Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Protests in your city or town? Thread

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

GFY. That’s the point.  Youse don’t run things. 

It was a for a photo op in front of the church. He stood in front of the sign and held up a bible. 

He gassed American protesters for a photo op. WTF. 

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

where you at bro? I thought you were in OC, I was in La Mesa yesterday, my buddys tavern got torched

Focked up... I mentioned in another thread that my daughter would have been at an internship in Minny 5 minutes from the original Target looting.  Her first internship she stayed in... La Mesa.

Sucks having daughters sometimes.  Even though she is pretty badass and I'd bet on her in a fight over most other women, as a man you never stop worrying about a daughter.  :(

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Leeson said:

It was a for a photo op in front of the church. He stood in front of the sign and held up a bible. 

He did no such thing. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He did no such thing. 

The Fock he didn't. I just watched it with my own eyes. He had a group of peaceful protesters gassed and moved so he could walk to the church. No other reason. 

If you can't see that, then you're brain dead. 

5 minutes ago, Leeson said:

The Fock he didn't. I just watched it with my own eyes. He had a group of peaceful protesters gassed and moved so he could walk to the church. No other reason. 

If you can't see that, then you're brain dead. 

He didn’t gas anyone. 

He didn’t gas anyone. 

Neither did al-Assad. 

40 minutes ago, Leeson said:

Neither did al-Assad. 

I'll break it down.

1. Tear gas and pepper spray are legal to use on violent rioters. So don't compare to your middle east buddies.

2. Using law enforcement and NG to clear out violent rioters is effective, now the local and state officials have a template. If they fail, it is their fault.

3. Sends a message to the violent rioters that they will not win. America is stronger than they are. 

4. Shows appreciation of national monuments. St John's is 200+ years old, every president has attended a service there. Violent rioters shall not fock with our nation's historical treasures.

5. Shows we are a nation of laws, and Trump intends to keep it that way. He will not cower like his opponents.

6. Demonstrates strength, of POTUS ,of Secret Service, of DC Police, of NG. Domestic terrorists will not win against them

13 minutes ago, Intense Observer said:

I'll break it down.

1. Tear gas and pepper spray are legal to use on violent rioters. So don't compare to your middle east buddies.

2. Using law enforcement and NG to clear out violent rioters is effective, now the local and state officials have a template. If they fail, it is their fault.

3. Sends a message to the violent rioters that they will not win. America is stronger than they are. 

4. Shows appreciation of national monuments. St John's is 200+ years old, every president has attended a service there. Violent rioters shall not fock with our nation's historical treasures.

5. Shows we are a nation of laws, and Trump intends to keep it that way. He will not cower like his opponents.

6. Demonstrates strength, of POTUS ,of Secret Service, of DC Police, of NG. Domestic terrorists will not win against them

I'll break it down for you. The First Amendment grants citizens the right to assemble. I watched things unfold this afternoon/evening. This was a staged event by Trump. He coordinated the use of tear gas on peaceful protesters in order to walk across Lafayette Park and take a picture in front of St Johns Church. He coordinated it with the end of his press conference in the rose garden. Barr surveyed the protesters personally approx 20 minutes before they tear gassed them. 

Reports on Twitter are saying that Trump did it because he was being mocked for retreating to the White House bunker Friday night. He wanted to show that he could walk around without fear. If that's the case, then why do you have use tear gas and rubber bullets to clear protesters? Such a tough guy, walking around when when everyone has been pushed out of sight. 

I don't agree with violent protesters, I don't agree with people damaging property. But, I also don't agree with taking away rights to protest peacefully. I see the 1st Amendment being just as important as the 2nd Amendment. At times, both lead to less than desirable outcomes. But, they need to be defended. 

Trump has done a lot of disgusting things during his Presidency. Many of them, I don't really care about. This was a direct attack on every American's rights. 

And tear gas is banned in warfare, but it's okay to use on your own citizens. That's pretty focked up. 

