Bier Meister

No Drew Brees thread?

he's an awful awful human now cause he said it's disrespectful to kneel during anthem and says it reminds of his grandfather that fought in the war. a real scumbag!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, porkbutt said:

he's an awful awful human now cause he said it's disrespectful to kneel during anthem and says it reminds of his grandfather that fought in the war. a real scumbag!!!!

How dare he say he loves his teammates and people of all colors and his country. He may as well have worn a kkk hood while he was at it.

Brees is guilty of not being smart enough to read the temperature. Not because he necessarily said something wrong. 

He kneeled, metaphorically. He will actually do it in the fall. Move on 

Just now, tanatastic said:

How dare he say he loves his teammates and people of all colors and his country. He may as well have worn a kkk hood while he was at it.

fockin bizzaro world!!! where youre a scumbag if you like the USA :wacko:

4 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

fockin bizzaro world!!! where youre a scumbag if you like the USA :wacko:

He's buddies with Trump.  He probably should have sat this one out. 

12 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Brees is guilty of not being smart enough to read the temperature. Not because he necessarily said something wrong. 

I need to know who the authority is on when it's OK to say certain things. We need a guide book on When this tragedy happens you must Wait x amount of weeks before you make a controversial statement if it involves y race as a victim. If z race is a victim say whatever because no one cares. Something along those lines so we know when we can and can't exercise our free speech rights. 

• Like 1

Him and everyone in any form of media need to understand you have to bend over and kiss the ring on this issue or you risk your career. You cannot have even a neutral viewpoint.

1 minute ago, tanatastic said:

Him and everyone in any form of media need to understand you have to bend over and kiss the ring on this issue or you risk your career. You cannot have even a neutral viewpoint.

It’s insane.  Completely insane.

6 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I need to know who the authority is on when it's OK to say certain things. We need a guide book on When this tragedy happens you must Wait x amount of weeks before you make a controversial statement if it involves y race as a victim. If z race is a victim say whatever because no one cares. Something along those lines so we know when we can and can't exercise our free speech rights. 

He was free.  And his black leaguemates are free to tell him to STFU

If I was rich and had something to lose by sharing my opinion on anything I wouldn't grant interviews or have a social media presence.  It's just not worth it anymore.  

13 minutes ago, The Observer said:

He's buddies with Trump.  He probably should have sat this one out. 

yeah differing opinions are bad.

15 minutes ago, The Observer said:

This is 100% correct. Today, youre for us, or against us.  There is no middle ground.  Hes getting drilled not because he loves the USA, but because his words were interpreted as being against Kaepernick and crew.  They basically heard him say "fuk them naggers". I would imagine though, that through his philanthropy, he had a positive effect on countless black kids in NOLA.  His black equity is all spent now.

2 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

His black equity is all spent now.

:D  Shouldn't it be blaquity?

2 minutes ago, KayJay1971 said:

:D  Shouldn't it be blaquity?

Take it to the Sniglets thread.  :nono:

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Perfectly stated.  

have you heard his answer to the previous question? he should have stopped there.

5 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

This is 100% correct. Today, youre for us, or against us.  There is no middle ground.  Hes getting drilled not because he loves the USA, but because his words were interpreted as being against Kaepernick and crew.  They basically heard him say "fuk them naggers". I would imagine though, that through his philanthropy, he had a positive effect on countless black kids in NOLA.  His black equity is all spent now.

Anyone who looks back at how peaceful and unassuming Kaepernick was and how he handled his protest and STILL has a problem with it, is a racist. Very simple. It's not even a debate at this point

• Thanks 1

Just now, The Observer said:

Anyone who looks back at how peaceful and unassuming Kaepernick was and how he handled his protest and STILL has a problem with it, is a racist. Very simple. It's not even a debate at this point

I personlly have no problem with kneeling. Do your thing. The only issue is that it was based on a false narrative. 

3 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Kaep made a statement by being the first to kneel, and I am completely ok with his decision to do so. At this point though, wtf does it mean to kneel for the national anthem?

Great lesson to learn. If you don't have words that 100% support these types of movements, just shut your yammer.

Why anyone would say anything that doesn't fit this narrative is just plain dumb

Shannon Sharpe said he should retire. He didn’t think Ray Rice should though.  Words hurt more than a right cross I guess. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

I personlly have no problem with kneeling. Do your thing. The only issue is that it was based on a false narrative. 

