Alias Detective

Defund the police

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't agree with letting theft go like that but I did read that they are not letting all theft go under $750.  If somehow they can prove it was for economic gain they will prosecute.  Still dumb.

"Criminalizing poverty is counter-productive for our community’s health and safety. For that reason, this office will not prosecute theft of personal items less than $750 unless the evidence shows that the alleged theft was for economic gain."

How can any theft not be an "economic gain"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Meglamaniac said:

How can any theft not be an "economic gain"

Food

Just now, Meglamaniac said:

getting it for free is an economic gain

I’m just saying what they’re talking about. Leave the Broccoli, take the cheese doodles. 

5 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

What should the punishment be for protecting illegals? It's obstruction of justice at the very least.

Should we demand that the officials be reprimanded, or keep voting for them?

I don't know.  How did the discussion go this direction now?

1 minute ago, lickin_starfish said:

We're talking about crime and punishment.

OK.  Well, I don't know what the punishment should be.

4 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

Should they be voted into public office?

I don't have a strong opinion on it one way or the other at the moment.

You don't have an opinion on whether a person who aids criminal activity should be voted into public office or not?

Seems like it should be a no-brainer.

I don't think it's as cut and dry as that but I'd have to learn more about all of it.  At the moment I don't know enough to debate about it.

Giving illegals sanctuary is aiding criminal activity.

Giving illegals free healthcare is aiding criminal activity.

Giving illegals free housing is aiding criminal activity.

Giving illegals free education is aiding criminal activity.

Ordering law enforcement to not cooperate with ICE is aiding criminal activity.

Every Democrat candidate in the first debate vowed to do at least one of those things.

I guarangoddamntee that you plan on voting for the Democrat candidate, which tells me that you are fine with aiding and abetting criminal activity.

If you've already made up your mind on what I'm going to do, why do you even comment to me?

2 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

I was just trying to get you to admit that you are fine with criminal activity, as long as it's done by a Democrat, but you're a slippery weasel and won't come out and say it.

We all know the truth by reading between your lines.

I won't say it because it's not what I believe.  You've all made your minds up on who you think I am so it doesn't really matter.

To vote dem or rep means that I am willing to accept certain things that I don't agree with.  It won't matter which I vote for because neither represent everything I believe in.  I assume it's the same for you.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I won't say it because it's not what I believe.  You've all made your minds up on who you think I am so it doesn't really matter.

To vote dem or rep means that I am willing to accept certain things that I don't agree with.  It won't matter which I vote for because neither represent everything I believe in.  I assume it's the same for you.

Spoken like a true trooper of the deep state. 

1 minute ago, Baker Boy said:

Spoken like a true trooper of the deep state. 

I honestly don't know what that's suppose to mean.

9 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I believe in putting Americans over illegals, small Government, rule of law, lowering taxes, freedom of speech, equal rights (not special rights), gay marriage, and a woman's right to choose to end the life of the baby in her womb.

I am voting to re-elect President Trump, because he checks most of the boxes, and most importantly, he hasn't vowed to promote criminal activity like Biden has promised to do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

I believe in putting Americans over illegals, small Government, rule of law, lowering taxes, freedom of speech, equal rights (not special rights), gay marriage, and a woman's right to choose to end the life of the baby in her womb.

I am voting to re-elect President Trump, because he checks most of the boxes, and most importantly, he hasn't vowed to promote criminal activity like Biden has promised to do.

My problem is that I've always be indecisive on a lot of things in my life.  I've always been open to a lot of things and opinions.  I try to hear both sides and I tend to gain an understanding from both sides.  I find myself seeing the pros and cons in almost everything.  I originally registered as a Democrat because I knew my parents were and it seemed like they shared similar values.  As I've gotten older and learned more I've realized that they do not represent me but neither to any other parties.  I don't want to be tied to a party or any group that tries to be set in their ways.

I know that's not how you guys operate but that's just how I am and I'm not sure that will change.  If you want to label me a liberal, go ahead.  I'll just stick with what I think is right and leave it at that.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Are putting new police hires that are only making $9 an hour on the streets?

Yeah...they are forcing all the old guard out.  We have several friends that are local police...sometimes they only have 1 officer on duty at night.  Its sad.

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I know that's not how you guys operate but that's just how I am and I'm not sure that will change.  If you want to label me a liberal, go ahead.  I'll just stick with what I think is right and leave it at that.

I voted against George Bush both times. He is a slimy scumbag.

If you think it is right to vote for someone who has vowed to aid illegal behavior, then go ahead.

