Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

The second wave

Anyone think these protests are going to lead to a second wave of covid 19? I mean just a month or 2 ago the super spreader events were funerals and small gatherings. Now suddenly we have 100k people in the streets in different locations. Sweating on each other. Running around breathing heavy. Even if they are wearing masks that still can only help so much because paper masks are not meant to be worn and protested/rioted in. When I look a the protests I see mass super spreader events. 

Why not? I can't see a way that this would not happen unless covid19 is fake. 

• Thanks 1

It’s overwhelmingly spread indoors, in places like nursing homes. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s overwhelmingly spread indoors, in places like nursing homes. 

or jails?

1 minute ago, kilroy69 said:

or jails?

Yeah. If they actually start arresting and jailing these people instead of catching and releasing them I guess it would be a problem. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah. If they actually start arresting and jailing these people instead of catching and releasing them I guess it would be a problem. 

I know. I sound paranoid. But the idea that just a few months ago we shut the economy down and was not allowing gatherings of any outside family and now its ok to be side by side within inches of each other?  Something is not right 

I would think there would some kind of spike but nothing too crazy.  From what I've been told, people need to be within 6 feet of a contagious person for more than 15 minutes to really be concerned.

No. Turns out COVID19 does not spread as easily as previously thought. You need prolonged exposure to get infected in most cases. And that's from the CDC so take it for what it's worth.

4 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

I know. I sound paranoid. But the idea that just a few months ago we shut the economy down and was not allowing gatherings of any outside family and now its ok to be side by side within inches of each other?  Something is not right 

We didn’t know.  But now we do. Time to cut the nonsense. But now we have zoo animals running amuck in the streets so that has to be dealt with. 

If it leads to a second wave, the media and democrats will try to blame it on Trump, saying his tough talk made them riot more than they would have.

They enemy media and the enemy governors  will certainly go that route if the latest shenanigans don't result in the ability to steal the election. 

1 hour ago, kilroy69 said:

Anyone think these protests are going to lead to a second wave of covid 19? I mean just a month or 2 ago the super spreader events were funerals and small gatherings. Now suddenly we have 100k people in the streets in different locations. Sweating on each other. Running around breathing heavy. Even if they are wearing masks that still can only help so much because paper masks are not meant to be worn and protested/rioted in. When I look a the protests I see mass super spreader events. 

Your governor promised that everyone protesting against her policies  a few weeks would cause a second wave and force her to extend the lock down.  What does she have to say about the current protests?  Or maybe MDC.  He was an expert on the subject a few weeks ago.  Does he have an opinion?

I hope so.  If all these looters die from covid so be it.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

That’s entirely up to Bezos or if he thinks that well has run dry.

Nice. 

2 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

Maybe the shutdown wasn’t right.

I doubt it.  I bet most of the people protesting/rioting weren't following social distancing guidelines to begin with.  Many probably have unknowingly already had it too...

8 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

I doubt it.  I bet most of the people protesting/rioting weren't following social distancing guidelines to begin with.  Many probably have unknowingly already had it too...

As I watch all the looting and pillaging and rioting footage, I am always so disturbed by the lack of Karens around to lecture them on social distancing protocols.

23 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Maybe the shutdown wasn’t right.

Maybe it was. I don’t know.  But once that curve was flattened they should have begun easing up and moving towards reopening immediately. And the areas that were not part of the curve to begin with should have been opened sooner. 

I now have personally known 3 with Covid. All said "meh.  a little tired-- that's it" . One had loss of taste and smell.

Hmmm, I would be entertained by these whiney little babies getting them some COVID....

3 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

I now have personally known 3 with Covid. All said "meh.  a little tired-- that's it" . One had loss of taste and smell.

It varies from person to person, just like most viruses.  I know some were over it quick with just fatigue, headache and fever.  I know another person was very ill but he also has other health issues that made it worse.  As long as you're in good health it shouldn't be all that bad.  It's just a matter of not spreading it to those who are not in as good of health.

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It varies from person to person, just like most viruses.  I know some were over it quick with just fatigue, headache and fever.  I know another person was very ill but he also has other health issues that made it worse.  As long as you're in good health it shouldn't be all that bad.  It's just a matter of not spreading it to those who are not in as good of health.

Bingo. 

4 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I would think there would some kind of spike but nothing too crazy.  From what I've been told, people need to be within 6 feet of a contagious person for more than 15 minutes to really be concerned.

Cmon man, they have no idea.  6 feet, 15 minutes... they are pulling numbers out of their ass.

Hopefully just enough to kill off the riff raff. 

22 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Cmon man, they have no idea.  6 feet, 15 minutes... they are pulling numbers out of their ass.

No covid cooties have little watches that after 14 min 59 sec they are free to attack. Science man, come on don't be a denier.

4 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Your governor promised that everyone protesting against her policies  a few weeks would cause a second wave and force her to extend the lock down.  What does she have to say about the current protests?  Or maybe MDC.  He was an expert on the subject a few weeks ago.  Does he have an opinion?

She opened the state up 2 weeks early is her response.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drobeski said:

No covid cooties have little watches that after 14 min 59 sec they are free to attack. Science man, come on don't be a denier.

My wife and I were joking (kinda) about this magical 6 ft number.  We've probably invested billions of dollars in infrastructure to adapt places to this spacing.  It would be funny (kinda, not really) if Fauci or some other doc came out and said "ya know... 7 ft would be better!"  This would never happen of course because the powers that be know that the new number is made up as well, and they would get eviscerated if we had to redo all of the stickers on the floors.  

27 minutes ago, BiffTannen said:

Hopefully just enough to kill off the riff raff. 

Ho, ho, ho, I kicked in the door

yall act like you never see riff raff before :banana:

A guy I know says he knows someone in the medical field who says their hospital was told to report as many deaths as possible as COVID to get some kind of funding or insurance or whatever. 

1 minute ago, tanatastic said:

A guy I know says he knows someone in the medical field who says their hospital was told to report as many deaths as possible as COVID to get some kind of funding or insurance or whatever. 

Well, if that isn't a smoking gun, I don't know what is. :lol:

55 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I think they’re are just going by probability of getting sick. There are so many people trying to get tested for no other reason than fear. That makes it harder for those who are actually sick to get tested. 

2 hours ago, RLLD said:

Hmmm, I would be entertained by these whiney little babies getting them some COVID....

Well that would be Trump's fault of course! 

5 minutes ago, DonS said:

Well that would be Trump's fault of course! 

I completely agree that Trump is not responsible for everything that happens, even though that goes against what Trump said about being President, but, what is he actually responsible for then?  It seems he's only responsible for whatever anyone finds to fit their agenda.

Stock market goes up - Reps credit Trump

Stock market goes down - Dems blame Trump

Job numbers up - Reps credit Trump

Job numbers down - Dems blame Trump

COVID - Reps blame Dem leadership and Dems blame Trump

No matter what, it's the other party's fault.  Everyone sucks.

• Like 1