Sign in to follow this  
BiPolarBear

Who Am I, and Why Am I Back?

I have no clue as to the answer for either question.

I died last November. The medical staff expected that to happen, and my second surgery was jam-ass packed with the whose-who of Dallas surgeons and cardiologist. They had the machines right there when my heart stopped, and I stopped breathing. I was put in a three day induced coma, and boy, was I up when I came to. (Countdown until one of you lard asses reminds me that I was up before all this happened).

For the sake of brevity, I will just say things could have gone better, or worse. Right now, I have a slightly exposed toe bone, and I am a fall risk. 

I see that Cloaca du jour has had a journey of his own, and wish him a speedy recovery.   :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

I died last November. The medical staff expected that to happen, and my second surgery was jam-ass packed with the whose-who of Dallas surgeons and cardiologist. They had the machines right there when my heart stopped, and I stopped breathing. I was put in a three day induced coma, and boy, was I up when I came to. (Countdown until one of you lard asses reminds me that I was up before all this happened).

For the sake of brevity, I will just say things could have gone better, or worse. Right now, I have a slightly exposed toe bone, and I am a fall risk. 

I see that Cloaca du jour has had a journey of his own, and wish him a speedy recovery.   :thumbsup:

Did you have dreams or other mental experiences while in a coma?

welcome back bipolarjeebus

• Like 1

Wow man.  Sounds like a tough road.  Glad you made it.

• Like 1

Expired spam get you too?  :(

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Did you have dreams or other mental experiences while in a coma?

Intricate long dreams with amazing detail. 

Also I got to float around in darkness without a body. I got to decide if I wanted to come back or not. There was a chair (in my case). Sit down, and you stay formless. I wanted to comeback, and was giving the realization that it may suck a little.  :lol:

13 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Glad the docs got you to stick around.  

Thank you so much. It took them a month to debate what to do with me. They actually sent me home for ten days while they figured out when to get all the needed doctors at the hospital at one time. 

16 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

welcome back bipolarjeebus

I am taking Masterclasses on cooking, to up my foodie game. 😀

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

I am taking Masterclasses on cooking, to up my foodie game. 😀

you should give us weekly updates on what you are learning and how the dishes work out.

16 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Expired spam get you too?  :(

LOL!! I had a heart attack, out of the blue. I had things going my way, and then: BAM!!

In the words of Freddie King: One day, it's ham and bacon,

Next day, ain't nothing shakin' 

10 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

Thank you so much. It took them a month to debate what to do with me. They actually sent me home for ten days while they figured out when to get all the needed doctors at the hospital at one time. 

Holy fuk dude!  What was your actual diagnosis?

13 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Hey buddy. Good to see you back. 

It's good to be back. I checked to see if you and a few other ho-ho-homos were still around, before I posted. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

you should give us weekly updates on what you are learning and how the dishes work out.

I just finished the Thomas Keller class, and found out how bad I suck. Really enjoyed it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

I just finished the Thomas Keller class, and found out how bad I suck. Really enjoyed it. 

what were the dishes?  what worked, and what didn't?

11 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Holy fuk dude!  What was your actual diagnosis?

I keep forgetting the actual name of the condition. I blew a hole in the wall between the two lower chambers of my heart. Having such a condition, is more common in newborns. I was kind of a celebrity, in the same way the Elephant Man was. I had room a room full of cardiology interns, along with the head guy. Everybody wanted to listen to my focked up ticker.   😄

3 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

I keep forgetting the actual name of the condition. I blew a hole in the wall between the two lower chambers of my heart. Having such a condition, is more common in newborns. I was kind of a celebrity, in the same way the Elephant Man was. I had room a room full of cardiology interns, along with the head guy Everybody wanted to listen to my rocked up ticker.   😄

There was a specific guy there to give you head ? Insurance cover that ????

😝

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

what were the dishes?  what worked, and what didn't?

That was the thing about his class. He concentrated on techniques and kitchen tools. He exhibited a high appreciation for the excellence of ingredients, and the importance of supporting the farmers, fishermen, etc., that bring you that excellence. 

He peeled asparagus with a simple French peeler. Oh, he showed a few "kitchen gadgets" that he disdained. After he explained why you should not let them in your kitchen, he would do a quick turn and trow them in the sink. Lol. He showed how to prepare artichoke hearts, in kind of a stew. I would cut my thumb to the bone if I tried to use a knife like he does. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

There was a specific guy there to give you head ? Insurance cover that ????

😝

I didn't have a steady hummer guy, so this was a welcome surprise. 😄

• Haha 1

my favorite peeler is the plastic one from my intro kit.

9 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Welcome back. Good to hear that you are doing better. :cheers:

Thanks man. I am really wanting to be able to fish again. My balance won't allow fly fishing now, but I am making progress. 

16 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

my favorite peeler is the plastic one from my intro kit.

He used a very simple, small French peeler. Also, I was mistaken. I did not finish the class. I am 10 classes in on a total of 36. I will report back with some dishes. 

• Like 1

Wow! What a re-entry story.

You can make an alien abduction story complete with daily anal probes sound more fun.

Glad to see you again.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2020 at 7:12 PM, BiPolarBear said:

Wow.  Welcome back man.  

• Like 1

Thanks BPB and same for you!!  Did anyone already say to call a tow truck?

Appt with cardiologist thursday set up when I get my heart back to normal rhythm.

• Like 1

I read the last word of the title as black. I was very confused. 

• Haha 1

Wait, Wut?  Just saw this thread.   

Glad you're okay, well alive.  BiPolarBear is one of the good peeps.  

• Like 1

Just saw this.  Glad you are back and doing better.

• Like 1

First FF league is was in here had the bipolar one in it. I think he took last place.  ( I have zero idea)

Doesn't matter, it was the Qlazz league

Bottom line is that we don't need another Rholio story here, you fukkin fuk.  :mad:

You know what I mean by that :cheers:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

First FF league is was in here had the bipolar one in it. I think he took last place.  ( I have zero idea)

Bottom line is that we don't need another Rholio story here, you fukkin fuk.  :mad:

We geeks are aging. It's going to become more and more common sadly. 

On 6/1/2020 at 10:33 PM, SUXBNME said:

LOL. :cheers:  

I was the worst team in the edjr league. I even lost the couple of games I thought I would win. 

You're the other homo that I made sure was still here before I posted again. We will always have that.   :wub: