Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Protests in your city or town? Thread

Pretty lame honestly. But I expect that from this town. What I didn't expect is the 20 year old daughter of a friend of mine who owns a restaurant was attacked at a gas station near the protests last night and then had the added insult of tear gas.

Bar I was supposed to work tonight for a nice chunk of change just had the cops dropped unannounced several concrete barriers literally right in front of it.

This way, the mayor gets to say that there is no curfew. But the city's in f****** lockdown.

Businesses that literally just reopened because of the phony virus or now shutting down as we speak because nobody can get to or wants to come to downtown.

Burn it all down.

I should know this by now, but what city are you in? 

About 1000 people marched today. There were police cars in the middle of the street blocking traffic and the crowd went peacefully around them and from the live stream I saw there were 3-4 very large young black males standing in front of the police and their cars ensuring people went around the vehicles and did not harass the officers.

Overall from the live streams I watched it seemed very much proper 

22 minutes ago, DonS said:

I should know this by now, but what city are you in? 

Colorado springs. Like 9 military bases. Plus all the ancillary businesses. Plus some of the largest mega churches in the country per capita.

the media is doing its best to blow it up. But honestly, the protest just passed by and lasted maybe 2 stop light cycles.

Mostly just a bunch of ancillary idiots. If shiit went truly down here.? Black lives splatter.

• Like 2

Nothing going on here.  About 10 miles away Milwaukee is mostly quiet.  Couple lootings the other night but nothing like some of the other cities are seeing.  Madison apparently got a bunch of looters and riots.  Madison, WI - like 3 black people live there.  It's filled with mostly white-guilt liberals.  Seeing the consequences of their policies and actions up close.   Good.

So angry right now. Where the f****** adults? Trump's a child. The cops should know better by now. The protesters aren't doing any damn good. They're hurting their own. The media is f****** worthless on both sides. I have never understood what the f*** I left is trying to do.

All I know is I'm out of a job. Along with about 20% of the country at least. And all for no good f****** reason. And now we got this b******* to deal with?

Just f****** provoke me tonight. Either side. Axxholes all. 

Rochester, NY.

Police cars were burned and i guess the freedom fighters tried to set the mall on fire. Thats all 30 minutes from me in the burbs though.

1 minute ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Rochester, NY.

Police cars were burned and i guess the freedom fighters tried to set the mall on fire. Thats all 30 minutes from me in the burbs though.

I saw the beating video of that woman. Not good

9 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

So angry right now. Where the f****** adults? Trump's a child. The cops should know better by now. The protesters aren't doing any damn good. They're hurting their own. The media is f****** worthless on both sides. I have never understood what the f*** I left is trying to do.

All I know is I'm out of a job. Along with about 20% of the country at least. And all for no good f****** reason. And now we got this b******* to deal with?

Just f****** provoke me tonight. Either side. Axxholes all. 

You a trumpvirus guy?

2 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

I saw the beating video of that woman. Not good

The one with the 2x4? Ya that was a tough watch.

From best I can tell, Memphis had some peaceful protests, relatively speaking.

Nashville, on the other hand, seems to be on fire.

Oddly, Memphis is majority black. Nashville is a bunch of white liberals. Funny how that works. 

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

Pretty lame honestly. But I expect that from this town. What I didn't expect is the 20 year old daughter of a friend of mine who owns a restaurant was attacked at a gas station near the protests last night and then had the added insult of tear gas.

Bar I was supposed to work tonight for a nice chunk of change just had the cops dropped unannounced several concrete barriers literally right in front of it.

This way, the mayor gets to say that there is no curfew. But the city's in f****** lockdown.

Businesses that literally just reopened because of the phony virus or now shutting down as we speak because nobody can get to or wants to come to downtown.

Burn it all down.

The animals here are looting and vandalizing.  The sympathy has been lost and rightly so.  Newbie and the animals like him have disgraced the wrongful death of an individual. The liberal idiot leaders are making Trump look like the only adult in the room.  

They are supposed to have one in the city of Jackson. I will be staying away but the cops here. They are not a joke. They will beat your ass no matter what color you are.  I will pick up some extra ammo tomorrow just in case. I should not have to worry. Outside of the big cities Michigan  is something like 99.7 percent white and won't explode. 

15 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

The one with the 2x4? Ya that was a tough watch.

Yea no good

Raleigh, NC. 

I live 12 minutes from downtown in the "Burbs" though. 

Nothing to crazy as far as deaths, just your standard bashing in businesses, looting and degenerates doing their thing. My brother owns his own business which is based downtown (marketing / ad  agency).  We had lunch today and talked about it, he's worried but said he isn't going down there just not worth it.  I told him its the right the right call, he has a family and three young kids.  It wasn't bashed in last night but apparently they may be at it again tonight.  We'll see.  

24 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Rochester, NY.

So is it mainly in Downtown ROC proper then?  The only mall I'm familiar with is (I think) called the Marketplace Mall.   I want to say it's in Henrietta?? 

My town had some loudmothed illiterates screaming in front of city hall...practically unintelligeable what they were saying.  They are regulars in the local police blotter..just used it as a platform to insult police with a megaphone.

