Bier Meister

No Drew Brees thread?

2 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Never said judging him was right. Nor did I say he didn't have the right to express his opinion.  Doesn't mean there aren't consequences. 

WRONG must have a new definition

Never said judging him was right. Nor did I say he didn't have the right to express his opinion.  Doesn't mean there aren't consequences. 

Tell that to George Floyd.  There are consequences to being a criminal.  :sad face:

There's a saying.  Know your audience.  Brees focked up. Then he backpedaled. Because he quickly realized.

Dont agree.  He did because he was forced to apologize as his teammates, fans, and talking heads all went over the top.  Because the country is soft.  

If there was no over the top reaction he wouldnt of apologized.  

He didnt say anything wrong.  What the next day he all of a sudden agrees with kneeling? He apologized because he forgot or just realized how sensitive everyone is.  Not because he thinks he said soemthing wrong.  

Remember you have to coddle to the feelings of people today.   

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Meglamaniac said:

WRONG must have a new definition

If I state the opinion that I think obese guys are gross, would you agree that it would matter if I worked as an accountant or as a staff member at Weight Watchers?   Same opinion, and possibly a valid one. But in the one scenario, it wouldn't make me a very smart guy. 

3 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Dont agree.  He did because he was forced to apologize as his teammates, fans, and talking heads all went over the top.  Because the country is soft.  

If there was no over the top reaction he wouldnt of apologized.  

He didnt say anything wrong.  What the next day he all of a sudden agrees with kneeling? He apologized because he forgot or just realized how sensitive everyone is.  Not because he thinks he said soemthing wrong.  

Remember you have to coddle to the feelings of people today.   

He apologized because he realized that he sh1t all over 1000s of coworkers who are very passionate about the subject. 

Just now, The Observer said:

If I state the opinion that I think obese guys are gross, would you agree that it would matter if I worked as an accountant or as a staff member at Weight Watchers?   Same opinion, and possibly a valid one. But in the one scenario, it wouldn't make me a very smart guy. 

True to form, losing a debate, try to make it personal.  You keep being you

35 minutes ago, BLS said:

I would have respected him more if he didn't backpedal.

Yup, he should have bootlegged.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Observer said:

He apologized because he realized that he sh1t all over 1000s of coworkers who are very passionate about the subject. 

How is disagreeing sh1tting on them? 

It isn't.   He was he was respectful in stating his pretty neutral answer.   

Yes he should know that people would overreact and just passed on the question.  I agree there.   

http://www.drewbrees.com/

Brees Dream Foundation. Improving the quality of life for cancer patients, and provide care, education and opportunities for children and families in need. Drew and Brittany Brees have personally committed $5 million to the State of Louisiana for relief efforts to fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.

Over 35 mil donated in total

2 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

This is a lot deeper than just having differing opinions.

Kaep's kneeling was about abuse of power, especially towards the AA community and a country that supports a broken system. I do not believe that he was denouncing the positive attributes of the USA.

Nothing says "abuse of power" better than socks depicting cops as pigs.  :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, The Observer said:

He probably should have sat this one out. 

Agree.  Trump should have too.  Somehow this has become about Trump. 

A cop working for a Democrat Mayor and prosecutor in a State with a Dem Governor murders a handcuffed unarmed black man.  When the protests/riots started Trump should have said " You all have a big problem there let me know how I can help.   If you need the military let me know. "   If they tried blaming it on him he could have said "Hey he was your rouge cop in your liberal city.  It has nothing to do with me."

If he had done this it would be about all the cities with riots and the local/State Dem politicians would have taken the heat.   But in trying to help stop the riots he opened himself up for them to all deflect the blame his way.   He falls into traps again and again where the Dems can push their failings onto him.  It is depressing to watch these loser politicians and the media make it all about him when he had nothing to do with the situation in these cities.

1 hour ago, kilroy69 said:

I knew as soon as I heard it that he was going to have to "walk back" his statement. 

So he apologized?  So non-story then...  Once you apologize, everything is okay according to Newbie...

13 minutes ago, Meglamaniac said:

True to form, losing a debate, try to make it personal.  You keep being you

Legit question.  You can't see how stating certain opinions is unwise depending on occupation?  Everyone has a right to state their opinion, right? Doesn't mean someone isn't an idiot for doing so.

Legit question.  You can't see how stating certain opinions is unwise depending on occupation?  Everyone has a right to state their opinion, right? Doesn't mean someone isn't an idiot for doing so.

There is absolutely nothing wrong, insulting or any other adjustive you choose to use about what Brees said. 

Brees had said he would "never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag."

"And is everything right with our country right now? No, it's not," Brees said in the interview. "We still have a long way to go. But I think what you do by standing there and showing respect to the flag with your hand over your heart, is it shows unity. It shows that we are all in this together, we can all do better, and that we are all part of the solution."

Just now, Meglamaniac said:

There is absolutely nothing wrong, insulting or any other adjustive you choose to use about what Brees said. 

Brees had said he would "never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag."

"And is everything right with our country right now? No, it's not," Brees said in the interview. "We still have a long way to go. But I think what you do by standing there and showing respect to the flag with your hand over your heart, is it shows unity. It shows that we are all in this together, we can all do better, and that we are all part of the solution."

And the players who knelt have stated hundreds of times that they weren't disrespecting service men or disrespecting the flag. Brees sh1t all over them.  No wonder Jenkins told him to STFU. And no wonder he backpedaled

16 minutes ago, Strike said:

Nothing says "abuse of power" better than socks depicting cops as pigs.  :thumbsup:

Not my style, but seems like harmless protest.  Free speech, no? 