I'm going to delete all of my previous replies on this thread to clean it up and keep it to crime/punishment.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

That is BS too. Police should not be shooting unarmed suspects. Their goal is to have that never happen, but that is not realistic. I don't know whether the current state is that numbers are higher than is reasonable given the number of dangerous interactions that happen. That is the question.

Ultimately, part of the answer is that we should reduce the number of dangerous interactions, but there are other variables too.

How often does an unarmed suspect get shot?

4 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

Can someone explain what is meant by this?  Someone smart came up with the slogan but I’m having trouble understanding why this would be a goal.

Ignorance and stupidity.  You can fix the former but not the latter.   

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I honestly don't know what that's suppose to mean.

Of course you don’t you are indoctrinated.

Just now, Baker Boy said:

Of course you don’t you are indoctrinated.

If you're trying to insult me or something like that it's not working.  I don't know what you're talking about.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

If you're trying to insult me or something like that it's not working.  I don't know what you're talking about.

No insult, it is who you are. Embrace it, be proud of it but stop the BS open minded crap.

2 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

No insult, it is who you are. Embrace it, be proud of it but stop the BS open minded crap.

Fock off.  You don't see me trying to tell you what you are so don't try it with me.

What is it with some of you here that think you just know it all and get to tell people what they are?  Just because I think a lot of you are azzholes on here doesn't mean that you really are are, so I try not to call anyone it.

What if NWA wrote a song "Defund the Police"

What do Sting and the others have to say about this? They have made a lot of money over their careers but this is too much!

11 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Fock off.  You don't see me trying to tell you what you are so don't try it with me.

What is it with some of you here that think you just know it all and get to tell people what they are?  Just because I think a lot of you are azzholes on here doesn't mean that you really are are, so I try not to call anyone it.

Your posts speak for themselves, you come off as a guilty white man.

14 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Your posts speak for themselves, you come off as a guilty white man.

Guilty of what?

6 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Everything bad that happens to a minority.

Why would I feel guilty? I acknowledge that I’m extremely lucky for what I have and the opportunities given to me. I have nothing to feel guilty about though. 

Please do. I've been itching to discipline these dickbags for a while now. 

People need to be taught better about what cops are allowed to do.  So much of this stuff that you see people rally around on SM is actually in line with police legal authority.  Im sure alot of yall would have to look up the answer to some of these.

Can a cop make me get get of my car?

Can a cop pat me down with no PC?

Can a cop drag me out of my car of I dont sign a ticket?

When can a cop search my car when Im pulled over?

Can a cop make me show ID?  If so when?

Can a cop handcuff me without probable cause?

When can a cop hit me with a stick?

5 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

People need to be taught better about what cops are allowed to do.  So much of this stuff that you see people rally around on SM is actually in line with police legal authority.  Im sure alot of yall would have to look up the answer to some of these.

Can a cop make me get get of my car? Yes

Can a cop pat me down with no PC? No. I have the right to refuse 

Can a cop drag me out of my car of I dont sign a ticket? No

When can a cop search my car when Im pulled over? No

Can a cop make me show ID?  If so when? Yes with PC and even that is broad

Can a cop handcuff me without probable cause? If it is for my protection and theirs, yes

When can a cop hit me with a stick? If I threaten or resist arrest, he can use reasonable force

My best guess

1 minute ago, Bert said:

This is a very serious problem!  OMG! THAT IS 2 -3 TIMES THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE KILLED BY FALLING TREES EACH YEAR!!!

If you bothered to read what led to the whole item was a question to HT as to whether this is even a problem, but why not just jump in without any background or facts. :lol:

7 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Can a cop make me get get of my car?

Can a cop pat me down with no PC?

Can a cop drag me out of my car of I dont sign a ticket?

When can a cop search my car when Im pulled over?

Can a cop make me show ID?  If so when?

Can a cop handcuff me without probable cause?

When can a cop hit me with a stick?

A cop can order you to get out of your car. You can refuse but it will only invite further policing. (K9 search)

A cop can pat you down for weapons for their safety.

A cop can search your car with or without permission if they see something illegal in plain view or smell something ie: alcohol or drugs.

You are supposed to carry ID in order to identify yourself. When a cop asks for ID, you can refuse but you might take a trip you didn't want. 

You can be handcuffed while being detained. If you resist, you can escalate detainment to arrest. 

Do cops still carry Billy Clubs?

3 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

My best guess

You got number two wrong. 

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

If you bothered to read what led to the whole item was a question to HT as to whether this is even a problem, but why not just jump in without any background or facts. :lol:

Because I was trying to be funny.  Putting up one statistically irrelevant number next to another statistically irrelevant number.  :P  

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

You got number two wrong. 

With no probable cause, they can pat me down? I would imagine that is a 4th amendment item. No?