Bier Meister

No Drew Brees thread?

3 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Never a bad time to have a conversation. You just don’t like his position.  If he came out and knelt like a pussie you would have a new hero.

fake ass punk.

I never said it was wrong. He has a right to say whatever he wants. I was just surprised, that's all. 

10 minutes ago, Meglamaniac said:

So the truth doesn't matter, only what the squeaky wheel of the moments thinks is important

Correct

6 minutes ago, The Observer said:

I would have just thought he was smarter and would use better judgement. He shares a locker room and a league with a high percentage of black people.  He really chooses the most racially charged time of our lives to speak out against the african americans who knelt for black justice?   Seems like an unforced error. 

You are sure asserting a lot of 'your opinion' into what Brees said.  Fact is he never mention anything about color or race, he didn't specify anyone in particular, he simply stated how he felt about people kneeling during the NA.  His exact words

Brees had said he would "never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag."

"And is everything right with our country right now? No, it's not," Brees said in the interview. "We still have a long way to go. But I think what you do by standing there and showing respect to the flag with your hand over your heart, is it shows unity. It shows that we are all in this together, we can all do better, and that we are all part of the solution."

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Meglamaniac said:

You are sure asserting a lot of 'your opinion' into what Brees said.  Fact is he never mention anything about color or race, he didn't specify anyone in particular, he simply stated how he felt about people kneeling during the NA.  His exact words

"And is everything right with our country right now? No, it's not," Brees said in the interview. "We still have a long way to go. But I think what you do by standing there and showing respect to the flag with your hand over your heart, is it shows unity. It shows that we are all in this together, we can all do better, and that we are all part of the solution."

It was a dig at every player who knelt for during the anthem for blacks rights.  And says it at a time where those same people are currently fighting for the same.  Again, Brees is entitled to his opinion. And so is every black player that feels disrespected. Very dumb thing to say in his position, but certainly one he had a right to express

His exact words

The 2020 woke interpretation of that is "fuk them naggers".  

Shannon Sharpe didn’t say Terrell Suggs should retire. 

Who really, outside of NO cares about Drew Brees?  Horrifically overrated QB, so you play half your games indoors and throw sixty times a game?  

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, KayJay1971 said:

We are defunding the message bored police. You job is now at risk. Watch what you say!

Would it help if we took a knee together?  :(

1 hour ago, fandandy said:

If I was rich and had something to lose by sharing my opinion on anything I wouldn't grant interviews or have a social media presence.  It's just not worth it anymore.  

... and that's a big reason why I say the Democrat party is the biggest terrorist threat this country has to deal with.

I knew as soon as I heard it that he was going to have to "walk back" his statement. 

23 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Would it help if we took a knee together?  :(

After we finish looting.

1 hour ago, The Observer said:

Brees is guilty of not being smart enough to read the temperature. Not because he necessarily said something wrong. 

Thats enough to go batsheet crazy over it? 

People are soft these days.   Real soft.  He said nothing wrong.  He just didnt say EXACTLY what the hardcore black community wanted him to say.  

White people should just say no comment and not participate in this.  Cant win so what is the point.  Just sit on the sideline and watch.  

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

People are soft these days.   Real soft.  He said nothing wrong.  He just didnt say EXACTLY what the hardcore black community wanted him to say.  

White people should just say no comment and not participate in this.  Cant win so what is the point.  Just sit on the sideline and watch.  

Hate to tell you, but it wasn't just the "hardcore black community" that supported kneeling. 

I would have respected him more if he didn't backpedal.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Hate to tell you, but it wasn't just the "hardcore black community" that supported kneeling. 

Where did he say that?

Exactly who is pushing back on what he said in the interview?  You'd be hard press to find any of the "other supporters on kneeling" in this group.

5 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

White silence is violence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

Drew Brees did more for the Black community after Katrina then any of these talking heads have ever done in their life.

Came in here to say the same thing.  Amazing how soon people forget. 

The players need to boycott Fox. They are racist, right? 

Where did he say that?

Exactly who is pushing back on what he said in the interview?  You'd be hard press to find any of the "other supporters on kneeling" in this group.

listen2me26 said it. I was quoting him

1 minute ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Came in here to say the same thing.  Amazing how soon people forget. 

