Alias Detective

Defund the police

The left just bought the police horse. It’s all theirs now. But that horse can be tough to ride. From here on out,   No one to push the blame on. You want to break it, you’re also going to buy it. This should be interesting. 

On 6/4/2020 at 10:03 AM, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

That is BS too. Police should not be shooting unarmed suspects. Their goal is to have that never happen, but that is not realistic. I don't know whether the current state is that numbers are higher than is reasonable given the number of dangerous interactions that happen. That is the question.

Ultimately, part of the answer is that we should reduce the number of dangerous interactions, but there are other variables too.

Here's something you're missing.  You're assuming that just because a person is unarmed, they're not a threat.  The "Hands up don't shoot" bull crap is evidence of that.  To note, it's just not a threat to the police officer, but a threat to others and that person him/herself.  Ideally, no one gets killed.  I don't recall too many incidents that were not ruled as justified shootings.  I do recall that virtually all of the ones that weren't, the cops were dealt with.  Now, if people want to say that those incidents are the problem, fine.  Let's deal with them.  But there's not a boatload to say their's an epidemic, like the Democrats pretend is true.

2 hours ago, The Observer said:

75 year old man is in serious condition in the hospital today because of these cops did to him yesterday.  

Shocking!  Issues is a large city with decades of consecutive Democrat leadership.

23 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Are putting new police hires that are only making $9 an hour on the streets?

Don't know how accurate this is, but it looks like every state is at least double that.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Shocking!  Issues is a large city with decades of consecutive Democrat leadership.

That's not allowed. :nono: Only Trump is at fault in the current day of the liberal mind.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Don't know how accurate this is, but it looks like every state is at least double that.

$9 an hour doesn't seem realistic at all.

16 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Here's something you're missing.  You're assuming that just because a person is unarmed, they're not a threat.  The "Hands up don't shoot" bull crap is evidence of that.  To note, it's just not a threat to the police officer, but a threat to others and that person him/herself.  Ideally, no one gets killed.  I don't recall too many incidents that were not ruled as justified shootings.  I do recall that virtually all of the ones that weren't, the cops were dealt with.  Now, if people want to say that those incidents are the problem, fine.  Let's deal with them.  But there's not a boatload to say their's an epidemic, like the Democrats pretend is true.

So, let me get this straight. You are saying that killing unarmed suspects (and that was what we are talking about) is reason to use lethal force to protect others and the suspect themselves?

Also, the issue of "justified shooting" is in question because, if there is systematic racism, then there could be justification for shooting a suspect even if lethal force was not justified. Go look at the Aubrey or Floyd thread to see that there are people who feel that killing a "dirt bag" is justification enough. 

BTW - I don't know that there is an epidemic. I don't see numbers that tell me that there is even a racism element at this point.

5 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The police report said the guy tripped. 😂

2 hours ago, The Observer said:

These protests are definitely shining a light on just how awful a large percentage of our police officers are.  definitely not surprising to hear that 40% of them are wife beaters.  They are often times on steroids and full of rage.   I said yesterday that the ratio of good protesters to bad protesters is equal to the ratio of good cops to bad cops.  I think there may be a higher percentage of bad cops.  Absolutely disgusting responses I've seen this past week.  

This is also true of military.  The thing is, you're assuming that they were dirtbags that became cops... not cops that became dirtbags because of the mental stress of their jobs.  Cops, as well as military people, see things that the rest of the world does not see.  There are ramifications for that.  I don't know what the ratio is, but maybe instead of crucifying them, maybe find out first. 

Just now, The Observer said:

I'm not excusing it, just pointing out where it happened.

2 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Link to the report?

11 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

So, let me get this straight. You are saying that killing unarmed suspects (and that was what we are talking about) is reason to use lethal force to protect others and the suspect themselves?

Also, the issue of "justified shooting" is in question because, if there is systematic racism, then there could be justification for shooting a suspect even if lethal force was not justified. Go look at the Aubrey or Floyd thread to see that there are people who feel that killing a "dirt bag" is justification enough. 

BTW - I don't know that there is an epidemic. I don't see numbers that tell me that there is even a racism element at this point.

