Alias Detective

Defund the police

I am sure there is something dealing with 600, but I can't think of one right now...

8 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

West Hollywood California just voted to defund the police. And to let bars stay open until 4 am. Also they spent 85k on gender neutral crosswalk signs. 

Just stay in California. Don't look around, wonder why things suck, throw your hands in the air and decide to go sh*t in somebody else's bed.

Shootings up 13 pct in July of this year compared to last in NYC. Murders up 34 pct. 

I live in a very well off area that is made up of a majority of liberal voters. I can tell this by both the people they elect into office, and by the overwhelming amount of liberal signs they put in their yards come election time. Around here, you can't drive to the store a mile away without seeing at least 2-3 cop cars on patrol. Everywhere you go around here there are cops. And if they ever were to be defunded the local residents would lose their minds. Yet, they vote people into office that want to defund the police as long as they are defunded in other cities. Not this one.    

33 minutes ago, craftsman said:

I live in a very well off area that is made up of a majority of liberal voters. I can tell this by both the people they elect into office, and by the overwhelming amount of liberal signs they put in their yards come election time. Around here, you can't drive to the store a mile away without seeing at least 2-3 cop cars on patrol. Everywhere you go around here there are cops. And if they ever were the be defunded the local residents would lose their minds. Yet, they vote people into office that want to defund the police as long as they are defunded in other cities. Not this one.    

Liberals don't care about crime, as long as it's not in their neighborhood.

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Liberals don't care about crime, as long as it's not in their neighborhood.

Paging Gutterboy. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, craftsman said:

I live in a very well off area that is made up of a majority of liberal voters. I can tell this by both the people they elect into office, and by the overwhelming amount of liberal signs they put in their yards come election time. Around here, you can't drive to the store a mile away without seeing at least 2-3 cop cars on patrol. Everywhere you go around here there are cops. And if they ever were the be defunded the local residents would lose their minds. Yet, they vote people into office that want to defund the police as long as they are defunded in other cities. Not this one.    

How does someone not in NYC get to vote for the mayor of NYC?

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Paging Gutterboy. 

That's everyone.  I'm pretty sure if you ask people if they are pro-crime in any city, the answer will be no.

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

That's everyone.  I'm pretty sure if you ask people if they are pro-crime in any city, the answer will be no.

On the highway cops are just writing tickets for money. In your neighborhood it’s about safety.  Screw those people on the highway, right? Also, you’re a democrat and a Libtard. Democrats and Libtards are in charge of the police in NJ.  Nice work 

4 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

You deny and downplay its existence. 

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Shootings up 13 pct in July of this year compared to last in NYC. Murders up 34 pct. 

Better aiming??

19 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Better aiming??

Slow response times most likely.  The technology is so good and trauma centers are so close that unless it’s a head shot or hits an organ/ artery you have a great chance of living if they get there quick enough.  

58 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

How does someone not in NYC get to vote for the mayor of NYC?

Beats me.

Good point though. How does a person vote for president of the US or governor of a state if they aren't a US legal citizen.

Answer: Come through the southern border illegally.

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You deny and downplay its existence. 

You pee your pants after every crime 

1 minute ago, avoiding injuries said:

Mail-in votes. 

Hell, the dead can vote, why can't the living? 

Also, people in cities of a state can vote for governors and president. Etc...

Mayor of Chicago wanted to defund the police yet she had a police detail protecting her home. Cori Bush wants to defund police but she spends tens of thousands on security.

Etc, etc, etc... Not sure how liberal voters are incapable of seeing this. Low liberal IQ has to come into the answer to that.

Every rational human in this country said how bad defund the police would be. Yet these elected officials are so dumb they didn't even have the vision to see it.

Then:

From coast to coast in 2020, liberal politicians pledged support for defunding police departments following the murder of George Floyd in Minneapolis. San Francisco Mayor London Breed was among the politicians in major cities that joined the chorus of leaders diverting funds from police that summer, only to reverse course the following year.  

"We will redirect $120 million from law enforcement to support these priorities over the next two years," Breed said in her announcement on July 31, 2020. "Let me repeat that. This is 120 million dollars."

:lol:

And now.

Last month, the Board of Supervisors approved the city's $14 million budget for the 2022-2023 fiscal year, which included provisions to fill about 200 vacant police officer positions and to add funding to officer retention bonuses.

San Francisco has been coping with a multi-edged sword on crime, which was compounded by a now-ousted liberal district attorney.

16 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Dey wuz jus tryin to feed dey family. 

12 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

🤡🤡🤡

Lol.  Like clockwork.

Oh normal people even Dems don't agree with your race baiting defund the police narrative? Better do a total 180 and pretend like you were never for it. 

The whole defund thr police and Biden riots was political theater for a clear year.  People got killed, people got hurt, communities got burnt.  People in thr community had to live with some fear nightly.  Boards on windows preparing for the onslaught.   