It is the exact same narrative that is destroying hundreds of US cities.  Certainly seems like a preferable way of expressing it. 

Drew Brees did more for the Black community after Katrina then any of these talking heads have ever done in their life.

This is a lot deeper than just having differing opinions.

Kaep's kneeling was about abuse of power, especially towards the AA community and a country that supports a broken system. I do not believe that he was denouncing the positive attributes of the USA.

Brees is getting flack because to "never support kneeling" is a statement that supports the status quo and does not promote changing a flawed (not broken) system.  

Kaep got woke after he got his big contract and lost his job. Why didn’t he kneel before the Super Bowl? These issues he is championing have been going on for so long.  He stood tall that day. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Kaep got woke after he got his big contract and lost his job. Why didn’t he kneel before the Super Bowl? These issues he is championing have been going on for so long.  He stood tall that day. 

not everyone is born an activist

3 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

This is a lot deeper than just having differing opinions.

Kaep's kneeling was about abuse of power, especially towards the AA community and a country that supports a broken system. I do not believe that he was denouncing the positive attributes of the USA.

Brees is getting flack because to "never support kneeling" is a statement that supports the status quo and does not promote changing a flawed (not broken) system.  

Is it though? Or are you now conditioned to believe that since its told to you over and over again?

Obviously anything can get better....but the statistics don't say its "broken".  In fact America is one of the least racist countries in the world.  Nothing is perfect.

15 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Take it to the Sniglets thread.  :nono:

We are defunding the message bored police. You job is now at risk. Watch what you say!

1 minute ago, Bier Meister said:

not everyone is born an activist

So he got woke between the pre-season and the regular season? Come on. Like most of these phonies, he won’t feel the ramifications  of what he advocates for. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So he got woke between the pre-season and the regular season? Come on. Like most of these phonies, he won’t feel the ramifications  of what he advocates for. 

I think it is different for everyone

51 minutes ago, The Observer said:

So the truth doesn't matter, only what the squeaky wheel of the moments thinks is important

• Thanks 1

I was surprised there wasn't a Drew Brees thread as well

I loved what he said initially, but he quickly realized quickly that he was dealing with psychotic terrorists so he back peddled. I predict he'll eventually have to be scraped off of the field.

Just now, Meglamaniac said:

So the truth doesn't matter, only what the squeaky wheel of the moments thinks is important

I would have just thought he was smarter and would use better judgement. He shares a locker room and a league with a high percentage of black people.  He really chooses the most racially charged time of our lives to speak out against the african americans who knelt for black justice?   Seems like an unforced error. 

1 minute ago, The Observer said:

I would have just thought he was smarter and would use better judgement. He shares a locker room and a league with a high percentage of black people.  He really chooses the most racially charged time of our lives to speak out against the african americans who knelt for black justice?   Seems like an unforced error. 

Never a bad time to have a conversation. You just don’t like his position.  If he came out and knelt like a pussie you would have a new hero.

fake ass punk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Is it though? Or are you now conditioned to believe that since its told to you over and over again?

Obviously anything can get better....but the statistics don't say its "broken".  In fact America is one of the least racist countries in the world.  Nothing is perfect.

I am 50.  I have attended public, private schools, and Catholic schools My beliefs have not been formulated from recent media blasts, but based on what I have read, seen, and experienced.  One of the basic ideals of the creation of our country is for equal treatment towards it's citizens.  I agree in that I do not think it is broken (as mentioned), but needs revision.  It is one of the least racist countries, and agree that nothing is perfect... just think we still have a decent way to go to improve equality in the justice system (amongst other arenas).

13 minutes ago, The Observer said:

It is the exact same narrative that is destroying hundreds of US cities.  Certainly seems like a preferable way of expressing it. 

Which is again is a false narrative. Many of the speakers over the past week have mentioned peoples names that were actually armed criminals.  Ben Crump said "take a breath for Michael Brown".  You remember, where the shooting was justified based according to Eric Holders DOJ?  Take that sh!t outta here Lebron. 

Any shooting, even justified, is tragic.  But dont pretend cops shooting unarmed black people based on race is an epidemic.  I will say though, that shooting in SC a few years ago and this cat in Minny are probably the most egregious displays of brutality Ive ever seen.  Bury them under the jail.