Use of force, yes.  Sometimes that involves shooting.  They all need to be investigated to justify that it was a legit course of action.  As I said, the "Hand's up don't shoot" faux incident is proof of that.  If someone is threatening the life of another person and they claim they have a weapon and the cop shoots and kills that person, is that not a justified shooting... even if no weapon was found after the fact?  I'd argue that the answer is yes.  I personally don't care if the person was black, white, yellow, green, or purple.  If you claim you have a weapon and threaten another person's life, then yes, a cop has EVERY right to put a bullet in your head if the opportunity arises.

That's fine about the "justified shooting".  I've just continued to point out that the vast majority of these incidents happen in Democrat dominated leadership area's for decades where the people in charge of the police were put their by Democrats.  The people in charge of the oversight are dominantly Democrats. 

I never said it was a race issue, I don't think it is.  I have steadfastly stated that it's a Democrat issue.

13 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

$9 an hour doesn't seem realistic at all.

I can tell you this... in area's that go to $9 and hour, there will be limited police protection and crime will go up.  Many people will leave those cities, they'll mostly be white, and will then be accused of being racist for leaving area's with high minority totals.

On 6/4/2020 at 11:28 PM, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't agree with letting theft go like that but I did read that they are not letting all theft go under $750.  If somehow they can prove it was for economic gain they will prosecute.  Still dumb.

"Criminalizing poverty is counter-productive for our community’s health and safety. For that reason, this office will not prosecute theft of personal items less than $750 unless the evidence shows that the alleged theft was for economic gain."

This is mentality behind the Oberlein college sh*tbag student who thought he was entitled to steal liquor with impunity, the college's reasoning for going apesh*t on the mom and pop bakery/retailer for detaining the sh^tbag student, and the small Ohio town with small town values awarding, I forget now, like $30 million in damages to mom and pop from the woke college for defamation and being snobby condescending woke a$$hole scum at every step along the way.

On 6/4/2020 at 11:23 PM, Baker Boy said:

is it a crime if you don’t prosecute?

Dallas County DA Won't Prosecute If You Steal Under $750

https://www.frontpagemag.com/point/2019/04/dallas-county-da-wont-prosecute-if-you-steal-under-daniel-greenfield/

California’s Proposition 47 downgraded a variety of “non-serious, nonviolent crimes” that had previously been considered felonies to misdemeanors. These include shoplifting, grand theft, receiving stolen property, forgery, fraud, and writing bad checks. As long as the total value of the stolen property is under $950, only a ghost of an offense has occurred. A thief may now steal something under that limit on a daily basis and it will never rise to felony status.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/01/californias-proposition-47-crime-and-no-consequences/

Two years later "Hey, where'd all the convinience stores go? Must be the patriarchy discriminating against us!"

In two hours, the Buffalo Police Dept have gone from "Tripped and fell" to two officers suspended without pay.  A. Just goes to show that the first reaction is to always cover for the bad cop. B. Makes you realize how important cell phone videos are and all that we've missed in the past.

Glad those cops in Buffalo weren’t hurt. I hope the ones that got run over by a protester the other night while manning a barricade get well soon. Enjoy the summer off and then the tax free pension boys! 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Glad those cops in Buffalo weren’t hurt. I hope the ones that got run over by a protester the other night while manning a barricade get well soon. Enjoy the summer off and then the tax free pension boys! 

Sucks that there are so many bad guys on both sides

7 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Sucks that there are so many bad guys on both sides

Yeah. The liberals in charge should really do something about it. Maybe hire more minorities and women? Wait, they did that already. I wish we could figure out a way to solve this that hasn’t been done before and already failed. Maybe give community policing another go round?  Wait, did that a few times already. NYC went back to it years ago. After it failed the first two times. Lol. Oh well, I’m sure the liberals will get this all fixed with new and innovative ideas. Any from you? 

• Like 1

Fire all the cops, they'll be fine, they can find work in the suburbs. I've seen that recipe before with a front row ticket. When your inner city turns into Coleman Young's Detroit (1974-94), well, the suburbs will still be nice. Seriosly ,fock off you Coleman Young-brained dingleberries. You've been warned.

Just now, Voltaire said:

Fire all the cops, they'll be fine, they can find work in the suburbs. I've seen that recipe before with a front row ticket. When your inner city turns into Coleman Young's Detroit (1974-94), well, the suburbs will still be nice. Seriosly ,fock off you Coleman Young-brained dingleberries. You've been warned.