All becauee the left wanted to play games in an election year.  

Mostly peaceful.  

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Fireballer said:

🤡🤡🤡

Sounds like something Gutterboy would say.  Same mentality. 

• Like 1

Asheville North Carolina defunded the police. How’s that working out? 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Asheville North Carolina defunded the police. How’s that working out? 

Did they completely eliminate 100% of the funding? So what did they do for law enforcement?  Must have missed that news.

1 minute ago, squistion said:

Did they completely eliminate 100% of the funding? So what did they do for law enforcement?  Must have missed that news.

Yeah, you Fockin idiot. They got rid of the police department.  That’s what I’m saying. 

Asheville has police, here is their website: https://police-transparency-avl.hub.arcgis.com/

But the city is still interesting because they are having serious problems with recruiting and retaining officers:

https://www.citizen-times.com/story/news/2023/01/09/asheville-city-police-has-fragile-morale-police-chief-says/69784424007/

• Like 1

On 3/17/2023 at 10:51 PM, Fireballer said:

Looks like it's Lord of the Flies time in SF. Police Officers should move to communities that care about them, want them, and respect them, while allowing leftoid cities like San Francisco to go feral.

5 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Looks like it's Lord of the Flies time in SF. Police Officers should move to communities that care about them, want them, and respect them, while allowing leftoid cities like San Francisco to go feral.

I just am amazed at how someone that stupid and duplicitive not only manages to get elected, but stay there.

On 5/15/2023 at 10:16 PM, Voltaire said:

Asheville has police, here is their website: https://police-transparency-avl.hub.arcgis.com/

But the city is still interesting because they are having serious problems with recruiting and retaining officers:

https://www.citizen-times.com/story/news/2023/01/09/asheville-city-police-has-fragile-morale-police-chief-says/69784424007/

I figured it was a lie when he claimed they got rid of their police department due to defunding.

Turns out they reduced their budget by just 3%

'Defunding police': Asheville cuts department budget by 3% (citizen-times.com)

On 8/6/2022 at 3:42 PM, craftsman said:

Mayor of Chicago wanted to defund the police yet she had a police detail protecting her home.

It's worse than that. 

The tactical commander of CPD's SRU asked Lightfoot to take her wife and move into a high rise. It would require exponentially less manpower and personnel to secure her and keep her safe in a very elevated position. This is pretty textbook dignitary protection protocol. He pointed out that the personnel saved could be redeployed to other critical parts of the city, where rioting, looting and burning was going on. Lightfoot refused. 

Lightfoot also demanded that no one could protest on the streets near her house. The twist to that edict was that non residents be swept up and cleared out of her neighborhood. Obviously CPD pointed out that they couldn't just round up pedestrians just to ID them, tag them and put them in huge vans and ship them out at will. Lightfoot didn't care. 

If a Republican mayor did even 1/1000th of the insanity of Lightfoot, there would be a media firestorm that never ends. 

But like Brittney Griner, Lightfoot had all the "Infinity Stones Of Wokeness" - She was black, LGBT and a woman. Along with being a minor public celebrity with some wealth. 

What's interesting is Scott Adams said the quiet part out loud - Which is the safest thing for non African Americans in the United States to do is to just avoid black people period. Avoiding someone isn't racist. Not talking to someone isn't racist. Not wanting to socialize or speak to someone isn't racist. Adams makes a point that tends to get lost in the shuffle of screaming and finger pointing - If consistently have a group that keeps offering you only lose/lose/lose/lose situations in your life, it's just better to keep your distance. It's not trying to keep them from voting. It's not trying to put them in separate bathrooms or force them into the back of the bus. It's not trying to advocate for the removal of their Constitutional rights. It's just extreme distance and isolating them out of your day to day life. 

I'm not quite sure what is so offensive other than it's just not politically correct. 

You could find a black single mother in any major "Big Blue City" in America right now, who is working two jobs, suffering and toiling, to move her kids into a "better neighborhood" where there are fewer poor black people around them, because it's safer and the schools are probably better.  There are lots of actual black people who don't want to be around the majority of other urban African Americans. Because many of those areas are high crime and have poverty in them. The schools are typically bad, the streets aren't safe, there is not as much opportunity. 

Upwardly mobile black families don't stay and invest in the worst suffering densely packed black communities. They just get out and leave. Most of the time, if you ask them, it probably sounds like they are glad to "escape" If the more socially and financially successful black Americans don't want to be near poor uneducated black people in high crime areas, why is it so offensive if any non black person wants to do the same? 

On 5/16/2023 at 6:43 AM, RLLD said:

I just am amazed at how someone that stupid and duplicitive not only manages to get elected, but stay there.

You’re a smart man. Nothing liberals do should “amaze” you at this point.