Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

When this crisis is over, how do you feel about going to sporting events?

When this crisis is over, how do you feel about going to sporting events?  Owners, GMs, coaches, and players have focused on support of the protests and not quelling the violence.  They have criticized Trump when he seems to be the only one trying to stop the riots.  How do you feel about spending hundreds to thousands of dollars to go to venues and watching them perform?  Does the thought make you a little sick?  Have you thought about just not giving them money and staying home or doing something else?

They can't seem to be concerned about my safety nor my ability to do everyday things.  Why should I give them my money?

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

Only if they’re on the moon.

Moon, Dallas, the same to you. 

55 minutes ago, MDC said:

Only if they’re on the moon.

They estimate that Alan Shepard hit that golf ball upwards of 2.5 miles and it stayed in the air for 70 seconds.

6 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Didn't we already have this conversation?

I thought the other thread was about after the covid mess.  It seems this one is about after the rioting mess. 

Just now, DonS said:

I thought the other thread was about after the covid mess.  It seems this one is about after the rioting mess. 

Ah, I see.  Carry on then.

Covid was a problem but it's already over. They can now treat anyone effectively enough. Only the fatties and losers are now dying. Who cares about them. They are fat for a reason.

1 hour ago, DonS said:

Mine was about Covid and returning to stadiums and arena’s

Judging by recent protests, it is perfectly okay to go to concerts and sporting events, without masks

8 minutes ago, edjr said:

Judging by recent protests, it is perfectly okay to go to concerts and sporting events, without masks

When does edex start back up?

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Only if it's a hip hop concert though. 

13 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

When does edex start back up?

Next week. I believe it is a stacked tournament?  literally anyone could win

11 minutes ago, edjr said:

Next week. I believe it is a stacked tournament?  literally anyone could win

👍👍

It's the way it always was in Oakland.

Hopefully we get a vaccine and everything returns to normal and the entire human race puts 2020 behind us.

Live sporting events have out priced there value. 

I watched Super Bowl Xlll yesterday, a great game and it showed how the NFL has screwed up the game. Today’s NFL is a joke!

Honestly, I’m done with it all.  I’ll spend time with my family, golf and fish.  Plus, you know, that thing called working for a living. 

With that said, one of my boys loves baseball, the other soccer, both play basketball.  I’ll coach and be supportive in both.   I love youth sports, it teaches how to be a good teammate, how to win and most importantly lose, you make friends of all different demographics.  I love sports at its core.

But I truly believe most people watch professional sports at the high next level, just for that.  They want to feel the team, the winning, the insanity of competition, the sports moments, the University or city coming together; Nothing else. Joy.

Seriously though, is there anything sacred left? Do we really have to make SPORTS, where everybody of all different races, colors, creeds and religions are loved and accepted a place where we point political fingers, instead of all putting our hands in unity together before the game and saying “What time is it?  Game Time!”

It  was the one refuge from all the madness.  Rooned.

• Thanks 1

https://sports.yahoo.com/president-vows-not-watch-nfl-005706963.html

I think you don't buy tickets, watch games, or buy merch.

President vows not to watch NFL if players kneel
Mike Florio
ProFootball Talk on NBC Sports•June 13, 2020

The kneeling-equals-disrespect crowd recently has turned their attention to the U.S. national soccer team, which recently repealed a rule that prohibits players from kneeling during the anthem.

The rule, passed in 2017 after Megan Rapinoe kneeled in support of Colin Kaepernick, is now gone, and those who refuse to understand that peaceful protest during the anthem isn’t about disrespecting the flag, the military, or the country (and/or those who really don’t care about the issue but think they can score points with their base by making an issue of it) are sounding off.

One of them is Jim Jordan, the Ohio shirtsleeves Congressman who has yet to face his reckoning for allegedly failing to protect Ohio State wrestlers from a sexually abusive doctor when Jordan served as an assistant coach there.

“Let me get this straight,” Jordan tweeted, “UNITED STATES Soccer won’t stand for the UNITED STATES National Anthem?”

The President retweeted Jordan’s point, with this added message for pro football from Donald Trump: “And it looks like the NFL is heading in that direction also, but not with me watching!”

It’s the latest salvo in a culture war that the President sees as a no-lose proposition. Banging this drum rallies the base and who cares if those who aren’t on his side anyway don’t like it? The miscalculation here relates to those in the middle, those who have had an awakening in the past 19 days and who regard the kneeing-is-disrespect trope as outdated.

Regardless, the lines are drawn and it’s clear that the President will continue to push the button. It will be interesting to see what he has to say once he sees recent comment from men like Bill O’Brien, J.J. Watt, and Baker Mayfield.

I wont go, and its got nothing to do with the fear of getting sick

I wont spend another dollar on sporting events or merch again, they had the chance to be something to bring the country together (especially baseball and NBA) and failed.  I no longer miss it

With all the cultural and political bullsh1t now, I wouldn't pay to see anyone play anything.  Fock em all.  I'm just waiting for some jagoff to roon the Tour de France. 

Also not getting Sunday ticket, which means I can now get rid of direct tv, and am up in the air about red zone. 

25 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Also not getting Sunday ticket, which means I can now get rid of direct tv, and am up in the air about red zone. 

Red Zone is a part of a package which has other sports channels her with Comcast/Xfinity.  It's not a sole offer from the NFL.

due to ticket master madness and prices, I was done with major sports and large concert venues.  Happy to see them crash and burn