Just now, Leeson said:

And tear gas is banned in warfare, but it's okay to use on your own citizens. That's pretty focked up. 

Are you thinking of nerve gas? 

Remember when Obama took all the military equipment and tactical vehicles from the police departments?  Good job. 

6 minutes ago, Leeson said:

You can buy it at Spencer’s Gifts dummy.

1 minute ago, Alias Detective said:

You can buy it at Spencer’s Gifts dummy.

You think that is the same as what they are shooting at protesters?

Just now, Leeson said:

You think that is the same as what they are shooting at protesters?

You should join the protests. That is horrible and something should be done. Where is the nearest protest to you? 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You should join the protests. That is horrible and something should be done. Where is the nearest protest to you? 

Maybe I have. 

2 minutes ago, Leeson said:

Maybe I have. 

Wow! Look as you! I Salute! What was it like? 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Wow! Look as you! I Salute! What was it like? 

I said maybe. 

This is why you're having trouble understanding what I'm talking about. You may not agree with the reason for the protests. That really doesn't matter. You should care that peaceful protesters are being met with violence in order for a POTUS to take a photo. 

If it was Obama, you would have grabbed your hood and noose, and ran to DC. 

2 minutes ago, Leeson said:

I said maybe. 

This is why you're having trouble understanding what I'm talking about. You may not agree with the reason for the protests. That really doesn't matter. You should care that peaceful protesters are being met with violence in order for a POTUS to take a photo. 

If it was Obama, you would have grabbed your hood and noose, and ran to DC. 

I voted for Obama, so I doubt it. Speaking as a man who actually got involved in causes I believe in, I can only tell you you’re missing out and will always feel empty that you wouldn’t man up during these crucial times for your cause.  You should really get involved 

2 hours ago, Leeson said:

Sounds awesome.

I voted for Obama, so I doubt it. Speaking as a man who actually got involved in causes I believe in, I can only tell you you’re missing out and will always feel empty that you wouldn’t man up during these crucial times for your cause.  You should really get involved 

I'm happy with the choices I've made. I'll be okay with this one.

Besides, I'm still wearing a mask in my own home.

14 minutes ago, DonS said:

I stand corrected.  :cheers:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tear_gas#Warfare

From same article:

Police and civilian self-defense use is not banned in the same manner.

Yeah. But it makes you wonder why?

We have laws preventing most civilians from owning fully automatic machine guns, but our military has tons of them. Although we can't use tear gas in warfare it's okay to use on our own people. 

1 minute ago, Leeson said:

We have laws preventing most civilians from owning fully automatic machine guns, but our military has tons of them. Although we can't use tear gas in warfare it's okay to use on our own people. 

It definitely surprised me regarding tear gas in warfare, but apparently dem are the rules. :dunno:

And yeah, even more businesses just said screw it and shut down. Until all this crap is blowing over. I mean, they literally just opened up from covid-19. And between the b******* covid-19 and b criminal lives matter crew, they're screwing over every business.

Like I said, don't worry about the second round of covet. Worry about the coming round of business closures. You can't be shut down for two or three months and then told you can only do 25% capacity tuntil 10 p.m. and then have rioters scaring the s*** out of your customers.

I have literally watched this s*** happen firsthand.

10 minutes ago, Leeson said:

Hey, remember in the run-up to the Iraq war? Big stories about how Saddam would shock his prisoners with a car battery. Do the math on a car battery versus today's tasers.

3 hours ago, Bert said:

Isn't this an oxymoron?

Nope. There are major cities in relation to other cities in the state. It’s all relative. 

Thankfully so far so good in Raleigh, NC compared to the past couple nights.  There were peaceful protests all day today with little to no issues, looks like the nighttime hoodlums got the message it wasn't going down tonight.  Big LEO presence downtown, and no violence.  I don't think that is a coincidence. 

