Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Protests in your city or town? Thread

5 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I dunno. The cops need to send a message to the hood... "party is over. They ain't focking around no more."

The message has been to kneel. 

In West des moines we have a pretty big mall. About half mile from our house, pretty nice area. Guess they are meeting up there.

I'll probably stay up a little later tonight but not overly worried.

9 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

I don't give a s*** if it's their illegitimate child from a third mother. Even the owner manager was yelling at the cops saying they're on private property and refused to file complaint.

Why? Because he had enough sense to pick his battles.

a really bad situation occurred it could have gotten a whole lot worse really fast. And literally, nothing came of it.

Again, roll a cruiser after those kids blow the siren, make them piss their pants and run away. Nothing happens. 

If you honestly don't see why having 15 heavily armed cops swooping on two kids with spray cans in the current environment is a really stupid f****** idea, then I can't help you.

10 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

I don't give a s*** if it's their illegitimate child from a third mother. Even the owner manager was yelling at the cops saying they're on private property and refused to file complaint.

Why? Because he had enough sense to pick his battles.

a really bad situation occurred it could have gotten a whole lot worse really fast. And literally, nothing came of it.

Again, roll a cruiser after those kids blow the siren, make them piss their pants and run away. Nothing happens. 

If you honestly don't see why having 15 heavily armed cops swooping on two kids with spray cans in the current environment is a really stupid f****** idea, then I can't help you.

:lol:

6 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I dunno. The cops need to send a message to the hood... "party is over. They ain't focking around no more."

Well, these particular hoodlums make Justin Bieber look like Dennis rodman.

Probably have an inhaler to counteract the effects of the spray paint.

Reports now that a group of cops were run over in Buffalo. 

6 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

That's what happened in my city.  Big LEO presence and well, the locals went home and the out of town folks went somewhere else to do their shenanigans. 

Just now, wiffleball said:

Well, these particular hoodlums make Justin Bieber look like Dennis rodman.

Probably have an inhaler to counteract the effects of the spray paint.

And they're gonna run back and talk to their hood rat friends. If their story is "man, fock those Whitney's. We tagged it up right in front of the cops" then 30 of their buddies are in for round 2.

If the message is, "Where's Reggie and Tyrone? Oh, they're in juvie?" that's better. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Reports now that a group of cops were run over in Buffalo. 

Well hell. Everyone runs over Buffalo. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wiffleball said:

Okay, I laughed. 

:lol:

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Bert said:

I was mostly busting your chops but to compare the tiny cities in Iowa to what is going on in the real cities in America is ridiculous.  Hell, the suburb I live in would be the 2nd largest “city” in Iowa.  

I wasn’t comparing any cities in Iowa to cities in other states. I guess the jokes about Iowa just get old for me 

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I wasn’t comparing any cities in Iowa to cities in other states. I guess the jokes about Iowa just get old for me 

I always liked this one... 

22 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The message has been to kneel. 

Message will be sent when they come to middle class neighborhoods and get lit up. They won't come back. 

1 minute ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I always liked this one... 

That one is pretty good. 

1 minute ago, shorepatrol said:

Message will be sent when they come to middle class neighborhoods and get lit up. They won't come back. 

Then they'll promptly arrest a bunch of "white supremacists" defending their "bastions of privilege" and the Civil War can really get going. 

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

That one is pretty good. 

Ive been to des Moines about 4 times about 20 years ago. Was a damn nice town. I remember the kum n go gas station chain, getting hammered at the drake diner, and eating at some Italian restaurant with a fire truck inside. 

8 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Then they'll promptly arrest a bunch of "white supremacists" defending their "bastions of privilege" and the Civil War can really get going. 

Bust in, attempt to burn down houses gets you dead justifiably in any state. I have insurance on my cars. Not shooting over that. Some dumbsh!ts WILL light them up. Ya, faction civil war will happen if they come in to middle class neighborhoods

56 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Not this year, b1tch!!!! (hopefully) 

48 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Bust in, attempt to burn down houses gets you dead justifiably in any state. I have insurance on my cars. Not shooting over that. Some dumbsh!ts WILL light them up. Ya, faction civil war will happen if they come in to middle class neighborhoods

Yes, they would. But some guy would go "too far." someone would get shot in the back as they fled. Someone would give a wounded rioter a coup de gras to the temple. And that would be illegal and would get pounced on. 

