Alias Detective

Defund the police

2 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

My best guess

Not bad.  All of it varies by state obviously. 

The obvious wrong ones...

A police officer can pat you down with no PC.  A pat down is just that, an open handed pat down to look for weapons just based on officer safety. No manipulating with fingers or digging in pockets allowed. 

I mis-worded the one about being pulled from the car for not signing.  I shoulda qualified it as can they pull you from the car if you dont sign and refuse to get out.  But yes they can.  I think in all states, refusal to sign a summons is grounds for custodial arrest.  If you refuse get out, you can be taken by force

With no probable cause, they can pat me down? I would imagine that is a 4th amendment item. No?

Reasonable suspicion is the level a police officer needs to stop and question someone. If he feels that the person being stopped may have a weapon he can do a cursory pat down for his own safety. A search of the person requires PC. 

So let me get this straight.

The left: "Nobody should have guns except the Police."

The left: "Abolish the police"

Yeah, gofuckyourselves.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

A cop can order you to get out of your car. You can refuse but it will only invite further policing. (K9 search)

A cop can pat you down for weapons for their safety.

A cop can search your car with or without permission if they see something illegal in plain view or smell something ie: alcohol or drugs.

You are supposed to carry ID in order to identify yourself. When a cop asks for ID, you can refuse but you might take a trip you didn't want. 

You can be handcuffed while being detained. If you resist, you can escalate detainment to arrest. 

Do cops still carry Billy Clubs?

As far as ID, some states you have to show if they simply ask, other states cops have to have reasonable suspicion that a crime has been comitted, not necessarily by you, to make you show ID/give info.

5 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Not bad.  All of it varies by state obviously. 

The obvious wrong ones...

A police officer can pat you down with no PC.  A pat down is just that, an open handed pat down to look for weapons just based on officer safety. No manipulating with fingers or digging in pockets allowed. 

I mis-worded the one about being pulled from the car for not signing.  I shoulda qualified it as can they pull you from the car if you dont sign and refuse to get out.  But yes they can.  I think in all states, refusal to sign a summons is grounds for custodial arrest.  If you refuse get out, you can be taken by force

In MA, we don't require signature of a ticket.

I sort of require my pat down to have "manipulating with fingers", so that is where I was confused. :lol:

Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

In MA, we don't require signature of a ticket.

I sort of require my pat down to have "manipulating with fingers", so that is where I was confused. :lol:

Lmao...had no idea MA didnt make you sign.  Interesting.

6 hours ago, Voltaire said:

It's a virtue signalling method in which guilt-ridden rich white liberals give permission to criminals to deal drugs, mug, loot, and rape in areas outside their gated communities.

This is an awesome answer, and unfortunately close to the truth.

4 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

In chester w.va new police hires start at 9 dollars an hour...they could make more at wal mart.

Theres your problem.

More of these situations will evolve from defunding.  Liberals, the party that wants to have their cake and eat it too.  We need more money for schools to improve them!  We need less money for police to... uhh... improve them!  

You get what you pay for in life.  Our state legislature makes almost no money.  As a result a lot of them are idiots.  My wife and I vote for a pay raise every time it is on the ballot; it never wins because people don't want to pay those scoundrels.  Well congrats, you've guaranteed another few years of idiots, because nobody with any marketable skills would do that job.  :thumbsup:

7 hours ago, Fireballer said:

People need to be taught better about what cops are allowed to do.  So much of this stuff that you see people rally around on SM is actually in line with police legal authority.  Im sure alot of yall would have to look up the answer to some of these.

Can a cop make me get get of my car?

Can a cop pat me down with no PC?

Can a cop drag me out of my car of I dont sign a ticket?

When can a cop search my car when Im pulled over?

Can a cop make me show ID?  If so when?

Can a cop handcuff me without probable cause?

When can a cop hit me with a stick?

Well, my glove compartment is locked, so is the trunk in the back
And I know my rights, so you gon' need a warrant for that

17 minutes ago, frank said:

Well, my glove compartment is locked, so is the trunk in the back
And I know my rights, so you gon' need a warrant for that

Yep. Even with my LEO experience, nobody is gonna search me or my car w/o being arrested or a warrant. I wonr consent. Its about principal to me.  You can ask, when I refuse, dont try to convince me.  Youre a dik at that point

2 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Yep. Even with my LEO experience, nobody is gonna search me or my car w/o being arrested or a warrant. I wonr consent. Its about principal to me.  You can ask, when I refuse, dont try to convince me.  Youre a dik at that point

Well, I ain't passed the bar, but I know a little bit
Enough that you won't illegally search my sh1t

2 minutes ago, frank said:

Well, I ain't passed the bar, but I know a little bit
Enough that you won't illegally search my sh1t

More people should.  As long as you dont have sh!t in plain view, get hooked up for reckless driving or DUI, or smoke sh!t in your car, you should be 99.9% in good standing refusing a search.