I have an idea! Let’s just give community policing a new name like” socially aware legal monitoring” and tell everyone we made a big change. Problems solved! Get that word “policing” out of the title and it will sell. 

13 hours ago, joneo said:

Haven't read anything other than the title of the thread. I hope some cities defund the police by large margins. Can't wait to see how that goes. 🍿

12 hours ago, fandandy said:

It's going to speed up segregation, not just racial but economic and political segregation as well.  LA is talking about $150 million in cuts.  I am honestly giving more credence to the theory that we live in a simulation because this sh!t is just too crazy to be real.  

Yep.  And LA will turn into a (bigger) cesspool.  And people will flee to places like Phoenix, where they'll vote in democrats who think it is a good idea to... defund the police!  :wall:

• Thanks 1

Also, I see that NewbieBot's new thing is a false equality between bad rioters and bad cops.  I seriously wonder where he gets this stuff.  :dunno:

{sarcasm Font}LOL, treat it like Health Insurance, just don't make it mandatory.  If you want police protection pay for it, if not, go without.  Subsidize with tax monies rather than spending what is budgeted for coverage for all at this time.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

It is west virginia lol

Just now, Meglamaniac said:

{sarcasm Font}LOL, treat it like Health Insurance, just don't make it mandatory.  If you want police protection pay for it, if not, go without.  Subsidize with tax monies rather than spending what is budgeted for coverage for all at this time.

Operator: Hello 9-1-1, state your emergency...

Caller:  I was just mugged and shot in the leg...

Operator:  What is your name please...

Caller:  Gives name

Operator:  Thank you, hold please...  <pause>   I am sorry, you did not pay for police protection, have a good day...  <click>

17 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Volty, I sent you a PM. 

2 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

It is west virginia lol

What are you talking about?

5 minutes ago, posty said:

Operator: Hello 9-1-1, state your emergency...

Caller:  I was just mugged and shot in the leg...

Operator:  What is your name please...

Caller:  Gives name

Operator:  Thank you, hold please...  <pause>   I am sorry, you did not pay for police protection, have a good day...  <click>

And there you have it!

24 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Also, I see that NewbieBot's new thing is a false equality between bad rioters and bad cops.  I seriously wonder where he gets this stuff.  :dunno:

My point is, bad protesters don't nullify the productive work that good protesters are trying to do. Just as bad cops don't nullify the work that good ones do.  How is that false equivalency? 

26 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Yep.  And LA will turn into a (bigger) cesspool.  And people will flee to places like Phoenix, where they'll vote in democrats who think it is a good idea to... defund the police!  :wall:

If Dems/liberals are allowed to metastasize they will destroy their host.  It's just a fact.

13 minutes ago, The Observer said:

My point is, bad protesters don't nullify the productive work that good protesters are trying to do. Just as bad cops don't nullify the work that good ones do.  How is that false equivalency? 

No that wasn't your point, goalpost boy.  The above statement, most of us would believe.  Unless you think defunding the police is "productive," then you have the analytical ability of a rock.  :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

No that wasn't your point, goalpost boy.  The above statement, most of us would believe.  Unless you think defunding the police is "productive," then you have the analytical ability of a rock.  :thumbsup:

I have never said I agree with defunding the police. Feel free to check, cuntboy. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Feel free to check, cuntboy. 

Remembering this post when Newbie tells me all I do is call names.  

22 minutes ago, The Observer said:

I see bad protesters as rioter, not protesters.  I see bad cops as criminals, not cops.  In both cases, protesters are protesters, cops are cops.  Rioters are criminals, just as bad cops.  Treat them the same way.  The problem is, the Democrat party doesn't make a differentiation.  All cops are racist is their message.

2 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

And never makes it personal first, good times, good times, he just brings it back in return 10 fold

4 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

With Jerry, I'm always goalpost boy or newbieBot,.   He's literally become a whiny ######. If he ever becomes a good dude again, I'll treat him as such. 

3 minutes ago, The Observer said:

With Jerry, I'm always goalpost boy or newbieBot,.   He's literally become a whiny ######. If he ever becomes a good dude again, I'll treat him as such. 

Any ideas on how to fix the police problem? 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Any ideas on how to fix the police problem? 

Drug testing. Better training. Immediate dismissal for abuse complaints. Lots of suggestions.  But you're never going to legislate away racism. So it's never going to be perfect