16 hours ago, DonS said:

I need to check on my son who's down in Beaverton, OR.  He's maybe a half mile from Nike headquarters.  That would be like the ultimate sneaker looting score!!!!

20190224_102640.jpg

10 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Youse 

To anyone who has ever accuses HT of being Recliner Pilot,  please account for how "youse" is pretty much exclusive to New York City.

When I read the posts here at FFToday, everyone types with a Michigan accent in my head, but I simply cannot account for "youse."

26 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

To anyone who has ever accuses HT of being Recliner Pilot,  please account for how "youse" is pretty much exclusive to New York City.

When I read the posts here at FFToday, everyone types with a Michigan accent in my head, but I simply cannot account for "youse."

No, HT is clearly not RP.

Wonder whatever happened to that focking doosh. 

He vanished around the same time as gfiafp, no? Could those two crazies be the same crazy person? 

9 hours ago, Leeson said:

I said maybe. 

This is why you're having trouble understanding what I'm talking about. You may not agree with the reason for the protests. That really doesn't matter. You should care that peaceful protesters are being met with violence in order for a POTUS to take a photo. 

If it was Obama, you would have grabbed your hood and noose, and ran to DC. 

For 8 years if anyone disagreed with your messiah they were labeled racist.  It was like debating with a middle schooler.  And not an 8th grader ready for high school; more like a 6th grader fresh out of elementary school who eats bugs off of windshields to impress the older kids.  JFC...

8 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Ive been to des Moines about 4 times about 20 years ago. Was a damn nice town. I remember the kum n go gas station chain, getting hammered at the drake diner, and eating at some Italian restaurant with a fire truck inside. 

Des Moines is a pretty nice city. Iowa City is a great college city and it’s pretty small. The majority of Iowa is pretty flat and boring but NE Iowa is completely different. Traveling along the Mississippi River heading north is very scenic. 

Every day I wake up I am happy I live in rural michigan. We had 30 protesters yesterday at the county courthouse but the country courthouse is right downtown jackson  and we are probably 20 mins away. In my little town nothing at all has happened and I do not expect it to. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

For 8 years if anyone disagreed with your messiah they were labeled racist.  It was like debating with a middle schooler.  And not an 8th grader ready for high school; more like a 6th grader fresh out of elementary school who eats bugs off of windshields to impress the older kids.  JFC...

For a fantasy football message board, this one appears to have the most racists. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. What they post here is what they are judged upon. I wasn't here during the Obama administration. But, I doubt many of the Trump supporters in here had nice things to say about Obama. 

I stand by my comment. If Obama ordered the use of force on peaceful protesters, just so he could take a stroll across the street for a photo op, the racists (here and elsewhere) would have come unglued. 

11 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

I live in the middle of 45 acres.  If a black or brown steps foot on my property......

You must not get many UPS deliveries?

1 hour ago, Leeson said:

For a fantasy football message board, this one appears to have the most racists. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. What they post here is what they are judged upon. I wasn't here during the Obama administration. But, I doubt many of the Trump supporters in here had nice things to say about Obama. 

I stand by my comment. If Obama ordered the use of force on peaceful protesters, just so he could take a stroll across the street for a photo op, the racists (here and elsewhere) would have come unglued. 

I'm not surprised to see you double down on your 6th grade logic that if you opposed an Obama policy, you hated them negroes.  It's intellectually simplistic and helps you to avoid cognitive dissonance with his actual policies.  :thumbsup:

For the record, if that indeed is what Trump did, I'm not a fan.  Although I would guess, Trump and more likely Trump's handlers did the "photo op" part, and the Secret Service did the "crowd control" part.  NewbieObserver tells me that Trump is the girliest president evah so I'm sure he wasn't out there personally guns blazing.

