Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Protests in your city or town? Thread

Looting and protests in San Diego 20 min east of me as well as 10min south in downtown. Always same story, peaceful by day, looting and burning by night. 

2 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

It's so focking sad that our stupid political divisions take over everything now. A pandemic. Riots. International crises. Everything has to be r vs d. 

It wasn't so long ago that it wasn't that way. I remember, as do all of you, the aftermath of 911. Everyone came together and were just Americans.

If something like that happened tomorrow, it would be just another political football. 

That was nearly 20 years ago.

The left never forgave W Bush for winning FL and began the era of 24/7 hate.

Then came along social media, which gave nobodies a voice and a meaningless blue check gave them credibility. Instantly narratives could be controlled through mass propaganda. If you repeat it enough then people eventually believe it to be true.

The division was put on hold for most of the Obama years, until Trayvon Martin and Ferguson opened the door for race wars. Obama gladly threw gas on that fire.

Then Trump turned the establishment on their head beating the Bush Dynasty and the Clinton Dynasty.

They have been fighting for their lives ever since.

Hopefully this latest manufactured crisis wakes up blacks and moderate liberals to the fact that they have been played like a biotch.

It doesn't have to be this way.

As for other countries, they are homogeneous and racist, much more so than the US. 

• Thanks 1

The mayor of Raleigh NC said she’s not sending police to protect buildings and property. 

39 minutes ago, Intense Observer said:

Then came along social media, which gave nobodies a voice and a meaningless blue check gave them credibility. Instantly narratives could be controlled through mass propaganda. If you repeat it enough then people eventually believe it to be true.

The division was put on hold for most of the Obama years, until Trayvon Martin and Ferguson opened the door for race wars. Obama gladly threw gas on that fire.

Then Trump turned the establishment on their head beating the Bush Dynasty and the Clinton Dynasty.

Hopefully this latest manufactured crisis wakes up blacks and moderate liberals to the fact that they have been played like a biotch.

As for other countries, they are homogeneous and racist, much more so than the US. 

It started right away.

July 2009

Obama: Cops Acted "Stupidly" in Professor's Arrest

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-cops-acted-stupidly-in-professors-arrest/

I need to check on my son who's down in Beaverton, OR.  He's maybe a half mile from Nike headquarters.  That would be like the ultimate sneaker looting score!!!!

41 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The mayor of Raleigh NC said she’s not sending police to protect buildings and property. 

Great

5 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

There have been some peaceful protests in Iowa City but that's about all I know of.

Imagine all the awesome popcorn that would fill the streets if Iowa city burned?  

59 minutes ago, Mungwater said:

Imagine all the awesome popcorn that would fill the streets if Iowa city burned?  

That may be one of the dumbest things I’ve read in a while. 

Tampa. Saturday night there was looting and burning of businesses. Gas station. Champs. Looted some stores like Gold and Diamond source. Not sure if it was the restaurant for sporting goods. Sunday night Mayor put a curfew in. Some showed up downtown and the cops told them to go home and they pretty much did. 

1 minute ago, The Pope said:

Tampa. Saturday night there was looting and burning of businesses. Gas station. Champs. Looted some stores like Gold and Diamond source. Not sure if it was the restaurant for sporting goods. Sunday night Mayor put a curfew in. Some showed up downtown and the cops told them to go home and they pretty much did. 

Mons Venus ok? 

Friday and Saturday nights had several bigger cities around us here in the Bay Area burning and looting the night away. Curfews went into effect last night and it seems to have helped quite a bit. My wife who is anti gun is reconsidering her position. 

32 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Mons Venus ok? 

LOL. Yep. No strip clubs were involved. It was mostly out by University Square Mall near USF.

34 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Mons Venus ok? 

When I was working on the waterfront I would have sworn they had a billboard in the middle of the Pacific. Any ship coming from Japan would want a cab to go to the Mons.

17 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

From best I can tell, Memphis had some peaceful protests, relatively speaking.

Nashville, on the other hand, seems to be on fire.

Oddly, Memphis is majority black. Nashville is a bunch of white liberals. Funny how that works. 

Yes...

Large liberal population = Large violence population.  Races are irrelevant.  "Liberal's" are the only demographic here.

They were looting in the middle of the day around the burbs here. Sirens going off. Took the gun out and set it on the counter. 

For those Clayton Bigsby's (aka black white supremacists) in the 2x4 attack on the elderly lady in Rochester, even if they get ID'd and arrested they'd be let go thanks to "bail reform", right?  Is hate crime on the list of no harm / no foul offense which don't require bail? 

4 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Always same story, peaceful by day, looting and burning by night. 

Cities should set an 8:00pm curfew.  The police should walk with the peaceful protesters in the afternoon, then gear up after dinner and drop the absolute hammer on the hoodlums (whomever they are) after sunset.

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

That may be one of the dumbest things I’ve read in a while. 

About as dumb as reacting to a race riot in Iowa city.  

1 minute ago, Mungwater said:

About as dumb as reacting to a race riot in Iowa city.  

Not even close to the same.  There is no race riot in Iowa City, just some protests.  They are happening in every major city in Iowa and probably every other state in the US.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Not even close to the same.  There is no race riot in Iowa City, just some protests.  They are happening in every major city in Iowa and probably every other state in the US.

Ooooh, watch out America, here comes Iowa!