And the players who knelt have stated hundreds of times that they weren't disrespecting service men or disrespecting the flag. Brees sh1t all over them.  No wonder Jenkins told him to STFU. And no wonder he backpedaled

So their opinion is more important than Drew's, got it.  You can keep saying he sh!t on them, doesn't make it true, nothing he said was negative, to the contrary he willing admits we have strides to make and that we are all in this together to reach a solution.  The over reaction to what he said says more about the people objecting than it does about Brees.

2 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Not my style, but seems like harmless protest.  Free speech, no? 

I would say it hurts your message and credibility to disparage ALL cops when it's a minuscule percentage of them that commit this type of abuse.

1 minute ago, Meglamaniac said:

So their opinion is more important than Drew's, got it.  You can keep saying he sh!t on them, doesn't make it true, nothing he said was negative, to the contrary he willing admits we have strides to make and that we are all in this together to reach a solution.  The over reaction to what he said says more about the people objecting than it does about Brees.

Yes, their opinion IS more important than Brees' in this instance. They were kneeling to draw attention to a matter that was important to them. Not to disrespect the flag. Not to disrespect our military members. They knew their intentions. Drew Brees doesn't get to decide what they were doing.  The whole disrespect-angle was exactly what the racists used to try to villianize them.  And now Brees is joining that bunch of asswholes?  And you wonder why players are upset?

1 minute ago, Strike said:

I would say it hurts your message and credibility to disparage ALL cops when it's a minuscule percentage of them that commit this type of abuse.

You don't seem to have a problem disparaging all the protesters because of a small percentage of violent ones.

16 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

http://www.drewbrees.com/

Brees Dream Foundation. Improving the quality of life for cancer patients, and provide care, education and opportunities for children and families in need. Drew and Brittany Brees have personally committed $5 million to the State of Louisiana for relief efforts to fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.

Over 35 mil donated in total

Yeah. But don't let facts get in the way. Because of his efforts, people in need line up outside of Saints training camp to get much needed food.  Fawking idiots.

6 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Yes, their opinion IS more important than Brees' in this instance. They were kneeling to draw attention to a matter that was important to them. Not to disrespect the flag. Not to disrespect our military members. They knew their intentions. Drew Brees doesn't get to decide what they were doing.  The whole disrespect-angle was exactly what the racists used to try to villianize them.  And now Brees is joining that bunch of asswholes?  And you wonder why players are upset?

OK

K-stink kneeled because he just lost his job and was pouting and using events to try and garner support for his own total suckage. It had nothing to do with those events. He was using them like a pimp uses whores. He could not come to grips that as far as an NFL player, he was dogshit. If he had any skills an NFL team would pay him.

Get ready for Drew Brees to be blamed for the oncoming TS Christobal heading to New Orleans.

42 minutes ago, Strike said:

Not sure pig socks hurt the message when the message is that it is not minuscule and often cases are covered up.  The message seems to be that these abuses and cover ups are systematically accepted.  

Again, I am not going to wear them, nor wear tee shirts that says F* the police.  Would love to see more weeding out of bad apples and better policies and procedures.

1 hour ago, Mookz said:

Yup, he should have bootlegged.  

I was thinking the Statue of Liberty play. 🇺🇸 

• Thanks 1

Any good American would support Brees, if you don't, you suck at being a good American.  

This is scientific fact.  

• Like 1

Just now, drobeski said:

Any good American would support Brees, if you don't, you suck at being a good American.  

This is scientific fact.  

Support his right to say what he wants?  Absolutely. Support other players from telling him to STFU? Absolutely.  Support his right to realize he better backpedal? Yuppper dupper

43 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Aaron Rodgers throwing Brees under the bus..

Aaron rodgers has always been a terrible person,  American and a very overrated QB. 

It’s funny, Brees did kneel before a game. With his black teammates. Just not during the NA. Anyone talking about that? 

It is sad that Brees is allowed an opinion only if tolerated by the left and MSM...

2 minutes ago, posty said:

It is sad that Brees is allowed an opinion only if tolerated by the left and MSM...

He's allowed any opinion he wants to give.  freedom of speech isn't freedom of consequences for that speech. hth

1 hour ago, The Observer said:

Why can't they just kneel at a different point (after of before the National Anthem) to get their point across? Then everyone wins. 

4 minutes ago, KayJay1971 said:

Why can't they just kneel at a different point (after of before the National Anthem) to get their point across? Then everyone wins. 

Maybe they could have knelt at home.  Or on the team bus

Maybe they could have knelt at home.  Or on the team bus

Any of those would have been way less disrespectful to the American flag. HTH

2 minutes ago, KayJay1971 said:

Any of those would have been way less disrespectful to the American flag. HTH

When you're the organizer of the movement because you've been mistreated, you get to choose the platform you'd like to get the word out on. I highly doubt that's ever going to happen, Mr White Privilege 

12 minutes ago, KayJay1971 said:

Why can't they just kneel at a different point (after of before the National Anthem) to get their point across?  

No shock value

Just now, Fireballer said:

No shock value

Ding ding ding. We have a winner!!

3 minutes ago, The Observer said:

When you're the organizer of the movement because you've been mistreated, you get to choose the platform you'd like to get the word out on. I highly doubt that's ever going to happen, Mr White Privilege 

Exactly what 'mistreatment' did Kap face to start this movement?