18 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I'm not surprised to see you double down on your 6th grade logic that if you opposed an Obama policy, you hated them negroes.  It's intellectually simplistic and helps you to avoid cognitive dissonance with his actual policies.  :thumbsup:

For the record, if that indeed is what Trump did, I'm not a fan.  Although I would guess, Trump and more likely Trump's handlers did the "photo op" part, and the Secret Service did the "crowd control" part.  NewbieObserver tells me that Trump is the girliest president evah so I'm sure he wasn't out there personally guns blazing.

I'm surprised you're not surprised. I had concerns about Obama policy. Admittedly, those opinions are based on other people's experience with it. IE my brother is self employed and his health insurance went up considerably. Therefore, he wasn't a fan and was vocal in regards to it's problems. I have no first hand experience, we have our own health insurance through another source. It certainly is/was a polarizing issue in this country that seemed to form along party lines. At it's foundation, healthcare is an issue in this country. I believe our government should be working on a solution to make it accessible for everyone. The first iteration may not be perfect, but at least it was a start. 

It was Trump. I'm sure the drones here will contest that I am just parroting CNN headlines. I watched the events unfold live on multiple news sources. Oddly enough, none are considered reliable any longer, even by Trump. I watched the protesters being moved away from Lafayette Park with force. Watch the videos and decide for yourself. There is one Law Enforcement Officer pushing protesters to the ground with his shield. The protester tries to get up and the cop pushes him/her to the ground again. Why? They weren't arresting any of them, they wanted them to move. Did they think that protesters can crawl away faster than they can walk? They dispersed the crowd with tear gas. You can hear the explosions during Trumps press conference from the rose garden. His ending statement "Thank you very much and now I’m going to pay my respects to a very, very special place. Thank you very much." 

He then walked through Lafayette Park and stood in front of St Johns Church. Even a 6th grader can see that he ordered the physical attack of peaceful protesters for a photo op. Of all the things he's done, or will do, this will get a ton of play leading up to the election. His slow response and bumbling of the pandemic is one thing. Trampling the Constitution pisses people off on both sides. 

57 minutes ago, Leeson said:

I'm surprised you're not surprised. I had concerns about Obama policy. Admittedly, those opinions are based on other people's experience with it. IE my brother is self employed and his health insurance went up considerably. Therefore, he wasn't a fan and was vocal in regards to it's problems. I have no first hand experience, we have our own health insurance through another source. It certainly is/was a polarizing issue in this country that seemed to form along party lines. At it's foundation, healthcare is an issue in this country. I believe our government should be working on a solution to make it accessible for everyone. The first iteration may not be perfect, but at least it was a start. 

It was Trump. I'm sure the drones here will contest that I am just parroting CNN headlines. I watched the events unfold live on multiple news sources. Oddly enough, none are considered reliable any longer, even by Trump. I watched the protesters being moved away from Lafayette Park with force. Watch the videos and decide for yourself. There is one Law Enforcement Officer pushing protesters to the ground with his shield. The protester tries to get up and the cop pushes him/her to the ground again. Why? They weren't arresting any of them, they wanted them to move. Did they think that protesters can crawl away faster than they can walk? They dispersed the crowd with tear gas. You can hear the explosions during Trumps press conference from the rose garden. His ending statement "Thank you very much and now I’m going to pay my respects to a very, very special place. Thank you very much." 

He then walked through Lafayette Park and stood in front of St Johns Church. Even a 6th grader can see that he ordered the physical attack of peaceful protesters for a photo op. Of all the things he's done, or will do, this will get a ton of play leading up to the election. His slow response and bumbling of the pandemic is one thing. Trampling the Constitution pisses people off on both sides. 

I was told your peaceful protesters set the church ablaze. Is that fake news or are you deliberatly ignoring that fact?

The left is gonna be conflicted if a mosque gets set on fire in the name of "justice". 

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

I was told your peaceful protesters set the church ablaze. Is that fake news or are you deliberatly ignoring that fact?

My peaceful protesters? Why are they mine and not ours? And who told you that the peaceful protesters set the church on fire? Isn't that an oxymoron? As soon as they start the fire, they are no longer peaceful protesters. The same way someone is a lawful gun owner, up until the point he uses that gun to commit a crime. 

