Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

You ever see a great big bird being attacked by a tiny little bird midair?

I've seen that over the years and I always chuckle but today I saw it and the big bird was carrying a little bird in its beak.  Ooof.  Good Lord, that's not something I wanted to see.  The momma bird, I assume, was dive-bombing the big bird to no avail.  What an awful way to go.  Pecked at and eaten alive.  Ruined my morning.  

We have a lot of large ravens here. Little birds chase them away. I assume the ravens must eat eggs, otherwise why chase them away? What I don’t get is why the ravens are scared off. They are maybe 3 times the size of the smaller birds. 

1 hour ago, frank said:

We have a lot of large ravens here. Little birds chase them away. I assume the ravens must eat eggs, otherwise why chase them away? What I don’t get is why the ravens are scared off. They are maybe 3 times the size of the smaller birds. 

They cannot maneuver as precisely as the smaller birds.

See it all the time in my back yard. We have a hawk that hunts in the area and I assume that there are others around. Sometimes they go after bird nests, sometimes chipmunks/squirrels, sometimes bunnies. They are pretty cool birds.

1 hour ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

See it all the time in my back yard. We have a hawk that hunts in the area and I assume that there are others around. Sometimes they go after bird nests, sometimes chipmunks/squirrels, sometimes bunnies. They are pretty cool birds.

Same here with Hawks.  Once in awhile you’ll see 2 or 3 smaller birds chasing it away.  The hawk must have gotten close to their nests.

6 hours ago, fandandy said:

I've seen that over the years and I always chuckle but today I saw it and the big bird was carrying a little bird in its beak.  Ooof.  Good Lord, that's not something I wanted to see.  The momma bird, I assume, was dive-bombing the big bird to no avail.  What an awful way to go.  Pecked at and eaten alive.  Ruined my morning.  

thanks, posty.

23 minutes ago, taco breath said:

thanks, posty.

PM down?  <_<

Yup, my son calls it bird war

I see that all the time. Crows, hawks and falcons are chased away mostly by mockingbirds.

Crows and ravens at war with each other every frigging day, yet all the jay-run media wants to talk about is statistically insignificant cat attacks.  🤨

14 hours ago, BiPolarBear said:

BLACKbird lives matter. :headbanger:

No longer shall we sit idly by while they are literally baked in a pie by the fours and twenties.  :mad:

• Like 1