12 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

That is BS too. Police should not be shooting unarmed suspects. Their goal is to have that never happen, but that is not realistic. I don't know whether the current state is that numbers are higher than is reasonable given the number of dangerous interactions that happen. That is the question.

Ultimately, part of the answer is that we should reduce the number of dangerous interactions, but there are other variables too.

Sure. Police should not shoot unarmed suspects.

But if you're chatting with a focking tweaker at 3:00am and he runs at you with his hands reaching for his clothes, which side are you gonna err on? 

Personally, I'll err on the side that doesn't risk me getting shanked with a Filthy whatever on a focking street corner.

I have zero problem with the notion that bowing up on cops gets you beat down hard. They have a tough job having to deal with wacked out violent scum multiple times a day.

Hell, when I get pulled over, hands stay on the wheel. If the officer asks me for something, I tell him I'm about to reach to location x. And I do it slowly. That is how you do it. Guess I'm privileged that I had a father to teach me that. 

34 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

More people should.  As long as you dont have sh!t in plain view, get hooked up for reckless driving or DUI, or smoke sh!t in your car, you should be 99.9% in good standing refusing a search.

Ive refused searches several twice. Once on my car, at my house.

When I was in law school, I had a party. Maybe 50 people in my house. Now, every single house within two houses of mine was owned by the school and rented by one of my party goers.

Cop comes to the door. Says he got a noise complaint. That was bs, but fine, sorry, we'll keep it down officer.

"mind if I come in and take a look around?" 

(room full of 40 ish law students and random skanks they brought) 

"yes officer, actually I do mind."

"i can get a warrant."

"then please come back when you do. Thank you sir."

Close door. Turn to party goers... 

"attention guests! If you are not 21 years of age, or have any illegal drugs on your person, get the fock out of my house."

14 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

Can someone explain what is meant by this?  Someone smart came up with the slogan but I’m having trouble understanding why this would be a goal.

Because the liberals are planning on replacing the police with Antifa.  In order to do that, the credibility of the police must be destroyed.

Ok. Let’s defund the capitol police first. You know, the police force for congress. Secret service while we are it for former presidents and Vice Presidents. Let’s do this! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, riversco said:

Because the liberals are planning on replacing the police with Antifa.  In order to do that, the credibility of the police must be destroyed.

You're going to see some city go this route very soon. They will defund the police, and or neuter them with bs regulations and basically no go zones. 

Crime will skyrocket and spill out into other areas more than it does.

Eventually, militia types and normal folk will push back. Hard. Honestly, I'm surprised none of these riots have had visitors with AR15s yet.

It's like they are deliberately trying to stir up unrest and civil war. Oh, wait, thats exactly what they are doing. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Ok. Let’s defund the capitol police first. You know, the police force for congress. Secret service while we are it for former presidents and Vice Presidents. Let’s do this! 

If I were a cop, I would refuse to serve on a democrats security detail or police their rallys at this point. 

9 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

If I were a cop, I would refuse to serve on a democrats security detail or police their rallys at this point. 

If you are pension eligible you should. It’s a lot to walk away from if you don’t. I do find it funny when people complain about police pensions. Take that away and half of these guys wouldn’t show up to work for a riot after a day or two. And I wouldn’t blame them.  

32 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

"i can get a warrant."

And you know that was a fukin lie😂

2 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

And you know that was a fukin lie😂

Of course we did. Hell, half of us were doing internships at the courthouse. Someone in the room was quite likely whichever judge was on warrant duty that nights intern.

But even knowing that, you don't start sh!t with the cops and call them a lying pig dooshbag. You say, ok sir, thank you, and shut the focking door. 

Haven't read anything other than the title of the thread. I hope some cities defund the police by large margins. Can't wait to see how that goes. 🍿

15 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Of course we did. Hell, half of us were doing internships at the courthouse. Someone in the room was quite likely whichever judge was on warrant duty that nights intern.