Rioters (non peaceful protesters) attempted to set the church on fire the day before. During yesterday afternoons gathering by peaceful protesters, nobody was trying to set it on fire.

We have laws to address rioters that commit arson and we have an Amendment to address the right to peacefully protest. You seem to want to alter them to fit you narrative.

5 minutes ago, Leeson said:

My peaceful protesters? Why are they mine and not ours? And who told you that the peaceful protesters set the church on fire? Isn't that an oxymoron? As soon as they start the fire, they are no longer peaceful protesters. The same way someone is a lawful gun owner, up until the point he uses that gun to commit a crime. 

Rioters (non peaceful protesters) attempted to set the church on fire the day before. During yesterday afternoons gathering by peaceful protesters, nobody was trying to set it on fire.

We have laws to address rioters that commit arson and we have an Amendment to address the right to peacefully protest. You seem to want to alter them to fit you narrative.

Why don’t you just stfu and put on the news without the sound? If your neighborhood was being torn apart I don’t think you’d be playing all high and mighty about amendments and peaceful protesters. Not for a second. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why don’t you just stfu and put on the news without the sound? If your neighborhood was being torn apart I don’t think you’d be playing all high and mighty about amendments and peaceful protesters. Not for a second. 

Okay, tough guy. Where have I defended any looting, violence or vandalism. You are defending the violent actions of the police and national guard. A deaf person would have come to the same conclusion watching things unfold yesterday. 

You seem to have a hard time understanding that 90% of the people protesting are doing so peacefully. But, you want to concentrate on the 10%. Throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Which allows you to ignore the problem and justify attacks. Quit saying peaceful protesters are tearing apart neighborhoods. It's the same as saying all black people are thieves. It's lazy and it's why I call you a racist.

Something to keep in mind, there haven't been any deaths to the general public (non protesters) due to these protests. There have been a handful of deaths to protesters being shot (Omaha, Louisville) and there have been law enforcement officers that have died. Those are terrible deaths. My point is, with all the fires being lit, odds are some occupied building would have gone up in flames. But, it hasn't. If ALL the protesters are causing damage, more innocent people would be caught in the crossfire. It's happening, but it's being perpetrated by the police on peaceful protesters and even members of the press (who are also protected by the Constitution).

Just want to make sure you have a basement bunker available in case things get too scary for you. 

3 minutes ago, Leeson said:

Okay, tough guy. Where have I defended any looting, violence or vandalism. You are defending the violent actions of the police and national guard. A deaf person would have come to the same conclusion watching things unfold yesterday. 

You seem to have a hard time understanding that 90% of the people protesting are doing so peacefully. But, you want to concentrate on the 10%. Throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Which allows you to ignore the problem and justify attacks. Quit saying peaceful protesters are tearing apart neighborhoods. It's the same as saying all black people are thieves. It's lazy and it's why I call you a racist.

Something to keep in mind, there haven't been any deaths to the general public (non protesters) due to these protests. There have been a handful of deaths to protesters being shot (Omaha, Louisville) and there have been law enforcement officers that have died. Those are terrible deaths. My point is, with all the fires being lit, odds are some occupied building would have gone up in flames. But, it hasn't. If ALL the protesters are causing damage, more innocent people would be caught in the crossfire. It's happening, but it's being perpetrated by the police on peaceful protesters and even members of the press (who are also protected by the Constitution).

Just want to make sure you have a basement bunker available in case things get too scary for you. 

Clown. 

A march is starting in Downtown Houston in 5 minutes.  It is organized by two rappers I believe.  Hopefully it is peaceful.  After the vandalism and looting during the first "peaceful" March  some businesses have boarded up.  Many offices that had opened closed.

15 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Clown. 

This is your M.O. When you know you're wrong, and can't bring an intelligent rebuttal, you resort to name calling. 

Have a nice day. 

5 minutes ago, Leeson said:

This is your M.O. When you know you're wrong, and can't bring an intelligent rebuttal, you resort to name calling. 

Have a nice day. 

My MO is to also call clowns clown. Have a good one.