1 minute ago, Mungwater said:

Ooooh, watch out America, here comes Iowa!

What the hell are you talking about? 

So when they destroy their cities are we going to have to rebuild them or can we just leave them the shittholes they were before or are bound to become? 

So my office downtown is in a closed off zone due to proximity of all the peaceful shenanigans. Even when covid mess is over I really gotta think long and hard about not just continuing to work from home. 

Things may heat up here tonight. (Omaha) A downtown bar owner shot an unarmed black protester over the weekend. Lots of conflicting reports about whether or not it was self defense. Shooter was released this morning with no charges being filed. Businesses are closing early in preparation of rioting. 

On a side note, I was wondering if there will be looting in the future due to the "no checkout" software that Amazon is developing? Customer walks in, grabs what they need, exits the store and are billed for the items they took. System doesn't know if you're a looter.

It also makes me wonder if some of these looters will get charged later due to having gps active on their phones. 

2 minutes ago, Leeson said:

Things may heat up here tonight. (Omaha) A downtown bar owner shot an unarmed black protester over the weekend. Lots of conflicting reports about whether or not it was self defense. Shooter was released this morning with no charges being filed. Businesses are closing early in preparation of rioting. 

On a side note, I was wondering if there will be looting in the future due to the "no checkout" software that Amazon is developing? Customer walks in, grabs what they need, exits the store and are billed for the items they took. System doesn't know if you're a looter.

It also makes me wonder if some of these looters will get charged later due to having gps active on their phones. 

I wonder how it knows who exactly to charge for the stuff?

Phoenix AZ.  Lessee... A ritzy Scottsdale mall was looted because, well, if you are going to make a SJW point, you should do it with a matching Louis Vuitton bag.  A few blocks downtown have been shut off to traffic, where the gubment buildings are largely located.  There is an 8PM curfew thru the week.  One of my daughters protested over the weekend there (the older one, not the one I mentioned in another thread) and thankfully dispersed at the curfew and nobody was hurt.  The cops let folks protest during the day, then disperse them at 8PM.  The curfew is essentially a "stop and frisk" kinda ordinance that gives police a broad stroke to detain people at night who may be up to... bad intentions.

There have been snipers on the roofs of our police stations and government buildings.  One of the great things about Phoenix is, while you are welcome to protest, if you get out of line our authorities may shoot you ded.  Actually not just authorities; walk into a convenience store or even a house to rob it, and you will likely find yourself on the wrong end of a 12 gauge.  So for being the 5th largest city in the US, we've got a relatively low violent crime rate in general.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Looting and protests in San Diego 20 min east of me as well as 10min south in downtown. Always same story, peaceful by day, looting and burning by night. 

where you at bro? I thought you were in OC, I was in La Mesa yesterday, my buddys tavern got torched

5 hours ago, Intense Observer said:

This is a very solid take.    Well done IO

Although I do agree with BB that the "cops acted stupidly" comment by Obama was, to me, the 1st sign that "uh-oh, this isn't going to be a 'uniting' kind of presidency that I thought it may be".   I lived thru that crap, someone definitely acted stupidly, it just wasn't the Cambridge cops. . .

17 minutes ago, KayJay1971 said:

I wonder how it knows who exactly to charge for the stuff?

Didn't Bill Gates install your chip yet?

1 minute ago, Leeson said:

Didn't Bill Gates install your chip yet?

:dunno:

3 hours ago, The Pope said:

Polk county sheriff

"The people in Polk County like guns, they have guns, I encourage them to own guns... And if you try to break into their homes to steal, to set fires, I'm highly recommending they blow you back out of the house with their guns." 

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

major city in Iowa

Isn't this an oxymoron?

18 minutes ago, Intense Observer said:

Polk county sheriff

"The people in Polk County like guns, they have guns, I encourage them to own guns... And if you try to break into their homes to steal, to set fires, I'm highly recommending they blow you back out of the house with their guns." 

:wub:

Great, rumblings starting going on in a small town about 5 minutes east of me.  

I'm serious, they do not want to go into the Suburbs and neighborhoods.  It will not end well.

42 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

where you at bro? I thought you were in OC, I was in La Mesa yesterday, my buddys tavern got torched

Yes La Mesa got the worst of it followed by downtown. I’m in mission valley.

21 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Raleigh, NC. 

I live 12 minutes from downtown in the "Burbs" though. 

Nothing to crazy as far as deaths, just your standard bashing in businesses, looting and degenerates doing their thing. My brother owns his own business which is based downtown (marketing / ad  agency).  We had lunch today and talked about it, he's worried but said he isn't going down there just not worth it.  I told him its the right the right call, he has a family and three young kids.  It wasn't bashed in last night but apparently they may be at it again tonight.  We'll see.  

Update.  My brother boarded up last night, there was spray painting and graffiti on the boards but no damage.  Yet.  

So Secret Service Police and DC National Guard just moved protesters with pepper spray and shoving out of the area of St John's Church so that Trump could walk across the street from the rose garden and visit the church. 

What's the point of this?

Just now, Leeson said:

So Secret Service Police and DC National Guard just moved protesters with pepper spray and shoving out of the area of St John's Church so that Trump could walk across the street from the rose garden and visit the church. 

What's the point of this?

GFY. That’s the point.  Youse don’t run things. 

• Like 1