  :dunno:

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Now that the dynasty is over you should be able to socially distance on game day at the stadium. :thumbsup: 

Waiting list is still 65k long. 

Are you going to be going to any of the games in Big D again?

Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Waiting list is still 65k long. 

Are you going to be going to any of the games in Big D again?

Not this year my friend. :lol: 

15 hours ago, TommyGavin said:

Id go tomorrow.  But wear a mask

Stapleton concert wife and I had tickets to was canceled and yet to be rescheduled. It’s a hard pass for me right now.

14 hours ago, Strike said:

I was talking to a guy yesterday. His 23 year old best friend got it. Guy worked out and was in shape. He survived but now he can't walk to the mail box without being out of breath. It's not just an old persons virus any longer. Maybe it mutated? IDK

4 minutes ago, The Pope said:

I was talking to a guy yesterday. His 23 year old best friend got it. Guy worked out and was in shape. He survived but now he can't walk to the mail box without being out of breath. It's not just an old persons virus any longer. Maybe it mutated? IDK

No one is saying ONLY old people get it.  Young people for the most part recover, but I have seen stories suggesting that it's possible it can cause long term or permanent lung damage. that was early on though and haven't seen much about that aspect in the last 6 weeks or so.  So, there are definitely risks to everyone.  But we also don't know if it just takes a while to recover so maybe a year from now this 23 year old guy will be much better.  We need more data.  We also have better treatments now, such as fish tank cleaner.

1 hour ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

This. Paid for my Saints tickets. We'll see.

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

LSU? Not easy to get for home games now after last years amazing season.  

2 hours ago, The Observer said:

I never go to baseball, basketball, or hockey games. I usually go to one home Eagles game and one away Eagles game. I will probably not go to any this year.

10/04/20-  Eagles at 49ers. Come on out for a week.

Just now, Bier Meister said:

10/04/20-  Eagles at 49ers. Come on out for a week.

I have a trip to Greece booked for September (which most-likely won't be happening now).  We talked about possibly going to Nashville in the fall if Greece falls through.  Any other year, that most-likely would be the road game we choose.  And you and your wife could show us some good wineries.   I'm still curious to see if the NFL allows to have packed stadiums in the fall. 

• Like 1