Pointless...and I live in a small town

Can you imagine going to the bar, depressed, and looking to vent about all your life's ills to the bartender and up walks Wiff?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, DonS said:

So is it mainly in Downtown ROC proper then?  The only mall I'm familiar with is (I think) called the Marketplace Mall.   I want to say it's in Henrietta?? 

No it spread to Greece which is a suburb, but it's basically become an extension of the city over the last 20 years.  Marketplace is fine as far as I know. The Greece Ridge Mall is the one that was set on fire.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Can you imagine going to the bar, depressed, and looking to vent about all your life's ills to the bartender and up walks Wiff?

Outspoken liberal bartenders are suffocating. 

I guess there was something going down in Detroit, but I wouldn't know. They won't come to my area because they will be shot.

Baltimore isn't really a protesting kind of town.  I guess you could call us demure.  🤔

Surrounded by Mexicans and cowboys. Nobody gives a fock about any of this. Saw a few black families at Walmart earlier and they just wanted to get (purchase) groceries and get home.

We are all just excited that tomorrow we can get a haircut and sit down at a restaurant for the first time in 2.5 months.

1 hour ago, fandandy said:

Sounds better than the MMA roid heads and skanks with 20 tats and piercings that we usually have around here.

Pour me a double Turkey neat, wiff. Keep the tab open.

10 hours ago, bandrus1 said:

About 1000 people marched today. There were police cars in the middle of the street blocking traffic and the crowd went peacefully around them and from the live stream I saw there were 3-4 very large young black males standing in front of the police and their cars ensuring people went around the vehicles and did not harass the officers.

Overall from the live streams I watched it seemed very much proper 

It was not done by a crowd just 3 but a new million dollar kids playground was burnt to the ground overnight

2 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

3 Walmarts, 2 stater bros, a couple banks and a sh1tload of other businesses looted, some burned here in wonderful San Bernardino Co

The leaders of CA are equivalent to parents that never disciplined their children. As are the leaders of just about every Democrat led city.

Quote from racist Philly police chief.

Police Commissioner Danielle Outlaw, the first black woman to lead the department, said many of those responsible for injuries, vandalism and fires weren’t acting in alignment with the peaceful protesters but with the intent to destroy “and quite frankly, those folks didn’t look like me.”

Demonstrations were held in the two largest cities to the east and west of us yesterday. 

Someone wrecked a tattoo parlor of all things and the big box stores were all closed and boarded up. 

I assume they will re open today. 

Over in Northwest IN things were a little worse but I haven’t seen much actual footage yet. 

Baltimore has already shown its capacity for stupid behavior, DC appears to be joining in, not to be outdone in stupidity.....

55 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Quote from racist Philly police chief.

Police Commissioner Danielle Outlaw, the first black woman to lead the department, said many of those responsible for injuries, vandalism and fires weren’t acting in alignment with the peaceful protesters but with the intent to destroy “and quite frankly, those folks didn’t look like me.”

So white people are coming into black communities to loot and burn?   That is the narrative we are going to accept? 

10 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

So white people are coming into black communities to loot and burn?   That is the narrative we are going to accept? 

This is going to backfire on them if they keep going down this road......they want to allow antifa because they think these people are on their side.....a they simply are not, antifa is just another group attempting to use and exploit the AA community....

The next move will apparently be to suggest that its the neo nazi groups that are the problem, that are suddenly pretend to align with morons like BLM, but secretly are working against them.

This is so stupid, on all levels

4 minutes ago, RLLD said:

This is going to backfire on them if they keep going down this road......they want to allow antifa because they think these people are on their side.....a they simply are not, antifa is just another group attempting to use and exploit the AA community....

The next move will apparently be to suggest that its the neo nazi groups that are the problem, that are suddenly pretend to align with morons like BLM, but secretly are working against them.

in 2 weeks we will see how many people from what communities were there as covid19 explodes through that community and the bad racist it is ends up killing tons of people 

People need to realize this whole thing is class warfare being sold as race in order to fracture the uprising of the middle and lower class

people walked with the police.  That's about it.

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

It's so focking sad that our stupid political divisions take over everything now. A pandemic. Riots. International crises. Everything has to be r vs d. 

It wasn't so long ago that it wasn't that way. I remember, as do all of you, the aftermath of 911. Everyone came together and were just Americans.

If something like that happened tomorrow, it would be just another political football. 

12 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

I guess there was something going down in Detroit, but I wouldn't know. They won't come to my area because they will be shot.

The guy in downtown Detroit that got shot was from Eastpointe. Is Macomb county still safe? I'd hate to think sh*tbags were crossing 8 Mile and going up Gratiot or Schoenherr or Harper.

That said, shooting aside, I'm not thinking Detroit is getting hit so hard with this as other cities.

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

The guy in downtown Detroit that got shot was from Eastpointe. Is Macomb county still safe?

As far as I know it is. 

7 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

3 Walmarts, 2 stater bros, a couple banks and a sh1tload of other businesses looted, some burned here in wonderful San Bernardino Co

What kind of store is Stater Bros?