Well, last night we had 12 to 15 SWATS with very large guns show up because two kids were tagging a rent a dumpster at the bar I was working. I understand that situations can get out of hand quickly, that kind of Overkill just invites really bad results. And, with all the other s*** that's going on? Keeping the world safe from spray paint should be on the bottom of the list. But these guys are bored and looking for an excuse. 

1 rmp tcould have tripped  cherries and siren and those kids would have scattered.

4 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Well, last night we had 12 to 15 SWATS with very large guns show up because two kids were tagging a rent a dumpster at the bar I was working. I understand that situations can get out of hand quickly, that kind of Overkill just invites really bad results. And, with all the other s*** that's going on? Keeping the world safe from spray paint should be on the bottom of the list. But these guys are bored and looking for an excuse. 

1 rmp tcould have tripped  cherries and siren and those kids would have scattered.

When it's your life on the line, you bring overkill. 

1 minute ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

When it's your life on the line, you bring overkill. 

Death by spray paint?

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Nope. There are major cities in relation to other cities in the state. It’s all relative. 

I was mostly busting your chops but to compare the tiny cities in Iowa to what is going on in the real cities in America is ridiculous.  Hell, the suburb I live in would be the 2nd largest “city” in Iowa.  

7 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

That may be one of the dumbest things I’ve read in a while. 

I’d say it’s real genius. 

Just now, wiffleball said:

Death by spray paint?

Sure. Cause those two angels don't have a gun in their wasteband. And while you're chasing and arresting them, a whole armed mob won't materialize around the corner.

If I'm a cop, I'm not going anywhere near these riots without riot gear and loads of backup. They are being targeted. 

9 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

The children of the animals looting and burning stores downtown?  Most likely.  

1 minute ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Sure. Cause those two angels don't have a gun in their wasteband. And while you're chasing and arresting them, a whole armed mob won't materialize around the corner.

If I'm a cop, I'm not going anywhere near these riots without riot gear and loads of backup. They are being targeted. 

if you're good cop, you have enough sense to pick your battles in a situation like this.

If you get your ass kicked chasing down kid with a can of spray paint? That's on you. Any competent cop would say the same thing. Considering the circumstance. Consider the situation. Consider the crime. Consider the possibilities.

End of the day, the reason we're having these issues is because dumb s*** cops don't do the above.

Just now, wiffleball said:

if you're good cop, you have enough sense to pick your battles in a situation like this.

If you get your ass kicked chasing down kid with a can of spray paint? That's on you. Any competent cop would say the same thing. Considering the circumstance. Consider the situation. Consider the crime. Consider the possibilities.

End of the day, the reason we're having these issues is because dumb s*** cops don't do the above.

I assume they didn't roll out in force to respond to those two, but were on patrol and happened on it. 

Now yeah, just like fishing. Throw the guppies back. It's a waste of resources to tie up a whole swat team on that. 

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

The children of the animals looting and burning stores downtown?  Most likely.  

I don't give a s*** if it's their illegitimate child from a third mother. Even the owner manager was yelling at the cops saying they're on private property and refused to file complaint.

Why? Because he had enough sense to pick his battles.

a really bad situation occurred it could have gotten a whole lot worse really fast. And literally, nothing came of it.

Again, roll a cruiser after those kids blow the siren, make them piss their pants and run away. Nothing happens. 

If you honestly don't see why having 15 heavily armed cops swooping on two kids with spray cans in the current environment is a really stupid f****** idea, then I can't help you.

4 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

I don't give a s*** if it's their illegitimate child from a third mother. Even the owner manager was yelling at the cops saying they're on private property and refused to file complaint.

Why? Because he had enough sense to pick his battles.

a really bad situation occurred it could have gotten a whole lot worse really fast. And literally, nothing came of it.

Again, roll a cruiser after those kids blow the siren, make them piss their pants and run away. Nothing happens. 

If you honestly don't see why having 15 heavily armed cops swooping on two kids with spray cans in the current environment is a really stupid f****** idea, then I can't help you.

I dunno. The cops need to send a message to the hood... "party is over. They ain't focking around no more."