Another reason I was shocked to see that he said what he did

Just now, The Observer said:

No it is the hardcore black community that is now the judge and jury on anything said.  If you dont bend and kiss the ring completely right now then you are drug through the mud.  Because he didnt totally jump on their wagon he now is a POS.  Doesnt matter what hes actually done for the black community or the fact he said we need to unify.   

That is how petty people and soft people are these days.  

Brees, I believe, is one of the good guys.  

2 minutes ago, The Observer said:

listen2me26 said it. I was quoting him

No he didn't, nowhere in his post did state anything about who supported "kneeling"

If you want to find the measure of a man, give him a little power. We are finding out what some people are all about with their new found power. Kneel or else. 

2 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Him and everyone in any form of media need to understand you have to bend over and kiss the ring on this issue or you risk your career. You cannot have even a neutral viewpoint.

Or, as the colonists once said, "My only regret is that i have but one life to lose for my country."  Brees should say "Do it.  Take it from me.  But I will not be silent."

2 hours ago, The Observer said:

He's buddies with Trump.  He probably should have sat this one out. 

Yup should have been buddies with China. Like Lebron.  

5 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Yea god forbid you love the greatest country on earth. Warts and all.

3 minutes ago, Meglamaniac said:

No he didn't, nowhere in his post did state anything about who supported "kneeling"

Brees usually doesn't fock up like that. He should have known better.  Seems he knows better today because he backpedaled. 

1 minute ago, 12th Man said:

Yup should have been buddies with China. Like Lebron.  

China's done less harm to our country than Trump has.  hth

36 minutes ago, Mungwater said:

Who really, outside of NO cares about Drew Brees?  Horrifically overrated QB, so you play half your games indoors and throw sixty times a game?  

Yeah, who outside of LA cares about Brees. At one point his jersey was a top five seller for a few years. Guess NO. was stockpiling his jerseys. 

Brees usually doesn't fock up like that. He should have known better.  Seems he knows better today because he backpedaled. 

He didn't fock up until he made a public apology.  There was nothing negative about what he said and when people have to apologize for having an opinion that is not popular then it's time to take a serious look at what this country has become

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Observer said:

I was shocked also. How stoopid people are. :rollseyes:

Just now, Meglamaniac said:

He didn't fock up until he made a public apology.  There was nothing negative about what he said and when people have to apologize for having an opinion that is not popular then it's time to take a serious look at what this country has become

He made the apology because he focked up. He has to play football with those people.I could see Jameis Winston being a dumbass and saying somehting stupid.  Drew Brees knows the game. He's usually so polished.  He was trying to impress his trumpster buddies and forgot who he is and what he does for a living. 

• Like 1

He made the apology because he focked up. He has to play football with those people.I could see Jameis Winston being a dumbass and saying somehting stupid.  Drew Brees knows the game. He's usually so polished.  He was trying to impress his trumpster buddies and forgot who he is and what he does for a living. 

As I said, when someone stating their opinion on a subject is considered 'focking up' then Houston we have a problem, but we already knew this, it's clear as day. 

5 minutes ago, The Observer said:

China's done less harm to our country than Trump has.  hth

:rolleyes: Ok Sho...

Never should have apologized....

• Like 1

As I said, when someone stating their opinion on a subject is considered 'focking up' then Houston we have a problem, but we already knew this, it's clear as day. 

There's a saying.  Know your audience.  Brees focked up. Then he backpedaled. Because he quickly realized.

19 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

White silence is violence.

That is how its being spun. It reminds me of the red scare. 

There's a saying.  Know your audience.  Brees focked up. Then he backpedaled. Because he quickly realized.

Silence of the people that don't share your opinion, it's the new way we judge people, that doesn't make it right

Silence of the people that don't share your opinion, it's the new way we judge people, that doesn't make it right

Never said judging him was right. Nor did I say he didn't have the right to express his opinion.  Doesn't mean there aren't consequences. 

6 minutes ago, The Observer said:

He realized he can’t have an opinion because for some reason black opinions take priority today.