But even knowing that, you don't start sh!t with the cops and call them a lying pig dooshbag. You say, ok sir, thank you, and shut the focking door. 

Oh, and they like to tell you theyre gonna tear stuff up if they come back with a warrant😂.  Let me in now, we'll be nice, if I gotta get a warrant, we gonna tear shat up.

29 minutes ago, joneo said:

Haven't read anything other than the title of the thread. I hope some cities defund the police by large margins. Can't wait to see how that goes. 🍿

They are. It'll be Trumps fault though when sh!t burns 

53 minutes ago, joneo said:

It's going to speed up segregation, not just racial but economic and political segregation as well.  LA is talking about $150 million in cuts.  I am honestly giving more credence to the theory that we live in a simulation because this sh!t is just too crazy to be real.  

1 hour ago, fandandy said:

It's going to speed up segregation, not just racial but economic and political segregation as well.  LA is talking about $150 million in cuts.  I am honestly giving more credence to the theory that we live in a simulation because this sh!t is just too crazy to be real.  

Good.  L.A.   L.A.......L A IS ON FIRE....WE DON'T NEED NO POPO LET THE MUTHERFOCKER BURN...BURN MUTHERFOCKER BUUUURRRNNNNN :banana:

These protests are definitely shining a light on just how awful a large percentage of our police officers are.  definitely not surprising to hear that 40% of them are wife beaters.  They are often times on steroids and full of rage.   I said yesterday that the ratio of good protesters to bad protesters is equal to the ratio of good cops to bad cops.  I think there may be a higher percentage of bad cops.  Absolutely disgusting responses I've seen this past week.  

75 year old man is in serious condition in the hospital today because of these cops did to him yesterday.  

Just now, The Observer said:

75 year old man is in serious condition in the hospital today because of these cops did to him yesterday.  

They were suspended without pay.

Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

They were suspended without pay.

It wasn't even a tense situation.  Nothing going on around anyone.  Just asswhole cops playing tough guy.  I don't care how roided up you are, you can't look at a man and determine that he's in his 70's and frail?  Suspended doesn't cut it. This is aggrevated assault. 

7 minutes ago, The Observer said:

It wasn't even a tense situation.  Nothing going on around anyone.  Just asswhole cops playing tough guy.  I don't care how roided up you are, you can't look at a man and determine that he's in his 70's and frail?  Suspended doesn't cut it. This is aggrevated assault. 

Just a starting point, but you are leaving out the part where it was after curfew and the man approached the officers. The man needs to realize that what he is doing is really stupid and really dangerous.

Just a starting point, but you are leaving out the part where it was after curfew and the man approached the officers. The man needs to realize that what he is doing is really stupid and really dangerous.

He was an old man. He wasn't lunging at the officers. Absolutely nothing threatening in his posture. And he was alone. So there was no threat of escalation. 

3 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

That whole situation was messed up.  I don't know what that old man was doing but he shouldn't have gone towards the police.  The police probably didn't need to shove him like that considering his age.  It looked to me that the guy who shoved him felt bad and wanted to help but was told not to.  Everything about this just sucks.

This should go well.  Im sure it will be coupled with an influx of new citizens ready to embrace this change.

1 hour ago, The Observer said:

These protests are definitely shining a light on just how awful a large percentage of BLACKS are.  definitely not surprising to hear that 80% of them do not commit to their children or to the baby momma.  They are often times on drugs and full of rage.   

Finally a bit of truth from this guy.

10 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

You're going to see some city go this route very soon. They will defund the police, and or neuter them with bs regulations and basically no go zones. 

Crime will skyrocket and spill out into other areas more than it does.

Eventually, militia types and normal folk will push back. Hard. Honestly, I'm surprised none of these riots have had visitors with AR15s yet.

It's like they are deliberately trying to stir up unrest and civil war. Oh, wait, thats exactly what they are doing. 

Bring on the Pinkertons!  For the home owners associations that can afford them.  Oh your house at Newbie Dr. and MLK is on fire?  Sorry, we aren't going in that neighborhood without the police.  Your mommy on Pelosi Ave. is having a heartache?  Well, we are not going there with an ambulance. Call Lizzo-Boxer health services I am sure they can help you.

I can definitely see things getting better in these liberal controlled cities from now on. 

I think all of California and NYC should get rid of law enforcement. That would be a great start.