Sign in to follow this  
kozmiq

Masks

10 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

As far as masks are concerned.  I’m focking done with them.

Zoo is opening back up. They require a mask

This is all very confusing.  Someone told me that masks reduce Covid transmission by 75%. Fact. Also, all non-mask wearers are Trumpers.  NEJM didnt mention it, so just looking for clarity.  

10 hours ago, Fireballer said:

This is all very confusing.  Someone told me that masks reduce Covid transmission by 75%. Fact. Also, all non-mask wearers are Trumpers.  NEJM didnt mention it, so just looking for clarity.  

Provide a link to these claims, otherwise it is BS!

We had a meeting about returning to work. My stance is if the job place requires us to wear a mask the company doesn't think it's safe. So if the company doesn't think it's safe I will continue to telework.

I'm not going to wear a mask 

We've been doing click list, but I went into wally world today.

About 90% of people had a mask on. Of those 40% had it on right. All of them touched their face constantly to adjust the mask. Most didn't follow the directional arrows when the sheep mask wearers.

I didn't wear a mask or follow the direction arrows. Nobody said a word, maybe I got some looks, but I couldn't tell. I did overhear one lady explain to her son why people like me aren't sheep (because a heartless ahole who doesn't care about getting people sick).

I got to give it to the mask science deniers. They knew if they told people it was for their own protection nobody would wear it. So telling people its for everyone else protection it allows them to virtue signal and shame others.

WHO now recommends masks and a British study indicates that even 50% of people wearing masks reduces the spread.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-masks-study/widespread-mask-wearing-could-prevent-covid-19-second-waves-study-shows-idUSKBN23G37V

The study found that if people wear masks whenever they are in public it is twice as effective at reducing the R value than if masks are only worn after symptoms appear.

In all scenarios the study looked at, routine face mask use by 50% or more of the population reduced COVID-19 spread to an R of less than 1.0, flattening future disease waves and allowing for less stringent lockdowns.

Of course, there is no consensus in the science community, so we go around with no idea if we are helping things with the use of masks. :dunno: